Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2013, 11:00 AM   #226 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippit View Post
The Broons could play their AHL team and still beat the Caps - that team is LOST, last night's win notwithstanding. I can't wait for that Sunday game.
I agree with that comment, as I attend a fair amount of Providence Bruins games, and they tend to give a full 60 Min. effort.

Bruce Cassidy has the baby B's playing the same style game in the AHL but really have to say they keep the 'pedal to the metal' which is a testament to their Coaches!!

The young Swede Goaltender Niklas Svedberg has been outstanding and gives the Bruins even more depth at the Goaltending position!
Old 03-16-2013, 05:38 PM   #227 (permalink)

Just got back from the TD Garden and it's nice to see the B's 1st line break out of their slump!

Lucic & Horton had a great game along with Krejci. The Bruins played a physical game which usually means a (W), and today it worked.

A couple of good fights with Horton & McQuaid leading 'The Big Bad Bruins' in a matinee 'beat-down'!!

I consider this game a shutout for Khudobin who stopped everything but Krejci poor clearing attempt.

Hendricks had a rough game for Washington and when he was leaving the ice after the McQuaid fight he got into it with a couple of yuck, yucks sitting by the tunnel, they eventually got thrown out when they tried to fight with the Caps trainer!!

Let's hope for the same kind of physical game tomorrow in the rematch with the Penguins!!

GO B'S GO

Last edited by TASS; 03-17-2013 at 03:09 PM.
TASS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:00 PM   #228 (permalink)

Ugly game......
Old 03-17-2013, 03:06 PM   #229 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFan28 View Post
Ugly game......
That was probably the strongest defensive game of the season for Pit., although the B's did not create many second chance opportunities. Even worse to lose on the type of Goal they did.

A very disappointing loss to say the least now compound that with the Krejci injury and you have an even tougher loss!!

That shot that hit Krejci was a bomb and hit him in the worst possible place on top of the knee, don't see much good coming from that.

On to Wpg. Tue. night, let's hope the news on Krejci is not what I am anticipating!

GO B'S GO

Lester threw (6) no hit innings at Jet Blue today, a good sign for him and the Sox!

Last edited by TASS; 03-17-2013 at 03:13 PM.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:11 PM   #230 (permalink)

Another great battle between two of the league's top teams.
#1 Collection : Barrasso
#2 Collection : Ron Hextall
Other : Crosby, Wregget, Malkin
NEED RON HEXTALL SPGU LETTER MARKS!!!
ncm7772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:35 PM   #231 (permalink)

Some good news just posted by Joe Haggerty who said David Krejci was walking to B's team bus after the game on his own and looked alright!!

That's the latest news I've seen since the game ended.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:35 PM   #232 (permalink)

What's up with Horton? They guy just looks disinterested of late. Others players to sit Pandolfo, Campbell. Time to bring up Soderberg and see what happens.
ZappBrannigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:56 PM   #233 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZappBrannigan View Post
What's up with Horton? They guy just looks disinterested of late. Others players to sit Pandolfo, Campbell. Time to bring up Soderberg and see what happens.
Therein lies the problem, I went to the game yesterday and that line hit everthing that moved, went hard to the net and Lucic was a beast in the corners and behind the net.

Spring to today's game, and other than the occasional burst or hit from this line there was nothing!! In order for this Bruins Team to go deep into the playoffs that have to start playing to their strengths and be consistant 'shift to shift'.

I know there will be the exceptions, but not in a game where you are playing for the Conference lead, it's just unacceptable and I'm sure the plane trip to Winnipeg will be somber!
Old 03-18-2013, 07:22 AM   #234 (permalink)

I notice mr "Bostonut" hasn't posted much this weekend. Perhaps he didn't see the game? Anyway, you guys need to worry about beating the Canadiens, not the Pens.
solt0131 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:23 PM   #235 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
I notice mr "Bostonut" hasn't posted much this weekend. Perhaps he didn't see the game? Anyway, you guys need to worry about beating the Canadiens, not the Pens.
I gotta say...it's rather creepy when you are away on business and people are looking for you to post...

Did the B's lose or something? Been away from the sporting world for a week or so.
BostonNut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:42 PM   #236 (permalink)

Just got a text from the Providence Bruins that Ryan Spooner is getting the start tonight on the 1st line with Lucic & Horton.

Where this is good news for Spooner, it is a 'day to day' status now for Krejci who is traveling with the team.

Spooner has been having a great year in the AHL and will add some speed to that line!!
Old 03-19-2013, 04:43 PM   #237 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
I gotta say...it's rather creepy when you are away on business and people are looking for you to post...

Did the B's lose or something? Been away from the sporting world for a week or so.
Yeah, ok sure. You'll be the first to post if the Bruins beat the Pens later this year.....
Old 03-19-2013, 04:49 PM   #238 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah, ok sure. You'll be the first to post if the Bruins beat the Pens later this year.....
I think you take sports a little too seriously in life.

Gotta chillax man...
Old 03-19-2013, 05:15 PM   #239 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
I think you take sports a little too seriously in life.

Gotta chillax man...
I'd say the same thing too based on the way the Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics and Bruins are headed in 2013.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:30 PM   #240 (permalink)

Quote:
I'd say the same thing too based on the way the Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics and Bruins are headed in 2013.
Gotta chillax man...

LMFAO!!! How them Pirates this year facing elimination by their typical June 30th

Don't you have somwhere else to play, we don't take kindly to your type in these parts.

And it's not IF it's WHEN the Bruins beat the Pens later this year!

Last edited by TASS; 03-19-2013 at 05:33 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:47 PM   #241 (permalink)

Bruins blow another 3rd period lead!! Puck not going in the net as of late, but I'd rather they do this know then in the playoffs.

Still have a game in hand with Mont. and 3 with Pitt. but you have to win them.

On to Ottawa Thur. evening, looks like they will be down a D as it looks like McQuaid will be out for awhile.

GO B'S GO
Old 03-23-2013, 09:38 AM   #242 (permalink)

Finally getting back to my down time! Good to see the B's play with some urgency the other night in Ottawa...

I'd like to see them string a few wins together!
Old 03-23-2013, 09:50 PM   #243 (permalink)

Lucic is playing terrible, like AA Hockey terrible. Horrible game to watch in Toronto.

Is Dion Phaneuf the worst defenceman in the NHL? What a bum man, the guy is just awful. They should move him up to forward or put him in net.
ZappBrannigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:53 PM   #244 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZappBrannigan View Post
Lucic is playing terrible, like AA Hockey terrible. Horrible game to watch in Toronto.

Is Dion Phaneuf the worst defenceman in the NHL? What a bum man, the guy is just awful. They should move him up to forward or put him in net.
He made a nice play at the end to save a Seguin goal, but I agree, he is pretty bad. A turnover machine, not nearly as physical as he was, and is damn near being a defensive liability.

Just a stat to throw at you: the Leafs had 31 blocked shots tonight, and 38 hits. The Leafs played well defensively tonight, the Bruins could've put up 45.

And Bruins fans, hopefully you now understand why we Leaf fans love Kadri .
Old 03-24-2013, 11:44 AM   #245 (permalink)

Just got back from being out of town on business, and did not see the game in Ottawa other than highlights, caught the 3rd period last night and have to say the B's are in an official Funk!!

They carried the play for much of the 3rd period but the offense appears to be 'out of synch' to say the least. Getting beat by Tor. for the 1st time since Oct. 2011 just shows you how poor this team is playing (Tor. 13 shots on Goal)

Injuries to the D are starting to effect the team especially getting out of their own zone, no quality neutral zone passing or clean breaks into the offensive zone.

It's better to sputter now then in a month, so one can only hope they get their offense going in the right direction, starting Mon. night in a rematch with the Leafs!!

GO B'S GO

Last edited by TASS; 03-24-2013 at 04:57 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:30 AM   #246 (permalink)

Looks like Jarome Iginla will now be coming to Boston.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:33 PM   #247 (permalink)

Quote:
It all depends on what they want in return, the Bruins have never been an organization that makes a move' just because' , and with the Flames looking for a goaltender part of a deal could be Niklas Svedberg or Hutchinson.

I think a change of scenery and going to a Contender could be a good thing for Iginla's career and Boston would welcome him with open arms, especially on the PP!

Last edited by TASS; 03-25-2013 at 06:39 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:06 PM   #248 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
It all depends on what they want in return, the Bruins have never been an organization that makes a move' just because' , and with the Flames looking for a goaltender part of a deal could be Niklas Svedberg or Hutchinson.

I think a change of scenery and going to a Contender could be a good thing for Iginla's career and Boston would welcome him with open arms, especially on the PP!
They better do something if they want to keep pace with the Pens. It would help if some of the stars actually started, you know, producing.
rippit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:09 PM   #249 (permalink)

Quote:
If the Kings are willing to part with Bernier I'd think they would be the front runners.
rippit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:43 PM   #250 (permalink)

Finally home and able to sit down and watch an entire B's game tonight, and it's the Canadians for 1st in the division!!

Don't get much better than that, now that being said let's see 'what' Bruins team shows up tonight!

This club has not been playing well, yet still holds down the 4th spot in the conference, it's time to start playing BRUINS hockey, and tonight will be a good measuring stick for this 2013 team.