Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 10:15 PM   #251 (permalink)
Member
 
rippit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Monroeville, PA
Posts: 691
Default

This Habs-Broons game is f'n UNBELIEVABLE!!! As a Pens fan I don't know who I should be rooting for, but damn, it's fun to watch!
rippit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:38 PM   #252 (permalink)
Member
 
TASS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: RI
Posts: 4,727
Default

Way to go B's and yet another 3rd period collapse!!! Let's hope Iginla is on his way!!

This loss is going to hurt for awhile, this Bruins team is really finding way's to lose in the 3rd if they continue it will be a short playoff run for sure.
__________________
solt0131 "I told you guys before the Pens as they are aren't as good as the Bruins and can't beat them."
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:22 AM   #253 (permalink)
Member
 
Oilers1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 498
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
Way to go B's and yet another 3rd period collapse!!! Let's hope Iginla is on his way!!

This loss is going to hurt for awhile, this Bruins team is really finding way's to lose in the 3rd if they continue it will be a short playoff run for sure.
Los like he is.... TSN says done deal
Oilers1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:53 AM   #254 (permalink)
Member
 
RBKSNIPZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 2,976
Default

So mad you guys are getting Inginla but I'm really happy about what your giving up lol.
RBKSNIPZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:06 AM   #255 (permalink)
Member
 
GoJays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,691
Default

Jeez, Boston stole Iginla!

I'm sure Calgary wanted Subban. Shame they couldn't get him.
__________________
I will leave my signature the same until the Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup. In short, I will never change my signature.
GoJays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:08 AM   #256 (permalink)
Member
 
RBKSNIPZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 2,976
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
Jeez, Boston stole Iginla!

I'm sure Calgary wanted Subban. Shame they couldn't get him.
Wouldn't say stole...Not even close to a steal. They are borrowing him until the end of the season for 2 really good prospects and another 1st round pick.
RBKSNIPZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:18 AM   #257 (permalink)
Member
 
GoJays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBKSNIPZ View Post
Wouldn't say stole...Not even close to a steal. They are borrowing him until the end of the season for 2 really good prospects and another 1st round pick.
I see it differently. Boston needs some scoring, which Iginla will provide. Calgary is in need of a lot more, and this deal doesn't provide them with much of what they need.

The first rounder is conditional on Iginla signing at the end of the season as well.
__________________
I will leave my signature the same until the Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup. In short, I will never change my signature.
GoJays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:30 AM   #258 (permalink)
Member
 
GoJays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,691
Default

So much for that deal!
__________________
I will leave my signature the same until the Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup. In short, I will never change my signature.
GoJays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:33 AM   #259 (permalink)
Member
 
RBKSNIPZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 2,976
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
I see it differently. Boston needs some scoring, which Iginla will provide. Calgary is in need of a lot more, and this deal doesn't provide them with much of what they need.

The first rounder is conditional on Iginla signing at the end of the season as well.
I see what your saying also. My Rags better make some moves that's all I care about lol
RBKSNIPZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:34 AM   #260 (permalink)
Member
 
GoJays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBKSNIPZ View Post
I see what your saying also. My Rags better make some moves that's all I care about lol
The new deal doesn't look terrific either, although the first rounder isn't conditional.
__________________
I will leave my signature the same until the Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup. In short, I will never change my signature.
GoJays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:40 AM   #261 (permalink)
Member
 
RBKSNIPZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 2,976
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
The new deal doesn't look terrific either, although the first rounder isn't conditional.
Holy mother of god, if the penguins just got inginla for a first round pick and some scrubs rights...I quit
RBKSNIPZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:09 AM   #262 (permalink)
Member
 
Oilers1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 498
Default

pens win cup.....
Oilers1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:12 AM   #263 (permalink)
Member
 
RBKSNIPZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 2,976
Default

Sorry B's fans lmaoo, you guys can still compete against anyone with the grit you guys have so you'll be fine.

Last edited by RBKSNIPZ; 03-28-2013 at 02:30 AM.
RBKSNIPZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:01 AM   #264 (permalink)
Member
 
IamRalpho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Boston
Posts: 11,004
Default

I am not even the biggest Bruins fan, but I know Iginlia (spelled wrong I dont care) and this hasta be a giant kick in the balls.

He chose where to go too. So did Morrow, and neither chose Boston :/
__________________
If you have under 25 iTrader feedback or any negative, I will ask you to send first
IamRalpho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:21 AM   #265 (permalink)
Member
 
solt0131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 5,728
Default

Haha.......BOOM!!!!
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:55 AM   #266 (permalink)
Member
 
TASS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: RI
Posts: 4,727
Default

Well that was a surprise to see this AM, not sure what the Bruins are going to do at the trade deadline but we now know it won't be Iginla Pens are stocking up for the Cup run, Bruins did not want to let Subban go and that's not a bad thing considering Iginla would only be around for 2 months, I just hope B's get some defensive help!!
__________________
solt0131 "I told you guys before the Pens as they are aren't as good as the Bruins and can't beat them."
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:59 AM   #267 (permalink)
Member
 
rippit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Monroeville, PA
Posts: 691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
Well that was a surprise to see this AM, not sure what the Bruins are going to do at the trade deadline but we now know it won't be Iginla Pens are stocking up for the Cup run, Bruins did not want to let Subban go and that's not a bad thing considering Iginla would only be around for 2 months, I just hope B's get some defensive help!!
I about fell out of my chair when I turned on the NHL Network this morning. And the Pens got him for two jabronis and the 30th choice in this year's draft

As long as the Pens don't get overconfident (which has been a problem in the past), I don't think anyone can beat them.
rippit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:13 AM   #268 (permalink)
Member
 
TASS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: RI
Posts: 4,727
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippit View Post
I about fell out of my chair when I turned on the NHL Network this morning. And the Pens got him for two jabronis and the 30th choice in this year's draft

As long as the Pens don't get over onfident (which has been a problem in the past), I don't think anyone can beat them.
Just remember Goaltending typically wins in the playoffs, the Pens will be in many high scoring games, all it takes is a few soft goals to lose!

MAF has been playing well as of late, but I would still be concerened if he has a few 'bad' games especially in the playoffs, Pens are peaking right now and they have improved their lineup more so than everyone, but I'm not handing the cup to them, still have to play the games!!
__________________
solt0131 "I told you guys before the Pens as they are aren't as good as the Bruins and can't beat them."
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:21 AM   #269 (permalink)
Member
 
GoJays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 6,691
Default

Don't be too mad Bruins fans. At least you guys picked up the best shootout artist in league history, Kaspars Daugavins.

Oh, right
__________________
I will leave my signature the same until the Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup. In short, I will never change my signature.
GoJays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:36 AM   #270 (permalink)
Member
 
Rinkwraith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MA
Posts: 4,204
Default

Would anyone else fall out of their chair laughing if Bruins pick up Jagr at the deadline and he scores the series winning goal??? I bet Lemieux would have a coronary on the spot...
__________________
"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isnít that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16

Shop Smart, Shop Rink-Mart
Rinkwraith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:06 AM   #271 (permalink)
Member
 
rippit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Monroeville, PA
Posts: 691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
Just remember Goaltending typically wins in the playoffs, the Pens will be in many high scoring games, all it takes is a few soft goals to lose!

MAF has been playing well as of late, but I would still be concerened if he has a few 'bad' games especially in the playoffs, Pens are peaking right now and they have improved their lineup more so than everyone, but I'm not handing the cup to them, still have to play the games!!
I have more faith in MAF than most Pens fans - I don't think he's elite, but I think he's a better big-game goalie than he's given credit for. I still say he was fatigued last year in the playoffs, and he didn't get much help from the D. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for last year, but he has no excuses this year - it's Cup or bust. The way the team has been playing defense lately there may not be as many high scoring Pens games as you're used to seeing.
rippit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:07 AM   #272 (permalink)
Member
 
rippit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Monroeville, PA
Posts: 691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinkwraith View Post
Would anyone else fall out of their chair laughing if Bruins pick up Jagr at the deadline and he scores the series winning goal??? I bet Lemieux would have a coronary on the spot...
Lemieux would never let it get to that point - he'd be in the owner's box with a sniper rifle.
rippit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:20 AM   #273 (permalink)
Member
 
rhcardinals3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 475
Default

The Bruins will still make some moves before the deadline. There are players many good still available that can be had for less.
rhcardinals3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:04 AM   #274 (permalink)
Member
 
rippit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Monroeville, PA
Posts: 691
Default

Question for the Broons fans:

Two players have now chosen the Pens over Boston. Do you think Jeremy Jacobs taking a hard-line stance during the lockout had anything to do with those decisions?
rippit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:37 AM   #275 (permalink)
Member
 
TASS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: RI
Posts: 4,727
Default

Bruins looking to add a veteran Defenseman and have been talking to Edmonton about Ryan Whitney who would be a good fit on the Boston blueline (Boston born player)

Bruins may also be in the hunt along with the Rangers for SJ/ Dan Boyle, it's obvious the B's need some additional experience and leadership on their D as well as in the locker room.

Either player would be a welcome addition to the current core of defenseman, should be an interesting few day's to say the least!
__________________
solt0131 "I told you guys before the Pens as they are aren't as good as the Bruins and can't beat them."
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.