Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 10:15 PM   #251 (permalink)

This Habs-Broons game is f'n UNBELIEVABLE!!! As a Pens fan I don't know who I should be rooting for, but damn, it's fun to watch!
rippit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:38 PM   #252 (permalink)

Way to go B's and yet another 3rd period collapse!!! Let's hope Iginla is on his way!!

This loss is going to hurt for awhile, this Bruins team is really finding way's to lose in the 3rd if they continue it will be a short playoff run for sure.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:22 AM   #253 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
Way to go B's and yet another 3rd period collapse!!! Let's hope Iginla is on his way!!

This loss is going to hurt for awhile, this Bruins team is really finding way's to lose in the 3rd if they continue it will be a short playoff run for sure.
Los like he is.... TSN says done deal
Oilers1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:53 AM   #254 (permalink)

So mad you guys are getting Inginla but I'm really happy about what your giving up lol.
RBKSNIPZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:06 AM   #255 (permalink)

Jeez, Boston stole Iginla!

I'm sure Calgary wanted Subban. Shame they couldn't get him.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:08 AM   #256 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
Jeez, Boston stole Iginla!

I'm sure Calgary wanted Subban. Shame they couldn't get him.
Wouldn't say stole...Not even close to a steal. They are borrowing him until the end of the season for 2 really good prospects and another 1st round pick.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:18 AM   #257 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBKSNIPZ View Post
Wouldn't say stole...Not even close to a steal. They are borrowing him until the end of the season for 2 really good prospects and another 1st round pick.
I see it differently. Boston needs some scoring, which Iginla will provide. Calgary is in need of a lot more, and this deal doesn't provide them with much of what they need.

The first rounder is conditional on Iginla signing at the end of the season as well.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:30 AM   #258 (permalink)

So much for that deal!
Old 03-28-2013, 01:33 AM   #259 (permalink)

Quote:
I see it differently. Boston needs some scoring, which Iginla will provide. Calgary is in need of a lot more, and this deal doesn't provide them with much of what they need.

The first rounder is conditional on Iginla signing at the end of the season as well.
I see what your saying also. My Rags better make some moves that's all I care about lol
Old 03-28-2013, 01:34 AM   #260 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBKSNIPZ View Post
I see what your saying also. My Rags better make some moves that's all I care about lol
The new deal doesn't look terrific either, although the first rounder isn't conditional.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:40 AM   #261 (permalink)

Quote:
The new deal doesn't look terrific either, although the first rounder isn't conditional.
Holy mother of god, if the penguins just got inginla for a first round pick and some scrubs rights...I quit
Old 03-28-2013, 02:09 AM   #262 (permalink)

pens win cup.....
Oilers1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:12 AM   #263 (permalink)

Sorry B's fans lmaoo, you guys can still compete against anyone with the grit you guys have so you'll be fine.

Last edited by RBKSNIPZ; 03-28-2013 at 02:30 AM.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:01 AM   #264 (permalink)

I am not even the biggest Bruins fan, but I know Iginlia (spelled wrong I dont care) and this hasta be a giant kick in the balls.

He chose where to go too. So did Morrow, and neither chose Boston :/
Old 03-28-2013, 07:21 AM   #265 (permalink)

Haha.......BOOM!!!!
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:55 AM   #266 (permalink)

Well that was a surprise to see this AM, not sure what the Bruins are going to do at the trade deadline but we now know it won't be Iginla Pens are stocking up for the Cup run, Bruins did not want to let Subban go and that's not a bad thing considering Iginla would only be around for 2 months, I just hope B's get some defensive help!!
Old 03-28-2013, 07:59 AM   #267 (permalink)

Quote:
Well that was a surprise to see this AM, not sure what the Bruins are going to do at the trade deadline but we now know it won't be Iginla Pens are stocking up for the Cup run, Bruins did not want to let Subban go and that's not a bad thing considering Iginla would only be around for 2 months, I just hope B's get some defensive help!!
I about fell out of my chair when I turned on the NHL Network this morning. And the Pens got him for two jabronis and the 30th choice in this year's draft

As long as the Pens don't get overconfident (which has been a problem in the past), I don't think anyone can beat them.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:13 AM   #268 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippit View Post
I about fell out of my chair when I turned on the NHL Network this morning. And the Pens got him for two jabronis and the 30th choice in this year's draft

As long as the Pens don't get over onfident (which has been a problem in the past), I don't think anyone can beat them.
Just remember Goaltending typically wins in the playoffs, the Pens will be in many high scoring games, all it takes is a few soft goals to lose!

MAF has been playing well as of late, but I would still be concerened if he has a few 'bad' games especially in the playoffs, Pens are peaking right now and they have improved their lineup more so than everyone, but I'm not handing the cup to them, still have to play the games!!
Old 03-28-2013, 08:21 AM   #269 (permalink)

Don't be too mad Bruins fans. At least you guys picked up the best shootout artist in league history, Kaspars Daugavins.

Oh, right
Old 03-28-2013, 08:36 AM   #270 (permalink)

Would anyone else fall out of their chair laughing if Bruins pick up Jagr at the deadline and he scores the series winning goal??? I bet Lemieux would have a coronary on the spot...
"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isnít that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16

Shop Smart, Shop Rink-Mart
Rinkwraith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:06 AM   #271 (permalink)

Quote:
Just remember Goaltending typically wins in the playoffs, the Pens will be in many high scoring games, all it takes is a few soft goals to lose!

MAF has been playing well as of late, but I would still be concerened if he has a few 'bad' games especially in the playoffs, Pens are peaking right now and they have improved their lineup more so than everyone, but I'm not handing the cup to them, still have to play the games!!
I have more faith in MAF than most Pens fans - I don't think he's elite, but I think he's a better big-game goalie than he's given credit for. I still say he was fatigued last year in the playoffs, and he didn't get much help from the D. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for last year, but he has no excuses this year - it's Cup or bust. The way the team has been playing defense lately there may not be as many high scoring Pens games as you're used to seeing.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:07 AM   #272 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinkwraith View Post
Would anyone else fall out of their chair laughing if Bruins pick up Jagr at the deadline and he scores the series winning goal??? I bet Lemieux would have a coronary on the spot...
Lemieux would never let it get to that point - he'd be in the owner's box with a sniper rifle.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:20 AM   #273 (permalink)

The Bruins will still make some moves before the deadline. There are players many good still available that can be had for less.
rhcardinals3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:04 AM   #274 (permalink)

Question for the Broons fans:

Two players have now chosen the Pens over Boston. Do you think Jeremy Jacobs taking a hard-line stance during the lockout had anything to do with those decisions?
Old 03-28-2013, 11:37 AM   #275 (permalink)

Bruins looking to add a veteran Defenseman and have been talking to Edmonton about Ryan Whitney who would be a good fit on the Boston blueline (Boston born player)

Bruins may also be in the hunt along with the Rangers for SJ/ Dan Boyle, it's obvious the B's need some additional experience and leadership on their D as well as in the locker room.

Either player would be a welcome addition to the current core of defenseman, should be an interesting few day's to say the least!