Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2013, 05:22 PM   #276 (permalink)

Well it's now 4 games that the Bruins have fallen behind by 2 Goals which in most instances will end up with a (L) and that's what happened today.

Team has been playing with ZERO intensity which has become the norm for the past 6-8 games (excluding the 2nd period against Montreal)

Not much to take away from today's game other than a loss, the slide continues and this team needs to get it's hitting/grinding game back over the last 15 games, if not you will see a very quick exit from this years playoffs!

The Flyers did just enough to get a must win and keep their playoff hopes alive, they took full advantage of an uninspired Boston team.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:10 AM   #277 (permalink)

I guess the way this team has been playing (2) points on the road is a plus.

Still not much banging and grinding which is really what drives this team, and ultimately lead to the winning goal. Need to string a few (W) together and get some positive momentum going, glad to see Khudobin get a shutout!!
Old 04-01-2013, 10:10 AM   #278 (permalink)

Your boys looked really good on the PK yesterday (as always). Buffalo wasn't even getting shots, let alone good chances.

I agree, the Bruins look a little lazy the last few. Almost like the forwards are banking on the fact the D and goaltending are going to surrender so little, that they in turn don't have to bust a$$ on offense. Don't mean to talk trash, but that's what it has looked like to me after watching their two games vs Pittsburgh, and the Ottawa, Philly and Buffalo games.

And every game I've seen Khudobin play, he's looked very solid.
#1 Collection : Barrasso
#2 Collection : Ron Hextall
Other : Crosby, Wregget, Malkin
NEED RON HEXTALL SPGU LETTER MARKS!!!
ncm7772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:24 PM   #279 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncm7772 View Post
Your boys looked really good on the PK yesterday (as always). Buffalo wasn't even getting shots, let alone good chances.

I agree, the Bruins look a little lazy the last few. Almost like the forwards are banking on the fact the D and goaltending are going to surrender so little, that they in turn don't have to bust a$$ on offense. Don't mean to talk trash, but that's what it has looked like to me after watching their two games vs Pittsburgh, and the Ottawa, Philly and Buffalo games.

And every game I've seen Khudobin play, he's looked very solid.
Not talking trash but rather telling it like it is! It seems they feel they will get a decent playoff spot donig nothing more than 'going through the motions'

If these guy's think they can just turn it on once the playoffs start they will be in for a rude awakening, I only saw the 3rd period last night and that period was probably their most consistant in the last 6-7 games.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:43 PM   #280 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
Not talking trash but rather telling it like it is! It seems they feel they will get a decent playoff spot donig nothing more than 'going through the motions'

If these guy's think they can just turn it on once the playoffs start they will be in for a rude awakening, I only saw the 3rd period last night and that period was probably their most consistant in the last 6-7 games.
You're right, I don't see them finishing any worse than 4th. But as you know (I certainly do as a Pens fan), that damn 4th seed is tough. Boston can certainly win in the playoffs though, as no matter how they've looked offensively, their D and goaltending hasn't faltered. I expect them to pick it up soon, in ample time for the playoffs.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:32 PM   #281 (permalink)

And here comes Jagr.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:14 PM   #282 (permalink)

OK it's April 2nd so it cannot be an April Fools joke, and I now see where THIS Trade has been officially announced so the Bruins have picked up Jagr for the stretch run and playoffs!

I'm pretty excited to see how the Bruins integrate him into the lineup, would think he will be on a line with Krejci and Horton, with Lucic moving to play with Bergeron & Marchand.

Was surprised to see Jagr is still logging 18-12 Min. a game, and I'm sure a good portion will be on the PP!!
Old 04-02-2013, 10:42 PM   #283 (permalink)

Bruins had a little jump in their step tonight, good to see the physical play return as that's what makes this club go!! Nice W at home against a very hungry Ottawa. Pretty intense Goaltender battle with SOG 50 to 47.

Maybe the Jagr pickup had some influence on the teams play, as they realize management is willing to make this team better,

GO B'S GO

Last edited by TASS; 04-02-2013 at 10:44 PM.
TASS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:21 AM   #284 (permalink)

I say we move Khudobin to pick somebody up, since Niklas Svedberg is a worthy replacement.

http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g462/teosdesserts/
teosdesserts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:00 AM   #285 (permalink)

The B's organization have not updated Bergerons status this AM, left the game in the 2nd period after taking a forearm/elbow to the head, so looks like we may miss him for a bit, hopefully nothing to do with his past history.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:24 PM   #286 (permalink)

Bruins have added that big veteran defenseman they sought after by acquiring Wade Redden from the Blues for a 7th rd. pick in 2014!

This will be a decent addition to the B's blueline, and he's a prototypical Bruins type player great job by Chiarelli as you never have enough experienced depth at the blueline!
Old 04-03-2013, 05:54 PM   #287 (permalink)

Sounds good! Hopefully Bergeron will be back soon.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:59 PM   #288 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teosdesserts View Post
Sounds good! Hopefully Bergeron will be back soon.
Does not look good as a few recent reports have said he may have suffered another concussion not sure of the severity but any concussion with his histroy is not good.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:01 PM   #289 (permalink)

Not pretty but Jagr has got his 1st as a Bruin and #680 of his career!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

And the Garden starts the first Jagr, Jagr chant!! Welcome to Boston

You can give Tuukka the 2 points for this one as he single handledly earned these points, another weak defensive effort by the B's allowing 40 shots on goal!!

GO B'S GO

Last edited by TASS; 04-04-2013 at 10:28 PM.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:23 AM   #290 (permalink)

Quote:
Not pretty but Jagr has got his 1st as a Bruin and #680 of his career!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

And the Garden starts the first Jagr, Jagr chant!! Welcome to Boston

You can give Tuukka the 2 points for this one as he single handledly earned these points, another weak defensive effort by the B's allowing 40 shots on goal!!

GO B'S GO
Jagr's goal was not that impressive.... Although an accident, a goal's a goal

Old 04-06-2013, 06:25 PM   #291 (permalink)

Well it's about 2 hrs. till the puck drops on the game for the Northeast Division lead. The Bruins have been fortunate to have quality goaltending over the past few games, it's going to take the entire team this evening!

The B's must keep the SOG count down to a respectable number, and play their 'rock em sock em' style of hockey if they want to EARN the hugh (2) points in Montreal!!

Peverley will be needed to win faceoffs on the PK, as there will be no Bergeron for the forseeable future.

GO B'S GO!!!!

Last edited by TASS; 04-06-2013 at 06:28 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:14 PM   #292 (permalink)

Part of me hopes Bergeron never comes back. Hes by far my favorite player and I would prefer he doesnt become mentally retarded from the next concussion. They should implement a point system. Stage 1 concussion worth x amount of points Stage 2 worth xx amount of points and so on then have a cutoff point.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:53 PM   #293 (permalink)

Great call on Lucic
Old 04-06-2013, 10:06 PM   #294 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFan28 View Post
Great call on Lucic
The Montreal Special. You can count on at least one of those a game.
BostonBruinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:50 PM   #295 (permalink)

What the #@#@#@#@ was that PP with 45 sec. left, they passed the puck around never taking a #@#@#@#@ing shot!!
Old 04-06-2013, 10:57 PM   #296 (permalink)

Quote:
What the #@#@#@#@ was that PP with 45 sec. left, they passed the puck around never taking a #@#@#@#@ing shot!!
I was thinking the same thing.

Overall, great battle and typical close game.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:04 PM   #297 (permalink)

Quote:
That was Claude's system at its finest. Cams gonna chew him the f out after this one
Old 04-06-2013, 11:50 PM   #298 (permalink)

Quote:
I was flipping a #@#@#@#@, what was the plan?

Old 04-07-2013, 12:35 AM   #299 (permalink)

Funny how both of Montreal's goals were scored off Bruins players (Second one is debatable)
Old 04-09-2013, 09:16 AM   #300 (permalink)

Bruins win another ugly one over Carolina, get 6 Goals but still allow 42 SOG, another solid effort from Rask. Jagr is fitting into the lineup just fine he has been clicking with Marchand. Hope Bergeron is able to return prior to the playoffs, as he is suffering from a moderate concussion and will need medical clearance before his return.

If it were not for Tuukka AGAIN, this team would have been losing 2-0 instead of up 3-0 after one period. Carolina's defense and goaltending are just horrible!!

GO B'S GO