Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 10:48 PM   #301 (permalink)

Can't wait to see you in America, Soderberg! YETI SIGHTINGSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
BostonBruinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:17 AM   #302 (permalink)

It will be interesting to see how Soderberg acclimates to the smaller rink and increased physicality of the NHL. The guy has great hands and has proven to be a pure goal scorer, however it's the Swedish Elite League and is really hard to compare IMO!

I would think they will put him with the 3rd line along with Kelly and Seguin, but not sure what Chiarelli is planning on doing.

Either way it's adding must needed depth to the offense, and you have 10 games to work it out prior to the playoffs! Jagr has looked very comfortable playing along side Marchand, who is still in awe!!

Bruins have also signed Seth Griffith (London Knights) to a 3 yr. entry level contract, this kid is a terrific RW and was the leading scoring RW (33 G 48 A /81 Pts.) in the OHL this season!! Plenty of talent for this B's team in the minors.

Last edited by TASS; 04-10-2013 at 12:20 PM.
TASS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:43 PM   #303 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
It will be interesting to see how Soderberg acclimates to the smaller rink and increased physicality of the NHL. The guy has great hands and has proven to be a pure goal scorer, however it's the Swedish Elite League and is really hard to compare IMO!

I would think they will put him with the 3rd line along with Kelly and Seguin, but not sure what Chiarelli is planning on doing.

Either way it's adding must needed depth to the offense, and you have 10 games to work it out prior to the playoffs! Jagr has looked very comfortable playing along side Marchand, who is still in awe!!

Bruins have also signed Seth Griffith (London Knights) to a 3 yr. entry level contract, this kid is a terrific RW and was the leading scoring RW (33 G 48 A /81 Pts.) in the OHL this season!! Plenty of talent for this B's team in the minors.
Soderberg is a stud, I just hope he can get comfortable in the NHL. He is a kid guy at this point so he SHOULDN'T get pushed around.
BostonBruinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:10 AM   #304 (permalink)

Just got home from Fenway and I'm not even going to comment on the blown save by 'The Hammer' just #@#@#@#@ing awful!!

But was able to see the hit on Marchand from Volchenkov during the rain delay it was so #@#@#@#@ing dirty, and listening to interviews on the radio it does not sound good for Marchand and the forseeable future.

If it's a C... this would be a devastating hit to this club. Will have to wait and see I guess.

Bruins jump into the Division Lead with a (W) in NJ, hope we get players back for the playoffs.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:15 AM   #305 (permalink)

Quote:
But was able to see the hit on Marchand from Volchenkov during the rain delay it was so #@#@#@#@ing dirty, and listening to interviews on the radio it does not sound good for Marchand and the forseeable future.

If it's a C... this would be a devastating hit to this club. Will have to wait and see I guess.
I usually like when Marchand gets hit, but not in this way, cause that's a very dirty cheap shot. I hope he just had his bell rung and it's not too serious.

We can all agree a suspension is in order for Volchenkov, but with how Shanahan has handled two of the dirtiest (IMO) hits of the last few weeks (Nash's elbow to the back o' the head, and Del Zotto's elbow to Neal's face), you never how that clown is going to "handle" these things. All in all I hope Marchand is ok.
#1 Collection : Barrasso
#2 Collection : Ron Hextall
Other : Crosby, Wregget, Malkin
NEED RON HEXTALL SPGU LETTER MARKS!!!
ncm7772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:58 AM   #306 (permalink)

Bruins continue to play with NO emotion, and even though the bench is 'short' due to the injuries I will not use that as an excuse for the rest of this team.

They were playing against perhaps their 1st rd. opponent last night, and the Isles out played them for good stretches of this game and ulitmately earned the (2) points on the road, which will bode well for them leading up to the playoffs. Islanders played as a very confident team and controlled the neutral zone which has been an issue for the Bruins!

On the injury front it looks like Begeron will be returning in a week or so which is positive, but with his histroy of concussions every hit going forward will be a concern.

Marchand has been determined to have suffered a 'Mild' concussion which would probably have him returning for the playoffs which is additional positive news!

The B's are at their best when playing a 'bang and grind' style of hockey, something they have not been doing for the last month. Even though they have been winning games and still are in the 4th spot of the Conference, there is very little good happening with their current game. That being said one can only hope they wake the #@#@#@#@ up for the playoffs, or this will turn into a very short post season!

Lucic, Horton and Krejci need to step their game up NOW! It will be interesting to see how this team reacts over the next few weeks and if they will return to playing prototypical Bruins hockey as the playoffs get closer!

GO B'S GO
Old 04-12-2013, 11:03 AM   #307 (permalink)

Quote:

Marchand has been determined to have suffered a 'Mild' concussion which would probably have him returning for the playoffs which is additional positive news!
Keep in mind that Crosby was initially diagnosed with a "mild" concussion back in 2011. There really is no such thing as a mild concussion, the recovery just depends on the person.
rippit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:27 AM   #308 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippit View Post
Keep in mind that Crosby was initially diagnosed with a "mild" concussion back in 2011. There really is no such thing as a mild concussion, the recovery just depends on the person.
Exactly. I don't mean to be a debbie downer, but there's no such thing as a "mild" concussion. You either have one or you don't. There are certainly varying levels, but a concussion is a concussion. And as rippit said, everyone recovers differently.

Regardless of how serious it is, I hope he fully recovers.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:51 AM   #309 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncm7772 View Post
Exactly. I don't mean to be a debbie downer, but there's no such thing as a "mild" concussion. You either have one or you don't. There are certainly varying levels, but a concussion is a concussion. And as rippit said, everyone recovers differently.

Regardless of how serious it is, I hope he fully recovers.
Quote:
Reports on Bergeron are accurate and he was present at the game last night, and I realize both of you are referring to Marchand and based on initial status reports the diagnosis sounds like they are being very cautious with this information.

There is a reason why they have 'categories' for the severity of the concussion and they base that condition on evaluations over specific time intervals as well as symptoms the player is exhibiting over that time frame etc.

Where I feel optimistic over the catagory 'Mild' is because based on past history (specifically here with Boston's medical staff) shows the majority of players returning to normal activity within 2-3 wks., which in most instances is a very cautious approach to dealing with the symptoms and their after effects.

Obviously none of us are doctors, but one thing I can say about the Bruins medical staff is they typically report the 'worse case' scenerio, which I prefer as it prepares us the fans for the worse.

Make note I am just trying to convince myself that it's "Mild' in comparison with 'Moderate' or 'Severe' and Marchand will return sooner than later!

Last edited by TASS; 04-12-2013 at 01:37 PM.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:09 PM   #310 (permalink)

Good news on the injury front, Bergeron traveled and practiced with the team on Fri.!!
Old 04-14-2013, 12:43 PM   #311 (permalink)

B's played with a little more intensity for a few periods, but the absence of Bergeron & Marchand proved to be too much and they drop another road game.

The Soderberg experiment will start Wed. night and Bergeron looks close to returning, if the Bruins can get all the injured players back prior to the playoffs it will be a welcome sight!! This team needs to improve their defensive play in their own zone as they have given away too many pucks in their own end.

GO B'S GO
Old 04-15-2013, 10:31 AM   #312 (permalink)

Quote:
B's played with a little more intensity for a few periods, but the absence of Bergeron & Marchand proved to be too much and they drop another road game.

The Soderberg experiment will start Wed. night and Bergeron looks close to returning, if the Bruins can get all the injured players back prior to the playoffs it will be a welcome sight!! This team needs to improve their defensive play in their own zone as they have given away too many pucks in their own end.

GO B'S GO
Hopefully the Broons will have everyone healthy (plus Soderberg) and so will the Pens. If the two teams eventually meet that will be one epic Clash of the Titans.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:05 AM   #313 (permalink)

Looking forward to attending tonights game at the 'Garden' and seeing the NHL premiere for Carl Soderberg as well as the return of a healthy Patrice Bergeron!

Life goes on for us New Englander's and I am sure we will be represented "17,565 Strong" at tonights game, as any act of terrorism will not keep us away from doing what we love to do and that's supporting our teams!!

If attending tonights game arrive early as there will be extra security points set up, to check all handbag's and wand people etc.

GO B'S GO

Last edited by TASS; 04-17-2013 at 11:42 AM.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:27 PM   #314 (permalink)

Great tribute at the beginning of tonight's game, making big headlines up here. Way to go Boston, and the Bruins organization.

From Roberto Luongo, "For tonight, and tonight only, I am a Boston Bruins Fan"

Chills up the spine listening to that anthem for sure, Tass - I'm sure you were as loud as anyone!

Well done.
Oilers1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:44 PM   #315 (permalink)

My new favorite hockey shirt;

"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isnít that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16
Rinkwraith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:08 AM   #316 (permalink)

A very emotional TD Garden last night, I often wondered what it was like to be at Chicago Stadium the night shortly after 9-11 when they cheered throughout the national anthem, well I believe last night was similiar and a pretty intense moment!!

The 'We are Boston' chant's were #@#@#@#@ing unbelievable and just shows the resilience of New Englanders!! The tribute to the first responders brought the house down, and I can tell you not many dry eye's.

As far as the game just a little disappointed in the outcome, but nice to see Bergy and Marchand back together, as well as Jagr skating with Krejci this lineup looks the way it should for the upcoming playoff's.

B's get the point they needed to move into the 2nd position in the Conference and need to find some consistancy now going forward.

Both teams saluting the fans at center ice was a very classy move by the Sabers players and should be acknowledged.!!

GO BOSTON GO!!!

Jersey with the #8 and Martin Richard hung on the Bobby Orr statue, sad but very classy gesture by one of Boston's faithful.

Last edited by TASS; 04-18-2013 at 08:20 AM.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:30 AM   #317 (permalink)

Was great to see both teams salute the crowd at the end.

Battle of the East's top 2 teams Friday night. Damn NHL Network, will have to watch a stream of that one >:-/
Old 04-20-2013, 01:07 PM   #318 (permalink)

Good to see Soderberg on the ice....another great intro to the game.

These are awesome jersey patches, reminder they are auctioning these off after the game for the One Fund.
"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isnít that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16
Old 04-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #319 (permalink)

Boston strong.
Iginla turtle.

Wow, can't even believe I once respected the guy.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:38 PM   #320 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinkwraith View Post
Boston strong.
Iginla turtle.

Wow, can't even believe I once respected the guy.
Falling because you lose your balance isn't turtling. (EDIT) And he got right back up after he fell - it was Horton who ended up on the ice and stayed there.

Last edited by rippit; 04-20-2013 at 01:42 PM.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:59 PM   #321 (permalink)

Quote:
Falling because you lose your balance isn't turtling. (EDIT) And he got right back up after he fell - it was Horton who ended up on the ice and stayed there.
He had plenty of opportunity to gain his balance, he just decided to go down instead since he didn't even get one throw in.

I'm more disgusted with who he chose as his dance partner, couldn't even man up and go after Campbell if not McQuaid or Thornton. Guess going after a guy with known concussion issues fit him best.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:06 PM   #322 (permalink)

Quote:
He had plenty of opportunity to gain his balance, he just decided to go down instead since he didn't even get one throw in.

I'm more disgusted with who he chose as his dance partner, couldn't even man up and go after Campbell if not McQuaid or Thornton. Guess going after a guy with known concussion issues fit him best.
He's a top 6 forward and he danced with a top 6 forward. Why should he waste his time with a 4th liner or a #5/6 defenseman? That would be a win for the Broons if he goes off for 5 with one of them.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:24 PM   #323 (permalink)

Quote:
He's a top 6 forward and he danced with a top 6 forward. Why should he waste his time with a 4th liner or a #5/6 defenseman? That would be a win for the Broons if he goes off for 5 with one of them.
Hmmmm, I think Campbell actually has more goals since the trade deadline than Iginla so that might be a Pens win afterall.

Anyway, I've always been more of a "keep to the code" type. If you want to fight, the other teams fighters are well known. Picking on something else is more Chris Neil type mentality.
Old 04-20-2013, 02:28 PM   #324 (permalink)

Quote:
Hmmmm, I think Campbell actually has more goals since the trade deadline than Iginla so that might be a Pens win afterall.
Touche.

Quote:
Anyway, I've always been more of a "keep to the code" type. If you want to fight, the other teams fighters are well known. Picking on something else is more Chris Neil type mentality.
Code says you fight within your "weight class." I'd put Horton and Iginla in the same weight class. Concussion issues or not, Horton is no shrinking violet. It's not like Iginla went after Seguin or Krecji. Could it be just a little bit of bitterness towards Iginla from a Broons fan? LOL

All meant in good fun.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:13 PM   #325 (permalink)

This was one the most disappointing loss of the season, the City of Boston has just gone through extrermely trying times and the B's gave an effort that was less than acceptable!

If they continue to take foolish penalties like they did today, it will be a very short run in this years playoffs, don't quite know what this team needs for motivation more than what they had today going into this game!!

4 losses in a row at this time of the season, does not bode well!

Last edited by TASS; 04-20-2013 at 03:17 PM.