Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2013, 03:21 PM   #326 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
This was one the most disappointing loss of the season, the City of Boston has just gone through extrermely trying times and the B's gave an effort that was less than acceptable!

If they continue to take foolish penalties like they did today, it will be a very short run in this years playoffs, don't quite know what this team needs for motivation more than what they had today going into this game!!

4 losses in a row at this time of the season, does not bode well!
Seriously, I wish the Pens had played anybody else today with everything that's gone on up there. The city really did need a win.
rippit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 03:44 PM   #327 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippit View Post
Touche.

Code says you fight within your "weight class." I'd put Horton and Iginla in the same weight class. Concussion issues or not, Horton is no shrinking violet. It's not like Iginla went after Seguin or Krecji. Could it be just a little bit of bitterness towards Iginla from a Broons fan? LOL

All meant in good fun.
It's all good. Actually I have more resentment towards Iginla for what he did to Calgary on the way out (could care less that they got a worse deal out of it) than opting to not go to Boston.

Watching most of the game I actually saw quite a bit that both teams need to fix quickly before the second season starts. Both teams need to atone for last year.
"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isnít that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16

Shop Smart, Shop Rink-Mart
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:11 PM   #328 (permalink)

Not an outstanding effort by either team. Still give your boys the edge, Vokoun saved us.
#1 Collection : Barrasso
#2 Collection : Ron Hextall
Other : Crosby, Wregget, Malkin
NEED RON HEXTALL SPGU LETTER MARKS!!!
ncm7772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:19 PM   #329 (permalink)

Really like the fact that Julien has put Rask back in goal after he made the comment that 'he felt he had lost the game against Pit.'

Where I agree it was not his best game, I don't agree he was the reason and love that he asked to play today!

Jagr get's his 1st as a Bruin, and the offense looks a little more 'cohesive' then yesterday.

If you have been watching the B's, you would have to agree with Juliens statement that 'we have to stop making goalies look good' They are getting their presence back in front of the net, and that lead to the Dougie Hamilton goal.

Bruins win 3-0, and what a fitting tribute to all the law enforcement members who were directly involved in all of the events following the Marathon Bombing with the Bruins traditional 'Shirt off their Backs' ceremony awarding their jerseys to these worthy officers!!

Last edited by TASS; 04-21-2013 at 03:34 PM.
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:33 PM   #330 (permalink)

Wow...very emotional moving ceremony at the end...very well done by Bruins management.
"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isnít that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16

Shop Smart, Shop Rink-Mart
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:42 PM   #331 (permalink)

I thought I would never utter these words but what a 'classy' gesture by the Flyers organization in helping to spread the good will of 'Boston Strong' showing their solidarity with a pre-game tribute to the Police, Fire & EMS personnel and for helping the City of Boston heal in the aftermath of the bombing.

Job well done and much appreciated by this Boston Fan, Thank You Philadelphia and the Fans of the Flyers for such a memorable and classy moment!!
Old 04-23-2013, 10:11 PM   #332 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
I thought I would never utter these words but what a 'classy' gesture by the Flyers organization in helping to spread the good will of 'Boston Strong' showing their solidarity with a pre-game tribute to the Police, Fire & EMS personnel and for helping the City of Boston heal in the aftermath of the bombing.

Job well done and much appreciated by this Boston Fan, Thank You Philadelphia and the Fans of the Flyers for such a memorable and classy moment!!
It was. When push comes to shove, their fans and organization can be classy. Makes me think of the standing O they gave Lemieux when he returned from cancer.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:22 PM   #333 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncm7772 View Post
It was. When push comes to shove, their fans and organization can be classy. Makes me think of the standing O they gave Lemieux when he returned from cancer.
They could have been classier if they had let the B's win! LOL Looks like all the Conference leaders took it on the chin tonight.

Bruins need to get some team chemistry going over the next 4 games, and get ramped up for the playoffs.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:11 PM   #334 (permalink)

Nice SO for Tuukka who looks playoff ready, with the final game being the makeup with Ottawa the B's could pretty much assure their 1st Rd. opponent.

Would prefer facing them then the Rangers who are playing good hockey right now with solid play from Lundqvist.

GO B'S GO!!
Old 04-26-2013, 12:37 AM   #335 (permalink)

Going to the game Saturday, should be nice!

http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g462/teosdesserts/
teosdesserts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:54 AM   #336 (permalink)

Well here is the playoff picture after the B's blow another 3rd period lead, this time in OT after taking (3) #@#@#@#@ing penalties in a row!!! Have to stay out of the penalty box in the playoffs!

Would like to win the division, but I would prefer playing Toronto than the Isles in the 1st round, either way let's just finish the season.

SCENARIOS

If Boston wins in regulation:

Series 'A' - #1 Pittsburgh vs. #8 Ottawa

Series 'B' - #2 Boston vs. #7 NY Islanders

Series 'C' - #3 Washington vs. #6 NY Rangers

Series 'D' - #4 Montreal vs. #5 Toronto

If Boston wins in overtime or shootout:

Series 'A' - #1 Pittsburgh vs. #8 NY Islanders

Series 'B' - #2 Boston vs. #7 Ottawa

Series 'D' - #4 Montreal vs. #5 Toronto

If Ottawa wins in any fashion:

Series 'A' - #1 Pittsburgh vs. #8 NY Islanders

Series 'B' - #2 Montreal vs. #7 Ottawa

Series 'D' - #4 Boston vs. #5 Toronto
Old 04-28-2013, 08:07 PM   #337 (permalink)

Mixed feelings after the 1st period, would rather face Toronto in the 1st rd. of playoffs but want the Bruins to win the division, not a bad period but way too many missed opportunties around the net, which has lead to a 1-0 Ottawa lead.

Nice to see Lucic pound Neal in a heavyweight match and spark the B's up on the bench! Need to stay out of the penalty box!!!
Old 04-28-2013, 08:08 PM   #338 (permalink)

C'mon Boston, give us the matchup everybody wants to see .
Old 04-28-2013, 09:47 PM   #339 (permalink)

The Bruins 'limp' into the playoffs!! Hat's off to the Senators

Now the real seasom begins, let's see who is ready and who is not, I'm not sure about this team rigth at this point in time, but I like the fact we have Toronto in the 1sr Rd., but will only have home ice advantage in this initial round.

Good luck to everyone, this should be a very interesting second season!
Old 04-29-2013, 06:51 AM   #340 (permalink)

I hope the Bruins stomp the Leafs in 4 straight games and send them straight home....where they belong.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:06 AM   #341 (permalink)

I'm so pumped for tonights game! I'm thinking every one is sleeping on the Leafs. Not to take anything away from Boston, there a great team but the Leafs shouldn't be taken lightly. I'm banking on Kessel having a break out game...
CoryM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:29 PM   #342 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryM View Post
I'm so pumped for tonights game! I'm thinking every one is sleeping on the Leafs. Not to take anything away from Boston, there a great team but the Leafs shouldn't be taken lightly. I'm banking on Kessel having a break out game...
If Kessel does it would be his 1st LOL, it's put up or shut time for the 2013 Boston Bruins!

They limped into the playoffs with little or no offense, which is a major concern in these parts. I don't see the B's taking the Leafs lightly what you are seeing is the media making it seem like a foregone conclusion that the Bruins will prevail. I for one could give two shits what the press has to say and I'm pretty confident in saying the same holds true for the players in the B's locker room!

Should be a fun and exciting series, IF the Bruins play the way they are capable of, and get solid contributions from ALL (4) lines than I like our chances. Will be interesting to see how Reimer plays in his 1st playoff game, as the Garden will be rocking!!

GO B'S GO
Old 05-01-2013, 08:51 PM   #343 (permalink)

Chuckles, B's certainly erased that early deficit.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:54 PM   #344 (permalink)

Tyler is the greatest player since the Great One.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:10 PM   #345 (permalink)

Smack down
Old 05-01-2013, 09:48 PM   #346 (permalink)

That was the best 60 Min. the Bruins have played in quite some time, and it could not have come at a better time!

The B's were flying tonight and outside of the Bergeron penalty early, they stayed out of the box.

Very impressed with the play of Horton tonight who was driving to the net. Overall the neutral zone play along with moving the puck out of their zone was exceptional!

Nice to get the 1st one out of the way and dominate the way they did.

Not sure if Kadri played tonight as I cannot recall hearing his name at all, and if it were not for the Garden faithfull I would say the same about 'No Show' Kessel.

Game over and Kelly is in the midst of giving a beat down to Komarov, you would think the Leafs had taken enough of a beating the first 60 Min.

GO B'S GO
Old 05-01-2013, 10:00 PM   #347 (permalink)

Nice win tonight

Orr spent 16 minutes in the penalty box and only 8 on the ice
Old 05-02-2013, 06:26 PM   #348 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFan28 View Post
Nice win tonight

Orr spent 16 minutes in the penalty box and only 8 on the ice
It's too bad Orr will most likely be a healthy scratch Sat. night, I find him to be a great allie for the B's!
Old 05-02-2013, 06:56 PM   #349 (permalink)

Ference has been suspended for Sat. night as a result of his hit on Grabovski, looks like Dougie Hamilton will make his playoff preview!
Old 05-04-2013, 04:42 PM   #350 (permalink)

Looks like PC is going with Peverley tonight alongside Jagr & Kelly , and indeed Dougie makes his playoff debut tonight, I'm sure that kid is a wreck right now!

Bruins need to stay out of the penalty box tonight, and I expect the game will be won 'down low' with screens and rebounds having a hugh impact on the outcome of this one!

Shoot high on Reimer, this is a must especially for Seguin and Bergeron who can pick those corners!