Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2013, 10:53 PM   #376 (permalink)

Marchand with the game winner Upset I couldn't watch the game since it was on NBC Sports, hate they didn't have it on NESN. Glad the Bruins got the W though
Old 05-16-2013, 10:55 PM   #377 (permalink)

Bruins just dominated that OT and if not for the post's this game would have been over much earlier, beautiful goal by Marchand from a perfect feed from Bergy!! Bruins go one up getting the important Game 1 (W) at home!!

It looks like the kids from Providence have fit right in, nice to see Torey Krug get his 1st!

Nice way to start this series with a HUGH OT Win!!

The Bruins were playing it to win it!

GO B'S GO!!!!

Last edited by TASS; 05-16-2013 at 11:03 PM.
TASS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:26 AM   #378 (permalink)

Do u Bruins fans notice people jumping on the bandwagon already? Around here, I'm already starting to see a ton of Bruins gear being worn that I never see (I see someone w/ a B's hat or shirt maybe twice a week, now I'm seeing multiple every day since they won Game 7), "fans" posting on FB that have never once posted anything about hockey, etc.
#1 Collection : Barrasso
#2 Collection : Ron Hextall
Other : Crosby, Wregget, Malkin
NEED RON HEXTALL SPGU LETTER MARKS!!!
ncm7772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:09 AM   #379 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncm7772 View Post
Do u Bruins fans notice people jumping on the bandwagon already? Around here, I'm already starting to see a ton of Bruins gear being worn that I never see (I see someone w/ a B's hat or shirt maybe twice a week, now I'm seeing multiple every day since they won Game 7), "fans" posting on FB that have never once posted anything about hockey, etc.
I don't see it but then again I'm typically around and at places where I know who the fans are, I'm pretty sure you go into the burbs of Pitt. you will see the same #@#@#@#@ happening or has hapened ,

I have to disagree especially here local, not sure what you are referring too, (don't look at FB) but of all the major sports Hockey is the one sport that has fewer 'bandwagon' fans then any other major sport. Your showing your age when you let social media skew your opinion aka, 'You see more stuff on FB' LOL

I find it funny you pick out the Bruins who are an original (6) team and at one point yeas ago, where only surpassed locally aSs far as popularity by the Celtics! Come to the TD Garden and show me the bandwagon fans are down in the Loge or up in the balcony.

Pittsburgh has developed a fan base after Lemieux became a household name their you now have your second wave of Bandw.....I mean fans developed after Crosby showed up, you just need to look just a little harder around you, Bruins fans have existed and remained far longer then Pens fans!

And the Bruins related products (Logo etc.) has always been one of the top selling brands in all of Hockey, hell do you think these rappers wearing hockey jerseys are bandwagon fans in disguise!

By the way the Bruins won the Cup just a few years ago, typically a fan base will get younger fans etc. after a Championship happens everywhere even in Pittsburgh.

If you see Bruins fans in Upstate NY that's a testiment that we are everywhere!! Trust me I don't see Penguins jerseys around Boston or for that matter when I travel in NY state, but yes I have seen B's jersey's we are everywhere!!!!!!!!

Last edited by TASS; 05-17-2013 at 11:40 AM.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:51 AM   #380 (permalink)

You're taking WAY too much disrespect from my post. I meant absolutely ZERO disrespect. I'm just mentioning I've noticed it in Upstate NY. You seem (to me at least) to think I'm taking a knock at Bruins fans, which I absolutely am not. Not sure why you'd bring up
Pittsburgh bandwagon fans, that was never mentioned in my post.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:20 AM   #381 (permalink)

Quote:
Happens quite a bit in Boston which is mainly media-driven. As soon as a team in the other sports (Celts/Pats/Sox) finishes their season/isn't in first place/loses in playoffs, the local media immediately switch their full coverage to the team that is. Then you get a lot of people who usually never talk hockey at the water cooler suddenly talking hockey as it has taken over the media.

Regarding gear, everyone here has a piece of Bruins gear in the closet. Boston remembered it's a hockey town a couple years ago and the black and yellow looks best on everyone.
"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isnít that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16

Shop Smart, Shop Rink-Mart
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:24 AM   #382 (permalink)

Quote:
You're taking WAY too much disrespect from my post. I meant absolutely ZERO disrespect. I'm just mentioning I've noticed it in Upstate NY. You seem (to me at least) to think I'm taking a knock at Bruins fans, which I absolutely am not. Not sure why you'd bring up
Pittsburgh bandwagon fans, that was never mentioned in my post.
It's just ironic you continue to mention seeing MORE Bruins 'swag' when it's existed everywhere for some time now, and tying that into 'bandwagon fans!! if I understand your post.

If I were to mention I'm seeing way more LA Kings hats, jerseys etc., I would tend to believe it's because they just won the Cup and I would expect more follks to be wearing it, I guess I just don't see your direct correlation to bandwagon fans, as you nor I actually know if they are a fan's or not!

It's not from a disrespect aspect that I'm responding (well maybe I was a little, and I apoligize for that but we had a big win last night! LOL) but more from the tying in of seeing the Bruins hat's, jersey's etc. to being 'bandwagon jumpers' that's all!!

Last edited by TASS; 05-17-2013 at 11:41 AM.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:28 AM   #383 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinkwraith View Post
Happens quite a bit in Boston which is mainly media-driven. As soon as a team in the other sports (Celts/Pats/Sox) finishes their season/isn't in first place/loses in playoffs, the local media immediately switch their full coverage to the team that is. Then you get a lot of people who usually never talk hockey at the water cooler suddenly talking hockey as it has taken over the media.

Regarding gear, everyone here has a piece of Bruins gear in the closet. Boston remembered it's a hockey town a couple years ago and the black and gold looks best on everyone.

Well put and I made a minor alteration to your post if you don't mind. And yes many people 'dusted off' the ole' Orr, Cheevers and Bucyk jersey's over the last few years !!
Old 05-17-2013, 10:54 AM   #384 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
It's just ironic you continue to mention seeing MORE Bruins 'swag' when it's existed everywhere for some time now, and tying that into 'bandwagon fans!! if I understand your post.

If I were to mention I'm seeing way more LA Kings hats, jerseys etc., I would tend to believe it's because they just won the Cup and I would expect more follks to be wearing it, I guess I just don't see your direct correlation to bandwagon fans, as you nor I actually know if they are a fan's or not!

It's not from a disrespect aspect that I'm responding (well maybe I was a little, and I apoligize for that but we had a big win last night! LOL) but more from the tying in of seeing the Bruins hat's, jersey's etc. to being 'bandwagon jumpers' that's all!!
How you're getting disrespect from a 3 sentence statement of an observation I made about seeing Bruins gWear when I rarely see it, I don't know. Then you top it off by bashing Pens fans. I won't share my opinions and observations anymore, my intent wasn't to pi$$ anyone off, which apparently I've done.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:39 AM   #385 (permalink)

Quote:
How you're getting disrespect from a 3 sentence statement of an observation I made about seeing Bruins gWear when I rarely see it, I don't know. Then you top it off by bashing Pens fans. I won't share my opinions and observations anymore, my intent wasn't to pi$$ anyone off, which apparently I've done.
Your not reading what I'm writing, I never mentioned disrespect 'You did', all I pointed out was how do you correlate seeing increased Bruins gear with 'bandwagon fans' that's all I'm saying!

And where did I bash Pens fans, please show in my response where I did that, you have your opinion and I respect that, I just question how wearing Bruins gear makes that individuial a bandwagon fan?

And I''m not pissed off at you I just responded to your initial question, please read what I wrote before you respond, it's all good no problems on my end.

Trust me I may be 'defensive' but I'm surely not pissed I think you and I may have read into this WAY too much, your opinions are always welcome in this thread, untill and if our teams play for the Conf., then the gloves are off!!

Last edited by TASS; 05-17-2013 at 12:36 PM.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:54 PM   #386 (permalink)

You should see how it is with 'Caps fans' around here. As soon as they make the playoffs there is red everywhere, most people I talk to can't even name more than 3 players. (Most still say Semin, it's actually pretty sad)

http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g462/teosdesserts/
teosdesserts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:29 PM   #387 (permalink)

Crazy goal by Krug......

Will be buying Hamilton and Krug RCs this year...........
"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isnít that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16

Old 05-19-2013, 06:29 PM   #388 (permalink)

Solid home win for the B's as they got this one rather easily, outside of a spurt for 6-8 min. in the second the Bruins controlled the play again.

What surprises me is how 'loose' the Rangers are playing in the neutral zone which lead to numerous breakouts for the Bruins, with little or no resistance!

It's time to take (1) game in NY, and try to end this series earlier than the Toronto, The Rangers are a more favorable matchup for the B's than Toronto, and it's showed since the OT Wed. night.

Not sure what Claude will do once the injured defenseman return, I can guarantee Krug is going nowhere!! These kids have been so poised and this team has not missed a beat

Nice to see Campbell awarded the Army Ranger jersey by the team, really liked his moxy fighting Brassard!!

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!
Old 05-20-2013, 03:28 PM   #389 (permalink)

Reports from today's practice have stated that both Seidenberg and Redden look like they will be available for Game 3 at MSG.

Even though the kids have played well it's tough to replace Seidenberg so he's a guarantee to be in the lineup tomorrow night, as far as Redden I hope they keep Bartkowski along with Krug, and sit Dougie and Redden.

The return of Seidenberg will spell a little relief for Chara and his 25+ min. per game, even though Krug has played very good, he's only playing around 12-15 min. per game which has placed a burden on Chara shoulders. It's a damn good problem when you have too many qualified 'D' on your bench.

Last edited by TASS; 05-20-2013 at 03:31 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:21 PM   #390 (permalink)

Hate watching these referee-controlled games.....missed high stick on Chara for god's sake and Nash is running interference every other shift on the ice.....just so blatant.

Old 05-21-2013, 09:24 PM   #391 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinkwraith View Post
Hate watching these referee-controlled games.....missed high stick on Chara for god's sake and Nash is running interference every other shift on the ice.....just so blatant.
yeah typical ,lol

maybe they think it is NY's only chance to win lol
gingerscards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:05 PM   #392 (permalink)

Didnt know a pick could have so much backspin
Old 05-21-2013, 10:13 PM   #393 (permalink)

Bruins on a roll, that was a lesson for the Rangers on how to play hockey. Total domination again tonight.
ZappBrannigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:14 PM   #394 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZappBrannigan View Post
Bruins on a roll, that was a lesson for the Rangers on how to play hockey. Total domination again tonight.
I think Torts lost the locker room. If its a sweep hes gone.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:26 PM   #395 (permalink)

Well for the 3rd straight game, the better team won as the Bruins dominated once again and got the (W) on the road, and I never like to bring the officials into the game but the B's had two opponents tonight!

Hopefully the Bruins finish them off Thur. night as this team could use a break, and nice to see Paille and the 4th line bang in the game winner.

Was it me or did it seem like the Rangers have already packed it in, 2 #@#@#@#@ing shots on goal in the 2nd period of a home game, the Game 1 of the series according to some Rangers Fans, well I guess the series has officially started!

Yippe Paille Mother F**ker!

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!

Last edited by TASS; 05-22-2013 at 08:04 AM.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:31 PM   #396 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newton615 View Post
I think Torts lost the locker room. If its a sweep hes gone.
Yea they laid down on him for sure, if the Rangers did not have Lundqvist in net tonight it would have been a blow out!
Old 05-22-2013, 10:19 AM   #397 (permalink)

Anyone seen a clip of Lucic destroying Stralman yet? Heard it was better than this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuFcz79VZNw
ZappBrannigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:47 AM   #398 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZappBrannigan View Post
Anyone seen a clip of Lucic destroying Stralman yet? Heard it was better than this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuFcz79VZNw
Here is the hit on Stralman, Lucic hit him as he was slightly 'crouched' and caught his head on the dasher, surprised he never went down, but he was 'rocked'!

Anton Stralman Injury Video - NHL VideoCenter
Old 05-22-2013, 12:23 PM   #399 (permalink)

Old 05-22-2013, 12:24 PM   #400 (permalink)

Motley Krug Goals Goals Goals t-shirts

Sully's keeps the good tees coming.....