Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/17/14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2013, 01:10 AM   #451 (permalink)

Ugh................

http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g462/teosdesserts/
teosdesserts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:47 PM   #452 (permalink)

Bruins got a lot of great chances in the OTs they just couldn't find the back of the net
3/4 Hawks Goals Tuukka couldn't do much about them. The Krug TO, the Ference Goal, and the double redirect. Great game none the less and should be a great series
Old 06-14-2013, 10:09 AM   #453 (permalink)

Tough 3 OT loss!! The B's had their chances but as was the case early in this season they could not bury them, all of New England was working on 4-5 Hrs. sleep yesterday so I think the full extent of the loss was still setting in.

I still like our chances as this game (2) is going to have a different temperament then game (1), and I feel Julian will make the necessary changes to get the W on the road, Horton is day to day and will be a game time decision based on reports this AM, his presence is going to be missed if indeed he cannot dress.

BOSTON STRONG!

GO B'S GO!!!!
Old 06-14-2013, 10:42 AM   #454 (permalink)

The Bruins really need Horton to play. Seguin is alright on that line, but the chemistry that Krejci, Lucic and Horton have going on right now is incredible. Best line in hockey at the moment.
rhcardinals3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:21 PM   #455 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhcardinals3 View Post
The Bruins really need Horton to play. Seguin is alright on that line, but the chemistry that Krejci, Lucic and Horton have going on right now is incredible. Best line in hockey at the moment.
This is SO TRUE, the loss of Campbell on the PK as well as his tenacious back-checking was a blow to this club, but with the aforementioned 'chemistry' of this line there is NO Bruins Fan who is not fixating on the potential impact playing without Horton will have on the Bruins and that line going forward!

That being said, there is no time like NOW for Tyler Seguin to step up his game and produce to the level that was predicted when he was Drafted #2 overall in 2010. I have faith that with the amount of opportunities this kid has been getting he will eventually find the back of the net, and tomorrow night would be a good time to start.

Update on Horton makes it sound like his playing Game (2) will not be happening!

Well they just had film of Horton at practice today and he was stick handling and shooting the puck, which appears to be positive but just cannot see him getting 'popped' on that shoulder in game action. He does have another 24 Hr. of 'healing'

Last edited by TASS; 06-14-2013 at 05:22 PM.
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 12:50 AM   #456 (permalink)

Yippe YaY Paille !!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice to get rewarded in one of the OT Games, bring it on home to Beantown.

Slow start to this one but from the 2nd period on the B's were pretty dominate!

I really like the way this team played in the OT and Tuukka was ..............well TUUUUUUUUUUUUUKKKKAAAAAA!!!

[B]BOSTON STRONG!
GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/B

Last edited by TASS; 06-16-2013 at 01:23 PM.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:29 PM   #457 (permalink)

Series even
Bruins should have one game 1 and Hawks should have won game 2
Hawks could have been 3-0 after the first period. Great games thus far by
2 great teams with great fans.
BOOMER7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:03 PM   #458 (permalink)

I will give last nights win to Tuukka, but will never under estimate the coaching of Claude Julian!

Putting together the line of Paille, Seguin & Kelly is just another example of how well he knows his players and overall team chemistry. Great to see Horton in the lineup and ultimately keeping that line intact, but you can see where Horton is ailing and is one solid hit from playing his last game in this series.

Looking forward to Monday night and a racaous TD Garden crowd to whip this team into a frenzy!!

Happy Fathers Day to all the dads out there, and hope you get a box or two to break, my Fathers Day box was epic!! (look at Baseball box breaks for my results)

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by TASS; 06-16-2013 at 01:30 PM.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:37 PM   #459 (permalink)

Default Bruins

The Bruins got lucky last night bigtime. The Hawks are faster, better at playing hockey all around.. passing , shooting and pretty much everything, The Bruins win games by slamming the other team in the boards and they put all their effort into bigtime hits. So I will give them that, it is hockey and its a big part of the sport. The hawks are great on rebound shot on goal and they should have had 3-4 goals in period one and the game would even went close to overtime. The next game will be different, the Hawks will punch in a bunch of goals and stir up little Rasky poo and the series will go to Chi-town. Nice effort boston, maybe next year but prolly not
cardboardkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:06 PM   #460 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboardkilla View Post
The Bruins got lucky last night bigtime. The Hawks are faster, better at playing hockey all around.. passing , shooting and pretty much everything, The Bruins win games by slamming the other team in the boards and they put all their effort into bigtime hits. So I will give them that, it is hockey and its a big part of the sport. The hawks are great on rebound shot on goal and they should have had 3-4 goals in period one and the game would even went close to overtime. The next game will be different, the Hawks will punch in a bunch of goals and stir up little Rasky poo and the series will go to Chi-town. Nice effort boston, maybe next year but prolly not

And Chicago got lucky bigtime in game 1. They were completely outplayed and won the game. That's how it works sometimes. The Bruins completely outplayed the Blackhawks (yet again) in the later stages of game 2 to get the win.

The Blackhawks haven't been good on the road this playoff season, and if Boston can send this thing back to Chicago up 3-1, things are going to be real interesting.

"Rasky-poo" has been downright dominant. Sorry, not seeing the Hawks putting in a bunch of goals to win. How did that work out for Pittsburgh's offense? Ask your boy Sidney Crosby how good Rask is...

uStream link - http://www.ustream.tv/channel/dlab85-case-breaks
dlab85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:05 PM   #461 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboardkilla View Post
The Bruins only win games by big time hits?
The Bruins got lucky?!
Game one the Bruins should have won. First Krug's TO that led to a goal, Oduya's goal off Ference's skates, if neither of those "lucky" plays happened the Bruins would be up 2-0. Also the Bruins had so many great chances in the OTs but couldn't find the back of the net, but that's how hockey goes.

Chicago didn't get lucky with a double deflection to win it in the 3rd OT in game one right?
Old 06-17-2013, 07:42 PM   #462 (permalink)

Well Game (3) is here and it will be great to see the B's back home at the Garden!!

Bruins need to get a better start than last game, and I feel the home crowd will get them rolling early. An important game for both teams, but if the Bruins are to win this series they will have to continue their win streak at home, could this be the night that Seguin finally get's on the board?

Look for the Bergeron line to make an impact tonight, especially when Julian can get them matched up with the Hawks 3rd or 4th line.

BOSTON STRONG!

GO B'S GO!!!
Old 06-17-2013, 08:11 PM   #463 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
Well Game (3) is here and it will be great to see the B's back home at the Garden!!

Bruins need to get a better start than last game, and I feel the home crowd will get them rolling early. An important game for both teams, but if the Bruins are to win this series they will have to continue their win streak at home, could this be the night that Seguin finally get's on the board?

Look for the Bergeron line to make an impact tonight, especially when Julian can get them matched up with the Hawks 3rd or 4th line.

BOSTON STRONG!

GO B'S GO!!!
Seguin had a great pass to Paille for the game winner Hopefully he can net himself a goal, but he is playing hard and playing well and that's all we can ask for as fans
Old 06-17-2013, 11:03 PM   #464 (permalink)

Great win tonight, and nice to get a PP Goal. Tuukka was solid once again and has quieted all the critics with his stellar play.

Seguin is still 'snake bit' but has really stepped it up, and contributed a hugh assist, another win closer to the Cup!!

BOSTON STRONG!

GO B'S GO!!!!!
Old 06-22-2013, 05:05 PM   #465 (permalink)

Looking forward to tonight's Game (5), I don't think you will see the same offensive output that occurred Wed. night as both teams will tighten up the 'D'!

As always the Game (5) winner will have the advantage going forward in this now best of 3 Stanley Cup Final. Will this be the night where Tyler Seguin finally shows up on the score sheet, and will the B's return to the 'grind and bang' hockey that has gotten them to this point, I like their chances if indeed they work the corners and storm the net!

BOSTON STRONG!

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!
Old 06-23-2013, 11:03 AM   #466 (permalink)

Last night was a tough loss on all ends for the Bruins, not only are they down in the series but based on initial reports it looks like Bergeron has suffered an injury to his spleen.

The B's have been here before and know what it takes to keep their season alive, it's back to Boston and hopefully they will get the offense going early and get that needed (W) to bring on a winner take all Game 7!

This series has been so even that all it takes is a bounce here or there for either team will make the difference between a win and a loss. The Bruins are not ready to end their season just yet, I look for a nice rebound win Monday night!

BOSTON STRONG!

GO B'S GO!!!!!
Old 06-24-2013, 05:14 PM   #467 (permalink)

Well good news for both teams as it appears that both Toews and Bergeron will be in their respective lineups for tonight's Game (6)!

It is 'steamy' in Boston today and that unfortunately will have an effect on the ice for tonight's game, I only hope it does not lead to a game deciding 'bad bounce' Goal which could ultimately lead to a Chicago Stanley Cup.

When I started this Bruins thread I would be lying if I said I expected they would be a couple wins shy of the cup, win or lose tonight I'll still be proud of the spoked 'B' and what they accomplished this season.

I'll continue to beat the dead horse, and say that I think tonight will be a big game for Tyler Seguin and maybe just maybe he will be the reason why this series goes back to Chicago!

BOSTON STRONG!

GO B'S GO!!!!!
Old 06-24-2013, 11:16 PM   #468 (permalink)

Well the 2013 season comes to an end for the city of Boston and our beloved Bruins, not much left to say other then 'Congrats to the Blackhawks'

I am still proud of this Bruins team and the great season they had no #@#@#@#@ing reason to hang their heads as they put it all out there, just could not close this game out.

Looking forward to 2014 and a another run at Lord Stanley's Cup, it's been a tough year here in Boston, and I thank all the players for giving the city the lift it needed, got a love the" Let's Go Bruins" chant from the Garden faithful, we lost but we remain 'BOSTON STRONG'!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-24-2013, 11:33 PM   #469 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
Well the 2013 season comes to an end for the city of Boston and our beloved Bruins, not much left to say other then 'Congrats to the Blackhawks'

I am still proud of this Bruins team and the great season they had no #@#@#@#@ing reason to hang their heads as they put it all out there, just could not close this game out.

Looking forward to 2014 and a another run at Lord Stanley's Cup, it's been a tough year here in Boston, and I thank all the players for giving the city the lift it needed, got a love the" Let's Go Bruins" chant from the Garden faithful, we lost but we remain 'BOSTON STRONG'!!!!!!!!!!!
well said , but that was another tough loss . damn it !! they should have held onto it.
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:16 AM   #470 (permalink)

HAWKS fan here

GREAT series!
but all respect/props to BRUINS great fun and well played original 6 type games!!
Hawks were expected to be here after the regular season they had but the BRUINS were not
tough talented team and knocking off the penguins was awesome
BOOMER7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:24 AM   #471 (permalink)

the bruins could have swept . the first two games they lost could have gone either way .....
Old 06-25-2013, 07:24 AM   #472 (permalink)

Not the Cinderella ending to the season, but still a great year to be a Bruins fan.

Very proud of their playoff run and giving the city some great pride along the way when it needed it.

Sign Rask up quick and let's get ready for next year!!
"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isnít that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16
Rinkwraith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:54 PM   #473 (permalink)

Bergeron is a tank, these are the injuries he suffered in game 5.
"I had a broken rib, torn cartilage and muscles, and I had a separated shoulder,"
Old 06-26-2013, 01:39 AM   #474 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFan28 View Post
Bergeron is a tank, these are the injuries he suffered in game 5.
"I had a broken rib, torn cartilage and muscles, and I had a separated shoulder,"
yet bucholz falls down once and is f***** up for over a week now ....... i dont get it ? are pitchers made out of paper ?
Old 06-28-2013, 01:54 PM   #475 (permalink)

Chara damage finally leaked; hip flexor described by Julien as "very potent".

Skate through the pain boys, skate through it.

If you look at Campbell, Bergeron, and Chara's efforts......thank you boys for giving Lord Stanley your all.
"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isnít that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16
Rinkwraith is online now   Reply With Quote