Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2009, 01:31 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Can I get a little love for the Kings?

So far the Kings have been one the better offensive teams this season. Kopitar is leading the league in goals and points as of this evening and he is rarely talked about as one of the great young stars of the game. Doughty is racking up the points and Smyth seems to be the veteran leader the team has been lacking for a while. I know the goaltending still has a way to go and the season is still young, but does anyone here think they could be playoff bound as the sixth to eighth seed besides me?
ilovethelakings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:34 AM   #2 (permalink)

Yeah, they're playing pretty well. They're one of the random teams I check up on because I pulled some nice Jack Johnson and Bernier Cup stuff last year.
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 05:01 AM   #3 (permalink)

#@#@#@#@ YAH were making the playoffs for sure. Doughty is an amazing player, I hope he plays for team Canada in Vancouver. The kings are finally on the right track. This feels great right now, even though they will improve as the season goes along!
Quackssuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:05 AM   #4 (permalink)

All the pieces are there for them, with the exception of goaltending right now. I think being the sixth through eight seed is not out of the question. I can even see them getting to the second round.
PatsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 11:43 AM   #5 (permalink)

Saw them for the first time this year against the Flyers and was impressed. They are putting together a solid core that with some experience will only get better. They gave the Flyers all they could handle and Philly was hanging on at the end.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 11:54 AM   #6 (permalink)

They are playing really well. But... a 2 person team and alright goaltending will not win a playoff series. They need more weapons on offense.

PS.... GO CAPS!!
Old 11-21-2009, 11:58 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacardi2 View Post
They are playing really well. But... a 2 person team and alright goaltending will not win a playoff series. They need more weapons on offense.

PS.... GO CAPS!!
Cardi, are you really this clueless ? The more you post in the hockey threads the more it shows. Two person team ? Come on man.

Old 11-21-2009, 02:24 PM   #8 (permalink)

Will make the playoffs this season (barring injuries)and they have some more talent in the minors and juinors coming up.Should be a strong team for seasons to come!

Kent
Kent Clements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 07:10 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
Cardi, are you really this clueless ? The more you post in the hockey threads the more it shows. Two person team ? Come on man.
BamBam they suck azz if you don't agree then you need to get your head out of your ass. They have 2 players Doughty and Kopitar that are worth more then .02 cents. The goaltending is worthless. The Kings have been the only threat to San Jose thus far, but their depth will be tested as the season continues. You are the only one on this board that talks up players and teams like you have stock in them. Keep it up I love it.

Last edited by ebacardi2; 11-21-2009 at 07:16 PM.
ebacardi2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 07:51 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
BamBam they suck azz if you don't agree then you need to get your head out of your ass. They have 2 players Doughty and Kopitar that are worth more then .02 cents. The goaltending is worthless. The Kings have been the only threat to San Jose thus far, but their depth will be tested as the season continues. You are the only one on this board that talks up players and teams like you have stock in them. Keep it up I love it.
Frolov, Jack Johnson, Ryan Smyth, Jarrett Stoll, Justin Williams... These are not stumblebums, and before his injury Smyth was looking at an 80 point season.

Kopitar might be the best player in the league. Not sure, he's in the conversation with Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Iginla, Kovalchuk, Nash and that group.

My worry is goaltending with them. I think the better goaltender is stapled to the bench. They might think of playing him a bit to make him a valuable trade commodity. You just know the goaltending issue is going to blow up somewhere.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 07:55 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
Frolov, Jack Johnson, Ryan Smyth, Jarrett Stoll, Justin Williams... These are not stumblebums, and before his injury Smyth was looking at an 80 point season.

Kopitar might be the best player in the league. Not sure, he's in the conversation with Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Iginla, Kovalchuk, Nash and that group.

My worry is goaltending with them. I think the better goaltender is stapled to the bench. They might think of playing him a bit to make him a valuable trade commodity. You just know the goaltending issue is going to blow up somewhere.

Bernier is one of the hottest goaltenders in the A.H.L. He will be called up soon.

Kent
Kent Clements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 11:42 PM   #12 (permalink)

I hope he does get called up because Quick just isn't cutting the mustard. Or maybe they just need a better goalie coach than Bill Ranford helping out the young guys in L.A.
Old 11-26-2009, 11:11 PM   #13 (permalink)

Brayden Schenn makes his debut tonight. I don't think this kid is going back to Brandon. He would have been top-3 in most years.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 11:37 PM   #14 (permalink)

More hot rookies for the later releases, man this year is shaping up real nice.
anusinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 10:24 AM   #15 (permalink)

I am really missing Smyth right now!
Old 11-27-2009, 11:07 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
You're the only one who continually shows your ignorance to the NHL outside of Washington. It makes me laugh, so keep posting. Do you base your posts on the Beckett hot list ? KMD ran off the pretty impressive list of talent on the Kings, have you heard of any of them or seen them play a game yet ?