Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2009, 09:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Anze Kopitar?

Hey all,

Is Kopitar really this good or is he just on a hot streak? He's playing on the Evgeni Malkin-level right now.

I have four or six of his Young Guns, time to unload.
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

He really is this good. You poor east coaster don't know how good he is because a lot of you are in bed asleep by the time a Kings' home game is over. The Kings as a team are starting to gel and Kopitar should be among the league scoring leaders the whole season barring injuries.
ilovethelakings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 11:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

Grabbed him in round 6 of my fantasy league, not fair to have him, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Iginla and Semin on the same squad.

Found a few more Young Guns. I opened up a bunch of 2006-07 UD Series 1 Retail.
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
Old 11-03-2009, 12:15 AM   #4 (permalink)

It was only a matter of time before Kopitar was on top of the scoring charts again. He and Smyth have become quite the dynamic duo.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:43 AM   #5 (permalink)

He's having another great game tonight.
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:22 PM   #6 (permalink)

With AO and Malkin injured and Iginla and Crosby off to a slow start, I figure that Kopitar and Backstrom are in a dead heat for the MVP.

Reason Backstrom and not the Sharks guys is that Thornton, Marleau and Heatley are feeding off each other, Backstrom has a chance to be the team leader for a month while AO is out, kind of like Malkin was the leader when Crosby was out last year... also because I think San Jose is a big fat fraud and the MVP won't come from a team that isn't going to make much noise.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:26 PM   #7 (permalink)

Hey, don't out the Sharks as a fraud until I move my dual shield, lol.

I've noticed Iginla has been heating up a bit lately, but I'm still surprised Kopitar has kept it going.
mightbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:14 AM   #8 (permalink)

Kopitar knew prior to the season that he needed to step up his scoring, he's readily admitted he needed to take on more of a productive roll for the Kings, the addition of Smyth has really allowed that to happen. on a side note, I have both Kopitar and Smyth on my fantasy team.
jbmmadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:24 AM   #9 (permalink)

Smyth is an absolute steal, he's never been a big scorer, didn't think it would start now.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:06 PM   #10 (permalink)

Always been a fan of kopitar. This is his break out year. He struggled early last year but came on at years end.

I would expect this to keep up.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:57 AM   #11 (permalink)

Kopitar is now the first player to hit 30 points this season! Go Kings!
Old 11-12-2009, 08:19 AM   #12 (permalink)

A very good player !! His team has been getting better around him so his stats will continue to rise.Playoffs this year !!

Kent
Kent Clements is offline   Reply With Quote