Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 08:33 PM   #51 (permalink)

I posted this in the basketball forum yesterday. Scroll to paragraph 2.3 - details the rigidity test that differentiates an International letter from a parcel/package. Unless you can bend it, the package is a parcel.

DMM 101 Physical Standards for Retail Letters, Flats, and Parcels
Old 01-30-2013, 08:38 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnycoldcuts View Post
Chezball is right. There may be an out here for us card sellers. I put in "Large Envelope" for "2oz" (single card is right around 1.10 oz. with bubble mailer). This is what popped up on shipping calculator on usps.com:

International Price Calculator

See bottom detals and price under "First-Class Mail® International Large Envelope"
If it doesn't bend then you can't use this for cards. If the postal worker hands you the envelope and tells you to bend it in the middle. If you do so then they can ship as a letter.

Cheating is liable to cause your customer to pay for the difference. I pay at least once per month as a customer for sellers who don't properly post.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:40 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanes1111 View Post
its simple just get a stamps.com account and put the label on yourself
Wait until the store closes and break in to steal. Don't do it during normal operating hours. Right?
Old 01-30-2013, 09:51 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
Wait until the store closes and break in to steal. Don't do it during normal operating hours. Right?
stamp.com has a monthly fee, doesn't pay for most sellers.
chezball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:58 AM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
If it doesn't bend then you can't use this for cards. If the postal worker hands you the envelope and tells you to bend it in the middle. If you do so then they can ship as a letter.

Cheating is liable to cause your customer to pay for the difference. I pay at least once per month as a customer for sellers who don't properly post.
No one ever bent my mailers,I ship to Canada.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:24 AM   #56 (permalink)
Banned

Chezball

we get it, you have a lazy employee look at your packages.

Some of us do not. If the person behind the counter declares it a parcel then that is it. I have seen them grab the mailer and bend it at times and then turn around and charge as a parcel. Also if you want delivery confirmation (in the old days) it had to be over a certain thickness. When it was over that thickness, it automatically went as parcel.
JOHNJOHNNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:26 AM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNJOHNNY View Post
Chezball

we get it, you have a lazy employee look at your packages.

Some of us do not. If the person behind the counter declares it a parcel then that is it. I have seen them grab the mailer and bend it at times and then turn around and charge as a parcel. Also if you want delivery confirmation (in the old days) it had to be over a certain thickness. When it was over that thickness, it automatically went as parcel.
That they break balls about.They won't give you Dc if it's less than 3/4 of an inch.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:45 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chezball View Post
That they break balls about.They won't give you Dc if it's less than 3/4 of an inch.
My post office wouldn't send mine out using the Large Envelope designation. Two of my packages wouldn't fit through their gauge so that was a no brainer but another one squeezed through but they said it was too rigid and not flexible enough. Then again, they are very strict about the DC rule too.

I still need to get confirmation from Ebay whether or not the new international delivery confirmation that's added will be sufficient to win cases where international buyers claim they did not receive their items. I imagine it will so higher end cards should, in theory, be easier to sell internationally.
Collector Revolution: blackjacksports777
bjsports777 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:49 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by natbornkiller View Post
Question for international buyers
with the current postage rates would you mind a pwe for lower ender items ?
I wouldn't mind that. I send low end items to the US in a bubble mailer for about $2.20 2 stamps (with mailer cost, about $2.50)

Incoming -
Outgoing -
DetectiveChrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:01 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjsports777 View Post
My post office wouldn't send mine out using the Large Envelope designation. Two of my packages wouldn't fit through their gauge so that was a no brainer but another one squeezed through but they said it was too rigid and not flexible enough. Then again, they are very strict about the DC rule too.

I still need to get confirmation from Ebay whether or not the new international delivery confirmation that's added will be sufficient to win cases where international buyers claim they did not receive their items. I imagine it will so higher end cards should, in theory, be easier to sell internationally.
The information on eBay about the International DC states that Canada is a trial for the service and it may expand in the future.

I've mailed to Hungary, China and France this week and the form was exactly the same (only difference was price.) Same customs barcode type that shows routing from my house to US point of exit. (Miami for me)

Has anyone shipped to Canada this week? Did the form look different? Or does the customs barcode online information continue after leaving the point of exit?
Old 01-31-2013, 07:06 PM   #61 (permalink)

Shipped a relic card to Canada for $1.10 today. Used a get well card and put the card w/ top loader in the middle of a piece of card board inside the get well card.

Probably just got the right clerk, but knowing what clerk at the PO to deal with is important.
bullrat is offline   Reply With Quote