Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 03:29 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Can I ship to Canada in a PWE?

Sold a card to someone today who is from Canada and then after I started to read some posts I found out that the price to canada in a bubble mailer may have doubled. If that is the case I would actually lose money on the transaction. So I was playing with the idea with shipping in a PWE (if the buyer is ok with it). My question is though if I am shipping a card in a PWE would I still need to fill out a customs form? I dont even know if it would fit on the envelope.... Also, would the post office even take a PWE for goods or is the only thing allowed to cross the border in a PWE is paperwork? As this is a thin autograph I would like to be able to just do a non machinable in a PWE and not have to screw with customs or anything else. If anyone knows the answer I would appreciate it.

My photobucket: http://s451.photobucket.com/albums/qq239/GOWIFB/
GOWIFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:48 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOWIFB View Post
Sold a card to someone today who is from Canada and then after I started to read some posts I found out that the price to canada in a bubble mailer may have doubled. If that is the case I would actually lose money on the transaction. So I was playing with the idea with shipping in a PWE (if the buyer is ok with it). My question is though if I am shipping a card in a PWE would I still need to fill out a customs form? I dont even know if it would fit on the envelope.... Also, would the post office even take a PWE for goods or is the only thing allowed to cross the border in a PWE is paperwork? As this is a thin autograph I would like to be able to just do a non machinable in a PWE and not have to screw with customs or anything else. If anyone knows the answer I would appreciate it.
Suck it up and pay the money and consider it a lesson learned. Sending something to Canada in a PWE is only gonna end badly.I can promise you this.
Old 01-28-2013, 04:13 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
Suck it up and pay the money and consider it a lesson learned. Sending something to Canada in a PWE is only gonna end badly.I can promise you this.
Like I said I am only going to do it if the buyer is ok with it. When I sold the card I was unaware of the price getting jacked up by the USPS this morning. I am just asking at this time if anyone knows the rules for shipping in a PWE to Canada. Not looking for opinions on if its a good idea or not. I and the buyer would know the risks going in if we end up agreeing to it.

My photobucket: http://s451.photobucket.com/albums/qq239/GOWIFB/
GOWIFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:25 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOWIFB View Post
Like I said I am only going to do it if the buyer is ok with it. When I sold the card I was unaware of the price getting jacked up by the USPS this morning. I am just asking at this time if anyone knows the rules for shipping in a PWE to Canada. Not looking for opinions on if its a good idea or not. I and the buyer would know the risks going in if we end up agreeing to it.
Im guessing PWE means plain white envelope? If so, the cost will be $1.10 with no customs needed (as long as it is below 4oz i believe and no more than 1/4 inch thick). Now this is where things can be good/bad. If the post office clerk takes your item and deems it too rigid (like if you mailed the card in a hard plastic) then they can decline it or if it does go through it could be sent back or just not accepted because the envelopes do pass through machines (plastic holding card can break and disrupt the machines...so ive been told before). When I send cards to Canada for Juniors to autograph I send them in just a penny sleeve and they usually come back just fine. Then again, some I dont get back and I do wonder if its the player not signing or that it was damaged. It will be a risk. I would just send the card in a bubble env. and take the loss this time. Its better than negative feedback or trying to fix a problem that would cost you a full refund.
Johnnycoldcuts is offline   Reply With Quote