Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 06:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to grm94
Default No more shipping to Canada!!!

I know I'm late to the party, but Wednesday night I went to USPS to mail a card off to Canada. I almost fell over when I saw the $6.55 price come up, I could not believe it doubled since the last price increase. I got home that night and changed all my ebay listings to No International Shipping. I will probably lose some business from across the boarder but, those prices are ridiculous!!!
Old 02-01-2013, 06:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

That's the spirit! Off with their heads I tell ya!
223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

Too many sellers with this attitude. Some of us may be willing to pay the extra few bucks if we want the card enough. Set the shipping costs higher and if we want to pay it we will, at least the option is there!
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

:jedi::jedi::jedi:
natbornkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:43 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Too many sellers with this attitude. Some of us may be willing to pay the extra few bucks if we want the card enough. Set the shipping costs higher and if we want to pay it we will, at least the option is there!
Yah, but too many customers will still ding sellers for charging outrageous shipping fees, even though it's the postal services fault.
hermanotarjeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:53 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermanotarjeta View Post
Yah, but too many customers will still ding sellers for charging outrageous shipping fees, even though it's the postal services fault.

I could see a seller getting dinged feedback when a buyer sees shipping charges $3 to the U.S. and $7 to Canada
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:22 PM   #7 (permalink)

Price of doing business. Ebay prefers free shipping on auctions anyways, so just incur the cost and keep business moving. Also, this is why I never sell singles on ebay unless they fetch $50 or more. That's my flat value for the hassle of shipping costs and the risk of buyer issues. All cards that are under $50 I unload to my lcs for pennies on the dollar for cash value or lcs purchase credit. When shipping costs and buyer troubles are on the rise, it's not worth unloading cheap cards on ebay.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:24 PM   #8 (permalink)

You could always offer the "global shipping program". If you offer free domestic shipping, all of your items will get automatic 5 star ratings and you are only responsible for the package getting to eBay's US shipping center.

Quote:
How sellers are protected

Although you're responsible for getting the package safely to the US shipping center, you won't be charged if the item is damaged or lost during international shipping. You're also covered by PayPal Seller Protection, so you get the same protection for your international sales that you get domestically.
Igman7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 08:13 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by grm94 View Post
I know I'm late to the party, but Wednesday night I went to USPS to mail a card off to Canada. I almost fell over when I saw the $6.55 price come up, I could not believe it doubled since the last price increase. I got home that night and changed all my ebay listings to No International Shipping. I will probably lose some business from across the boarder but, those prices are ridiculous!!!
Why would you lose some business from the person to whom you are renting?
Old 02-02-2013, 01:48 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igman7 View Post
You could always offer the "global shipping program". If you offer free domestic shipping, all of your items will get automatic 5 star ratings and you are only responsible for the package getting to eBay's US shipping center.

thats not yet available to everyone

anusinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:55 AM   #11 (permalink)

i stopped shipping there 2 years ago its such a hassle they are sooooo slow to deliver
bbcardsrgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:10 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igman7 View Post
unless its changed when I initially received the invite into the global shipping program sports cards and memrobilia were an excluded category.
mrlaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:39 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_ac View Post
Price of doing business. Ebay prefers free shipping on auctions anyways, so just incur the cost and keep business moving. Also, this is why I never sell singles on ebay unless they fetch $50 or more. That's my flat value for the hassle of shipping costs and the risk of buyer issues. All cards that are under $50 I unload to my lcs for pennies on the dollar for cash value or lcs purchase credit. When shipping costs and buyer troubles are on the rise, it's not worth unloading cheap cards on ebay.
#@#@#@#@ unload them to me for pennies on the dollar, they are doing away with he pointless DSR system anyway so you're troubles will be no more.
Cubs_rock21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 11:59 AM   #14 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to keeganoneil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs_rock21 View Post
they are doing away with he pointless DSR system anyway so your troubles will be no more.
they are? Haven't heard this yet.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:05 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by duwal View Post
I could see a seller getting dinged feedback when a buyer sees shipping charges $3 to the U.S. and $7 to Canada
Well they shouldnt and thats why Ebay sucks. You shouldnt be able to disrupt a seller s routine and way of conducting business by leaving seller ratings because you don't like their shipping. I say if you don't like the shipping charge don't buy the card from them! Does seller ratings greatly affect the seller.

And oh yeah thanks Obama and his party for devaluing the dollar so much! Just keep on printing money! That'll get us out of the hole....
Trueduckfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:29 PM   #16 (permalink)

I've switched to a padded envelope inside a large envelope - right around $3 to Canada

The problem is that everybody tries to rip everybody off!
MrSnyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:49 PM   #17 (permalink)

That's pretty frustrating being from Canada and seeing everybody not shipping to Canada and most of you have the cards that we want... All it really does is just taking the extra 1 minute to type out a message of how much it is for shipping and there will be delay and most of us will be okay with it since we do need the card.. And if they're not then don't sell it to them.. But then again that's only my opinion though..

Have a nice day.. Eh!
Alanjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:01 PM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanjai View Post
That's pretty frustrating being from Canada and seeing everybody not shipping to Canada and most of you have the cards that we want... All it really does is just taking the extra 1 minute to type out a message of how much it is for shipping and there will be delay and most of us will be okay with it since we do need the card.. And if they're not then don't sell it to them.. But then again that's only my opinion though..

Have a nice day.. Eh!
I think it's just knee jerk reaction to increased rates. Obviously the op here wasn't aware of the new rates and was blindsided by the cost.

I should also add that my earlier post was a joke. Someone who I will not mention sent me a scathing pm about it. Apparently this person feels that all hockey cards belong in Canada and all US sellers who won't ship there are simply being lazy and spiteful.
223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:10 PM   #19 (permalink)

ya i know what you are feeling ,,,, there goes the low end stuff for sure ,,, i just finished my open auction of 105 cards last week,, wasnt aware of the price change on shipping too late now every card i lost about 3.00 so a total of 300.00 to 315.00 lost in shipping ouch
96pavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:10 AM   #20 (permalink)

I'm still shipping to Canada, and if I get dinged on my DSRs I'll be calling Ebay for sure. I added a little disclaimer at the top of all of my auctions explaining the increase in international shipping costs so hopefully buyers will be understanding (I know, right, like that's gonna happen).

And not to open up a can of worms, but I agree that shipping cost should be gone from DSRs - buyers know the shipping cost when they bid. If they don't like it then they shouldn't bid.
rippit is online now   Reply With Quote