Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 01:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Early trade predictions : East arms race

Okay, so yes I know that the trade deadline isn't until 4/3 this year but I have a feeling that many trades will happen well before the deadline in order to get some chemistry earlier;

Let's just start off with the alarming numbers of cap space;

BOS 7.6M
PITT 8.4M
NJD 13.5M

Now let's look at the targets;
Perry 5.3M (prorated at time of trade)
Getzlaf 5.3M
Iginla 7M

And yes, I know there is a ton of hockey to play yet but its already pretty established something needs to happen with these guys. Also, Ottawa and St. Louis have tons of cap room and could load up as well.

Who looks best in what uniform??
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Anaheim won't trade anyone if they're still where they are now in the standings (2nd in the west) at the deadline.

I like Iginla but there's a lot of mileage on those legs and Calgary will want a top prospect for him in return. Just depends on how close a team thinks they are to winning the Cup.

On a side note, the Toronto media will work everyone into a frenzy with unfounded trade scenarios for all three of those guys ending up there. They won't which then seamlessly transition into who will sign this summer (Getzlaf) as a free agent.
223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

I expect Habs to trade for Kassian from Minnesota. Won't cost much and having him will keep teams from running all over Habs soft line up.
pnft17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

Id love to see Perry on the Bruins
Old 02-11-2013, 09:51 PM   #5 (permalink)

I'd take Iginla in the Black and Gold any day. He doesn't have to be THE MAN and I think he and Seguin would be otherworldly on the same line...
BostonNut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:00 PM   #6 (permalink)

The rangers I feel might shake it up.
RBKSNIPZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:46 AM   #7 (permalink)

I know Iginla and Crosby are good friends and Iginla has always wanted to play with Crosby but the Pens need more defensive help than they do a forward.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:29 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
I know Iginla and Crosby are good friends and Iginla has always wanted to play with Crosby but the Pens need more defensive help than they do a forward.
I actually think they could use either about the same. All these people seem to think that because the Pens have played good defense so far this season, their problems are solved. Don't think so!! They need another shutdown D-Man, and Robert Bortuzzo isn't the answer (although I do think he's been quite solid so far). They played decent defense for the first 60 games last year, then were abysmal in the last 1/4 of the regular season, and the playoff stats speak for themselves. So essentially, this season is starting as last season did, and we all know how thta went. But I would love to see them pick up a winger for Sid, and put Kunitz back w/ Malkin + Neal. That was arguable the best line in hockey last year.

I'd love to see Iginla in Pittsburgh, but I don't think it will happen. I don't see the Pens picking up his contract.
#1 Collection : Barrasso
#2 Collection : Ron Hextall
Other : Crosby, Wregget, Malkin
NEED RON HEXTALL SPGU LETTER MARKS!!!

Last edited by ncm7772; 02-12-2013 at 10:34 AM.
ncm7772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:51 AM   #9 (permalink)

Once Selanne retires, I can't imagine he'd go another year. But we've been saying that for 5 years. Also, I have a feeling once Teemu retires, Koivu won't be around either. They are both UFA after this season.

Anyway, once Teemu is gone, Perry is the 'face' of Anaheim. I don't see them letting him go. I could see Getzlaf going somewhere and it mightb e hard to keep both. I don't know what's up with Bobby Ryan? If he's not performing his name will unfortunately come up again He's booked until 2015. Anaheim has quite a few decent young players in the system that will be full time soon. I think Hiller would actually be a good trade too. He's only got one more year on his contract. He's a great goalie and a totally stole the job from Jiggy, but the sparkle is wearing off.
Old Nap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:13 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncm7772 View Post
I actually think they could use either about the same. All these people seem to think that because the Pens have played good defense so far this season, their problems are solved. Don't think so!! They need another shutdown D-Man, and Robert Bortuzzo isn't the answer (although I do think he's been quite solid so far). They played decent defense for the first 60 games last year, then were abysmal in the last 1/4 of the regular season, and the playoff stats speak for themselves. So essentially, this season is starting as last season did, and we all know how thta went. But I would love to see them pick up a winger for Sid, and put Kunitz back w/ Malkin + Neal. That was arguable the best line in hockey last year.

I'd love to see Iginla in Pittsburgh, but I don't think it will happen. I don't see the Pens picking up his contract.
I think Bortuzzo has been playing great this year. He has stepped up. He will also stand up for his teammates. The one player that I think is struggling is Despres. Every game I watch it looks like he does not know what he is doing and looks scared. I like Iginla in the past but do not think he would be a good fit. I think Shero will make good deal for someone as he always does.

Also nice avatar pic. I just picked up one of his certified autos for my Pens stanley cup project.
crabbygraphs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 01:00 PM   #11 (permalink)

Not sure if this was brought up yet, but I have heard around the Boston Area that their has been interest in going after Iginla which would be HUGH if at all true and or possible.
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Despres has been having his best year. Looking scared, he is getting goals every game and you think Robert Bortuzzo is better them him??? Im a huge Pen's fan and watched every minute of every game, and even practice before the season. Simon Despres is playing great, he just needs Tanger back to give him the Savy Vet to play with. Would love to see Iginla come to P-burg but dont wanna trade the wrong players for it.
cardboardkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:55 PM   #13 (permalink)

I expect the Islanders to part ways with Kyle Okposo & Mark Streit. Both arent producing and will hold some trade value.

On a side note I have lost all faith in the franchise.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:11 PM   #14 (permalink)

Yuck! Pass on both....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookyyyyyy View Post
I expect the Islanders to part ways with Kyle Okposo & Mark Streit. Both arent producing and will hold some trade value.

On a side note I have lost all faith in the franchise.
BostonNut is online now   Reply With Quote