Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2013, 10:56 AM   #226 (permalink)

Rick Tocchet...... that is all.
HeyFitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:03 AM   #227 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
Where there is smoke, there is fire. Something is going to break today.

This is HUGE news for Bruins and Candiens fans as they now will be the favorites in the East.
You really should be a working for the 'STAR'' or one of those 'Rag Mags' your flair for the dramatics are becoming a weekly occurance! LMFAO at this one, but is just not worthy enough to replace your original quote in my signature

Thanks for the laugh, I needed one after last nights bizarre ending of the B's/Canadians game!
Old 04-07-2013, 11:18 AM   #228 (permalink)

Not sure why people are freaking out. There's been nothing so far to suggest a setback in Sid's recovery. I don't expect him back till second round, but there's been nothing said suggesting he'd done for the year.
#1 Collection : Barrasso
#2 Collection : Ron Hextall
Other : Crosby, Wregget, Malkin
NEED RON HEXTALL SPGU LETTER MARKS!!!
ncm7772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:42 AM   #229 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncm7772 View Post
Not sure why people are freaking out. There's been nothing so far to suggest a setback in Sid's recovery. I don't expect him back till second round, but there's been nothing said suggesting he'd done for the year.
It's just your resident '#@#@#@#@ stormer' trying to get you guy's going, I really don't see where with protective face & headgear Crosby will not be back for the 1st Rd. series, at the worst 2nd Rd. (providing they advance)

Quite frankly. the way the Habs are playing they may very well be the favorite at this point in time IMO.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:03 PM   #230 (permalink)

He has to have more dental work done (root canal) and he cannot resume skating until the screws in his jaw are good.

James Neal looks to be out with a concussion now because Beau Bennett got called up today.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:25 PM   #231 (permalink)

Neal officially has a concussion. Time for Malkin to step WAY up. Now I REALLY don't want to see them play the Rangers in the first round - they'll be too busy trying to kill Del Zotto to play hockey.

I have to say this about Malkin - now is the time for him to show he's worth that big contract they plan on signing him to. It's been good year-bad year-good year-bad year for the last 4 years. I'm worried he has a little too much Ovechkin/Jagr in him, and if the Pens sign him to a huge contract and he tanks it will hamstring the franchise for a decade. And I don't want to hear about the Conn Smythe in 2009 and the Art Ross last year - the Conn Smythe was 4 years ago and the Art Ross didn't do them any good against Philly in the playoffs. I'm not diminishing either, but in the words of John Flacenda, "Great players aren't always great - they're only great when they have to be." Well, he HAS to be right now.
rippit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:03 PM   #232 (permalink)

Yep yep, time for Malkin to step up.

As bad as things look, I'm still supporting the team.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:21 PM   #233 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Nick2317 Send a message via Yahoo to Nick2317

Crosby interview from today

Sidney Crosby feeling better, but no timetable for return | Penguins - WTAE Home
Nick2317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:15 PM   #234 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick2317 View Post
He looks good you can tell his jaw is a little off by how he talks etc., I would think he would return some time in the playoffs if not for Series 1.

On an unrelated topic it is amazing the amount of drug/heroin arrests in that area based on articles on that link, the Sheriffs Dept. deputy was the one that caught my eye!
Old 04-09-2013, 09:51 PM   #235 (permalink)

Was on the edge of my seat all night drinking 007's, but they came through. Rather ugly game, but they played with passion in the 3rd and fought for the win. NOT that there's anything special about beating Carolina, but I'll take any points they can get with these injuries. Atlantic Division champs. Philly lost too, virtually no chance of playoffs now!

Last edited by ncm7772; 04-09-2013 at 09:53 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:52 PM   #236 (permalink)

Dupuis was an absolute BEAST tonight. And Eaton is so solid, I love that old guy!
Old 04-11-2013, 10:00 AM   #237 (permalink)

Question for everyone: Is it me, or does Kunitz look awful in Crosby's absence? He has done very little, while Dupuis has continued to play well and score goals. Duper IMO has elevated his play in Sid's absence. He was the team's best player in the ass kicking vs NYR last week, and was an absolute beast Tuesday night.

I haven't questioned Kunitz's effort yet this year up until Sid's injury. He was a flat out lazy a$$ vs Buffalo last week, and the games since, has not busted his butt at all. Anyone else notice this?
Old 04-11-2013, 01:18 PM   #238 (permalink)

LINEUP/INJURY UPDATES for tonights game vs Tampa Bay

Head coach Dan Bylsma had a few updates:
•Letang will be playing tonight vs. Tampa Bay
•Vokoun will start in net
•Martin has begun skating on his own
•No updates on Crosby and Neal
crabbygraphs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:01 PM   #239 (permalink)

Great news on Martin!

Let's hope Letang's groin can hold up for 2 more months.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:12 PM   #240 (permalink)

Quote:
Great news on Martin!

Let's hope Letang's groin can hold up for 2 more months.
it wasn't his groin .......dude you are seriously the most pessimistic fan I have ever seen
Old 04-11-2013, 02:43 PM   #241 (permalink)

Quote:
it wasn't his groin .......dude you are seriously the most pessimistic fan I have ever seen
Penguins notebook: Defenseman Letang could make return later this week | TribLIVE

Recent news on Kris Letang - Pittsburgh Penguins - Rotoworld.com

Please do your research before you run your mouth.

Judging by your wonderful use of grammar and punctuation, I doubt you know very much about sports injuries. Groin and hamstring strains often take considerable time to heal, and even when they "feel" healed, can easily be strained again. THAT's why I said "Hopefully Letang's groin can hold up."

I also fail to see how saying "I hope a player who's important to my favorite team stays healthy" is pessimistic. So in your eyes, I could say "Hey, I hope no one gets injured tonight", and be pessimistic. Is that right?

I apologize if being a realist makes me a pessimist. Go join your Crosby and Malkin bandwagon fans on FB.

Last edited by ncm7772; 04-11-2013 at 02:46 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:54 PM   #242 (permalink)

So I assume the broken toe that he had didn't keep him out at all yea thanks and BTW douchebag I was born and raised in Pittsburgh you live in NY so it seems your the one on the bandwagon
Old 04-11-2013, 02:58 PM   #243 (permalink)

Quote:
BTW douchebag (classy guy!!!) I was born and raised in Pittsburgh
Good for you

And of course the toe contributed to him being out. But it wasn't JUST his toe. The groin injury was just as much a part.

And I've been a Pens fans since 1990, at the wee age o' 5.

Last edited by ncm7772; 04-11-2013 at 03:01 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:53 PM   #244 (permalink)

Great start to the game. Kunitz had a nice chance.
crabbygraphs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:19 PM   #245 (permalink)

Good battle so far with TB. That damn PK, though!!!
Old 04-12-2013, 10:23 AM   #246 (permalink)

Very solid effort last night in the win. That Morrow/Jokinen/Dupuis line looks great right now. Almost amazing the chemistry that Morrow + Jokinen have after only playing 2 games together. I hope to see those 2 stay on a line together, whichever one it is, when (if) the team gets healthy. Not that anyone cares about my opinion, but this is what I'd love to see the lines as if the team ever gets healthy:

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Neal-Malkin-Iginla
Morrow-Jokinen-Cooke
Adams-Sutter-Kennedy (I'd prefer to see Vitale here because TK sucks, but that won't happen)

The only drawback was the PK. Man, it had improved so much during the streak, but it's reverted back to the bottom 1/3 of the league. 2nd time in 4 games the team has allowed 3 PP goals. That simply CAN'T happen in the playoffs. I realize the Lightning have one of the most talented offensive teams in the League, as well as one of the most potents PP's, but the team can't allow that many. The 3rd was fluky, but there was nothing Vokoun could've done on the first two. I'm really not sure what the problem is. Same coaches and same players (only Sutter and occasionally Glass are new PKers) as the last several seasons. I'm wondering if maybe they've changed their system a bit. I don't know, but it needs to be improved. First off, Sutter is usually taking draws, and he's been losing a ton lately. Maybe start working Jussizzle on the PK in practice. He's been a beast on the draw in his short time here. Don't see why they shouldn't use him.

Wonderful to see 5 and 6 goal games back-to-back sans Sid. Granted Carolina and TB aren't the best offensive teams in the League, but they've put together 2 very solid offensive games this week. Hell, other than the PK, last night's game was damn good in every aspect. Hope they keep it going vs Florida Saturday.

Side note : Sid has been cleared to eat mashed potatoes, LOL. At least he can eat some solid-ish food. NOT TRYING TO BE NEGATIVE, SO NO ONE CRY!!!!!!!! However, the more they release info, the less optimistic I am that he'll be back for Round 1. He apparently needs to bones to calcify over the screws in his jaw (what the team is calling "waiting for the screws to set"), before he can even skate. According to people who've had this injury, this will take AT LEAST 4 weeks.

What many people don't seem to get, is this takes time! The bones literally have to grow (calcify) over the screws. This isn't a muscle strain that's going to heal itself w/ RICE. His surgery happened a week ago, which according to others' recovery time, he has at least 3 weeks before he can EVEN SKATE. According to reports, the jaw has to set before he can even skate, let alone practice, let play. So in my opinion, it looks to be about 5 weeks before he'll be cleared to play. Many people seem to think that Sid will just be able to "play when he wants". Unfortunately, this is a very serious injury that you can't (wisely) "play through". And the way his concussion went, I doubt, even if he's cleared, to return to play until he feels 100%. And I can't blame him one bit, based on his concussion issues.

The slight advantage Sid has, is $ is not an option. He has the means for the best trainers, medications, supplements, etc.

Again, NO ONE CRY!!! This is not an attempt to be pessimistic, negative, a bandwagon fan, or whatever. I'm simply posting my opinion on the timetable for his return based on the very small amount of information we have been given on his condition. Still, I hope for the best!
Old 04-12-2013, 11:00 AM   #247 (permalink)

Quote:
Not that anyone cares about my opinion
Of course we care

Quote:
The only drawback was the PK.
Never thought I'd say this (and I've said it A LOT this year), but they miss Martin.

Quote:
First off, Sutter is usually taking draws, and he's been losing a ton lately.
I've noticed this too - it's a problem...

Quote:
Maybe start working Jussizzle on the PK in practice. He's been a beast on the draw in his short time here. Don't see why they shouldn't use him.
...and this is the solution. BTW I prefer to call him Jussi Couture

Quote:
Side note : Sid has been cleared to eat mashed potatoes, LOL. At least he can eat some solid-ish food. NOT TRYING TO BE NEGATIVE, SO NO ONE CRY!!!!!!!! However, the more they release info, the less optimistic I am that he'll be back for Round 1. He apparently needs to bones to calcify over the screws in his jaw (what the team is calling "waiting for the screws to set"), before he can even skate. According to people who've had this injury, this will take AT LEAST 4 weeks.

What many people don't seem to get, is this takes time! The bones literally have to grow (calcify) over the screws. This isn't a muscle strain that's going to heal itself w/ RICE. His surgery happened a week ago, which according to others' recovery time, he has at least 3 weeks before he can EVEN SKATE. According to reports, the jaw has to set before he can even skate, let alone practice, let play. So in my opinion, it looks to be about 5 weeks before he'll be cleared to play. Many people seem to think that Sid will just be able to "play when he wants". Unfortunately, this is a very serious injury that you can't (wisely) "play through". And the way his concussion went, I doubt, even if he's cleared, to return to play until he feels 100%. And I can't blame him one bit, based on his concussion issues.

The slight advantage Sid has, is $ is not an option. He has the means for the best trainers, medications, supplements, etc.

Again, NO ONE CRY!!! This is not an attempt to be pessimistic, negative, a bandwagon fan, or whatever. I'm simply posting my opinion on the timetable for his return based on the very small amount of information we have been given on his condition. Still, I hope for the best!
They've proven we can still ring up a lot of goals even without Sid - I'm not anticipating him being back until the second round (if they make it that far, and while I think they will, I'm not assuming anything after the flameouts of the past couple of years). The one good thing about his injury is that there won't be much (if any) rehab involved once the screws set - it's not like it's a shoulder or a knee, something you actually use to shoot or skate. So once he gets cleared to skate, it shouldn't be that long before he can actually play.

Wow, when I looked at the setup of your lines, for the first time I truly realized how DEEP they are at forward. If everyone gets healthy, they will legitimately have four lines that will be threats to score. Key word being IF.
rippit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:25 AM   #248 (permalink)

Great minds think alike! I really think Jussi Couture (LOL) on the PK would really, really help.

And you're right, this team is extremely deep at forward. Without a doubt the deepest set of forwards when the team is healthy. Let's hope that happens!! Very good point that once he's cleared to skate, it shouldn't be much longer afterwards that he's cleared to play. But it's great to see them team scoring goals without Sid.

Didn't mention it earlier, but Malkin has looked a bit better the past 2 games. Still not the Malkin of last year, but he has stepped up big the last 2 games, netting the GW in both.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:23 PM   #249 (permalink)

Malkin out tonight, "upper body injury." SMFH

Can we get a break?
Old 04-13-2013, 10:09 PM   #250 (permalink)

3-1 win for the Pens in Sunrise. Kind of a blah effort by both teams, not much intensity from either side. But the Pens played a very good 1st period and pick up 2 goals late in the frame. Not much to speak of offensively the rest of the game, but the team limited the Panthers chances, and MAF had a solid game. Another good game by Brenden Morrow, w/ 2 goals and an assist. W/ the Habs and B's losing, we now have a 7-point cushion for top seed in the East. Nice to know, but means little in the grand scheme of things.

3 full days off, then a battle vs Montreal. I'm not optimistic (please don't cry anyone - how can any Penguins fan be optimistic about injuries this season?), but hopefully we'll see Malkin suit up. Also hoping for an update on Neal ASAP.