Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2013, 10:52 AM   #251 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncm7772 View Post
3-1 win for the Pens in Sunrise. Kind of a blah effort by both teams, not much intensity from either side. But the Pens played a very good 1st period and pick up 2 goals late in the frame. Not much to speak of offensively the rest of the game, but the team limited the Panthers chances, and MAF had a solid game. Another good game by Brenden Morrow, w/ 2 goals and an assist. W/ the Habs and B's losing, we now have a 7-point cushion for top seed in the East. Nice to know, but means little in the grand scheme of things.

3 full days off, then a battle vs Montreal. I'm not optimistic (please don't cry anyone - how can any Penguins fan be optimistic about injuries this season?), but hopefully we'll see Malkin suit up. Also hoping for an update on Neal ASAP.
Really? I thought the game was pretty physical.

Morrow has been a beast the past few games - not only playing a physical game but scoring too.

If they can beat the Habs on Wednesday, then just take care of the Sabres Saturday and the Canes on the last day of the season (all at home), that should be enough to wrap up the #1 seed in the east. Then cross your fingers and hope that everyone gets healthy for the playoffs.

Looking ahead, (I know I shouldn't but I can't help myself), I would LOVE to see the Caps and Rangers in the 3-6 matchup - both teams have been red hot, and one of them would be gone and the other (hopefully) bruised and battered. I'm also hoping for a Leafs-Habs 4-5 matchup just because those teams are such heated rivals and they've both been down and out recently (the Leafs for a little longer than recently).

As far as the Pens' first round opponent, I have no preference. Rangers have been red hot, the Isles have maybe been even hotter, and the Sens could get Karlsson back. No easy touch there no matter who they face. Leafs look to be locked into the 5 seed barring a collapse, so they don't look like a possibility in the first round.
rippit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:59 AM   #252 (permalink)

Crosby, Martin and Neal all skating this morning

Completed the 1971 Topps set!
Currently working on the 1969 and 1970 sets
mthokie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:14 AM   #253 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthokie83 View Post
crosby, martin and neal all skating this morning
yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-15-2013, 12:11 PM   #254 (permalink)

Great news on Sid and Neal!!!!!

Rippit you're it, there was some good hitting in the Florida game.
#1 Collection : Barrasso
#2 Collection : Ron Hextall
Other : Crosby, Wregget, Malkin
NEED RON HEXTALL SPGU LETTER MARKS!!!
ncm7772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:34 PM   #255 (permalink)

O/T - Oilers just fired their GM. I guess just HAVING all those first overall picks doesn't guarantee anything now does it? You have to know how to USE them.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:43 PM   #256 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippit View Post
O/T - Oilers just fired their GM. I guess just HAVING all those first overall picks doesn't guarantee anything now does it? You have to know how to USE them.
Exactly. Gotta love when people say "Oh pens r only good cause of there furst round picks derr."
Old 04-15-2013, 02:41 PM   #257 (permalink)

Neal has no concussion symptoms. Could they actually have their entire lineup (except Martin) ready to go for the playoffs?
Old 04-15-2013, 02:59 PM   #258 (permalink)

Quote:
Neal has no concussion symptoms. Could they actually have their entire lineup (except Martin) ready to go for the playoffs?
Haha, I doubt it. With the way the season has gone, Sid + Neal will get healthy, then Letang will go back down and Douglas Murray tears an ACL. NOBODY CRY!!!! Just again discussing this team's bad luck with injuries
Old 04-17-2013, 10:47 PM   #259 (permalink)

Impressive win tonight against Montreal. The new guys stepped up.
crabbygraphs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:34 PM   #260 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbygraphs View Post
Impressive win tonight against Montreal. The new guys stepped up.
They did for sure!!

I hope Jokinen really just had the flu, as the rumors say. Vitale left the game, SMH. Hope it's not too serious!!! Good news though, that Sid, Neal, and Martin continue to skate and progress.

They need just 1 point in their last 6 to eliminate MTL's chance at the 1st seed, and can take another huge step in the game at Boston Fri.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:30 PM   #261 (permalink)

Quote:
They did for sure!!

I hope Jokinen really just had the flu, as the rumors say. Vitale left the game, SMH. Hope it's not too serious!!! Good news though, that Sid, Neal, and Martin continue to skate and progress.

They need just 1 point in their last 6 to eliminate MTL's chance at the 1st seed, and can take another huge step in the game at Boston Fri.
I believe if they beat Boston in regulation that will wrap up the #1 seed in the East.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:50 PM   #262 (permalink)

Quote:
I believe if they beat Boston in regulation that will wrap up the #1 seed in the East.
Yes they can! I didn't look closely enough at the standings.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:55 PM   #263 (permalink)

Where the #@#@#@#@ is the game on TV I cannot find it here in Ma./RI area!!
Old 04-20-2013, 02:38 PM   #264 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
Where the #@#@#@#@ is the game on TV I cannot find it here in Ma./RI area!!
Try the NHL Network.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:24 PM   #265 (permalink)

They're lucky to be tied after 2 - too many defensive zone and neutral zone turnovers, and the Broons are doing a good job of pinning them in their own end. Does the Bergeron-Marchand-Seguin line ever leave the ice?
Old 04-20-2013, 04:22 PM   #266 (permalink)

Well, that'll do it - #1 seed wrapped up and a week and a half to get everyone healthy, plus get the frequent scratches some playing time.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:58 AM   #267 (permalink)

Boy, you guys are quiet. I guess there's not much to talk about other than the injuries, potential first round opponents and possible mayhem in Ottawa.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:49 AM   #268 (permalink)

Quote:
Boy, you guys are quiet. I guess there's not much to talk about other than the injuries, potential first round opponents and possible mayhem in Ottawa.
Haha, yeah I don't hang out on the computer/phone too much on my weekends off, so I wasn't around.

Pens clinch the #1 seed in the East behind 2 PP goals vs the top PK in the league. I loved that. Vokoun was again great, as he's been twice vs Boston this season. Other than the injuries (obviously), the only thing I'm concerned about is how the D has played the last 2 games. Gave up 4 goals and way too many chances vs Montreal. I understand late in the game when you're up by 4 goals you're not always going to be the most tenacious defensive team, but you don't want to be playing soft defense just before the playoffs. Boston had way too much sustained offensive zone time. No one cry, I'm not trying to be pessimistic, I just like to voice my concerns. You can counter with the argument "Oh but they're winning and they're scoring". True, but everyone knows (or should know) that defense tightens up in the playoffs, and goals are tougher to come by. I hope our defense is able to do that come playoffs.

On the injury front, Letang is questionable tonight for "an illness". Yeah, an illness in his groin. Will be very concerned if he doesn't play tommorrow vs Buffalo. People at the Penguins forum (that place is full of idiots and fanboys, so I take things I read there w/ a grain of salt) are saying that DB stated "in an article" (which I have not been able to find by the way) that Martin was the closest to returning. That's bizarre. I'm almost certain that he stated last week, that Malkin would be playing if these were playoff games. Also, with Neal skating so soon after recieving a concussion, I'd figure that he would be closer than Martin to returning. What really scares me though, is if this is all true, it means Sid will still be out a while. Martin was said to be "2-4 weeks out" about a week ago if I recall correctly. Maybe he's progressing faster, but I tend to interpret this as Crosby is progressing slower than expected. I couldn't really understand why so many people were/still are convinced that we'd see Sid back in time for Round 1. I'm fairly certain this confirms that we will not. At least not for the start. I'd been saying all along he'd be back for Round 2, if we make it. Again, don't cry people, I don't see us getting past the NYR without Sid + Martin. They are playing very well, and have really took it to us the last 2 games. Yes, we won in a SO in one, but MAF stole that game for us. He was incredible. And Lundqvist is back to playing Vezina-caliber, which is probably the aspect you LEAST want to see in a playoff opponent. I don't have any doubt we can limit their scoring, I'm just concerned that without Sid + Martin, we won't be able to consistently produce goals. Assuming we have Malkik back, that will certainly help, but he's had a very down year. Nowhere near last season. Neal would also help, but by the looks of it, we won't have him either. Now again people, NOBODY CRY! I'm simply stating my opinion. I will of course support the team no matter what. Let's just hope Winnipeg can sneak in to the playoffs (unlikely, but it's possible), and/or Ottawa slides down to 8th. That brings us to tonights game.............

.........Ottawa's owner essentially put a bounty out on Cooke after the Karlsson incident. I'm assuming that's why Pittsburgh called up Steve McIntyre. I hope to see Big Mac play tonight! He didn't skate on a line yesterday however, so I'm not sure. I know he'll only play 2-3 minutes, but you've got to assume they'd at least have him practice with the 2 guys he's most likely to play next to. Wonder if anyone is man enough to fight him. I doubt it. No one from "the toughest team in the NHL" would go near him in the regular season finale last year.

What is everyone's opinion on resting/sitting people this week? I think the only person that should be rested is Letang. And that should only be for a game or 2. If Malkin (or Neal - but that doesn't seem likely) is able to play, I think he should play. Get him back into a rythym. Also, although the new additions for the most part have played solid lately, I'd still like to see them get more comfortable with the system and their linemates. I guess we'll find out starting tonight!!
Old 04-22-2013, 12:45 PM   #269 (permalink)

Found said article:

Penguins notebook: Bylsma says Martin will return to lineup soon - Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Of course, I was right to take what the people said w/ a grain of salt. DB did elude to this, but they for sure twisted his words around:

"Really, right now, Paul Martin is a guy who is really on a clear path ... continuing to progress in his rehab and has a chance to ... probably play at some point in time," Bylsma said. "Other than that, it's not definitive for anyone else, as a plan."

To me that sounds like, "there's a timetable for Martin, none for anyone else." Doesn't neccessarilly mean he'll be back before anyone.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:43 PM   #270 (permalink)

Can't wait to see that scumbag Cooke get the #@#@#@#@ beat into him tonight.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:14 PM   #271 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
Ottawa should forget about Cooke and try to score some goals. Or they can keep taking stupid penalties. This game could be a blowout if they dont stop worrying about him.
crabbygraphs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:19 PM   #272 (permalink)

LETS GO PENSSS. That one time a year when us Ranger fans are Pens fans lol.
RBKSNIPZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:43 PM   #273 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
AHEM!!

Someone gets mad when Solt talks trash in a certain thread........:-)
Old 04-22-2013, 10:05 PM   #274 (permalink)

Tyler Kennedy continues to impress me with how much he sucks.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:58 PM   #275 (permalink)

Quote:
AHEM!!

Someone gets mad when Solt talks trash in a certain thread........:-)
Haha, yeah. I was thinking that going into posting here.

Seriously, though, not even the most staunch Penguins fan can support a guy like Cooke.