Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2013, 10:47 AM   #376 (permalink)

Everything that went right in Game 1 went wrong in Game 2.

It is absolutely amazing that the players were saying that after the way they handled the Isles on Game 1 that they may have taken them lightly for Game 2. WHAT??? After last year, they shouldn't be taking a U-18 team lightly!

Fleury was brilliant for about the first period and a half, but really - how many games has he played at the Consol, and yet he still doesn't know that the end boards are lively??? The tying and winning goals were both direct results of hard bounces off the end boards. He doesn't know this happens??? It's his HOME ARENA - you HAVE to know the boards!

They need to take one on the Island now - preferably on Sunday. And they better come to play, because now the Islanders believe they can win this series.
rippit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:46 PM   #377 (permalink)

Can't really blame the flower though... there were 20 shots on goal in the first period alone! The pens need to get back to the shut down defense they've been playing, and quit trying to have a scoring shootout.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:16 PM   #378 (permalink)

This game looked eerily similar to last year's playoffs. Tomorrow will dictate this series.
#1 Collection : Barrasso
#2 Collection : Ron Hextall
Other : Crosby, Wregget, Malkin
NEED RON HEXTALL SPGU LETTER MARKS!!!
ncm7772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:57 PM   #379 (permalink)

it was because crosby played they lost lol
howethegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:43 PM   #380 (permalink)

Where I still think the Pens will win this series in 5 or 6 games, I give alot of credit to my fellow Rhode Islander Jack Capuano the pride of Cranston RI (along with Vinny Paz)! His family still lives 'in the area' this, guy has his young team playing the type of hockey designed for the playoffs.

The Isles were the more aggressive team last night, and because of that 'hit anything that moves' style of play that took away the Pens finesse game. They banged the net and worked the corners very well, and after the 1st period carried the play.

The Pens will also go to a more 'rock em sock em' lineup for the next game on Long Island, and will have added success from their 3rd and 4th lines who will match up well with the Isles banger's IMO.

Last nights game was a testiment to playing a certain brand of hockey and staying with that blueprint. I don't like the unnecessary BS the Isles are doing after the whistle trying to 'bait' the Pens into stupid penalties, the refs need to clamp down on all that peripheral BS.
Old 05-04-2013, 03:10 PM   #381 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
I don't like the unnecessary BS the Isles are doing after the whistle trying to 'bait' the Pens into stupid penalties, the refs need to clamp down on all that peripheral BS.
If I was coaching a team going against the Pens, this would be my number one point of emphasis before every game - hit after the whistle, give face washes, yap, do anything possible to get them off their game. The refs never call it, and it usually works like a charm against the Pens because they end up retaliating and taking bad penalties. No one is better at it than the Flyers, but last night it looked like the Isles watched some tape of that debacle from last year.

The Pens were dominated - they didn't come to play and they paid for it. With all due respect to the Islanders, if the Pens lose this series it will be because they lost it, not because the Islanders won it.
rippit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:34 PM   #382 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippit View Post
If I was coaching a team going against the Pens, this would be my number one point of emphasis before every game - hit after the whistle, give face washes, yap, do anything possible to get them off their game. The refs never call it, and it usually works like a charm against the Pens because they end up retaliating and taking bad penalties. No one is better at it than the Flyers, but last night it looked like the Isles watched some tape of that debacle from last year.

The Pens were dominated - they didn't come to play and they paid for it. With all due respect to the Islanders, if the Pens lose this series it will be because they lost it, not because the Islanders won it.
I realize what Capuano has them doing and why, does not mean you have to like it though as I think afer EVERY whistle it losses it's purpose!

As far as IF the Isles win it, it will because the Pens lost it, I don't agree. Outside of 'cheap' or perhaps 'deflect' goals, if the Isles were to win I can assure you they will have earned it!. To defeat a team with as much talent as Pitt, would be one helluva job and one that was well deserved IMO!

If a team is going to give a series away in the playoffs, than maybe they just were not prepared enough to be there in the first place, and I know that 1st hand and stand by this comment 125 #@#@#@#@ing %!!.

Good luck as this has become an interesting series indeed, playoff hocket don't get any better than this,
Old 05-04-2013, 04:08 PM   #383 (permalink)

Malkin didn't practice today.
Old 05-04-2013, 06:45 PM   #384 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippit View Post
The Islanders didn't need any coaching to play like that. Other than the Flyers and the Canadiens, no team is better at getting under the opposition's skin than the Islanders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds433 View Post
Can't really blame the flower though... there were 20 shots on goal in the first period alone! The pens need to get back to the shut down defense they've been playing, and quit trying to have a scoring shootout.
Fleury seems to have problems with the shots rebounded off the glass. Its in his scouting report now. He's got to learn how to handle/react to this better.
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:59 AM   #385 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncm7772 View Post
Malkin didn't practice today.
That's actually good news......
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:30 PM   #386 (permalink)

Islanders showed up to play in Game 3.
longisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:31 PM   #387 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by longisland View Post
Islanders showed up to play in Game 3.
and Fleury didn't.... again.
ejs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:37 PM   #388 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejs23 View Post
and Fleury didn't.... again.
I see MAF at the end of the bench with a ball-cap on before this one is over. The playoffs are so freaking unpredictable, one night certain teams look unbeatable than next game pedestrian at best!

Penalties in the playoffs are suicide, especially against the Pens!!

Here is where Capuano has to pull his young team together!

Last edited by TASS; 05-05-2013 at 01:48 PM.
TASS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:47 PM   #389 (permalink)

You can usually complain about penalties, but both Streit & Hamonic's penalties were brain-dead. Hopefully the Islanders have learned their lesson about what Pittsburgh can do with the man advantage... man I hate the Penguins.
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
Old 05-05-2013, 01:47 PM   #390 (permalink)

Pens have tied it. Fleury's game to lose now.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:54 PM   #391 (permalink)

Dupuis scores, but the Isles are getting great chances still. This might end up 7-6.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:30 PM   #392 (permalink)

I was wondering if JT was going to do anything this series. I guess 3rd period of game 3 is best time if ever to start playing.
longisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 03:55 PM   #393 (permalink)

Anything can happen now. Here comes the ghost of David Volek folks!
Old 05-05-2013, 04:27 PM   #394 (permalink)

Before any Isles fans say anything, I agree that call in OT was questionable.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:41 PM   #395 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by longisland View Post
I was wondering if JT was going to do anything this series. I guess 3rd period of game 3 is best time if ever to start playing.
Fer realz? Just cause dude hadn't scored doesnt mean he hasn't played well. I thought he played well in Game 2 and the first 2 periods today.
Old 05-05-2013, 04:46 PM   #396 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncm7772 View Post
Before any Isles fans say anything, I agree that call in OT was questionable.
No it wasn't. Strait got smoked, he knew he got smoked, so he had take him down. End of story.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:05 PM   #397 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
No it wasn't. Strait got smoked, he knew he got smoked, so he had take him down. End of story.
I'd say it's a questionable OT playoff penalty, yes he did get smoked though.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:35 PM   #398 (permalink)

That is the thing about playoff hockey. You cannot do something that is questionable to put your self in the box and leave your team shorthanded.
crabbygraphs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:16 PM   #399 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbygraphs View Post
That is the thing about playoff hockey. You cannot do something that is questionable to put your self in the box and leave your team shorthanded.
Oh I agree. It's just people everywhere are crying about it, thought I'd weigh in my opinion.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:26 PM   #400 (permalink)

Strait is getting smoked everytime. He is having a hard time keep up. Thats what TK looks like when he is in the lineup. Was TK a scratch today to?
crabbygraphs is offline   Reply With Quote