Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 09:50 AM   #51 (permalink)
Member
 
ncm7772's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 1,046
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avjp87 View Post
my brother in law and my sister are going to the game, lucky sons a #@#@#@#@#@#@es
One of my best friend is, too. I couldn't pull it off with work, but we're going to the Pens/NYR 4/3. Should be another good game.
__________________
#1 Collection : Barrasso
#2 Collection : Ron Hextall
Other : Crosby, Wregget, Malkin
NEED RON HEXTALL SPGU LETTER MARKS!!!
ncm7772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:18 AM   #52 (permalink)
Member
 
crabbygraphs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: You kids are driving me to Dixmont
Posts: 866
Default

[QUOTE=ncm7772;4406411]Zach Boychuk has been waived. As bad as he was, he was still doing better than Tyler Kennedy. That guy needs to go. Yesterday.QUOTE]

They should have never drafted Kennedy. I get fired up every time he touches the puck and when he gets on the ice.
__________________
Collecting:
Pittsburgh Penguins game used/autographs
Pittsburgh Pirates game used/autographs
crabbygraphs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:01 AM   #53 (permalink)
Member
 
ncm7772's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 1,046
Default

[QUOTE=crabbygraphs;4406734]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncm7772 View Post
Zach Boychuk has been waived. As bad as he was, he was still doing better than Tyler Kennedy. That guy needs to go. Yesterday.QUOTE]

They should have never drafted Kennedy. I get fired up every time he touches the puck and when he gets on the ice.
Me too. He has had some good games over the years, but as we've found out this year, he's incapable of contributing without Jordan Staal. It makes me sick to my stomach that he's on the 2nd Power Play. Just one of the many bonehead personnel decisions made by that dirtbag DB.
__________________
#1 Collection : Barrasso
#2 Collection : Ron Hextall
Other : Crosby, Wregget, Malkin
NEED RON HEXTALL SPGU LETTER MARKS!!!
ncm7772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:06 AM   #54 (permalink)
Member
 
crabbygraphs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: You kids are driving me to Dixmont
Posts: 866
Default

I dont have a problem with DB. Every team always has that one player that is garbage and the Penguins have TK. I really thought he was going to do well. Dont get me wrong, he does score once in a blue moon but he makes some dumb plays. I really hope Shero can move him at some point. I would be content if the traded TK for a few new water bottles. That would even be an upgrade.
__________________
Collecting:
Pittsburgh Penguins game used/autographs
Pittsburgh Pirates game used/autographs
crabbygraphs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:20 PM   #55 (permalink)
Member
 
ncm7772's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 1,046
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbygraphs View Post
I would be content if the traded TK for a few new water bottles. That would even be an upgrade.
Yup, me too.
__________________
#1 Collection : Barrasso
#2 Collection : Ron Hextall
Other : Crosby, Wregget, Malkin
NEED RON HEXTALL SPGU LETTER MARKS!!!
ncm7772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:15 PM   #56 (permalink)
Member
 
ncm7772's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 1,046
Default

Prediction for tonight's game; Flyer over Pens 7-3. Just how it is, Pens can't beat Philly. Just need to hope Philly keeps losing and either misses the playoffs or just barely squeaks in.

Go Pens!!
__________________
#1 Collection : Barrasso
#2 Collection : Ron Hextall
Other : Crosby, Wregget, Malkin
NEED RON HEXTALL SPGU LETTER MARKS!!!
ncm7772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:02 PM   #57 (permalink)
Member
 
BostonNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 11,428
Default

Hehehe...

For some reason I find it HI-larious that Philly OWNS Pittsburgh...
__________________
Last edited by AP4MVP
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:08 PM   #58 (permalink)
Member
 
ncm7772's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 1,046
Default

At least my 7-3 prediction might come true.
__________________
#1 Collection : Barrasso
#2 Collection : Ron Hextall
Other : Crosby, Wregget, Malkin
NEED RON HEXTALL SPGU LETTER MARKS!!!
ncm7772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:22 PM   #59 (permalink)
Member
 
crabbygraphs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: You kids are driving me to Dixmont
Posts: 866
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncm7772 View Post
At least my 7-3 prediction might come true.
not anymore.
__________________
Collecting:
Pittsburgh Penguins game used/autographs
Pittsburgh Pirates game used/autographs
crabbygraphs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:43 PM   #60 (permalink)
Member
 
solt0131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 5,676
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
Hehehe...

For some reason I find it HI-larious that Philly OWNS Pittsburgh...
What was that?????
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:30 PM   #61 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,737
Default

ha, the only thing the Flyers own is the fact they haven't won a title in what, 37+ years now?

11-13-1 stellar stuff from this year

They have a lot of really good young talent though, but the problem will always be the guy between the pipes. They haven't had an allstar caliber goalie since when?
WalterAZ31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:35 PM   #62 (permalink)
Member
 
ncm7772's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 1,046
Default

Give the Pens credit. I was shocked at the way they played defense in the 2nd and 3rd. Man, that was a vintage MAF game right there. I hope this blasts Vokoun outta the slump he's in. Didn't face much, but was clutch in the 3rd. And Beau Bennett looked good tonight. If he keeps it up, I'll have to shut my mouth.
__________________
#1 Collection : Barrasso
#2 Collection : Ron Hextall
Other : Crosby, Wregget, Malkin
NEED RON HEXTALL SPGU LETTER MARKS!!!
ncm7772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:36 PM   #63 (permalink)
Member
 
ncm7772's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 1,046
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterAZ31 View Post
ha, the only thing the Flyers own is the fact they haven't won a title in what, 37+ years now?

11-13-1 stellar stuff from this year
Word. Last in the Atlantic right now! They'll find a way into the playoffs, though.
__________________
#1 Collection : Barrasso
#2 Collection : Ron Hextall
Other : Crosby, Wregget, Malkin
NEED RON HEXTALL SPGU LETTER MARKS!!!
ncm7772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:06 AM   #64 (permalink)
Member
 
solt0131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 5,676
Default

Man, how p*ssed were Flyer fans walking out of that arena last night. I'm surprised there wasn't another beatdown of an opposing teams fan like we saw with the kid with the Rangers jersey on.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:47 AM   #65 (permalink)
Member
 
ncm7772's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 1,046
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
Man, how p*ssed were Flyer fans walking out of that arena last night. I'm surprised there wasn't another beatdown of an opposing teams fan like we saw with the kid with the Rangers jersey on.
Oh, do tell.
__________________
#1 Collection : Barrasso
#2 Collection : Ron Hextall
Other : Crosby, Wregget, Malkin
NEED RON HEXTALL SPGU LETTER MARKS!!!
ncm7772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:20 AM   #66 (permalink)
Member
 
ncm7772's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 1,046
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
As for you guys...Holy crap Fleury. I can't see you guys going anywhere with him in goal. Maybe Vokoun can save you, because MAF certainly isn't to be relied on.
Ya know, it's been really frusterating as a Pens fan the last 3 season, as MAF has played poorly in the playoffs all 3 years. I do think his so-so stats are partly to blame of the teams D, which has never been great during his time here, but man, he just has too many bad games, and let's in WAY too many soft goals. He has had a good season so far. Although his stats are somewhat average, any Pens fan (or anyone who watches all of, or the majority of Pens games) will tell you that many goals he's allowed have been the result of abysmal D.

All goalies have a bad game here and there, but he is good for an atrocious game at least once every 7-8. Way too many for a starting NHL goalie. He makes some of the most athletic and impressive saves you'll ever see, then let's in goals that 5 of 8 mite goalies would stop. He is not nearly good enough to steal games more than 2-3 times a season, and is lucky that he plays behind one of the best offensive teams in the NHL.
__________________
#1 Collection : Barrasso
#2 Collection : Ron Hextall
Other : Crosby, Wregget, Malkin
NEED RON HEXTALL SPGU LETTER MARKS!!!
ncm7772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:34 AM   #67 (permalink)
Member
 
avjp87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 10,954
Send a message via AIM to avjp87
Default

well that was a sh!tstorm in every was possible.

Flyers stopped playing and the Penguins wiped the ice with their faces the rest of the night. Felury and Bryzgalov looked like absolute garbage.

But was anyone expecting something different then what took place?? I wasn't lol another showing of why it's the best rivarly going right now.
avjp87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:58 AM   #68 (permalink)
Member
 
ncm7772's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 1,046
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avjp87 View Post
well that was a sh!tstorm in every was possible.

Flyers stopped playing and the Penguins wiped the ice with their faces the rest of the night. Felury and Bryzgalov looked like absolute garbage.

But was anyone expecting something different then what took place?? I wasn't lol another showing of why it's the best rivarly going right now.
Yup, another gross game for fans of either team. Definately entertaining to watch, but they're also the most frusterating to watch.
__________________
#1 Collection : Barrasso
#2 Collection : Ron Hextall
Other : Crosby, Wregget, Malkin
NEED RON HEXTALL SPGU LETTER MARKS!!!
ncm7772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:36 AM   #69 (permalink)
Member
 
rippit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Monroeville, PA
Posts: 661
Default

NBC Sports should televise every game between these two, every year. No games are more entertaining than Pens-Flyers. And not just because of the physical play and cheap shots - no lead is ever safe.

On another note - what the hell is Disco Dan doing with the lineup? Okay, it worked last night, but I'm getting sick and tired of Vitale and Despres being healthy scratches. Vitale is physical, fast and an ace on faceoffs, and Despres is clearly a future stud - he has all the offensive skills you can want, plays a physical game and is BIG.
rippit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #70 (permalink)
Member
 
ncm7772's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 1,046
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippit View Post
On another note - what the hell is Disco Dan doing with the lineup? Okay, it worked last night, but I'm getting sick and tired of Vitale and Despres being healthy scratches. Vitale is physical, fast and an ace on faceoffs, and Despres is clearly a future stud - he has all the offensive skills you can want, plays a physical game and is BIG.
EXACTLY. As far as Vitale goes, I have no idea. Dustin Jeffrey ain't doin $h*t, so I don't know why.

I do know why Despres is being scratched: Eaton is Shero's boy.
__________________
#1 Collection : Barrasso
#2 Collection : Ron Hextall
Other : Crosby, Wregget, Malkin
NEED RON HEXTALL SPGU LETTER MARKS!!!
ncm7772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:47 PM   #71 (permalink)
Member
 
BostonNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 11,428
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
What was that?????
I said I find it HI-LARIOUS that neither Pittsburgh nor Philadelphia know how to play defense...
__________________
Last edited by AP4MVP
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:48 PM   #72 (permalink)
Member
 
BostonNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 11,428
Default

Meh...undisciplined playground hockey isn't exciting to me.

Give me a hard-nosed, grind it out, Bruins-Habs game any day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippit View Post
NBC Sports should televise every game between these two, every year. No games are more entertaining than Pens-Flyers. And not just because of the physical play and cheap shots - no lead is ever safe.

On another note - what the hell is Disco Dan doing with the lineup? Okay, it worked last night, but I'm getting sick and tired of Vitale and Despres being healthy scratches. Vitale is physical, fast and an ace on faceoffs, and Despres is clearly a future stud - he has all the offensive skills you can want, plays a physical game and is BIG.
__________________
Last edited by AP4MVP
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:07 PM   #73 (permalink)
Member
 
rippit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Monroeville, PA
Posts: 661
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
Meh...undisciplined playground hockey isn't exciting to me.

Give me a hard-nosed, grind it out, Bruins-Habs game any day...
They know how to play defense, they just choose not to .

I don't mind pond hockey as long as there's physical play involved too. Admittedly, I'm biased, being a Pens fan and all. And I'll also admit that it's hard for a game to be much more entertaining than the last Habs-Hubs game. I definitely wouldn't consider that a "grind-it-out" game, and I mean that in a positive sense. To me, grind it out means trapping, hooking, holding and interfering. Like any game Nashville plays in.
rippit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:57 PM   #74 (permalink)
Member
 
ncm7772's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 1,046
Default

Pens showed they CAN play defense, as evidences by periods 2-3 last night. It makes me absolutely sick to my stomach though, that they CHOOSE not to, and they're coach doesn't MAKE them. This is why the team can't win in the playoffs.
__________________
#1 Collection : Barrasso
#2 Collection : Ron Hextall
Other : Crosby, Wregget, Malkin
NEED RON HEXTALL SPGU LETTER MARKS!!!
ncm7772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:14 PM   #75 (permalink)
Member
 
rippit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Monroeville, PA
Posts: 661
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncm7772 View Post
EXACTLY. As far as Vitale goes, I have no idea. Dustin Jeffrey ain't doin $h*t, so I don't know why.

I do know why Despres is being scratched: Eaton is Shero's boy.
Actually, I've been pleasantly surprised by Eaton's play since he signed - he's been solid. Niskanen is the one who should be sitting - he's been terrible this year. I'd say Engelland would be a candidate for the press box, but he's our only heavyweight fighter. With Brooks playing smarter positional hockey but not hitting as much (which I'm fine with BTW), he also brings some much needed toughness (in a hitting/clearing the crease sense) to the defense corps.
rippit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.