Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2013, 05:29 PM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
Man, how p*ssed were Flyer fans walking out of that arena last night. I'm surprised there wasn't another beatdown of an opposing teams fan like we saw with the kid with the Rangers jersey on.
I don't mind if you ignore me (and by consequence, ignore your cowardly behavior), but at least don't be a liar to further your hatred of Philadelphia (there's plenty of actual stuff that you could cite that would help further your agenda).

The "beatdown" took place outside a steak place nowhere related to the stadium and was on a fully grown man, not a kid. With that said, I believe the guy who did it got jail time and rightfully so.

In summary, you are a coward and I still would pray that the Flyers don't make the playoffs, if I'm the Pens. You know what happens when the Pens have "home ice advantage"
Old 03-08-2013, 05:40 PM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippit View Post
Actually, I've been pleasantly surprised by Eaton's play since he signed - he's been solid. Niskanen is the one who should be sitting - he's been terrible this year. I'd say Engelland would be a candidate for the press box, but he's our only heavyweight fighter. With Brooks playing smarter positional hockey but not hitting as much (which I'm fine with BTW), he also brings some much needed toughness (in a hitting/clearing the crease sense) to the defense corps.
Good call, man. I've been completely fine with how Eaton has played. He's been as good as Despres defensively (albeit its only been 3 games, things can change), but obviously can't contribute offensively the way Despres can. I'm ok with either of them. Niskanen should be sitting, you're right! I don't like benching Engellend. True, he's not their best D-man, but you're right, they need his fighting skills. Lol, sounds like I'm your broken record. Orpik though, I find agree with. He was solid the first quarter or do, but had sucked as of late. He's not as physical as he used to be, but he shouldn't be benched. Wish he'd step up and be a leader DURING the damn game instead of the post game interview. Overall though, defense has sucked, and changes needs to be made.
#1 Collection : Barrasso
#2 Collection : Ron Hextall
Other : Crosby, Wregget, Malkin
NEED RON HEXTALL SPGU LETTER MARKS!!!
ncm7772 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:28 AM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
I don't mind if you ignore me (and by consequence, ignore your cowardly behavior), but at least don't be a liar to further your hatred of Philadelphia (there's plenty of actual stuff that you could cite that would help further your agenda).

The "beatdown" took place outside a steak place nowhere related to the stadium and was on a fully grown man, not a kid. With that said, I believe the guy who did it got jail time and rightfully so.

In summary, you are a coward and I still would pray that the Flyers don't make the playoffs, if I'm the Pens. You know what happens when the Pens have "home ice advantage"
This is the type of frustration you experience when your team hasn't won since 1975.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:52 PM   #79 (permalink)

Pittsburgh is a disgrace to the league. If you need an explanation, pm me. I see what flyers fans mean. Its ridiculous the crap that goes their way.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:30 AM   #80 (permalink)

Pens blow another lead but pick up an important 2 points in Toronto. They gotta do something about the PK, it's terrible.

Man, that building was absolutely crazy once the Leafs tied it. Such amazing atmosphere. Would've loved to have been there.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:33 AM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post

:
Anyone who engages in crap like that should be jailed. I'm an absolute die hard Pens fan, but I couldn't even imagin wafting my time fighting about it, let alone attacking someone. Good to hear it wasn't a kid, though.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:52 AM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncm7772 View Post
Pens blow another lead but pick up an important 2 points in Toronto. They gotta do something about the PK, it's terrible.

Man, that building was absolutely crazy once the Leafs tied it. Such amazing atmosphere. Would've loved to have been there.
The Leafs always sell out, but when they do well the building goes absolutely nuts.

Back around 10 years ago in the playoffs, the crowd noise would drown out the goal horn and song. Nice to see the crowd back to the days of old.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:28 AM   #83 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Nick2317 Send a message via Yahoo to Nick2317

Wow someone fails to mention about 15 years ago some Leaf fans beating on the Penguins tv announcer Mike Lange outside of a place in toronto .....so yea
Nick2317 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:47 AM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick2317 View Post
Wow someone fails to mention about 15 years ago some Leaf fans beating on the Penguins tv announcer Mike Lange outside of a place in toronto .....so yea
Can't tell if this is directed at me or not, so:

A: what does that have to do with anything, and

B: what are you trying to prove?

If this isn't directed at me, well, disregard this comment
Old 03-10-2013, 08:31 PM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
Pittsburgh is a disgrace to the league. If you need an explanation, pm me. I see what flyers fans mean. Its ridiculous the crap that goes their way.
I know, I'm surprised the refs and NHL didn't award that game to Toronto being that it was IN Toronto! NHL = Epic Fail.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:43 PM   #86 (permalink)

By the way, the refs are just handing this game to the Pens tonight and calling everything on the Islanders and nothing on the Pens. It's a disgrace to hockey.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:47 PM   #87 (permalink)

Good game tonight. Best thing that came out of this game was only 1 allowed.

Hat trick for Kunitz and 5 helpers for Sid was nice, too.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:13 AM   #88 (permalink)

Malkin out 1-2 weeks with an "upper body injury". I don't trust anything that scumbag DB says about injuries after the Crosby debacle.

Let's hope it really is just 1-2 weeks. I also wouldn't be suprised if it were concussion symptoms. I agree with the many people who've that it's better for this to happen now rather than later, but this is not a good sign. Goaltending and defense now REALLY need to step up. We all know it won't, so this could be a rough 2 weeks. Let's look at the schedule:

3/12 : vs Boston (W: 3-2)
3/14 : @ Toronto (W: 3-1)
3/16 : vs NYR (W: 3-0)
3/17 : vs Boston (W: 2-1)
3/19 : vs Washington (W: 2-1)
3/22 : @ NYI (W: 4-2)
3/24 : vs Flyers (W: 2-1 OT)
3/26 : vs Habs (W: 1-0)

Lot of big games in that stretch. This worries me.

03/29 EDIT: No biggie, Pens go 8-0 in the games Geno misses :-)

Last edited by ncm7772; 03-29-2013 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Update
Old 03-11-2013, 09:21 AM   #89 (permalink)

I still say they need a better stay at home defenseman and a grinder 3rd line winger to replace TK at the deadline. Guess the refs couldn't do much for the Islanders last night.....
Old 03-11-2013, 09:56 AM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
I still say they need a better stay at home defenseman and a grinder 3rd line winger to replace TK at the deadline.
Agreed on both. I'd say the stay at home D-Man is the bigger issue. The Pens could partly solve that if they simply grab their sac and played defense every game, not just for 2 periods after being down by 3 goals.

TK has been discussed everywhere. As abysmal as he is, unfortunately, I see him staying. Furthermore, I can't even fathom why that POS is on the 2nd PP. Another insight into Dan Byslma's infinite wisdom.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:12 PM   #91 (permalink)

Quote:
I still say they need a better stay at home defenseman and a grinder 3rd line winger to replace TK at the deadline. Guess the refs couldn't do much for the Islanders last night.....
Where a 'stay at home' defenseman would be an upgrade from the current cast of characters, what Pitt. really needs to do is a better job back checking with 'ALL' their forwards involved.

The games I have seen where the Pens and opponent score 5+ goals stems from the fact there is hardly any attempt to force a turnover in the neutral zone!

Looking forward to the game vs. Boston on Tue. night, would have liked to see Malkin but as a B's fan can't say I'm too disappointed.
TASS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:15 PM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
Where a 'stay at home' defenseman would be an upgrade from the current cast of characters, what Pitt. really needs to do is a better job back checking with 'ALL' their forwards involved.

The games I have seen where the Pens and opponent score 5+ goals stems from the fact there is hardly any attempt to force a turnover in the neutral zone!
That's true. I also think that a lot of their defensive woes could be solved by effort. They busted their butt's defensively vs Philly in periods 2+3 last week, and shut them down for the most part. And as I've said before, I get so pi$$ed that they don't do this ALL the time.

Also true about the neutral zone. Because the Pens play "down low" a lot, if a team makes a nice breakout, the forwards really have to bust ass to get back. Sometimes they do, many times, they don't. Again, effort.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:00 PM   #93 (permalink)

Quote:
Malkin out 1-2 weeks with an "upper body injury". I don't trust anything that scumbag says about injuries after the Crosby debacle.
I'm slightly confused here. Who is this scumbag to which you refer?

Completed the 1971 Topps set!
Currently working on the 1969 and 1970 sets
mthokie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:21 PM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthokie83 View Post
I'm slightly confused here. Who is this scumbag to which you refer?
Danny B, of course .
Old 03-12-2013, 11:09 PM   #95 (permalink)

That's the way to not quit! Friggin weird, I texted my buddy halfway through the 3rd, saying Sutter was invisible for 3 games.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:57 AM   #96 (permalink)

I was there - that's the loudest I've ever heard that building. What a comeback. I know the B's played the night before and I know they started their backup goalie, but seriously, that kid was tough. I don't think Rask could have played any better for the first 53 minutes.
rippit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:25 AM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:
I was there - that's the loudest I've ever heard that building. What a comeback. I know the B's played the night before and I know they started their backup goalie, but seriously, that kid was tough. I don't think Rask could have played any better for the first 53 minutes.
Must've been awesome to be there. You're spot on with AK, he was solid. Sutter's goal weren't the best, but they weren't garbage, and most goalies would've let Kunitz's goal.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:00 AM   #98 (permalink)

Quote:
Danny B, of course .
I've been meaning to ask you this - why do you keep calling DB a scumbag? I'm not challenging you, I'm just wondering if there's something about him I'm missing. I'm not a big fan of his "coaching" but he comes across as a decent enough guy.
rippit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:29 AM   #99 (permalink)

I just noticed this thread.

Are any of you guys going to the Neal, Letang, Dupuis, & Despres signing tomorrow night or the Malkin signing on Monday?
Old 03-14-2013, 01:30 PM   #100 (permalink)

Quote:
I've been meaning to ask you this - why do you keep calling DB a scumbag? I'm not challenging you, I'm just wondering if there's something about him I'm missing. I'm not a big fan of his "coaching" but he comes across as a decent enough guy.
Nah, I don't actually think he's a scumbag. I just really, strongly dislike him as a coach for many reasons, and I don't trust anything he or the organization says about injuries after the way thru handled Sid's concussion.