Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 09:41 PM   #101 (permalink)

Nice win tonight (again) by the Pens. Anyone know what the Flyers did tonight???
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:42 PM   #102 (permalink)

Couldn't watch, am at a Soilwork concert in Albany, but hell yeah!! Again, way to not quit!!!!
#1 Collection : Barrasso
#2 Collection : Ron Hextall
Other : Crosby, Wregget, Malkin
NEED RON HEXTALL SPGU LETTER MARKS!!!
ncm7772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:56 AM   #103 (permalink)

I watched the game on Gamecenter last night. The defense looked flat the first two periods but stepped it up in the third. Depres really looks lost out there. Fleury played well and the Kunitz, Crosby, Dupuis line is playing well right now. They just need to keep it up and stay out of the box. Also if they keep Kennedy and Vokoun off the ice that would help.
crabbygraphs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:23 AM   #104 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbygraphs View Post
I watched the game on Gamecenter last night. The defense looked flat the first two periods but stepped it up in the third. Depres really looks lost out there. Fleury played well and the Kunitz, Crosby, Dupuis line is playing well right now. They just need to keep it up and stay out of the box. Also if they keep Kennedy and Vokoun off the ice that would help.
Despres had a bit of an off game, but he looked far from lost. That kid needs to stay in the lineup and take his lumps, just like Letang did. I don't get why he sits against "physical" teams when he's 6'4" 220 and lights people up with hits (that open ice hit he threw last night was a thing of beauty). Maybe that has changed now since he played against Toronto, unless Disco doesn't consider them a physical team, even though they are. Any Randy Carlyle coached team is gonna be physical.

I'm on board with the rest of what you said, especially about TK. But you have to play Vokoun here and there to give Fleury some rest. If it costs us a few games and a few spots in the standings, who cares? Pens play on the road just as well (sometimes better) than they play at home. Just make sure Fleury is fresh for the playoffs. Wash him with Downy or something.
rippit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:01 AM   #105 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
LOL...of course solt the fair-weathered only pops his head out after the win. So typical

And you...seriously, did Philly rape your sister or something? Your obsession with Philly is just sad and pathetic. Do you even watch hockey or just masturbate excessively when you see a Philly team has lost?

And someone who is a respectable fan....

I definitely give the Pens credit. After the 1st period, the flyers were completely out-played and out-worked. Awful to give up a lead like that, but it is not at all shocking with the team this year. They are just average (as their record shows). With all the (young) talent that they have, I'm not too worried in the long-term, but I don't anticipate anything but a decently good draft pick, as a result of this year.

As for you guys...Holy crap Fleury. I can't see you guys going anywhere with him in goal. Maybe Vokoun can save you, because MAF certainly isn't to be relied on.
its quite hilarious how obsessed you are with everything i post. And by the way, it was reported to the mods. Grow up

have a great weekend
WalterAZ31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:55 AM   #106 (permalink)

Don't worry Walter, you don't have to worry about hearing from any of the Flyers fans anyway. They have seem to become "MIA" on here since the Flyers started off so poorly.
Old 03-16-2013, 09:49 AM   #107 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to avjp87

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
Don't worry Walter, you don't have to worry about hearing from any of the Flyers fans anyway. They have seem to become "MIA" on here since the Flyers started off so poorly.
pot, meet kettle
avjp87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:19 PM   #108 (permalink)
Banned

Penguins handle the Rangers with ease today. Boston will be a tough game, but hope we come out of it a head. Duper continues to play great along with a bunch of players. It awesome to see Sid play so well, and it brings the best out of all the other players.
cardboardkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:01 AM   #109 (permalink)

Pens are a better team without Malkin in the lineup. Highly doubtful the streak continues today as that team from New England will be amped up to play.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:18 AM   #110 (permalink)

Quote:
Pens are a better team without Malkin in the lineup. Highly doubtful the streak continues today as that team from New England will be amped up to play.
Games on National TV. The Pens always play well when they are on NBC. I think the Pens win but it will be close.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:14 PM   #111 (permalink)

Another solid defensive game by Pittsburgh. I think they gave up a little too much o-zone time to the B's, but Vokoun bailed them out when he had to. What I really loved though, is the play in front of our own net. Clearing rebounds, moving people out, not allowing opponents to claim residency. Good stuff.

Let's hope Letang is ok. And hopefully Geno will be back for Philly next Sunday. My only concern though, is will start being lazy on defense again? That happened last season when Sid came back. When he was out, the team played good defense for the most part. In Malkin's absence, the defensive play has been great. REALLY hope they learned their lesson from last year.

Only 5 goals allowed in 5 games. For anyone, Pittsburgh especially, that's phenomenal.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:57 PM   #112 (permalink)

Guess I was wrong (first time) - the Pens are better than the Bruins.

Hey Bruins fans - You lost to Tomas Vokoun! HAHA!
Old 03-17-2013, 08:15 PM   #113 (permalink)

Quote:

Hey Bruins fans - You lost to Tomas Vokoun! HAHA!
I don't see the shame in that. He had two awful games (where he had no help from his teammates defensively), and other than that, has been mostly solid this season. I'm not excusing said awful games, but I don't see the shame in losing to Tomas Vokoun.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:26 PM   #114 (permalink)

Malkin may play Friday they're now saying, but I wouldn't mind them resting him till Sunday vs Philly.

Letang is out tonight, still awaiting an official statement from the team. Apparently the Pens radio reported he "reaggravated a groin injury". I love how the NHL is allowed to simply say "lower body inury" on the report, instead of the actual injury. Pisses me off. Groins are like hamstrings, they can take forever to heal. Just have to hope it's just a minor strain and not something more severe.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:04 PM   #115 (permalink)

Penguins are playing some good hockey right now. That place sounded loud.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:11 PM   #116 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

Quote:
That place sounded loud.
cause the crapitals were in town
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." -QB John Elway On Jack Lambert(1983)
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:20 PM   #117 (permalink)

What a 4 minute kill, and great poise to score the winner. 10 in a row!

Man, still can't believe the improvement in defense. I realize MAF was outstanding tonight, but only 6 goals allowed in 6 games.

A well deserved and needed 2 days off. Hope to see Malkin back Friday, but ONLY if he's ready. I say screw it, just rest Letang.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:48 PM   #118 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by avjp87 View Post
ok?????

The penguins have surpassed the cowboys in my book for most hated at the moment
Oh so you live near philly huh? I live in Dolyestown Pa. We should talk sports sometime, I am the biggest Dallas "America's Team" Football Cowboys Fan and a HUGE Pittsburgh Penguins fan. Would love to hear what you got to say and any others that want to join in. On that note. Pens win tonight over Caps, win streak up to 10 games and Sid's streak continues of him being the best Hockey Player on the Planet!! So Go Pens and soon the Boys will draft some heavy hitters to take care of the Eagles again in 2013 and so on. But hit me up Im Jon and would really love to hear your stories about the Philadelphia sports programs. thank you for your time kind sir
cardboardkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:10 AM   #119 (permalink)

Malkin status still unknown for Friday. Would love to see him, but I'd be completely fine with him being rested until Sunday vs Philly.

Letang is "day-to-day". Typically a good sign, but with the way the Pens organization handles injuries with the media, I'm not sure how he's doing.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:31 PM   #120 (permalink)

11 in a row.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:43 AM   #121 (permalink)

Quote:
11 in a row.
And not a peep from any Flyer or Bruin fan. While the Pens are winning, those guys won't say a word on this board about anything hockey. Which is the big difference between talking hockey on here and talking hockey on Hobby Insider.
Old 03-23-2013, 03:56 PM   #122 (permalink)

Tomas Vokoun deserves hassle-free sex with all 19 of his dressed teammates wives or girlfriends after last night's game. Man, he was solid. 4 straight solid games from him, let's hope it continues.

Team was BADLY outplayed in the first period, and other than a vintage Pens-like effort that led to NYI's second goal, they didn't play badly. Still though, can't have periods like that.

I'm feeling an epic Fleury meltdown tommorrow night vs Philly. Prediction : 6-4 Flyers, with MAF being pulled after allowing 4 goals between 2nd half of the first, and 1st half of the second.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:40 AM   #123 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Fleurycup09

Why is everyone so down on MAF. DO we all forget the man won a Cup? Fleury may not be a shutdown lights out goalie but he fits Pit perfectly. He makes big saves when needed and the Pens are so high scoring that they can afford for him to let in a few softies a game.

One thing I will say is they should put him on a 3 foot leash in the net because EVERYTIME he leaves to play the puck its an automatic scoring chance for the opponent. How has he not learned to play a puck in all his time in the NHL is beyond me.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:35 PM   #124 (permalink)

Pens acquire Brendan Morrow from the Stars for Joe Morrow and they swap picks.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:05 PM   #125 (permalink)

Oh my, what a rocket.....12 in a row. Geez.
Oilers1980 is offline   Reply With Quote