Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 02:41 PM   #201 (permalink)

Jussi Jokinen. Center, excellent on faceoffs, just cleared waivers last month. Signed through next year at $3 million/season, but the Canes are picking up some of his salary. Not sure I understand this one - I'd like him better as a rental. Unless it means this is TK's last year as a Pen. Well, if nothing else he'll give them some more depth at center while Crosby recovers. And Shero has earned the benefit of the doubt (Pens only gave up a conditional draft pick).
rippit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:57 PM   #202 (permalink)

Hopefully Shero can work a trade and get TK out of Pittsburgh before the deadline.
crabbygraphs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:11 PM   #203 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbygraphs View Post
Hopefully Shero can work a trade and get TK out of Pittsburgh before the deadline.
That would pretty much wrap up GM of the Year for him.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:36 PM   #204 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippit View Post
That would pretty much wrap up GM of the Year for him.
I would be happy if he trades him for a half eaten Snickers with no wrapper. That would help out the team more than TK does.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:24 PM   #205 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbygraphs View Post
I would be happy if he trades him for a half eaten Snickers with no wrapper. That would help out the team more than TK does.
I love it!!!
#1 Collection : Barrasso
#2 Collection : Ron Hextall
Other : Crosby, Wregget, Malkin
NEED RON HEXTALL SPGU LETTER MARKS!!!
ncm7772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:11 PM   #206 (permalink)

Little quite over here tonight, you guy's are working on another streak!
Old 04-03-2013, 10:49 PM   #207 (permalink)

The only streak they are working on is a streak in their pants. They are crapping the bed right now. I know they cannot win them all but atleast make it close.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:23 AM   #208 (permalink)

exactly. it's not that they lost (no one expected them to go undefeated the rest of the season), it's how they are losing.

someone needs to wake up Malkin.

this is ugly.
ejs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:40 AM   #209 (permalink)

I feel fleury let you guys down tonight and the same goes for Vokoun last night. Suprised we destroyed you guys tonight.
RBKSNIPZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:43 AM   #210 (permalink)

This is the ultimate roller coaster team. Can beat anyone, can lose to anyone.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:00 AM   #211 (permalink)

Everyone needs to calm down - it's TWO GAMES! It's a slump - all teams have them. The Blackhawks just went through a stretch where they lost 3 out of 4 and gave up 4 goals in one game and 5 goals in another. We have three new players who aren't used to playing with the team and with 3 games in 5 days there hasn't been much time to get them used to the system. We were missing the best player in the league and 3 of our top 6 defensemen, including our best stay-at-home defenseman (yes, I'm talking about Eaton). They'll be fine - it's a rough patch. And let me say this again, like I've said it in my previous posts - I'm NOT engraving their names on the Cup yet and I haven't throughout the winning streak either. So all of that being said...

EJ, you're dead-on - Malkin needs to wake the F up. I'm getting really p!ssed off watching him do his sweep/poke check attempt in the neutral zone and miss and leave the defensemen with a 3 on 2 against. He did that at least 3 times last night. Bylsma has to put a stop to it.

I don't care how depleted the defense corps is, DO NOT play Orpik and Murray together. They both want to play the same side and they instinctively go to that side. Break 'em up.

They miss Martin WAAAAY more than I thought they would.

Eaton should be back in a game or two and so should Letang. Remember, the defense started to stabilize when Eaton started to play, because it allowed everyone to slide into their proper roles - you didn't have a #3 or #4 D trying to play as a #1 or #2. Which brings me to...

Niskanen has been AWFUL since Letang went out. He's a good #4 D, but asking him to play as a #2 is just asking too much, and right now you could say they're asking him to play as a #1. I've been a little down on him all year, and he's been even worse the past few games.

Bench Engelland. This hurts to say because he's been one of my favorite Pens for a while, but he really doesn't bring anything to the lineup but toughness. With Murray, Morrow and Iginla added they have more than enough toughness now.

Stop the stupid penalties!!! Cooke, Kunitz, and of course the king of bad penalties, Neal. 90% of them seem to be in the neutral zone or the offensive zone, which means they're TOTALLY unnecessary. Please. Make. It. Stop.

And finally, get Iginla off the point on the power play. He hardly ever played their in Calgary, and he's just not good at it. He's a power forward - play him down low where he can do his best work.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:53 PM   #212 (permalink)

What a bummer of a game to go to. While these two games have been terrible in both effort and execution, it's just that: 2 games. So funny to see all these idiots talking noise about the Pens. Pretty sure they just won 15 in a row.

On a less positive note, this streak NEEDS to stop. Chemistry with the new players needs to start. And let's hope we see Letang back.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:00 PM   #213 (permalink)

Pens defeat NYR in a SO, 2-1. Pens lose another player to injury with Neal, an obvious concussion. Man, this team has the worst luck with injuries. Not getting past the 1st round. Nothing against the team, but noone can win in the playoffs with so many quality players out. If it were 3rd and 4th liners, it might be different.

Wonder how many NYR fans will hijack this thread to whine.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:22 PM   #214 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncm7772 View Post
Pens defeat NYR in a SO, 2-1. Pens lose another player to injury with Neal, an obvious concussion. Man, this team has the worst luck with injuries. Not getting past the 1st round. Nothing against the team, but noone can win in the playoffs with so many quality players out. If it were 3rd and 4th liners, it might be different.

Wonder how many NYR fans will hijack this thread to whine.
Whoa, slow down there buddy!

I'm not liking the injury bug here very much either, but Letang should be back on Tuesday, and there's no guarantee that Neal has a concussion - he took one on the chin and got knocked the f out so he'll have to go through all the protocols, but a concussion isn't a given. And even if it is, I'm not ready to write this team off just yet. Assuming (and hoping for) no additional injuries, the Pens MAY have to play their first round series without Martin (definitely out), Neal (possibly out) and Crosby (assuming the worst on that one, but he should be back). I think they can win a series against an 8 seed with that lineup. And IF they can win the first round series, everyone except possibly Neal (if he does have a concussion) would be back for round two.

I'm far from a "Pens are going all the way!!!" front-runner. But the way they're playing D right now and the way Fleury has played most of the season, I still like their chances.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:33 PM   #215 (permalink)

Love your optimism, man. I just can't be, personally. But no matter what happens, I'll continue to support the team no matter what happens.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:37 PM   #216 (permalink)

That was a great game! Both goalies played awesome!
All I have to say is Cooke is a moron and I hope someone knocks him out, wtf did Lundqvist ever do to him lol? What's the excuse for that one haha?

Hope we meet in the first round, it would be a great series!
RBKSNIPZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:38 AM   #217 (permalink)

Quote:
They miss Martin WAAAAY more than I thought they would.

Stop the stupid penalties!!! Cooke, Kunitz, and of course the king of bad penalties, Neal. 90% of them seem to be in the neutral zone or the offensive zone, which means they're TOTALLY unnecessary. Please. Make. It. Stop.
great analysis all the way through.

definitely agreed on Martin. i'll have to admit i haven't been that high on him but his absence is proving his worth.

and you're right on, they're killing themselves with dumb penalties. Cookie needs to play a little smarter.

all that being said, i'm with you on this team. wasn't ready to crown them even during their streak... but not giving up on them either.

i still have hope that Malkin will step up like we know he can. and with Letang coming back, Crosby hopefully healing and our new guys getting in sync... there's hope.

this is an opportunity for them to prove what they got.
Old 04-06-2013, 05:39 AM   #218 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
This is the ultimate roller coaster team. Can beat anyone, can lose to anyone.
that's too funny... and so true!
Old 04-06-2013, 10:14 AM   #219 (permalink)

I love the nastiness that's been infused into this rivalry over the past few meetings - they really seem to hate each other. Not quite as belligerent as Pens-Flyers but it's getting there. A first round series would be great, but I'm a little more nervous about handling the "new" Rangers (post-trade deadline) than I was about handling the "old" Rangers. I think I'd prefer avoiding them in the first round. Unless Hank is hurt, in which case, bring 'em on! He seemed to tweak something during the shootout.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:19 AM   #220 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncm7772 View Post
Love your optimism, man. I just can't be, personally. But no matter what happens, I'll continue to support the team no matter what happens.
It's not blind optimism like last year, when they were winning but still giving up a lot of goals. This team finally seems to "get it" defensively.

My biggest concern is this: the Pens seem to go off the rails if a team or player targets Crosby or Malkin. Standing up for your teammates is all well and good, but you can't take stupid penalties while doing it. If I was coaching the opposing team, that would be the #1 point on my scouting report - run those two from the first shift of the first game and watch the Pens implode while they try to retaliate.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:37 AM   #221 (permalink)

Quote:
I love the nastiness that's been infused into this rivalry over the past few meetings - they really seem to hate each other. Not quite as belligerent as Pens-Flyers but it's getting there. A first round series would be great, but I'm a little more nervous about handling the "new" Rangers (post-trade deadline) than I was about handling the "old" Rangers. I think I'd prefer avoiding them in the first round. Unless Hank is hurt, in which case, bring 'em on! He seemed to tweak something during the shootout.
Agreed. They're much better since they made those moves. If the Pens are healthy though, bring the Rags on in the first round. If they're as injured as they are now, then it will probably go down to the wire.

Hank said he tweaked his hammie, but said he'd be ok for tonight. A little surprised, because if he actually strained it, even slightly, it's going to take more than overnight to heal. Hope he's ok. I never wish for injury to opponents, plus he's a nice guy and hell of a goalie.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:04 AM   #222 (permalink)

There may be reports today surface that Sidney Crosby is out for the remainder of the regular season and all of the playoffs. I'm hearing it already from a few people who have Pens insider reports......
Old 04-07-2013, 11:27 AM   #223 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
There may be reports today surface that Sidney Crosby is out for the remainder of the regular season and all of the playoffs. I'm hearing it already from a few people who have Pens insider reports......
One of my co-worker last night said Sid is going to be out for sometime, longer than expected. His source is his friend who is best friends for GM RS.

I personally think it's a safety precaution and a ploy by GM RS to sign Iginla for next year...

People will just have to step up. *Insert a Mark Madden hate quote on Geno Here* and will just have to get it done without our Captain.

If this team got to 100% for the playoffs, it would be deadly. As we sit now, I'm content and hopeful
HeyFitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:32 AM   #224 (permalink)

Where there is smoke, there is fire. Something is going to break today.

This is HUGE news for Bruins and Candiens fans as they now will be the favorites in the East.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:50 AM   #225 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Nick2317 Send a message via Yahoo to Nick2317

News broke last nite he cant start skating til the screws set in his jaw ......other than that hes fine no concussion no nothing hes already had a few teeth fixed and only has one more dental procedure needed
Nick2317 is offline   Reply With Quote