Blowout Cards Forums
Re-Pack Attack

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2009, 11:08 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default James Neal's hit on Dorsett last night

I don't think I've even seen someone drop like Dorsett dropped. He was out on his feet but the way he goes down made it look like a bad acting job. He clearly wasn't but I've never seen anyone go down in parts like that. Don't have a link but I'm sure it will be on youtube or something. That was just stupid on Neal's part.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:12 AM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

YouTube - James Neal Dallas Stars Hit on Derek Dorsett Nov 19, 2009

Bad move on Neal's part. Wonder how many games he will get for it.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:18 AM   #3 (permalink)

I think he'll get a break because he is James Neal and not Steve Ott but I'd give him 5. If Dorsett doesn't get hurt its probably just 2 minutes for boarding but he took a run at a guy with his face to the boards which was really stupid.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:49 PM   #4 (permalink)

Stupid hit. Look at Neal's path to the boards. Then watch Dorsett until he gets hit. There is no possible way that Neal could've not been looking at the numbers on his back from the middle of the ice until he popped him. 20 games. That is tracking. That's the stuff they keep saying they want to get rid of. They should do the right thing and send the message that they keep saying they're sending with those piddly 3-5 game suspensions.
PatsCards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

How was this a bad hit? He didn't leave his feet for the hit...he hit him on the shoulder, Dorsett was turning towards Neal. It wasn't a hard hit...just the angle of the hit was bad. It's hockey people...your head will get hit against the board...it's physics (Newton's laws of motion).

Yes it's too bad Dorsett got knocked out...but it wasn't a bad hit. Come on...I've seen much worse hits and cheaper shots...they were ALL FIGHTING FOR THE PUCK!
John91C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 07:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host

2 game suspension according to NHL Home Ice

The problem is that everybody tries to rip everybody off!
MrSnyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:09 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John91C View Post
How was this a bad hit? He didn't leave his feet for the hit...he hit him on the shoulder, Dorsett was turning towards Neal. It wasn't a hard hit...just the angle of the hit was bad. It's hockey people...your head will get hit against the board...it's physics (Newton's laws of motion).

Yes it's too bad Dorsett got knocked out...but it wasn't a bad hit. Come on...I've seen much worse hits and cheaper shots...they were ALL FIGHTING FOR THE PUCK!
The hit was bad because Dorsett had his back to Neal the entire time Neal was coming across the ice to join the scrum. Neal should never have touched him because of that. IF YOU SEE THE NUMBERS DON'T HIT. It's that simple.
Old 11-21-2009, 07:55 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsCards View Post
The hit was bad because Dorsett had his back to Neal the entire time Neal was coming across the ice to join the scrum. Neal should never have touched him because of that. IF YOU SEE THE NUMBERS DON'T HIT. It's that simple.
Have you ever played? Ever? The Blue Jackets and in particular Dorsett were after Neal the whole game, probably because of the Brassard incident last year.

Tempers flare, it wasn't a head hit, and WTF was Dorsett looking at? He was looking away from the play why?

It looks worse because Dorsett was trying to pick a fight with Neal but why should Dallas' best player drop the gloves with a fourth liner? Its ridiculous.

The NHL should either make the head hit illegal or not, but this 50/50 crap is for the birds.
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:20 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraandMelliesDaddy View Post
Have you ever played? Ever? The Blue Jackets and in particular Dorsett were after Neal the whole game, probably because of the Brassard incident last year.

Tempers flare, it wasn't a head hit, and WTF was Dorsett looking at? He was looking away from the play why?

It looks worse because Dorsett was trying to pick a fight with Neal but why should Dallas' best player drop the gloves with a fourth liner? Its ridiculous.

The NHL should either make the head hit illegal or not, but this 50/50 crap is for the birds.
Had his back to the play? Dorsett was IN THE SCRUM for the puck. Neal came ACROSS THE ICE TO HIT HIM.

It does not look worse because Dorsett was trying to pick a fight with Neal. It looks worse because Neal hit a guy that was trying to pick a fight with him FROM BEHIND. It looks worse because Neal didn't answer for whatever it was that made Dorsett decide he needed to pick a fight with him.

Buy the way, asking someone "if they ever played" is a cop out. But to answer the question, I played juniors, but had to give up the game because of a bad back BECAUSE SOME MEAT HEAD LIKE NEAL HIT ME FROM BEHIND.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host

I'm a Caps and Pens guy, but the more I watch, his head is turned and looks like he's looking over his right shoulder, which is turned it's not square to the glass. Not saying it's right, just my observation

The problem is that everybody tries to rip everybody off!
MrSnyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 06:36 PM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

I don't think his head being turned matters at all. Neal still hit him square in the back face first into the boards. Thats an easy boarding call and should be a suspendable situation. He took a 20+ foot run from above the circle and threw a heavy shoulder into Dorsett's back. Thats cheap and dirty and should have consequences.
Old 11-22-2009, 08:58 PM   #12 (permalink)

I don't think Neal hit him in the back fully...it was more near the back of the shoulder as he was turning. Not a dirty hit...he got suspended because of the outcome of the hit.
John91C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:29 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatsCards View Post
Buy the way, asking someone "if they ever played" is a cop out. But to answer the question, I played juniors, but had to give up the game because of a bad back BECAUSE SOME MEAT HEAD LIKE NEAL HIT ME FROM BEHIND.

When? In the early 90's no one would have looked twice at that hit. I love how everyone had to give up the game because they got hurt. I had to give up because there was no market for a 5'10" pest who had hands of stone.

I'll admit it, I sucked. I'm not saying I would have made that hit if some idiot was trying to start a fight, but I'm not not saying I would have made it either.
“Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes. You must look into that storm and shout as you did in Rome. Do your worst, for I will do mine! Then the fates will know you as we know you.”
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote