Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2013, 11:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Shipping to Canada- Clear Concise Answer Please

I originally but this is Baseball but then Someone Helpfully Suggested Hockey Since they are quite a few Hockey fans up there.

I have someone in Canada willing to buy a Collection of Cards, Nothing too special $1-2 Cards but its a lot of about 90 of them.

I've been trying to look up the Best way to ship them, WITHOUT losing Paypal Seller Protection or having to charge the guy a boatload for shipping.

I have looked at old threads on here, I've looked at Ebay's Help Pages, Paypal's Website, USPS's Website and Online.

In return for my research all I got was a Huge mess of Different Rules and Opinions.

Also Since I'm asking about Shipping to Canada, If someone wanted 1 High end Card, Say Something valued at $100, How would that be shipped without losing Seller protection?

Can anyone who Actually ships Internationally Give a clean, clear and Concise answer.

I typically only ship on Mondays unless asked otherwise.
jryan_711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:17 PM   #2 (permalink)

Very simple, you need to ship the cards Express mail with tracking and insurance. It will run you over $30 to ship
howethegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Have to ship it registered or with express international shipping WITH Signature. I receive quite a few packages like this from the USA. It is sad to say but the days of selling low end stuff over the border is getting to costly to do now.
UFOS8MYCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:36 AM   #4 (permalink)

if buying through ebay, the cheapest way is priority mail flat rate small box with shipcover insurance. Runs you about 25 dollars.

anusinha is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:46 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anusinha View Post
if buying through ebay, the cheapest way is priority mail flat rate small box with shipcover insurance. Runs you about 25 dollars.
still not covered.
howethegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:12 AM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks for the Responses, So it looks like the Only way to ship out of Country and still be Covered with Paypal is to use the Global Shipping with Signature?

Just Curious, but Has anyone noticed that When using the Ebay Global Shipping Program, They just use the Priority Flat boxes rate to ship from their Shipping Center ?

So for Sellers Shipping on their own, its Global Express or your not Covered, But if its Ebay themselves, They can Use Priority Flat rate?

Does that make any Sense to you guys?

Old 03-06-2013, 03:44 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryan_711 View Post
Thanks for the Responses, So it looks like the Only way to ship out of Country and still be Covered with Paypal is to use the Global Shipping with Signature?

Just Curious, but Has anyone noticed that When using the Ebay Global Shipping Program, They just use the Priority Flat boxes rate to ship from their Shipping Center ?

So for Sellers Shipping on their own, its Global Express or your not Covered, But if its Ebay themselves, They can Use Priority Flat rate?

If it makes sense doesn't matter,that's the system in place.
chezball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:12 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryan_711 View Post

Seller protections doesn't cover third party shipments. There is some considerable debate that seller are not actually covered using the Global shipping program. No need to follow procedure if the seller isn't covered anyway.
DaveTaplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:56 AM   #9 (permalink)

Sadly the Buyer declined to buy with the Shipping charges, But thanks for the Help anyways, At least I know for Info for in the Future.

Old 03-08-2013, 11:48 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTaplin View Post
Seller protections doesn't cover third party shipments. There is some considerable debate that seller are not actually covered using the Global shipping program. No need to follow procedure if the seller isn't covered anyway.
According to the EBay web site, you are protected if you use the global shipping program - all you have to do is get it to the U.S. shipping center. I copied and pasted this from EBay's web site:

When you use the Global Shipping Program, you're responsible for getting packages safely to the US shipping center. If an item is damaged or lost during international shipping you're protected from:

eBay Buyer Protection and PayPal Purchase Protection cases when:

A buyer claims an item isn't received or

A package is damaged

Negative and neutral Feedback when:

You win an eBay Buyer Protection case alleging damage or loss

The Feedback comment relates to a problem with shipping
rippit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #11 (permalink)

This is why all my ebay listings say "U.S. shipping only".. avoid the headaches,confusion,high shipping costs