Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 12:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
BAMBAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 8,408
Default Any update on Ovie ?

Saw his aggressive style of play cost him last night with the knee on knee hit. Didn't see anything since because I switched to MNF. Any word on how severe ?
__________________
IF YOU CAN'T TAKE AN HONEST REPLY THEN DON'T ASK.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hampstead, MD
Posts: 425
Default

Skated a bit this morning before the full team practice. They are saying he's day-to-day with a "sore knee".

My guess is they might say he's probable to play in order for him to serve whatever suspension he might get so he won't miss games due to injury and then more games via suspension on top of that.
__________________
My Ebay Auctions
zammos1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Zacky1053's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,564
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zammos1 View Post
Skated a bit this morning before the full team practice. They are saying he's day-to-day with a "sore knee".

My guess is they might say he's probable to play in order for him to serve whatever suspension he might get so he won't miss games due to injury and then more games via suspension on top of that.
I don't watch hockey often enough, but I've seen similar collisions which are accidental in basketball (banging knees). The knee-to-knee contact didn't look deliberate, and Ovie got the worst of it but they're talking a suspension. What am I missing here?
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 06:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
mnvikingstwins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Land of 11,842 lakes
Posts: 27,917
Default

suspended 2 games
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
fm8418's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: ohio
Posts: 6,190
Send a message via AIM to fm8418
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacky1053 View Post
I don't watch hockey often enough, but I've seen similar collisions which are accidental in basketball (banging knees). The knee-to-knee contact didn't look deliberate, and Ovie got the worst of it but they're talking a suspension. What am I missing here?
he does this a lot that's what.
fm8418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Zacky1053's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22,564
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm8418 View Post
he does this a lot that's what.
Figured. I guess I don't understand his philosophy then because he's just as likely to get hurt as the guy he hits on something like that.
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 06:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 293
Default

My question is will he be suspended after he is declared healthy to play or will he be suspended as an injuried player and be ready after he serves the two games suspension?
EGRHOCKEYFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
ebacardi2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: RG3 Country
Posts: 10,749
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGRHOCKEYFAN View Post
My question is will he be suspended after he is declared healthy to play or will he be suspended as an injuried player and be ready after he serves the two games suspension?
He is suspended Thur and Sat and back on the ice next week. He is not "Injured" so the suspension is enforced.
__________________
Collecting: Football-RG3,Alfred Morris Basketball-Kyrie Irving, Bradley Beal Hockey-Ovechkin, Backstrom Baseball-Bryce Harper
"If it says OBO then send me an offer, do not ask me to give you one"
ebacardi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.