Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2013, 02:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 1990s Hockey - what to do with them

So I've been trying to go through and thin out my collection. I've posted a few threads in the other forums:
Baseball - (Need Advice - to Grade or Not to Grade)
Football - (Collection from childhood - what to do...?)

My hockey collection is very limited - but I do remember driving to and Arkansas Sam's to pick up a case of UD Hockey...

These don't seem to sale very well online anywhere - so I am considering just trying to sell them locally, but wanted to check to see if it would be worthwhile to get any of them graded. Here are some examples:

Brett Hull
1990 - Upper Deck

Jaromir Jagar
1990 - Upper Deck

1990 - Score

Eric Lindros
1990 - Score

I have two factory sets of the score with the 5 Lindros cards and a couple sets of UD. I don't know why these examples were out, I think I had them extra in top loaders would be my guess.

Any sort of value (trading or otherwise) to these?

Thanks!
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/spam-your-ebay-comc-listings-here-photobucket-sportslots-etc/484335-namttips-collection-threads.html --- Current Projects - Entertainment: Walking Dead and GoT - Baseball: Brian Wilson, Barry Bonds, SF Giants - Football: SF 49ers, Frank Gore, - Wrestling: Lanny Poffo, KoKo B. Ware
Namttip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

.50 each tops, the Score set was sold at toys r us for like $10.

I think the Brodeur rookie sells for a few bucks and is probably the most valuable card
JthJays19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

from what i gather, these are mainly PC cards now. unless you can find someone on craigslist to take them all for about a penny per card. it's just hard to dump a large amount of these now.
PensFan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:27 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan29 View Post
from what i gather, these are mainly PC cards now. unless you can find someone on craigslist to take them all for about a penny per card. it's just hard to dump a large amount of these now.
Yeah they are just stuff that I have around.... I didn't think they were worth much, but I am not experienced with much hockey at all. On the other hand something like an 89' Fleer Griffey that grades out or Billy Ripken as some sort of market.

Thanks for the affirmation.
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/spam-your-ebay-comc-listings-here-photobucket-sportslots-etc/484335-namttips-collection-threads.html --- Current Projects - Entertainment: Walking Dead and GoT - Baseball: Brian Wilson, Barry Bonds, SF Giants - Football: SF 49ers, Frank Gore, - Wrestling: Lanny Poffo, KoKo B. Ware
Namttip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:57 PM   #5 (permalink)

That Lindros does bring back memories....

Being 9 at the time, that was THE card to find...
You could pick up a box of Score for $18-$20 and I think they only fell 1 in every couple of boxes.... Set was pretty big too, 400-500 cards if I remember correctly...
jmarascojr is offline   Reply With Quote