Blowout Cards Forums
Re-Pack Attack

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 06:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default NHL Trade Deadline Winners/ Losers

Hockey fans now that the trade deadline has passed who are the winners and who are the losers (inactive teams) in this years race to the finish!!

I think the Bruins, Pens, Wild and Columbus all did what was necessary to improve their rosters for the stretch run, and feel that Detroit, Vancouver and Ottawa did not make any significant moves that could have helped their current position.

What are your thoughts and opinions?

Last edited by TASS; 04-03-2013 at 06:23 PM.
TASS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:19 PM   #2 (permalink)

i am a huge wings fan and really didn't expect them to make a move. i think its obvious that we are not winning the cup this year so continue to develope the young talent that has been playing, in place of all the injured players. the wings have alot of salary cap room for next year so they MUST make a splash in free agency. if they have to overpay a little, do it. This is something us wings fans haven't had to deal with in 20 some years, a slightly above average team.
scotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

I really like that Vancouver added Derek Roy. He should really help the Canucks offense and isn't lost in his own zone. I also liked the Minnesota/Buffalo trade as well. Just a good hockey trade for both sides.
LGBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:25 PM   #4 (permalink)

As a Wild fan, I loved the move the Wild pulled. Getting Pominville means we're in win now mode. That's a good feeling.
mas0506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:54 PM   #5 (permalink)

Ottawa moved a talented goalie in Ben Bishop, but with Craig Anderson coming back soon I think they did the right thing. Conacher is a scary good young player and I think he will make an immediate impact in Ottawa. They definitely got better.

Boston made a good move in getting Jagr, but Redden is not going to do much for them on the defensive side. I'm a bit disappointed they didn't add someone who would make a bigger impact.

Who I collect: Cam Fowler, Milan Lucic, Tim Thomas, D-men, Bruins
Tivo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 11:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

Rangers win..
RBKSNIPZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:29 AM   #7 (permalink)

Columbus won
hockeykid_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:18 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tivo32 View Post
Ottawa moved a talented goalie in Ben Bishop, but with Craig Anderson coming back soon I think they did the right thing. Conacher is a scary good young player and I think he will make an immediate impact in Ottawa. They definitely got better.

Boston made a good move in getting Jagr, but Redden is not going to do much for them on the defensive side. I'm a bit disappointed they didn't add someone who would make a bigger impact.
I agree with the impact Conacher should bring to Ottawa, when I made this thread did not realize he was part of the trade.

As far as Redden he will surprise folks, he is a solid veteran backliner who will bring experience to the B's defense where he is definitely older he still maintains a presence in front of the net and is a better than average D-man at moving the puck out of the zone, I like this addition for the short term.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:29 PM   #9 (permalink)

Columbus won. They got rid of Mason, picked up Gaborik, and didn't have to trade away any of their three first round picks.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:50 PM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Columbus won. They got rid of Mason, picked up Gaborik, and didn't have to trade away any of their three first round picks.
This.

I'm not saying the NYR lost, I understand getting out of the Gaborik contract if he was done there, but in reality they got a bunch of 2nd and 3rd line guys back. Guys that Columbus as constructed didn't need.

#1 - Columbus got a legit scorer. Something they need
#2 - They got rid of Mason. I can't believe they actually got assets for Mason.
#3 - They kept all 3 first rounders
#4 - The only guy they really lost was Dorsett - and he was just a fan favorite. Brassard was done in Columbus and we have plenty of young D (especially next year with Murray) that Moore was the odd man out.
asujbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:23 PM   #11 (permalink)

Bolts gave up a lot to get Bishop. So hope he pans out Conacher is a good player that i think will thrive for them. But i understand why he was moved. Bolts had a bunch of smaller players . But i would have rather seen Vinny or Marty get moved. Marty would be a big loss but hes 37 and you can see he's lost a step this yr.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:13 PM   #12 (permalink)

I think the Predators won pretty big picking up Forsberg, maybe the caps know something everyone else doesn't but the kid could be a stud
Old 04-04-2013, 05:28 PM   #13 (permalink)

Couldn't be happier with what Columbus did...added a legitimate first-line goal scorer, got an incredible deal for Mason, didn't give up a whole lot, snagged Blake Comeau for a fifth rounder, and GOT RID OF MASON.

Playoffs, guys, playoffs. Sergei Bobrovsky has been incredible lately.
lambeauleap87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:27 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tivo32 View Post

I don't see anyone losing in the Conacher/Bishop trade. Ottawa got a young scorer, something they desperately need, and Tampa got a good young goalie, something they really need.

As for Redden, as long as Boston can keep him off the streets without a white line under his nose, they'll be fine . God, he was a mess.

I'm happy with Toronto's deal. O'Byrne will add a veteran presence to a young Leafs defensive core.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:50 AM   #15 (permalink)

How about the Capitals. Filip Forsberg for Marty Erat and Michael Latta. At first I really not happy with this trade sending away a young(just drafted) and possible elite talent.

But looking at it a little more closely the Capitals get a consistent, experienced goal scorer in Erat who is probably just having an off year and Latta who from what I read is pretty close if not ready to play right away.

I think that both teams did well here given their current situations, I hate to give up young talent but if Erat can come in with plenty in the tank and make an immediate impact which they need, but also position them well for the future.

I'm interested in hearing from anyone who has watched Erat play a good bit and hear opinions.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:19 AM   #16 (permalink)

What really amazes me is how well most of these 'major' transactions at the trade deadline had an immediate impact for their respective new teams!

Start with the B's naturally, and Jagr is awarded the only goal in a 1-0 win, albeit it was a "Lucky" goal it's still a game winner!

The NYR get goals & assists from their new additions (Clowe scores his 1st (2) goals of the year!) and hammer the Pens in a must win game at home!

Marion Gaborik get's a goal (GW) & assist leading his new team the Blue Jackets to a hugh win over the Peds!

Derek Roy get's an assist on Vancouvers 3rd goal helping then SO the Oilers, as well as winning key faceoffs in their zone.

And finally Ben Bishop makes a career-high 45 saves, leading to a shutout (W) over the Hurricanes in his premier game for TB!

Looks like initally all these moves have worked just as the GM's of these orgainizations had hoped!!

Last edited by TASS; 04-05-2013 at 11:50 AM.
TASS is online now   Reply With Quote