Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2013, 05:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
RBKSNIPZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 3,116
Default Has anyone ever...?

Has anyone ever taken cards out of Becket Graded case? Getting a couple cards in that I want to take out. There not bad grades both at 9 but I simply do not want them in the large ugly cases I much rather have them in a magnetic and team bag. Has anyone ever successfully opened up a case and got the card out? Any help would be cool and thanx in advance!
RBKSNIPZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,465
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBKSNIPZ View Post
Has anyone ever taken cards out of Becket Graded case? Getting a couple cards in that I want to take out. There not bad grades both at 9 but I simply do not want them in the large ugly cases I much rather have them in a magnetic and team bag. Has anyone ever successfully opened up a case and got the card out? Any help would be cool and thanx in advance!
search on youtube there is a few videos on how to take them out
rip+flip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
RBKSNIPZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 3,116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip+flip View Post
search on youtube there is a few videos on how to take them out

I feel kinda stupid for not thinking about that lol...thanx!
RBKSNIPZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
TASS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: RI
Posts: 5,064
Default

If and I'm sure it's a NY Ranger just put it under one of your car tires and run it over, that should do it!!

But seriously there are a few good methods on youtube, and I'm with you not wanting them in those ugly cases never liked graded cards.
__________________
solt0131 "I told you guys before the Pens as they are aren't as good as the Bruins and can't beat them."
TASS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
RBKSNIPZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 3,116
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
If and I'm sure it's a NY Ranger just put it under one of your car tires and run it over, that should do it!!

But seriously there are a few good methods on youtube, and I'm with you not wanting them in those ugly cases never liked graded cards.

Lol only 1 is

Yeah just watched a couple, hopefully I don't screw up haha. I might make a video myself when I do it.
RBKSNIPZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 07:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
TASS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: RI
Posts: 5,064
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBKSNIPZ View Post
Lol only 1 is

Yeah just watched a couple, hopefully I don't screw up haha. I might make a video myself when I do it.
Be very carefull when you have made the initial 'crack' as to not having one of the serrated edges touch/scratch the card! Good luck and I hope it works out well for you.
__________________
solt0131 "I told you guys before the Pens as they are aren't as good as the Bruins and can't beat them."
TASS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
timber09's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Kirkland WA
Posts: 183
Default

I have used a dremmel instead of the crack and pry method - have't had any issues at all. I believe some of the videos referenced show folks going that route as well.
__________________
Joe

ebay - timber-9
COMC - timber09
timber09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.