Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2013, 11:53 AM   #26 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippit View Post
Time will tell. And it's not the age, it's the mileage. He's what I'd call an old 32 - a lot of tough playoff miles on those tires. Averaging a point a game over 48 games it different than doing it over an 82 game grind. If he even plays a full season without getting injured, which in itself would surprise me.
I agree about mileage, but he and the Wings play a brand to help out those legs. I just don't get why you think he'd get injured though? Or won't average a point per game? He's never had a big injury, and since 2005/06 he has more then a point per game for the duration. He doesn't play a style where he gets injured either. At least doesn't put himself at risk.

Last edited by nuccionino; 05-02-2013 at 12:01 PM.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 03:32 PM   #27 (permalink)

[QUOTE=nuccionino;4807735]So you resort to being a douche? Very classy. You make yourself look bad when instead of having a nice debate, you resort to being a child.

Name-calling = classy in nucciono's world. Sorry that you misunderstood my recommendation that you come up for air for awhile and do something productive with yourself. You're awesome, buddy - keep up the great work! And for the record I was alive during the era of the Dead Things, I witnessed them, lived through the torment, and my opinion is that we are closer to those days at the moment than the heyday of 1997-2003. Just an opinion. Doesn't need to be perceived as an existential threat to your ego if you don't let it.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:30 PM   #28 (permalink)
Banned

[QUOTE=hairysasquatch;4809219]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
So you resort to being a douche? Very classy. You make yourself look bad when instead of having a nice debate, you resort to being a child.

Name-calling = classy in nucciono's world. Sorry that you misunderstood my recommendation that you come up for air for awhile and do something productive with yourself. You're awesome, buddy - keep up the great work! And for the record I was alive during the era of the Dead Things, I witnessed them, lived through the torment, and my opinion is that we are closer to those days at the moment than the heyday of 1997-2003. Just an opinion. Doesn't need to be perceived as an existential threat to your ego if you don't let it.
You can twist it all you want. You made a post that related to nothing in the thread.

We are close to the Dead Wings era (why do you keep calling it things?) than the 1997-2003 era? I will disagree there.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:35 PM   #29 (permalink)

[QUOTE=hairysasquatch;4809219]
Quote:
So you resort to being a douche? Very classy. You make yourself look bad when instead of having a nice debate, you resort to being a child.

Stop living in the past.

This is not the same organization. This is a new organization with the best scouting department in major pro sports! Couple that with the Euro-explosion of talent and it evergrowing - the Wings will never be known as the 'dead things' again. (my uncle still calls them that)

Incoming -
Outgoing -
DetectiveChrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:40 PM   #30 (permalink)
Banned

[QUOTE=DetectiveChrome;4809576]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairysasquatch View Post

Stop living in the past.

This is not the same organization. This is a new organization with the best scouting department in major pro sports! Couple that with the Euro-explosion of talent and it evergrowing - the Wings will never be known as the 'dead things' again. (my uncle still calls them that)
Me? or Hairysasquatch?

I agree with you haha. That's why I ranted at all our players we drafted and built through the system. And many players have been quoted saying the system made them a better player.

If anyone knows about our prospects, don't expect Landon Ferraro to stick around. He's been a player know to complain about the system. I hope they package him up with a Quincey or Franzen and get a younger offensive talent.

Lastly, no one should go 5 years even without a playoff berth. Not in this parity league, where 16 teams make the playoffs. Remember, the Dead Wings (things apparently), made like 3 playoffs in 20 years. That shouldn't happen with any team, especially not a Ken Holland ran team.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:22 PM   #31 (permalink)
Banned

As expected Hiller showing his true colors haha. This is why I think they will beat the Ducks in 6.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:56 PM   #32 (permalink)

This is more like what I expected in game 1. Detroit looking good so far other than Kronwall who seems to have forgot he was playing a game tonight!! WTH is his deal?

Photobucket: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v480/lors/Football%20Cards/
lionsfan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 01:12 AM   #33 (permalink)
Banned

Nyquist saved the defense there. Defensive play was bad in the third but advantage Wings going to the Joe.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:19 AM   #34 (permalink)
Banned

Nyquist saved the defense there. Defensive play was bad in the third but advantage Wings going to the Joe.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:11 AM   #35 (permalink)

Couldn't believe they blew that 3 goal lead. But it worked out for 'em in the end.
#1 Collection : Barrasso
#2 Collection : Ron Hextall
Other : Crosby, Wregget, Malkin
NEED RON HEXTALL SPGU LETTER MARKS!!!
ncm7772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:33 PM   #36 (permalink)

when the game went to OT, i figured the wings were gonna lose and be in some serious trouble. love those power plays on fresh ice to start the OT! great win wings and lets take game 3 tomorrow night
scotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:27 PM   #37 (permalink)

Wish that Abdelkader hadn't left his feet. He had him in the trolley tracks if he'd just stayed level. Now out for 2 games. Hoo boy!
Old 05-05-2013, 10:29 PM   #38 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Wish that Abdelkader hadn't left his feet. He had him in the trolley tracks if he'd just stayed level. Now out for 2 games. Hoo boy!
Such a close call, I can't believe they suspended him though. The hit looked clean, beside leaving his feet. Heck, the call on the ice was wrong, it wasn't charging, it was more roughing for the feet barely leaving. Turned the series around, they gotta win tomorrow or else series over.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:34 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Such a close call, I can't believe they suspended him though. The hit looked clean, beside leaving his feet. Heck, the call on the ice was wrong, it wasn't charging, it was more roughing for the feet barely leaving. Turned the series around, they gotta win tomorrow or else series over.
That's the thing: they key on leaving the ice. Could have done the same damage by staying low. And with regard to tomorrow, we agree on something after all!
Old 05-05-2013, 10:47 PM   #40 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
That's the thing: they key on leaving the ice. Could have done the same damage by staying low. And with regard to tomorrow, we agree on something after all!
World is ending haha. And it is so hard with checks because many people leave their feet in a check with momentum, just when it looks worse, well it looks worse. The fact Shea Weber bashed Zetterberg's head last year in the boards and got nothing, and Abdelkader got a penalty after Anaheim whined and complained, and all of a sudden is suspended, weird.

You're welcome Shanahan for all those rings you got on the Wings, we sure as hell don't miss you haha.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:40 PM   #41 (permalink)

Abdelkader penalty call was terrible. They werent even going to call a penalty until Lydman didn't get up. I get a 2 min charging, but a 5 min major and game misconduct? Totally changed the game up. BAsically amounts to a 3 game suspension. This is the Gryba effect. I wont bring up the Weber-Zetteberg incident because the NHL had no control over playoffs last year. 11 concussions first two rounds. So I get this, but this is playoffs, and these werent cheap shots.

As for Zetterberg's declining skills, yeah right. You must not be watching the games.

AS for return to dead wings era, I don't think so, given the young talent and quality drafting, but Detroit does need to accept that it is not a preferred Free Agent desitination in the NHL anymore. NOt sure how that will be fixed.

Also, to compare the WIngs top 3 to the top 3 on PIT/CHI is a joke...all of their top players were first round picks (usually in the 10, more often #1 overall picks). Imagine if the Wings just had one of those guys...
Old 05-06-2013, 05:33 PM   #42 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousD82 View Post
Abdelkader penalty call was terrible. They werent even going to call a penalty until Lydman didn't get up. I get a 2 min charging, but a 5 min major and game misconduct? Totally changed the game up. BAsically amounts to a 3 game suspension. This is the Gryba effect. I wont bring up the Weber-Zetteberg incident because the NHL had no control over playoffs last year. 11 concussions first two rounds. So I get this, but this is playoffs, and these werent cheap shots.

As for Zetterberg's declining skills, yeah right. You must not be watching the games.

AS for return to dead wings era, I don't think so, given the young talent and quality drafting, but Detroit does need to accept that it is not a preferred Free Agent desitination in the NHL anymore. NOt sure how that will be fixed.

Also, to compare the WIngs top 3 to the top 3 on PIT/CHI is a joke...all of their top players were first round picks (usually in the 10, more often #1 overall picks). Imagine if the Wings just had one of those guys...
I agree with everything except not a preferred FA destination. Is it not the top? Maybe not, but is it top 5 or 6? Yes.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:54 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
I agree with everything except not a preferred FA destination. Is it not the top? Maybe not, but is it top 5 or 6? Yes.
Maybe 5-6 years ago, but times have changed. Ie. there is no Lidstrom to bring the players in. Plain and simple, people wanted to play with him, Yzerman or one of 6 other HOF's. Not the case anymore. Detroit is not a top destination, ever, for anything, including free agents. Limited economic opportunities for players' friends and families, sub-par weather, limited downtown area, the list could go on. Sure, there are some bright spots...Wearing the Winged wheel is a big deal, but it wasn't as big of a deal to Suter/Parise this summer. Semin didn't want to mess around.

Imagine being a free agent and taking the ride from the airport, Romulus to the team's offices downtown...the big tourist sighting is a giant tire off of 94.

I'm not trashing Detroit. I love Detroit. Born and Raised. But I left because of limited opportunities so will the Free Agents. Dekeyser signed because he was a local, no other reason.

Big game tonight.
Old 05-06-2013, 05:59 PM   #44 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousD82 View Post
Maybe 5-6 years ago, but times have changed. Ie. there is no Lidstrom to bring the players in. Plain and simple, people wanted to play with him, Yzerman or one of 6 other HOF's. Not the case anymore. Detroit is not a top destination, ever, for anything, including free agents. Limited economic opportunities for players' friends and families, sub-par weather, limited downtown area, the list could go on. Sure, there are some bright spots...Wearing the Winged wheel is a big deal, but it wasn't as big of a deal to Suter/Parise this summer. Semin didn't want to mess around.

Imagine being a free agent and taking the ride from the airport, Romulus to the team's offices downtown...the big tourist sighting is a giant tire off of 94.

I'm not trashing Detroit. I love Detroit. Born and Raised. But I left because of limited opportunities so will the Free Agents. Dekeyser signed because he was a local, no other reason.

Big game tonight.
Well Wings were what, 2nd behind Minnesota for the race for Parise and Suter. And look at those stupid contracts. If Detroit isn't a top destination, what is? They are still a top tier. They have possibly the best playmaker in Datsyuk, people would love to play with him. Plus the organization hasn't changed in years and it is widely known as the best in the NHL. As for Semin, no one wanted him. When he signed the one year deal I was upset we didn't try for a 1 year, but I'm glad they didn't get him long term. They get Brunner and Dekeyser, which are two decent signings (Dekeyser is the big one it looks like).

I'll trash Detroit haha, no one is taking vacations to Detroit. But beside the fact, the surrounding areas are some of the best in the country. Oakland County? Does it get better? Not really. So I don't think living situation plays a big role.

Win this game, series back in Detroit's favorite.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:16 PM   #45 (permalink)

Man that was a good game last night! Hope detroit can keep the momentum going in Anaheim Wed!

Old 05-13-2013, 08:08 AM   #46 (permalink)

Congrats to Wings for a gritty series win - bring on the Hawks!
Old 05-21-2013, 11:45 AM   #47 (permalink)

Where are all the detroit haters they got awfully quiet when the wings advanced Hopefully they can keep up the good play and momentum and take down the Hawks as well! Go WINGS!

Old 05-21-2013, 12:45 PM   #48 (permalink)

I was certainly not one of those haters, I picked the Wings in 6 over the Ducks.

But I'll ask this : Where were all the Wings fans that are posting everywhere now, when they weren't doing so well in the regular season? Not here, that's for sure.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:52 PM   #49 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncm7772 View Post
I was certainly not one of those haters, I picked the Wings in 6 over the Ducks.

But I'll ask this : Where were all the Wings fans that are posting everywhere now, when they weren't doing so well in the regular season? Not here, that's for sure.
Who cares? It's playoff time, people are going to "post more threads" during the playoffs.
Old 05-21-2013, 01:46 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Who cares? It's playoff time, people are going to "post more threads" during the playoffs.
I don't care, just sharing an observation.