Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2013, 12:27 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapstar92 View Post
You see it in every stadium from a select few of each team's fans. I promise it is not a general representation of Hawks fans. That being said the Hawks have to get the power play working to win this series. I am not so much worried as I am frustrated with their play. Crawford has been fantastic so it sure isn't the goalie. To me Toews has not been acting like the mature captain he needs to be right now. I believe they need to score within the first 10 minutes of Game 5 to get the offensive juices flowing again. But I would never count us out with all of the offensive fire power that could come alive.
Seriously, WTF is up with Toews attitude and demeanor on the ice last night???

That's not how a Captain acts

Maybe I was just spoiled with my entire life having only 3 captains in Yzerman, Lidstrom, and Zetterberg, but that had to be embarrassing for Hawks fans

I realize he's frustrated with Zetterberg taking him completely out of the series, but not even as a Captain but a player of his caliber, he has to know that he's going to get the chippiness form the Wings that he's getting. Then you factor in that he is the Captain and he should be handling it better
zonacats8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:47 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post

Maybe I was just spoiled with my entire life having only 3 captains in Yzerman, Lidstrom, and Zetterberg, but that had to be embarrassing for Hawks fans

I realize he's frustrated with Zetterberg taking him completely out of the series, but not even as a Captain but a player of his caliber, he has to know that he's going to get the chippiness form the Wings that he's getting. Then you factor in that he is the Captain and he should be handling it better
I agree Toews was acting like a giant baby. The hawks are not taking things well as a whole. I think they expected to mop the floor with Detroit and are not happy how things are going so far.

Photobucket: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v480/lors/Football%20Cards/
lionsfan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:20 PM   #28 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

Toews is annoying me. He is whining worse than Crosby does. He is the worse Captain in the sport. Yes, worse than Sidney Crosby. All he does is whine, then fall to the ice, then complain about a high sticking penalty when it was a penalty! He got hooked by Zetterberg, got the call (as he should have), then when he hooked Zetterberg he is whining. I cannot stand him. I hope the Wings finish them up sooner rather than later just to see Toews lose.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 03:30 PM   #29 (permalink)

These dudes better win the series lol i have tickets for the first home game in detroit.
AlphaNOmega06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:20 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
Toews is annoying me. He is whining worse than Crosby does. He is the worse Captain in the sport. Yes, worse than Sidney Crosby. All he does is whine, then fall to the ice, then complain about a high sticking penalty when it was a penalty! He got hooked by Zetterberg, got the call (as he should have), then when he hooked Zetterberg he is whining. I cannot stand him. I hope the Wings finish them up sooner rather than later just to see Toews lose.
Toews looked uncannily like Lloyd Christmas to me last night for some reason. My least favorite Hawk has to be that punk Bickell...
Old 05-24-2013, 05:22 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairysasquatch View Post
Toews looked uncannily like Lloyd Christmas to me last night for some reason. My least favorite Hawk has to be that punk Bickell...
toews has sucked all playoffs, one of the worst captains really, doesn't do jack.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:47 PM   #32 (permalink)

Lol at all the Toews haters coming out of the woodwork.
StraightCash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 01:42 AM   #33 (permalink)

To all the Toews haters, get a grip...... I've seen just about every game he has played for the Blackhawks..... He is a FANTASTIC Captain !!! Obviously he's had a poor offensive playoffs, but the kid is the real deal when it comes to leadership...... If he were on "your" team, you'd think the same also..... The Wings are playing well and Howard is as hot as can be which any hockey fan knows, Cup winners always have a hot goalie...... The Hawks have not played as well as they can but also have gotten some bad breaks at the most inopportune times.... I believe they have 6 or 7 hit goal pasts which would've changed up the series..... I'm not making excuses, just pointing out some little tidbits.... The series is far from over.... If any team can come back from down 3-1 it's the Hawks..... The Hawks need to get back to what got them to the dance, hard-hitting and fast 2 way hockey !!!! For some reason, after game 1 the Hawks seem to be skating on wet cement..... I fully expect the Hawks to take game 5 at home and then play game 6 better than games 2-4.... If they win game 6 in Detroit, it's over..... Hawks take game 7 at home..... If not, well chalk it up to a lesson learned and move on to next season..... This team will be a Cup contender for years to come...... #gohawks #keepingthefaith #go19
Old 05-25-2013, 01:42 AM   #34 (permalink)

I'm in Chi-town to watch game 5 with my brothers who live here. Even if the hawks win Saturday, there's no way they come back with another 2 in a row. Not the way the Wings are playing.
Tugarpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:13 AM   #35 (permalink)

Howard is the kryptonite of the Hawks this year. Detroit's D has played well, but Jimmy is the big difference maker. He's looked unstoppable against them. Weird when he was getting beat by teams like the hapless Flames before the playoffs started, then shutting down two of the highest powered offenses in the game with some unreal saves. He's played Chicago tough all year, and I knew he'd be the main deterrent between the Hawks and another Stanley Cup final. Even going back to when the Hawks were unbeaten in regulation and he ALMOST shut them out. He's a very above average starting goalie, but against the Hawks he sees the puck so well and is so zoned in, he looks like a top 3 goalie. LA is another challenge entirely, but they still have 1 game to go for that....

Quote:

Toews was clearly frustrated, but it's out of character for him. I can accept an off day for him, but the Hawks need him to get it together if they stand any chance at all. Kane too. Kane could have been MVP this year, and looked like he could make an argument for the best player in the world with Crosby out. He hasn't been that guy in this series.

Quote:
Toews is annoying me. He is whining worse than Crosby does. He is the worse Captain in the sport. Yes, worse than Sidney Crosby. All he does is whine, then fall to the ice, then complain about a high sticking penalty when it was a penalty!
I'm a Blues fan. I hate the Hawks. But the worst captain in the sport? Come on, even for hyperbole that's a bit much. You can't possibly actually believe that, unless he ran over your dog or something....
Dbeis61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:38 PM   #36 (permalink)

Well the wings are on the verge of an epic melt down. They have looked terrible in the last 2 games. Very sloppy and lazy on defense. Hope they can get it together when their backs are against the wall in game 7! I will be very sad if they lose 3 straight to drop this series after the way they were playing. GO WINGS!

Photobucket: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v480/lors/Football%20Cards/
lionsfan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:09 AM   #37 (permalink)
Banned

I expected them to lose, so I was happy they made it this far. But to be up 3-1 and if they blow it, I'll be upset big time, last time was 2009 Finals.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:12 AM   #38 (permalink)

$250 for Standing Room Only tickets for Game 7 in Chicago. Worth it? I'm a Blackhawks' fan and can't say yes...lol
Old 05-28-2013, 12:14 AM   #39 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaNOmega06 View Post
These dudes better win the series lol i have tickets for the first home game in detroit.
I feel the same way, my buddy has or is getting first game tix for Snarkies next series!!!!!!
lrudometkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:15 AM   #40 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacky1053 View Post
$250 for Standing Room Only tickets for Game 7 in Chicago. Worth it? I'm a Blackhawks' fan and can't say yes...lol
Worth it for Conference Finals or Stanleys but not this :P
lrudometkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:25 AM   #41 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacky1053 View Post
No, get game 1 for the WCF.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:31 AM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
No, get game 1 for the WCF.
Yeah too caught up in the moment need to remember it's still just the semis
Old 05-28-2013, 03:54 AM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrudometkin View Post
I feel the same way, my buddy has or is getting first game tix for Snarkies next series!!!!!!
pPsh the way this teams playing right now idk if there even going to make it to the finals. I pray to god that jimmy howard can muster up some kind of hot streak again. Granted the officiating for this game was terrible but dam my wings are choking.
AlphaNOmega06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:14 AM   #44 (permalink)
NSCC Booth 1601

Quote:
I expected them to lose, so I was happy they made it this far. But to be up 3-1 and if they blow it, I'll be upset big time, last time was 2009 Finals.
Sorry boys, the Wings are toast. They had their chance in Game 6 and blew it and now they're going to get crushed in Chicago tomorrow. Now you guys know how Leafs fans feel.....
solt0131 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:43 AM   #45 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to groundsupport

BS penalty shot call yesterday.
groundsupport is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:15 AM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post
BS penalty shot call yesterday.
Yeah, it was.

Still though, I saw desperation out of the Hawks, did not see it out of the Wings. I thought Detroit played well for stretches last night, but it was obvious Chicago wanted it more. Smarter plays, more physical, just simply working harder and wanting it more.
#1 Collection : Barrasso
#2 Collection : Ron Hextall
Other : Crosby, Wregget, Malkin
NEED RON HEXTALL SPGU LETTER MARKS!!!
ncm7772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:55 AM   #47 (permalink)

AMBER ALERT! Franzen, Datsyuk, Zetterberg have gone missing. If found please show all three how to get to Chicago.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:36 AM   #48 (permalink)

Again, Smith was HORRIBLE last night

He was out of position and his man scored both the second and third goals to give the Hawks the game

Dude is a joke, don't even dress him for game 7, I'd rather have a forward playing defense than him at this point
zonacats8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:46 AM   #49 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingin98 View Post
AMBER ALERT! Franzen, Datsyuk, Zetterberg have gone missing. If found please show all three how to get to Chicago.
Datsyuk was everywhere last night. Getting chances, stealing pucks.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:47 AM   #50 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Again, Smith was HORRIBLE last night

He was out of position and his man scored both the second and third goals to give the Hawks the game

Dude is a joke, don't even dress him for game 7, I'd rather have a forward playing defense than him at this point
I miss Dekeyser. Smith isn't ready. Kindl was the same way last year but over time got bettee. Hopefully Smith can be the same way because right now, he sucks.