Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2013, 03:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Who Thinks The Redwings Can Upset The Blackhawks?

i sure do! IF detroit were to win game 3 tonight, all the pressure shifts to the blackhawks and puts them in a do or die for game 4. i think the wings can win tonight, i think the wings will win tonight. another big game for zetterberg and jimmy howard, wings win 3-1
scotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

Not me. Still going with Hawks in 6.
#1 Collection : Barrasso
#2 Collection : Ron Hextall
Other : Crosby, Wregget, Malkin
NEED RON HEXTALL SPGU LETTER MARKS!!!
ncm7772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

I think they can pull it off.
RBKSNIPZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

I think they can as well. Detroit has looked better and better as the season and playoffs have progressed. First period was a little rough but they really turned it on in the 2nd. Hope they can keep it up in the 3rd this could be a huge win for the wings!

Photobucket: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v480/lors/Football%20Cards/
lionsfan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

This series is going 7 either way. I had to upgrade my cable package so I could have the NBC Sports Network so I didn't miss most of it. Go Hawks!
Old 05-20-2013, 10:25 PM   #6 (permalink)

2-1, This Red Wing team is pretty good for a 7 seed,
Old 05-20-2013, 10:35 PM   #7 (permalink)

If the Wings win game 4, I think they win it in 6.

Totally didn't see this coming either.
BoxBreaker72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:58 AM   #8 (permalink)

Red Wings seem to be clicking at the right time! Gotta keep the momentum going. Red Wings have won the last 6 periods...
Old 05-21-2013, 12:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousD82 View Post
Red Wings seem to be clicking at the right time! Gotta keep the momentum going. Red Wings have won the last 6 periods...
That's the thing, they looked SO BAD in the first game. I don't know what was said after that, but they have controlled play since that loss.

Also helps that the Holmstrom rule benefit us for once, even though Holmstrom is gone haha. That call has been against us so many times.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:05 PM   #10 (permalink)

IF and its a big IF, but if the redwings win game 3, i say that hawks are done. i know they are a great team, but you seen in the 3rd period last night, they are getting frustrated and if they go down 3-1, they will not win the series. just imagine how good the wings can play if brendan smith can stay out the damn penalty box!
Old 05-21-2013, 04:21 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotts View Post
IF and its a big IF, but if the redwings win game 3, i say that hawks are done. i know they are a great team, but you seen in the 3rd period last night, they are getting frustrated and if they go down 3-1, they will not win the series. just imagine how good the wings can play if brendan smith can stay out the damn penalty box!
Yeah I agree game 4 will be huge. And yes Smith was killing them last night with all the penalties and he has made some huge turnovers in past games as well.

Despite everyone thinking the Wings were done and in rebuilding stage this team looks very strong. Despite losing Lidstrom one of the best ever this team is loaded veteran leadership from Zetterburg, Kronwall Franzen Bertuzzi Cleary Datsuk Filpulla etc. They have some great young guys too I have been really impressed with Brunner, Nyquist, and Dekeyser before his injury. Abdelkader is pounding people also! The Wings should not miss a beat in the next few years IMO.

Last edited by lionsfan20; 05-21-2013 at 04:29 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:16 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

I hope the Red Wings can win this series. They are hitting a nice stride right now and maybe are physical enough to beat up on the Hawks. Plus Chicago big scorers are asleep these past few games. I would love to see Pens and Wings in the Stanley Cup finals. The Penguins would take them out in 5 or 6 games.
cardboardkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:14 PM   #13 (permalink)

Technically its an upset if Wings win, Realistically no such thing as an upset in the playoffs, Kings didnt upset anyone last year, they played the best of any team. Heart is what matters.
Wolves4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:18 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

It's drastic but Wings win game 4, they win the series. They lose game 4, they lose the series. I think this game 4 is that important.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:36 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
It's drastic but Wings win game 4, they win the series. They lose game 4, they lose the series. I think this game 4 is that important.
Geez who's quitting on them now?

C'mon, they've been playing great, perhaps a bit over their heads, but fun to watch and anything can happen in this series! Would love to see them pull it off and square off against the Brooins in the Cup!
"You have to break by the case" Zammos1, 3:16
hairysasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:33 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotts View Post
Smith needs to get his ass benched

I'm sorry, but the penalties are bad, but the turnovers and just overall HORRIBLE play is even worse. Dude probably has LITERALLY 8-10 turnovers inside the blue line this series alone, hell, he had two on one play 3 seconds apart in game 3 about 20 seconds after he got out of the penalty box.

This Wings team has a certain feeling about them right now, seem to have that perfect mix of elite experienced talent and young grit and energy. Keeping Zetterberg and Dastyuk on separate lines an neutralize almost any teams top two lines, and if Nyquist and Brunner keep playing like the way they have, this team could very well bring the cup back to Hockeytown this summer
zonacats8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
Smith needs to get his ass benched

I'm sorry, but the penalties are bad, but the turnovers and just overall HORRIBLE play is even worse. Dude probably has LITERALLY 8-10 turnovers inside the blue line this series alone, hell, he had two on one play 3 seconds apart in game 3 about 20 seconds after he got out of the penalty box.

This Wings team has a certain feeling about them right now, seem to have that perfect mix of elite experienced talent and young grit and energy. Keeping Zetterberg and Dastyuk on separate lines an neutralize almost any teams top two lines, and if Nyquist and Brunner keep playing like the way they have, this team could very well bring the cup back to Hockeytown this summer
i agree with you on all accounts. if dekeyser wouldn't have gotten hurt, smith would have been benched many games ago. he is young so you try to give him the benefit of the doubt, but these are the playoffs and this stuff can't happen. i really like nyquist and think he is gonna be a star in this league.

it would be amazing if detroit were to win the cup this year after so many had written them off before/during the season. if that were to happen i would kick myself for not laying $20 on detroit to win the cup before the playoffs started lol
Old 05-23-2013, 01:58 AM   #18 (permalink)

Can upset, of course. Will upset, not so sure. To me, the winner of game 4 will move on.

Currently searching for: 2013 Topps Series 1 Sergio Romo Platinum 1/1
sfg2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:15 PM   #19 (permalink)

Playing like it's the late 90's!
Old 05-23-2013, 11:37 PM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

I am stunned, happily of course, that the Wings are up 3-1.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:32 AM   #21 (permalink)

I just got back from the game, wow, what a game it was. I still have a hard time counting the blackhawks out with all of their firepower. But if the wings keep playing just good enough on offense, Howard seems like he will keep them in every game. On a side note, the majority of hawks fans at this game were classless. Saw two different hawks fans shove a wings fan for yelling go wings after the game. You lost, go home. Why expect to go to the Joe and not hear wings chants. Maybe they represent the overall fan base poorly. But I was very shocked to see that kind of act from grown men.
Spartyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:42 AM   #22 (permalink)

That was a great game! Bickell is such a punk! He was pulling some very dirty moves at the bottom of the pile and taking cheap shots every chance he had.

One more to go wings!

Old 05-24-2013, 12:45 AM   #23 (permalink)

It's hard to bet against them now. 3-1 with a red hot goalie. Peaking at the right time is all that counts. Just look at the Kings last season.
BoxBreaker72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:13 PM   #24 (permalink)

Like I said, the perfect combination of vets who have "been there done that" who can carry the top lines and the young guys with all the energy in the world trying to prove themselves to the elder statesmen on the team.

This team has "IT" and I can't wait to see what they've got in store next.
zonacats8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:15 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartyon View Post
I just got back from the game, wow, what a game it was. I still have a hard time counting the blackhawks out with all of their firepower. But if the wings keep playing just good enough on offense, Howard seems like he will keep them in every game. On a side note, the majority of hawks fans at this game were classless. Saw two different hawks fans shove a wings fan for yelling go wings after the game. You lost, go home. Why expect to go to the Joe and not hear wings chants. Maybe they represent the overall fan base poorly. But I was very shocked to see that kind of act from grown men.
You see it in every stadium from a select few of each team's fans. I promise it is not a general representation of Hawks fans. That being said the Hawks have to get the power play working to win this series. I am not so much worried as I am frustrated with their play. Crawford has been fantastic so it sure isn't the goalie. To me Toews has not been acting like the mature captain he needs to be right now. I believe they need to score within the first 10 minutes of Game 5 to get the offensive juices flowing again. But I would never count us out with all of the offensive fire power that could come alive.