Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2013, 11:50 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
Scratch that....Bylsma said today that Fleury isn't going anywhere and is going to be their starting goalie on Day #1 and Vokoun will go back to the backup role next season.
Hopefully Fleury doesn't hold a grudge.
rhcardinals3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:48 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbygraphs View Post
Shero just announced Bylsma is staying. 2 year extension through 2015/16. Assistant coaches Tony Granato and Todd Reirden also extended.
I'm actually glad for this....I think they should bring everyone back and they will. They said Malkin and Letang will not be traded and will possibly be extended. This is a super solid team that had one bad series against a tough Boston team. It's not Bylsma's fault they only scored 2 goals...he's not out there playing.

No Iginla, Morrow, Cooke, or Murray will also help keep them more focused. I'm in for playing more younger guys and having Crosby and Orpik play a bigger leadership role. Beau Bennett is going to be a star. Need to sign Dupuis as #1 priority. Everyone else can fly.....
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:24 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm actually glad for this....I think they should bring everyone back and they will. They said Malkin and Letang will not be traded and will possibly be extended. This is a super solid team that had one bad series against a tough Boston team. It's not Bylsma's fault they only scored 2 goals...he's not out there playing.

No Iginla, Morrow, Cooke, or Murray will also help keep them more focused. I'm in for playing more younger guys and having Crosby and Orpik play a bigger leadership role. Beau Bennett is going to be a star. Need to sign Dupuis as #1 priority. Everyone else can fly.....
Iginla, Morrow and Murray have expressed interest and want to comeback. Something tells me they will be too. I think Iggy needs a full season on our team and having Murray will reall bulster the D. You need big defenders and Orpik/Murray are just that. Nisky has to go.

Maybe Letang should be bumped to a winger slot. He'd probably love it
HeyFitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:45 PM   #29 (permalink)

If you are Pens fan, today was just a disaster for you. Someone please tell me why Bylsma was only NOT fired, but was given a 2 year extension? This team has had the best talent in the league on paper the last 4 years and he has absolutely nothing to show for it. The longer he stays, the more years the Pens will get no where near the stanley cup.

Hopefully what the Pens were saying about Fleury being here for many years to come is a lie. Yes he is great in the regular season but he totally sucks when the playoffs start. This team should have AT LEAST 2-3 cups since Cyndy has been here but instead only have one. The window can't stay open forever. You can't afford to keep all these players making between 5 mil and 8.7 mil without getting in serious salary cap issues. I can't stand the Pens, so i guess today makes me happy, but i don't know what Mario and Shero are doing
scotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:41 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyFitzy View Post
Iginla, Morrow and Murray have expressed interest and want to comeback. Something tells me they will be too. I think Iggy needs a full season on our team and having Murray will reall bulster the D. You need big defenders and Orpik/Murray are just that. Nisky has to go.

Maybe Letang should be bumped to a winger slot. He'd probably love it
As per the 64 million dollar salary cap, they won't be able to come back unless they take a drastic reduction.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:58 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
As per the 64 million dollar salary cap, they won't be able to come back unless they take a drastic reduction.
I think they would take discounts. Iginla needs to be paired with Crosby not Malkin and Neal.

Murray needs to comeback because we need big defensemen, not just Orpik

There's going to be big moves this offseason.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:54 AM   #32 (permalink)

The rest of the league, especially the East, just got some great news!

Well, we can look forward to at least 3 more years without a Cup. Oh, I can already hear and see it now during next year's regular season. Pens will go on their usual winning streaks, be playing some damn good hockey for long periods, be getting great production from their stars, recieving solid goaltending from fleury and Vokoun (well, solid goaltending from Vokoun could happen in the playoffs, too), just like this year. Just like every year. People will be talking about what a good coach Bylsma is, how good the team is blah blah blah. Then they'll blow it in the playoffs. Like they do EVERY year.

But as I said before, at least we know. We KNOW not to expect a Cup for at least another 3 years.
#1 Collection : Barrasso
#2 Collection : Ron Hextall
Other : Crosby, Wregget, Malkin
NEED RON HEXTALL SPGU LETTER MARKS!!!
ncm7772 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:25 AM   #33 (permalink)

Penguins Agree to Terms with Evgeni Malkin on Eight-Year Contract Extension. The deal begins with the 2014-15 season and runs through the 2021-22 campaign, and has an average annual value of $9.5 million.
crabbygraphs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:26 AM   #34 (permalink)

Malkin just signed a 8 year 76 million dollar extension. I am glad that they are committed to Malkin, Crosby and Fleury cause thats 1/3 of the salary cap in those 3 players! Good bye role players. Man i hope the pens suck for many years to come lol
Old 06-13-2013, 09:49 AM   #35 (permalink)

Massive deal for Malkin. It sure sucks up A LOT of cap space though!
Old 06-13-2013, 01:15 PM   #36 (permalink)

They have $7,876,667 left in cap space with 3 RFA's & 7 UFA's

UFA's:
Iginla
Morrow
Cooke
Dupuis
Adams
Murray
Eaton

RFA's:
Kennedy
Jeffery
Borruzzo

I would try to sign Murray, Iginla, Dupuis, Adams. I'm ok with letting the others walk. Iginla, he's not worth the $7M he got in Calgary and it showed BIG TIME when he joined us. Remind him you gave up a 1st rd pick in this coming draft

Murray - $2.5 million
Dupuis - $1.5 million
Adams - $675,000
Iginla - $3 million

Leaves $201,667 in cap space and with Shero he could make a trade to dump salary like Niskanen $2,300,000 and bring up Despres in this spot and sign Bortuzzo and Thiessen. Dylan Reese would be a nice quiet signing as well.

Personally I think they should make a blockbuster trade and try to get Jonathan Drouin. I'm sure Florida or Tampa could use Letang. Seth Jones will go #1 bc he's a huge Avs fan.

Last edited by HeyFitzy; 06-13-2013 at 01:19 PM.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:23 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyFitzy View Post
They have $7,876,667 left in cap space with 3 RFA's & 7 UFA's

UFA's:
Iginla
Morrow
Cooke
Dupuis
Adams
Murray
Eaton

RFA's:
Kennedy
Jeffery
Borruzzo

I would try to sign Murray, Iginla, Dupuis, Adams. I'm ok with letting the others walk. Iginla, he's not worth the $7M he got in Calgary and it showed BIG TIME when he joined us. Remind him you gave up a 1st rd pick in this coming draft

Murray - $2.5 million
Dupuis - $1.5 million
Adams - $675,000
Iginla - $3 million

Leaves $201,667 in cap space and with Shero he could make a trade to dump salary like Niskanen $2,300,000 and bring up Despres in this spot and sign Bortuzzo and Thiessen. Dylan Reese would be a nice quiet signing as well.

Personally I think they should make a blockbuster trade and try to get Jonathan Drouin. I'm sure Florida or Tampa could use Letang. Seth Jones will go #1 bc he's a huge Avs fan.
Do you honestly think Dupuis is going to sign for $1.5M?
Old 06-13-2013, 04:11 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhcardinals3 View Post
I think he would. He loves playing in Pittsburgh.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:35 PM   #39 (permalink)
Banned

The numbers might work if Murray would get the 1.5 million and Dupuis would get the 2.5. I really hope they can sign Iggy, it was to short of a run for him with the team. I hope they can keep him because of losing the 1st round draft pick. Who knows maybe we can get some trading going on at the draft like last year. Morrow would be nice to have back also.
cardboardkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:00 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhcardinals3 View Post
Yes. He signed at $1.5M last year. He loves Pittsburgh and I could see him taking that offer again

Sadly I think Malkin's contract hints at the sign Letang may be departing
Old 06-13-2013, 05:04 PM   #41 (permalink)

Also keep in mind we have Pouliot in our system who could easily replace Letang
Old 06-13-2013, 05:06 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboardkilla View Post
The numbers might work if Murray would get the 1.5 million and Dupuis would get the 2.5. I really hope they can sign Iggy, it was to short of a run for him with the team. I hope they can keep him because of losing the 1st round draft pick. Who knows maybe we can get some trading going on at the draft like last year. Morrow would be nice to have back also.
I don't see Murray taking $1.5M after making $2.5M last year. He may be generous and take $2M if he loves Pittsburgh a lot

Morrow would be nice but it seemed like he didn't fit in very well

Then again I'm no expert
Old 06-13-2013, 05:07 PM   #43 (permalink)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

It's a great day for hockey folks! Great week, I should say.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:01 PM   #44 (permalink)

I hope to see latang come back
jeffmagley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:03 PM   #45 (permalink)

Iggy I'm 50/50 on. Can he be better in a full season? Maybe but we can't forget he's getting old for hockey
jeffmagley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:34 PM   #46 (permalink)

Letang won't be back. With her huge ego, you know she'll go somewhere she can get a huge raise.

While it's great that Malkin is now signed through his prime, that's a lot of cap on two guys (he and Crosby). Shero must be betting they'll be able to get secondary scoring cheap, and role players for next to nothing.

My opinions on the pending FA's

UFA's:
Iginla - see if he'll sign for cheap.
Morrow - Let him go. He'll ask for too much.
Cooke - Would like to see him stay. For a pay cut, though.
Dupuis - Really would love to see him back, but I see him taking a huge pay raise from somewhere else. Hell, offer him $3 mill, see what he says.
Adams - Don't care, but you know he'll take the league minimum. Good leader
Murray - Liked what he did, resign him.
Eaton - Resign him. I'm betting he'll stay for cheap.

RFA's:
Kennedy - Let him go unless he signs for $1 mill or less.
Jeffery - Useless. See ya.
Borruzzo - Young D-Man that has potential. Don't offer him a ton, but try to get him to stay.

Would like to see Dupuis back the most, with Iginla in 2nd, Murray in 3rd, and Cooke in 4th.

Last edited by ncm7772; 06-13-2013 at 06:38 PM.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:52 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncm7772 View Post
Letang won't be back. With her huge ego, you know she'll go somewhere she can get a huge raise.

While it's great that Malkin is now signed through his prime, that's a lot of cap on two guys (he and Crosby). Shero must be betting they'll be able to get secondary scoring cheap, and role players for next to nothing.

My opinions on the pending FA's

UFA's:
Iginla - see if he'll sign for cheap.
Morrow - Let him go. He'll ask for too much.
Cooke - Would like to see him stay. For a pay cut, though.
Dupuis - Really would love to see him back, but I see him taking a huge pay raise from somewhere else. Hell, offer him $3 mill, see what he says.
Adams - Don't care, but you know he'll take the league minimum. Good leader
Murray - Liked what he did, resign him.
Eaton - Resign him. I'm betting he'll stay for cheap.

RFA's:
Kennedy - Let him go unless he signs for $1 mill or less.
Jeffery - Useless. See ya.
Borruzzo - Young D-Man that has potential. Don't offer him a ton, but try to get him to stay.

Would like to see Dupuis back the most, with Iginla in 2nd, Murray in 3rd, and Cooke in 4th.
there is no way that dupuis is gonna sign with the pens, they can't afford to pay him. these guys have 1 maybe 2 shots to sign that big contract and dupuis stock has never been higher then now. he may love pittsburgh, but his pocket book will win out. he is gone

letang, no way that he is staying here either, same reason, can't afford to pay him.

yeah the pens have the 2 best players in the world now for the next 7 or so years, but at what cost to the rest of the team?

like i said, i hate the pens so i like the signing cause they won't be able to pay anyone else. plus with a lame ass coach who can't make any adjustments, this team is going no where!
Old 06-13-2013, 09:44 PM   #48 (permalink)

Dupuis will command 3.5 to 4 million a year and will get it. Either the Pens pay it or they lose him. Iginla, Morrow, Murray, Cooke and Kennedy will not be back. The Kennedy and Cooke money can be used to pay Dupuis. Bennett and Tanner Glass come cheap for next year and I'll take that.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:24 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotts View Post
there is no way that dupuis is gonna sign with the pens, they can't afford to pay him. these guys have 1 maybe 2 shots to sign that big contract and dupuis stock has never been higher then now. he may love pittsburgh, but his pocket book will win out. he is gone

letang, no way that he is staying here either, same reason, can't afford to pay him.

yeah the pens have the 2 best players in the world now for the next 7 or so years, but at what cost to the rest of the team?

like i said, i hate the pens so i like the signing cause they won't be able to pay anyone else. plus with a lame ass coach who can't make any adjustments, this team is going no where!
Dude you BADLY need to get a life. It's truly sad that you can hate a pro sports team so much.

** insert your barely legible rambling rhetoric "oh your just mad your team sucks lol **
Old 06-14-2013, 07:50 AM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotts View Post

So what team do you root for?