Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/17/14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2013, 08:16 AM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotts View Post
like i said, i hate the pens so i like the signing cause they won't be able to pay anyone else. plus with a lame ass coach who can't make any adjustments, this team is going no where!
No where but to the playoffs each year for the next 8 years. Enjoy.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:49 AM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbygraphs View Post
I think he would. He loves playing in Pittsburgh.
I would be absolutely shocked if he signed for $1.5M when he could probably get 3 times more somewhere else after the season he had.
rhcardinals3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:50 AM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncm7772 View Post
Letang won't be back. With her huge ego, you know she'll go somewhere she can get a huge raise.
Why do you hate Letang so much? Do you not like having Norris Trophy candidates on the team you cheer for??
rhcardinals3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:43 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhcardinals3 View Post
Why do you hate Letang so much? Do you not like having Norris Trophy candidates on the team you cheer for??
Yeah, I don't know why either. I love Letang. Every game I watch, he seems to be blocking shots, stealing pucks or at least break the puck's path so it doesn't get to the other guy, and hitting plenty of guys. I really hope we keep him. I would take him over Subban any day.
Old 06-14-2013, 05:21 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhcardinals3 View Post
Bad thing about Letang is that he is inconsistent. He can have a few big games in a row then just crumble the next. His attitude is the cause of it. If he had more "poise" I think he could be arguably the best d man in the league.

With Malkin's contract it almost spells the end of Letang in Pitt, he could get $7-8M a year from any team.
HeyFitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:05 AM   #56 (permalink)

After the Flyers signed Mark Streight to 5.25 million per year, anyone still think Letang will stay in Pittsburgh, lol, not a snowballs chance in hell.
scotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 03:55 PM   #57 (permalink)

My guesses are these:

-Dupuis will sign with the Pens for something in the neighborhood of 3 years, $10 million. Good deal for the team and fair for him.

-Letang will be traded on draft day, hopefully for a high first round draft choice. They won't have to worry about replacing him because his offense can't be replaced. But Despres will step in as a top 4 (which he should have been this year).

-Cooke - they may try to re-sign him at a bargain price, and he may stay. Or he may not. To me, he's the biggest wild card.

-Adams - will re-sign at a bargain price. He loves it here and DB loves him at a 4th line center.

-Bortuzzo - they have to re-sign him. He's ready for the NHL in a 5 or 6 slot, with potential to grow into a top 4. Big, tough, and a pretty good skater - you don't let a defenseman like that walk for nothing no matter who you have prospect-wise.

-Jeffrey and Kennedy - these two are tough to call. If Kennedy stays it would have to be for less than he made this year. Jeffrey is tough to get a read on - DB seems to like him but he couldn't crack the lineup a whole lot. I wouldn't care either way if he stayed or went. He reminds me of a Letestu type of player - low impact and no great loss.

-Morrow, Murray, Eaton and Iginla - let them walk. They'll all get more elsewhere than the Pens can pay them. DB had no idea how to use Iggy and I don't see that changing. Morrow would be a good replacement for Cooke if he doesn't re-sign, but he would probably cost more and may not want to fill a 3rd/4th line role. Murray is just too slow to play a regular role with the Pens. And Eaton looked like his tank was empty by end of the season.
rippit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:55 AM   #58 (permalink)

Dude, trading for Zolniercyzk? A true POS with little to no NHL-level talent. Not sure what's up with that.

On a plus note, they extended Kunitz for 3 more years, at $3.85 million cap.
#1 Collection : Barrasso
#2 Collection : Ron Hextall
Other : Crosby, Wregget, Malkin
NEED RON HEXTALL SPGU LETTER MARKS!!!
ncm7772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:31 AM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:

Ecstatic about this - now they have an idea of where they are and what they can offer for Cooke and Dupuis (plus Kunitz happens to be my favorite Penguin). I think Letang is as good as gone, either at the draft or before next season's trade deadline. They could even keep Letang for the season and then let him walk after as a free agent, because when you look at it objectively losing him for nothing would be no different then trading for a rental at the deadline.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:19 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippit View Post
Ecstatic about this - now they have an idea of where they are and what they can offer for Cooke and Dupuis (plus Kunitz happens to be my favorite Penguin). I think Letang is as good as gone, either at the draft or before next season's trade deadline. They could even keep Letang for the season and then let him walk after as a free agent, because when you look at it objectively losing him for nothing would be no different then trading for a rental at the deadline.
Yup, I'm OK w/ Kunitz for that price.

In a perfect world, Letang stays for a hometown discount. But we all know that won't happen. I picture her going to the highest bidder if Shero keeps him for the whole year. If Shero trades him during or before the season though, I really hope he gets someone damn good. Not one of the typical "player, prospect, pick" deals.
Old 06-27-2013, 04:36 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Dude, trading for Zolniercyzk? A true POS with little to no NHL-level talent. Not sure what's up with that.

Shameless post

Pulled that in a dominion tin I was like "seriously!?"
Old 06-27-2013, 11:16 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyFitzy View Post

Shameless post

Pulled that in a dominion tin I was like "seriously!?"
Lol for real.
Old 06-28-2013, 12:17 AM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Lol for real.
For real. Still have it too lol. I had no idea who he was till now haha

But it had a sweeter by the dozen /25 of the Avs/Wings so I didn't complain

Last edited by HeyFitzy; 06-28-2013 at 12:19 AM.
Old 06-30-2013, 11:56 PM   #64 (permalink)

Not sure why people are making threads that are related to the Penguins and not just posting it here...

The San Jose Sharks acquired pending restricted free agent forward Tyler Kennedy from the Pittsburgh Penguins for a second-round pick in Sunday's draft.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:36 AM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanieTheMan View Post
The San Jose Sharks acquired pending restricted free agent forward Tyler Kennedy from the Pittsburgh Penguins for a second-round pick in Sunday's draft.
Good move. I respect TK and his accomplishments in Pittsburgh, but after the awful season he just had (and the fact I've always thought he was overrated), this is a good move.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:49 AM   #66 (permalink)

So far not the off-season I'd wanted to see. So far, the team has :

- Retained a coach who can't win in the playoffs with a new contract
- Are (seemingly) about to sign Letang to a ridiculously over-paying contract
- Are keeping fleury, a goalie who cannot win in the playoffs and has zero self confidence, and already crowning him as next year's starter
- Have found no help at wing at all
- Looking like they'll be unlikely to re-sign Dupuis
Old 07-03-2013, 12:03 AM   #67 (permalink)

Penguins announced they re-signed winger Pascal Dupuis. The four-year deal is worth $15 million, a source told ESPN.com.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:46 AM   #68 (permalink)

Unbelievable that they locked up Letang, Dupuis, Malkin AND Kunitz long term. If the cap isn't up around $80 million in a couple of years they're gonna be in a world of hurt and they won't have any compliance buyout options. The nice thing about these signings is that they will still have sone spots to get the new blood into the lineup - Bennett can move into the Cooke slot (if they don't re-sign him) or the Morrow or Iginla slot. Viatle will play every night as 4th line center. Despres can move into the lineup in Murray's slot. Engelland and Bortuzzo can battle to replace Eaton. And then you still have Jokinen, who seems to be able to fill in on any line in any role.

All they need to do now is hire Dr. Phil as the goalie coach to straighten out the Flower.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:47 AM   #69 (permalink)

Oh, and one more thing - Jason Botterill should win the Nobel Prize for mathematics for making this all fit under the cap.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:51 AM   #70 (permalink)

I'm happy that Dupuis was resigned. But the pessimist in me doesn't like the length. 4 years at his age? That's pretty risky. He's tough as nails and doesn't get injured really ever, but that's a fair amount of $ to through at someone his age.

I'm happy they signed Scuderi, but not at all happy with the terms. Too long of a contract for a guy his age, and $3.375 million a season is WAY too much.

Resigning of Adams, I'm ok with. However, the only this team stops having one of the worst 4th lines in the league is if DB dresses Vitale every night. I admire Adams' and Glass' work ethics, but neither of them are going to add anything offensively (Blah blah blah "not the 4th line's job to score pleh pleh". Yes I know, but it'd be nice to get a goal once every few games from your 4th line).

I'm disappointed they didn't offer Cooke an extension. He's a good hockey player who brings physicality and some offense.

Not suprised they didn't attempt to resign Iginla. Not exactly disappointed.

Instead of signing 1 or 2 legit NHL players, they sign 4 career AHL scrubs. Chris Conner is the only one worth mentioning. I like the guys tenacity and effort, but he isn't going to bring much. This team is hurting for bottom 6 forwards. I really think the only way they improve themselves in that area is trading Niskanen for a quality forward or two. There are no prospects that can step up at this point, and I don't believe any of the 4 AHL scrubs will, either.

Gon' be an interestin' next few in Penguin land. Personally, I have a strong feeling the Pens might smell for years to come.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:58 PM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm happy that Dupuis was resigned. But the pessimist in me doesn't like the length. 4 years at his age? That's pretty risky. He's tough as nails and doesn't get injured really ever, but that's a fair amount of $ to through at someone his age.

I'm happy they signed Scuderi, but not at all happy with the terms. Too long of a contract for a guy his age, and $3.375 million a season is WAY too much.

Resigning of Adams, I'm ok with. However, the only this team stops having one of the worst 4th lines in the league is if DB dresses Vitale every night. I admire Adams' and Glass' work ethics, but neither of them are going to add anything offensively (Blah blah blah "not the 4th line's job to score pleh pleh". Yes I know, but it'd be nice to get a goal once every few games from your 4th line).

I'm disappointed they didn't offer Cooke an extension. He's a good hockey player who brings physicality and some offense.

Not suprised they didn't attempt to resign Iginla. Not exactly disappointed.

Instead of signing 1 or 2 legit NHL players, they sign 4 career AHL scrubs. Chris Conner is the only one worth mentioning. I like the guys tenacity and effort, but he isn't going to bring much. This team is hurting for bottom 6 forwards. I really think the only way they improve themselves in that area is trading Niskanen for a quality forward or two. There are no prospects that can step up at this point, and I don't believe any of the 4 AHL scrubs will, either.

Gon' be an interestin' next few in Penguin land. Personally, I have a strong feeling the Pens might smell for years to come.
Smell huh lol, a bad bad smell or are we talking just a kinda bad whiff you can get?

I'm glad Kennedy is gone and they didnt sign Iginla. Worried about how much money they tie into Kristine Letang, but heres hoping for the best!! GO PENS!
http://s421.photobucket.com/albums/pp297/Koppper/Sports%20Card%20Collection/
Koppper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:29 AM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppper View Post
Smell huh lol, a bad bad smell or are we talking just a kinda bad whiff you can get?

I'm glad Kennedy is gone and they didnt sign Iginla. Worried about how much money they tie into Kristine Letang, but heres hoping for the best!! GO PENS!
Yes, I mean smell bad!
Old 07-09-2013, 03:32 PM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes, I mean smell bad!
Ugh......I hope your wrong, I have mostly enjoyed penguins hockey lately......lol
Old 07-10-2013, 10:36 AM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koppper View Post
Ugh......I hope your wrong, I have mostly enjoyed penguins hockey lately......lol
I hope I'm wrong too. The Pens will still have 2 of the best lines in the NHL as their top 2, but there's NOTHING on the 3rd + 4th line. A trade has to made for this to happen, as there's simply not enough $ to sign a legit forward.

Coupled with the fact fleury is still on this team, it might be a LONG while before the Pens even smell playoff success.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:41 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
I hope I'm wrong too. The Pens will still have 2 of the best lines in the NHL as their top 2, but there's NOTHING on the 3rd + 4th line. A trade has to made for this to happen, as there's simply not enough $ to sign a legit forward.

Coupled with the fact fleury is still on this team, it might be a LONG while before the Pens even smell playoff success.
Yeah his inability to stay focused is frustrating, it seems like he has it all figured out at times, like his one good playoff run, then he just falls apart looks like a freshman goalie playing agaisnt NHL stars......oooo MAF.....where are your balls.....lol.