Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2013, 03:23 PM   #76 (permalink)

Never fear, everything will be fine - we just signed Matt D'Agostini. He could be next year's Zach Boychuk.
rippit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:21 PM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippit View Post
Never fear, everything will be fine - we just signed Matt D'Agostini. He could be next year's Zach Boychuk.
I LOLed when I read about the signing. This guy in a top 6 role? "Oh hoho, my sides."

Overall, for as cheap as he is, it's not a bad signing. I just don't think he's the answer.
#1 Collection : Barrasso
#2 Collection : Ron Hextall
Other : Crosby, Wregget, Malkin
NEED RON HEXTALL SPGU LETTER MARKS!!!

Last edited by ncm7772; 07-11-2013 at 09:01 AM.
ncm7772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:13 AM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncm7772 View Post
I LOLed when I read about the signing. This guy in a top 6 role? "Oh hoho, my sides."

Overall, for as cheap as he is, it's not a bad signing. I just don't think he's the answer.
He won't be top 6 - top 6 are pretty much set.

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Neal-Malkin-Bennett (probably)

There could be some interesting combos on the 3rd & 4th lines - something like:

3rd - Sutter-Jeffrey (your favorite lol)-Jokinen
4th - Adams-Vitale-Glass (no scoring but a punishing line for hitting)

D looks good too - the only negative on the Scuds signing is it pushes Despres out of the top 4 again. He'll probably be on the 3rd pair with Engelland or Bortuzzo. I'm assuming (along with everyone else) that Nisky will be traded.

The REAL problem, as usual, is in goal. I probably said this before somewhere in this thread, but they need to hire Dr. Phil as the goaltending coach. Actually, it would be nice if they hired SOMEONE - we're less than 3 months from opening day and they have a goalie who's a mental train wreck and no goalie coach.

All in all, I see a team that's going to be competitive and that should make the playoffs, but not a Cup contender. As is usually the case, it all depends on the goaltending - they'll go as far as their #1 (whoever that ends up being) takes them. And if it ends up being Fleury, that will probably be a #4-#7 seed and a first round playoff exit.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:40 AM   #79 (permalink)

Is anyone going to the Prospects game?
Old 07-20-2013, 09:21 AM   #80 (permalink)

Only 2 1/2 more months until we can start a "Pens 2013-14 Thread"

Old 07-20-2013, 09:26 AM   #81 (permalink)

Meant to post this with my last post
Attached Thumbnails
Pittsburgh Penguins 2013-14 Offseason/Season Thread-20130720penguins_sched700.jpg  
Old 08-05-2013, 02:57 PM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:
Only 2 1/2 more months until we can start a "Pens 2013-14 Thread"

No need to! That's why I added a "offseason/season" to the title of this thread! So, this thread will encompass both seasons! Has anything new happened recently in the Pens organization?

Blowout's biggest Cardinals fan
SeanieTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:18 AM   #83 (permalink)

LOVE the Jacques Martin hire. But are they EVER going to hire a goaltending coach? They said this morning they'll hire one within "weeks." That's great - how many weeks are we talking about here?
Old 08-12-2013, 04:55 PM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
LOVE the Jacques Martin hire. But are they EVER going to hire a goaltending coach? They said this morning they'll hire one within "weeks." That's great - how many weeks are we talking about here?
We obviously don't need a goalie coach, Fleury doesn't need any help!

Old 08-23-2013, 03:07 PM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanieTheMan View Post
We obviously don't need a goalie coach, Fleury doesn't need any help!
Don't worry, we can all relax now - he has a new mask. Now if he can just get a new head to put inside of it.
Old 08-23-2013, 03:59 PM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:
Don't worry, we can all relax now - he has a new mask. Now if he can just get a new head to put inside of it.
LMFAO, have not laughed this hard in a long time, thanks for helping me get through what has been a pretty 'shitty' Fri.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:14 AM   #87 (permalink)

Goalie coach hired. Not that it'll help that POS fleury.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:42 PM   #88 (permalink)

They're still one of the preseason favorites for the Cup. I am so sick of hearing that. I can only imagine how fans of other teams feel about it. They probably just laugh at this point.

I don't care if they go 82-0 in the regular season - nothing matters until April. I don't care if Fleury wins the Vezina, the Hart, or the Art Ross for that matter. I don't care if Crosby or Malkin win the Art Ross and/or the Hart, or if Letang wins the Norris, or if Bylsma wins the Adams AND a gold medal in Sochi, or if Shero wins GM of the Year. The only individual award that matters for this team is the Conn Smythe.

This could be the least enjoyable regular season for me since the year before they drafted Crosby - and that includes the regular season that was lost due to the lockout. But still I will watch, and still I will go to the games. Why? Because hockey is like being in an abusive relationship - no matter how many times I'm disappointed and hurt, I keep coming back with my empty bowl: "Please sir, may I have some more?"
Old 08-30-2013, 02:48 PM   #89 (permalink)

Quote:
They're still one of the preseason favorites for the Cup. I am so sick of hearing that. I can only imagine how fans of other teams feel about it. They probably just laugh at this point.

I don't care if they go 82-0 in the regular season - nothing matters until April. I don't care if Fleury wins the Vezina, the Hart, or the Art Ross for that matter. I don't care if Crosby or Malkin win the Art Ross and/or the Hart, or if Letang wins the Norris, or if Bylsma wins the Adams AND a gold medal in Sochi, or if Shero wins GM of the Year. The only individual award that matters for this team is the Conn Smythe.

This could be the least enjoyable regular season for me since the year before they drafted Crosby - and that includes the regular season that was lost due to the lockout. But still I will watch, and still I will go to the games. Why? Because hockey is like being in an abusive relationship - no matter how many times I'm disappointed and hurt, I keep coming back with my empty bowl: "Please sir, may I have some more?"
I agree with everything you just said. But SO much of the big statement! I'm beyond sick of hearing that crap.
Old 08-31-2013, 09:20 AM   #90 (permalink)

I wish the experts would pick the Pens to miss the playoffs. Maybe that would spark their asses a little....
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:36 AM   #91 (permalink)

I'm looking forward to watching the Penguins first preseason game, but I live in Chicago unfortunately. Will there be any possible way to watch the game? Will they stream it on some website maybe? Thanks!

Old 09-10-2013, 08:47 AM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanieTheMan View Post
I'm looking forward to watching the Penguins first preseason game, but I live in Chicago unfortunately. Will there be any possible way to watch the game? Will they stream it on some website maybe? Thanks!
Try the Pens official web site - if it's anywhere it will be on there.
Old 09-13-2013, 09:56 AM   #93 (permalink)

Fleury is in playoff form - 4 goals on 5 shots in a scrimmage.

Good God, I sound like an SEC football fan, getting bent out of shape about a SCRIMMAGE.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:03 AM   #94 (permalink)

To continue getting bent out of shape...

According to multiple reports, Despres showed up woefully out of shape and finished 50 feet behind the pack in a skating drill. Send his lazy #@#@#@ home NOW - don't even wait for the first cut date. Do it NOW. Send a message. Unbelievable - he did the same thing last year. And the job was his for the taking. I'm a big fan of the kid - he has all the tools you want in a d-man. But I'm starting to think he doesn't have the toolbox to put them in.
Old 09-13-2013, 11:14 AM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:
Fleury is in playoff form - 4 goals on 5 shots in a scrimmage.

Good God, I sound like an SEC football fan, getting bent out of shape about a SCRIMMAGE.
Jesus, not exactly what I needed to see mid-morning of the last day of a long-ass week. Well, this COULD be a good thing. COULD be. We all know that fleury is capable of being a solid goaltender in the regular season, then poops his panties in the playoffs (yes, he won a Cup. 4 years ago. There's been no worse playoff goalie since. Stats will prove that). Because he continues to play well in the regular season, they keep giving the scrub chances. MAYBE this is what needs to happen for Shero to wise up and buy his a$$ out.

Quote:
To continue getting bent out of shape...

According to multiple reports, Despres showed up woefully out of shape and finished 50 feet behind the pack in a skating drill. Send his lazy #@#@#@ home NOW - don't even wait for the first cut date. Do it NOW. Send a message. Unbelievable - he did the same thing last year. And the job was his for the taking. I'm a big fan of the kid - he has all the tools you want in a d-man. But I'm starting to think he doesn't have the toolbox to put them in.

SMDH. Kid has talent, but I'm really not sure why everyone gets so hard over him. He has the natural size to be a great NHL d-man, and seemingly does nothing in the off-season. Fugg 'im. There's d-man all over the world that would kill to be in his position, I'm sure they could find one.

But hey, we're alright, cause we're the pre-season Cup favorites. UGH!!! I might hate that more than you!
Old 09-13-2013, 11:15 AM   #96 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
I wish the experts would pick the Pens to miss the playoffs. Maybe that would spark their asses a little....
This x19860864
Old 09-15-2013, 01:28 PM   #97 (permalink)

Hey all, I'm trying to watch the preseason from northern Virginia. Any tips on channels or online streaming?
PensFan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:43 PM   #98 (permalink)

Penguins game will be on NHL Network at 5 PM central time.

Old 09-15-2013, 07:46 PM   #99 (permalink)

Fleury sucks. Why is he our starting goalie for the season? Why did we not get rid of him? Why did we not pick up a goalie in the off-season? Why is Vokoun not starting? Why does Fleury always give up a goal when we have the lead?

Old 09-15-2013, 10:41 PM   #100 (permalink)

Wow. Given up 5 goals. Sloppy game.