Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2013, 11:49 PM   #26 (permalink)

Chara is the biggest scumbag in the NHL. Can't stand the guy.

Blowout's biggest Cardinals fan
SeanieTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:53 PM   #27 (permalink)

Did Rask just say the ice gets shitty? Haha
Old 06-18-2013, 12:06 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanieTheMan View Post
Yea it's tough to like a player who once again dominated the opponent, and he just WINS!!

2 down and 2 to go!!

GO B'S GO!!!!
Old 06-18-2013, 02:29 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
Yea it's tough to like a player who once again dominated the opponent, and he just WINS!!

2 down and 2 to go!!

GO B'S GO!!!!
It's not that. I could care less about how good he is. I know he's a very good player. I don't like the Hawks either. But, whenever I see him, his face just screams "I'm a huge douchebag and I know it". He plays dirty too. Anyone remember his Pacioretty hit? Almost killed a man due to his dirty play.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:05 AM   #30 (permalink)

hopefully the hawks can pay the refs.
more money
maybe the right calls can go the hawks way
not the the B's getting away with
everything...

go hawks GO...
manthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:03 AM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
It's not that. I could care less about how good he is. I know he's a very good player. I don't like the Hawks either. But, whenever I see him, his face just screams "I'm a huge douchebag and I know it". He plays dirty too. Anyone remember his Pacioretty hit? Almost killed a man due to his dirty play.
I'm not a fan of Chara at all, but the Pacioretty hit was no different than any other interference along the boards. It wasn't Chara's fault that it just happened to coincide with MP crashing into that stanchion.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 04:53 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Says the guy who's a fan of the Penguins who happen to employ a guy named Matt Cooke and formerly employed the dirtiest player of all-time in Ulf Samuelsson.

Chara's hit was a product of rink design. He was not suspended or fined as a result of his hit. Tons of guys have been checked into the stanchion. That was one aggressive hockey play that went wrong. Chara is not a cheap-shot artist, like say, Matt Cooke or Ulf Samuelsson. Chara has never been suspended in 15 years.

uStream link - http://www.ustream.tv/channel/dlab85-case-breaks
dlab85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:18 AM   #33 (permalink)

Anybody around here going to the game tomorrow night? Just wondering.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:46 PM   #34 (permalink)

Pivotal game tonight. If the Hawks don't wake up they are done. I'm a former player (not from the NHL ranks of course ) and have been a fan of the game for 25 years so I understand the emotional swings and momentum associated with a game and series, but I have NEVER seen such a dramatic shift. Period 1 of game 2 was absolutely dominated by the Hawks, ever since it has been all Bruins. I am a huge Hawks fan but respect the Bruins' skill - seems every single one of their players is clicking right now, and given their extraordinary depth that is saying something. In my opinion, Hawks lose unless they do the following tonight:
1) Speed the game up. Keep Stalberg in, give Frolik more than 12 minutes. The speed players have had success moving the puck in this series...
2) Desperately need Hossa to shake whatever injury he has - he has been awesome in the playoffs and they miss him. They were a totally different team in game 3, and not in a good way.
3) Bench Bolland, and reduce Leddy's minutes. I have always hated Leddy - he can skate but is the easiest of the Hawks D-men to burn, and got toasted for a goal in both game 2 and game 3.
4) Stop trying to be so damn pretty on the PP. Fire. The. Puck. On. Net. I am sick of watching Kane dance for 20 seconds, only to turn it over or shoot wide for an easy clear. Not to take anything away from Boston's D, which has been stellar on the kill, but Chicago is killing themselves on the power play.
5) Defensively, cover the passing lanes in front of the net. All too often in this series Boston has had great looks from within 30-35 feet, most of them have been defensible plays but the Hawks have been out of position. Crawford has played pretty well, but no one can stop an uncovered 30 foot slap/snap shot from a good shooter...

All told, can't wait for the game. No matter who wins this series, they will have earned it. Go Hawks!
erock28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:24 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by erock28 View Post
5) Defensively, cover the passing lanes in front of the net. All too often in this series Boston has had great looks from within 30-35 feet, most of them have been defensible plays but the Hawks have been out of position. Crawford has played pretty well, but no one can stop an uncovered 30 foot slap/snap shot from a good shooter...

All told, can't wait for the game. No matter who wins this series, they will have earned it. Go Hawks!
Great points... this is also what Chicago needs to do offensively if they would like to score. Rask wasn't even tested in game 3. The Bruins defense has been doing an outstanding job around the net forcing the Hawks into outside shots.

They are also being dominated physically and I think the Bruins are wearing them down. They need to respond tonight, on the road (where they have not been good in the playoffs this year), or else this thing is headed back 3-1 and they are going to be in serious trouble. I'm not saying they need to be the Penguins and try to outhit the Bruins (that certainly didn't work), but they do need to show some ferocity. They have looked like the Montreal Canadiens at times.

I'm psyched for tonight. Nothing like Stanley Cup hockey!

Old 06-19-2013, 01:38 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlab85 View Post
Great points... this is also what Chicago needs to do offensively if they would like to score. Rask wasn't even tested in game 3. The Bruins defense has been doing an outstanding job around the net forcing the Hawks into outside shots.

They are also being dominated physically and I think the Bruins are wearing them down. They need to respond tonight, on the road (where they have not been good in the playoffs this year), or else this thing is headed back 3-1 and they are going to be in serious trouble. I'm not saying they need to be the Penguins and try to outhit the Bruins (that certainly didn't work), but they do need to show some ferocity. They have looked like the Montreal Canadiens at times.

I'm psyched for tonight. Nothing like Stanley Cup hockey!
Yeah, your first sentence sums it up - game 3 was nothing but low percentage shots from the outside, not just the PP. Tribute to Boston but also what Chicago is trying to do offensively. They do have the speed to beat Boston and open up some lanes, the game plan and execution need to be tweaked. I think I could have pitched a shutout in game 3, they didn't even need Rask .

I agree with CHI looking worn down, but again it comes back to a style thing. I was pissed when Q started Bollig in games 1 & 2 - like he was trying to slow it down and outhit Boston. That's not going to happen. Take some chances, play your speed and try to make Boston play Chicago's game. The Hawks can be devastating at creating chances when they use that speed to open up the ice...

Also would make for a crazy fun series, as Boston has some great speed players of their own! 7 and a half hours to go....
erock28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:40 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
wah wah wah...wats the matter u cant handle the fact that Bickell poked the bear and Chara destroyed him
Trimarchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 01:43 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by manthis View Post
hopefully the hawks can pay the refs.
more money
maybe the right calls can go the hawks way
not the the B's getting away with
everything...

go hawks GO...
Right Calls??? so ur telling me that as a Hawks fan you WANT TO SEE YOUR TEAM ON THE POWER PLAY??? thats a joke..look at the stats the hawks have gotten more power plays than boston..why dont u just start calling out your star players because thats where the problem is..Toews is NO WHERE...and can u tell me if P#$$y Kane has played yet this series..because all i heard before the series is that Kane is a beast..well he looks like a bust to me
Trimarchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:48 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimarchi View Post
wah wah wah...wats the matter u cant handle the fact that Bickell poked the bear and Chara destroyed him
This is why I can't stand Boston teams. Their fans make me hate them. You're just immature and ignorant. You talk like you're still in elementary school. Learn some grammar and punctuation. I can't take you serious when you're still typing "u" for the word "you". I'm not even a Chicago fan. I hate the Hawks. I just hate Chara even more.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:26 PM   #40 (permalink)

Kane and Toews need to show up tonight or the Hawks are in trouble, they have been so ineffective so far. Sharp played fairly well first two games, but also vanished in Game 3.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:30 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
This is why I can't stand Boston teams. Their fans make me hate them. You're just immature and ignorant. You talk like you're still in elementary school. Learn some grammar and punctuation. I can't take you serious when you're still typing "u" for the word "you". I'm not even a Chicago fan. I hate the Hawks. I just hate Chara even more.
Not all of us are like that
u shuld no all of us rnt lik tht
Old 06-19-2013, 08:14 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFan28 View Post
Not all of us are like that
u shuld no all of us rnt lik tht
I guess you're alright...

Old 06-19-2013, 09:00 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimarchi View Post
Right Calls??? so ur telling me that as a Hawks fan you WANT TO SEE YOUR TEAM ON THE POWER PLAY??? thats a joke..look at the stats the hawks have gotten more power plays than boston..why dont u just start calling out your star players because thats where the problem is..Toews is NO WHERE...and can u tell me if P#$$y Kane has played yet this series..because all i heard before the series is that Kane is a beast..well he looks like a bust to me

my range of emotions reading the post!
BOOMER7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:34 PM   #44 (permalink)

Solid start
StraightCash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:12 PM   #45 (permalink)

These NHL announcers are biased towards Boston. Again, they're rooting for Boston due to the terrorist attack.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:14 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
These NHL announcers are biased towards Boston. Again, they're rooting for Boston due to the terrorist attack.
:sigh: really???? Or how about they finished the period by outplaying Chicago

Old 06-19-2013, 10:23 PM   #47 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlab85 View Post
:sigh: really???? Or how about they finished the period by outplaying Chicago
This.......
hxcdavidjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:06 PM   #48 (permalink)

High scoring Period, glad Boston is only down by one. Those 2 on 1 goals And Kelly!!!! That would have been huge going to the 3rd tied at 4.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:09 PM   #49 (permalink)

If you didn't enjoy that period of Hockey, turn off the TV. Both teams having some really good moments

I gotta say, it's hard to dislike the Hawks... They are as skilled as Pittsburgh with a better goalie and defense. They also have less crybabies.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:49 PM   #50 (permalink)

tonight's game is simply great !!
gingerscards is online now   Reply With Quote