Blowout Cards Forums
ebay event 8.25.14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2013, 10:52 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Reason I love Hockey #9; Chicago ad

Now respect runs deep in hockey, culminating in the shaking of hands at the end of the series. But this gesture by the Blackhawks was above and beyond;

Blackhawks take out full-page ad in 'Globe' thanking city of Boston - SBNation.com

Very classy move by a classy organization. Once again putting hockey on a different level than the other sports.

"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isnít that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:24 AM   #2 (permalink)

Saw this in the paper and was impressed at the 'gesture' from the Blackhawks organization, this acknowledgement after the tough year he had here was truly a class act by the ownership of this club!

Where I still don't like the fact that the Bruins fell (2) games shy of obtaining the toughest Trophy in professional sports, I don't mind saying we lost it to such a 'classy organization'.

Congrats again to the City of Chicago and their beloved Blackhawks, and enjoy your day in the sun today as the City of Boston knows your team deserves it
Old 06-28-2013, 01:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

Ever since Rocky took over when his Father passed away, this Blackhawks Team/Organization has been nothing but fantastic to it's fans....... That full page ad is just a taste for the rest of the league of what we as fans have been experiencing the last few years...... I'm proud to call myself a fan of the NHL for the last 35 years, but even more proud to call myself a Chicago Blackhawks fan !!!! I remember going to games at the old Stadium and it being half-full ........ When I was old enough, I had a job in the locker rooms as a "stick boy" ...... Boy, I wish I had those days back....... Now today, I serve and protect this fine city and I couldn't be more proud !!!! To the Bruins fans, I'm sorry for the tough year you all have had...... Keep your heads up and know that there is light at the end of the tunnel...... Hope to see you again next year in the Finals...... Not gonna lie, "With the same outcome" !!!!