Blowout Cards Forums
Shop MyLocker.net Today!

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2013, 02:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Boston close in dealing Seguin to the Dallas Stars

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/sta...49443525115906
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

THANK YOU SEGUIN (clap clap clap clap clap) THANK YOU SEGUIN (clap clap clap clap clap).

Ah, great day to be a Leaf fan!
Old 07-04-2013, 02:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
THANK YOU SEGUIN (clap clap clap clap clap) THANK YOU SEGUIN (clap clap clap clap clap).

Ah, great day to be a Leaf fan!
Please, bruins still wouldn't want kessell anyways. And btw nice choke
Trimarchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimarchi View Post
I guess when you haven't won a Cup since the 60's you need something to get excited about, poor little Leafs.......

I personally would prefer the B's hang onto Seguin but I do always put my trust in the ownership's decisions.
Old 07-04-2013, 02:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Right, I'm sure the Bruins wouldn't want Kessel and his point-per-game play .

And btw nice choke.
Old 07-04-2013, 02:43 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matpat21 View Post
I guess when you haven't won a Cup since the 60's you need something to get excited about, poor little Leafs.......

I personally would prefer the B's hang onto Seguin but I do always put my trust in the ownership's decisions.
I guess when your team chokes away game seven in the Stanley Cup Finals in 17 seconds you feel the need to insult other teams playoff results. Poor little Bruins...
Old 07-04-2013, 02:54 PM   #7 (permalink)

Wow this sounds nuts lol
RBKSNIPZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 03:06 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
I guess when your team chokes away game seven in the Stanley Cup Finals in 17 seconds you feel the need to insult other teams playoff results. Poor little Bruins...
At least the Bruins know what the Stanley Cup finals fees like.

Please correct me if I am wrong but aren't the Leafs the team with the current longest ongoing draught between Stanley Cup wins? If that is in fact the case then I certainly understand why this would be a good day for a Leafs fan as there hasn't been much else to celebrate....
Old 07-04-2013, 03:14 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
At least the Bruins know what the Stanley Cup finals fees like.

Please correct me if I am wrong but aren't the Leafs the team with the current longest ongoing draught between Stanley Cup wins? If that is in fact the case then I certainly understand why this would be a good day for a Leafs fan as there hasn't been much else to celebrate....
That is correct, yes. Although St. Louis has never won a Stanley Cup, been in the league since expansion, the last time Toronto won. So there's that...

Still, if Kessel were on the trading block after a lousy season or two people would be going to town on the Leafs, Brian Burke, and their fans. Kessel has become one of the better players in the league, and Seguin has yet to break out as a top player. Now that he's on the trading block, it's time to have a little fun .
Old 07-04-2013, 03:33 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
That is correct, yes. Although St. Louis has never won a Stanley Cup, been in the league since expansion, the last time Toronto won. So there's that...

Still, if Kessel were on the trading block after a lousy season or two people would be going to town on the Leafs, Brian Burke, and their fans. Kessel has become one of the better players in the league, and Seguin has yet to break out as a top player. Now that he's on the trading block, it's time to have a little fun .
I gotcha I actually don't even dislike the Leafs. The only team that I can't stand at all would be the Canucks....

Enjoy your day and enjoy your hockey, I know if I was a Leafs fan then I would be celebrating also lol, I guess I am just bitter today because I don't want the B's to give up on Seguin so early.
Old 07-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #11 (permalink)

I think this is a possible win-win for both teams, although I don't think the move of Seguin decides anything about the Kessel trade.

The Bruins are getting a guy who always comes up in the "most underrated" discussion, and who is a strong top-six forward signed at a reasonable rate (about $4.5m per season) for another three years. He'll score goals and help an already strong penalty killing unit. He's less of a cap hit going forward for Boston, which is also a large consideration.

The Stars get a player who will replace Erkisson, and who while he had a disappointing season still possesses a much higher ceiling. The pressure will be on Seguin now that he doesn't have the same depth around him that he had in Boston, but he will also have a chance to be the alpha dog in Dallas.

Who wins the trade? Tough to say, we'll know more in two years. And I don't think Seguin being moved says anything about the Kessel trade, either. This is a move being made to free up some cap space, and to add another veteran to a team led by a coach who has never been a big fan of young players. A lot of factors at play in this deal, now we get to sit back and see what happens.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 03:54 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Ahaha bostons choke was a little worse buddy haha
hockeykid_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:01 PM   #13 (permalink)

Great deal for both teams I think.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:06 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeykid_97 View Post
Ahaha bostons choke was a little worse buddy haha
Ummm just an FYI, no one takes anything serious from someone with the word "kid" in their username .....
Old 07-04-2013, 04:38 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:

I agree- I would've preferred we stick with Seguin. His first two years he was fine, and now he has one terrible playoff run after a lockout shortened season and the Bruins seem quick to overreact and bail on him. I'm very surprised by the trade myself and we'll see how this works out next year.
Magickyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:44 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magickyak View Post
I agree- I would've preferred we stick with Seguin. His first two years he was fine, and now he has one terrible playoff run after a lockout shortened season and the Bruins seem quick to overreact and bail on him. I'm very surprised by the trade myself and we'll see how this works out next year.

He wasn't traded becuase of his playoff performance. Your coach doesn't like him.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:49 PM   #17 (permalink)

Well yeah... I guess there is that too =) Forgot about that and at least that starts to make a little more sense.
Magickyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 04:53 PM   #18 (permalink)

Supposedly there are a lot of maturity issues with Seguin, on and off the ice. BruinsGM pretty much ripped him apart last week in the media.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:03 PM   #19 (permalink)

Being a Bruins fan, not to excited about this trade. Jumping the gun with Seguin prematurely in my opinion. What are they drinking in Boston lately? Can only hope they are seeing something I'm not. Effin pissed to be honest.
eb12057 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:08 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Bruins would have won the cup with Kessel... I do think they gave up too early on Seguin though.

uStream link - http://www.ustream.tv/channel/dlab85-case-breaks
dlab85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:09 PM   #21 (permalink)

Seguin is really really good in my opinion. I think they will look back on this trade on day with regret. Dallas will be a better opportunity for him to shine.
password- jetscollector
jetscollector10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:12 PM   #22 (permalink)

Loving this.....Bruins will be rolling four lines next year. Soderberg replacing Peverley on third line and two strong PP units.

Seguin to the West and Horton as well....
"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isnít that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:21 PM   #23 (permalink)

This is going to go down as one of the worst trades in NHL history. Boston blew it big time.
frozenntimesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:10 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozenntimesports View Post
This is going to go down as one of the worst trades in NHL history. Boston blew it big time.
Getting rid of Peverley's horrendous contract is the best part to me. They needed cap room to extend Tuukka and Bergeron. Eriksson will work as a top 6 forward in Claude's scheme. This move probably benefits Seguin as well.

They need to find another top 6 forward on the market and they will be just fine. I actually think Paille could play a wing on their top 6, but Claude is unwilling to break he, Campbell and Thornton up.

Bergeron, Marchand, Krejci, Lucic all are in their primes... The biggest issue is going to be developing Dougie Hamilton (the only thing standing in the way of the Kessel trade being a major FAIL) as Chara isn't getting any younger. He was not overly impressive, but he is still young I guess.

uStream link - http://www.ustream.tv/channel/dlab85-case-breaks
dlab85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:25 PM   #25 (permalink)

Don't like seeing Seguin leave, 3 years after drafting him second overall seems too soon.