Blowout Cards Forums
Labor Day

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2013, 04:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2013/14 O-Pee-Chee checklist

Does anyone on the board know if the checklist has been released yet? If so where can it be viewed?
Johnnycoldcuts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:09 AM   #2 (permalink)

Upper Deck Sports | Hockey - Athlete

Looking for anything in particular? I have 10 cases coming and am going to be moving a lot of sets. Some player requests, but mostly team and complete sets.
BillInDallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:09 AM   #3 (permalink)

This set looks to be a lot tougher to complete than in past years. With 100 rookies and only 8 per box you can't even get a complete set out of a case (12 boxes X 8 rookies per box = 96 rookies per case). And the Legends are mixed in with the base set 1-500. I'm curious to see how this will affect the set prices.
rippit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:30 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippit View Post
This set looks to be a lot tougher to complete than in past years. With 100 rookies and only 8 per box you can't even get a complete set out of a case (12 boxes X 8 rookies per box = 96 rookies per case). And the Legends are mixed in with the base set 1-500. I'm curious to see how this will affect the set prices.
The Retro sets are going to be even more difficult with the way the retro rookies have been seeded. Reports of retro rookie hot boxes are out there, with other boxes coming up incredibly light on retro rookies. Should be interesting...
Old 08-07-2013, 08:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

This seems a little weird though Im not complaining. Just received a case of OPC and starting breaking. The first box in and this what I got

(16) Marquee RCs
(36) rainbow parallels /100 (5 being Marquee Rc's)
(16) stickers

The second box is starting to yield the same result half way through. Did I just not understand something on the odds or is the /100 parallel one per pack?
Old 08-07-2013, 11:42 PM   #6 (permalink)

Should be breaking my case tomorrow and will post results! Can't wait!
"You have to break by the case" Zammos1 3:16
hairysasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:59 PM   #7 (permalink)

Yeah, I just got 252 total parallels out of /100. Some of duplicate players with different serial #'s. I also got 201 Marquee RC's and 154 sticker cards. However, I got no Autographs and only 2 patches. Thats the downside.

Very weird case.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:50 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnycoldcuts View Post
Yeah, I just got 252 total parallels out of /100. Some of duplicate players with different serial #'s. I also got 201 Marquee RC's and 154 sticker cards. However, I got no Autographs and only 2 patches. Thats the downside.

Very weird case.
Weird case indeed - there are "hot boxes" but you seem to have hit a "hot case" (well, minus the autos and patches).

I have a couple of cases coming in today - I'll post the results if I get a chance but I have to get them ready for a show on Sunday so I'll probably just post them in summary form.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:06 AM   #9 (permalink)

I also got 2 boxes that were retro marquee rookies almost every pack. Ended up with 58 of those. Yeah im interested in what you all come up with. I've never really seen something like this since i started opening cases from 07/08 OPC.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:18 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:

Very weird case.
Contact UD customer service about the missing patches and autos and they'll take care of you - I came up two patches short on a case on 12-13 OPC and they sent me the missing patches.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:06 AM   #11 (permalink)

The collation for OPC has been an absolute disaster. I don't know if it was a result of them trying this ridiculous hot box idea, or if there was an even bigger problem at the plant. I have 10 cases coming today and am honestly very scared of what will pop out given how I've seen cases all over the place.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:10 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Contact UD customer service about the missing patches and autos and they'll take care of you - I came up two patches short on a case on 12-13 OPC and they sent me the missing patches.

Thanks for the info, I did that not knowing what I may hear back from them, but thanks for the info bud!!
Old 08-08-2013, 11:13 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillInDallas View Post
The collation for OPC has been an absolute disaster. I don't know if it was a result of them trying this ridiculous hot box idea, or if there was an even bigger problem at the plant. I have 10 cases coming today and am honestly very scared of what will pop out given how I've seen cases all over the place.

I ended up averaging a /100 black parallel every two packs after I counted it up and a Marquee Rookie or Retro Marquee Rookie 1:1 on packs. Im ecstatic about it, but no AUTOS is pretty BS.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:30 PM   #14 (permalink)

Anyone know how to find the pack odds? Not on wrappers or boxes, and couldn't find it on the website - yet some Canadian eBay listings had some of the pre-WWII patches at 1:5,072 packs or something...?

NVM, found it: http://www.cardboardconnection.com/2...e-hockey-cards

Last edited by hairysasquatch; 08-08-2013 at 01:32 PM.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:53 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairysasquatch View Post
Anyone know how to find the pack odds? Not on wrappers or boxes, and couldn't find it on the website - yet some Canadian eBay listings had some of the pre-WWII patches at 1:5,072 packs or something...?

NVM, found it: 2013-14 O-Pee-Chee Hockey Checklist, Set Info, Boxes, Reviews, More
I havent found the odds for those pre-WW2 patches but i know the logo patches come 4 per case, 2 OPC Signatures per case and 1 Team Canada Signatures per case on average. I did pull The Detroit Red Wings #180 pre WWII patch out of my case so if that is the odds for those.....thats pretty rad.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:18 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
I havent found the odds for those pre-WW2 patches but i know the logo patches come 4 per case, 2 OPC Signatures per case and 1 Team Canada Signatures per case on average. I did pull The Detroit Red Wings #180 pre WWII patch out of my case so if that is the odds for those.....thats pretty rad.
Odds for pre-WWII are listed at the link I posted.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:00 PM   #17 (permalink)

I am 3 boxes into my first case and already I feel comfortable saying that this product has the goofiest collation of anything I have ever busted. It's like they pulled some drunk off the street to do it. Two of my first three boxes were black rainbow hot boxes. One of those also had a rookie in almost every pack. And I have pulled exactly ZERO retro rookie cards.

I'll say this - between JCC and me, if they really only made 100 of each black rainbow, some of the people breaking cases are going to get shafted BIG TIME.

EDIT - now 9 boxes into Case #1. Still only one patch and no autos. 7 of the 9 boxes were black rainbow hot boxes (I thought those were supposed to be rare?) and 2 were retro rookie hot boxes. Haven't counted the rookies, regular rainbows, rings or stickers.

Last edited by rippit; 08-08-2013 at 07:35 PM.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:09 PM   #18 (permalink)

Let me add to the collation stories - my kids and I broke a case today and every single hit came out of the right side packs of each box!! We had one retro rookie hot box and ended up with 31 total from that box and none from any of the others, and two black rainbow foil semi-hot boxes that yielded 15 total numbered parallels. Have just finished listing the major hits on ebay; will be tackling the sorting of the base and retro tomorrow.

Last edited by hairysasquatch; 08-08-2013 at 08:12 PM.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:35 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairysasquatch View Post
Let me add to the collation stories - my kids and I broke a case today and every single hit came out of the right side packs of each box!! We had one retro rookie hot box and ended up with 31 total from that box and none from any of the others, and two black rainbow foil semi-hot boxes that yielded 15 total numbered parallels. Have just finished listing the major hits on ebay; will be tackling the sorting of the base and retro tomorrow.
Moral of the story - don't buy any loose packs.

I started a thread in the box breaks section which I'll be editing periodically throughout the night.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:20 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
I am 3 boxes into my first case and already I feel comfortable saying that this product has the goofiest collation of anything I have ever busted. It's like they pulled some drunk off the street to do it. Two of my first three boxes were black rainbow hot boxes. One of those also had a rookie in almost every pack. And I have pulled exactly ZERO retro rookie cards.

I'll say this - between JCC and me, if they really only made 100 of each black rainbow, some of the people breaking cases are going to get shafted BIG TIME.

EDIT - now 9 boxes into Case #1. Still only one patch and no autos. 7 of the 9 boxes were black rainbow hot boxes (I thought those were supposed to be rare?) and 2 were retro rookie hot boxes. Haven't counted the rookies, regular rainbows, rings or stickers.

Seriously, if I pulled myself 200 some odd /100 parallels and you did the same.....shoot thats a whole lot of a percentage I'd ever imagine just between two people. I even had about 20 duplicates of /100 cards and they all seemed to be only one serial number off from each other. So wacky.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:20 PM   #21 (permalink)

I broke two of my 10 cases last night and had 4 rainbow hot boxes (one that was combined with a retro rookie hot box) in each. I also had another retro rookie hotbox and then two that were semi-hot with about 80% of the packs having retro rookies which was just dumb luck with the +5 collation that seems to be employed throughout each set. Here's what I got in each case...

Case 1
24 Black Rookie Rainbow
28 Gold Rookie Rainbow
58 Rainbow
143 Black Rainbow /100
130 Rookie Retro
4 patches
3 autos
24 rings

Case 2
28 Black Rookie Rainbow
24 Gold Rookie Rainbow
70 Rainbow
141 Black Rainbow /100
ZERO Rookie Retro
4 patches
3 autos
24 rings

I haven't sorted it yet, but will likely have it all done by the end of the weekend. I'll let you guys know what I wind up with in terms of duplicates.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:48 PM   #22 (permalink)

The collation on my retros in my lone case was beyond belief a joke. I got only cards ending in 1, 3, 6, and 8. Tons of dupes. Hopefully other people got the other digits and will be needing 'em!
Old 08-09-2013, 10:18 PM   #23 (permalink)

Case 3 from Source B

7 Black Rookie Rainbow
20 Gold Rookie Rainbow
76 Rainbow
38 Black Rainbow /100
21 Rookie Retro
4 patches
3 autos
24 rings with at least a few dupes.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:00 PM   #24 (permalink)

This sounds nuts. Some people buying boxes pulling around 30 /100 parallels definetly are happy lol.
RBKSNIPZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:17 AM   #25 (permalink)

Case 4 from Source B

4 Black Rookie Rainbow
0 Gold Rookie Rainbow
96 Rainbow
10 Black Rainbow /100
43 Rookie Retro
4 patches
3 autos
23 rings