Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2013, 09:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Which wax to buy for $320?

Hello all. I'm trading over 20,000 base and inserts and autos for $750. I've decided to keep $250 of it in the bank in case I have any financial problems here. I'm going to use $320 of it on wax, and $180 of it on singles/lots. My question is, I'm not 100% sure what I should be buying for wax. I have up to $320 to spend specifically on wax. Here's what I'm looking for:

HITS- It's what everybody looks for when they're busting wax. I'm looking for the best autos and game used for my buck. I'm looking for the most autos and game used I can get for my money, while maintaining quality and value.
HABS- I'm looking for Montreal Canadiens. I'm a diehard Habs fan, and love acquiring HOF Hab autos (Roy, Richard, Dryden, etc.) along with modern day Habs. I'm looking for hits from these guys though. I have absolutely no interest in base.
VALUE- I mentioned it earlier. I don't want to buy a $1,000 box of cards for 1 hit, but I don't want to buy a $20 box with 10 $1 hits. I'm looking for that median.
PROSPECTS- I'm a big prospect guy.

I've looked at two online card shops along with Blow Out Cards. So far, I feel like the best package I've come up with is on DA. Here is what I have:

$83.95- 2013 In The Game Draft Prospects Hockey Hobby Box
$54.95- Hockey Card Collector Package (2011/12 Panini Contenders Hockey Hobby Box, 2010/11 Panini Pinnacle Hockey 8-Pack Box, 2010/11 Score Rookie & Traded Hockey Hobby Set
$74.95- 2012/13 Panini Certified Hockey Hobby Box
$55.95- 2011/12 Panini Rookie Anthology Hockey Hobby Box

Total Price= $269.80 before tax (I'd be looking for another $50 box or something)

- So, as you can see, I'm a little stuck. I'm willing to buy only one expensive box if people have been getting their money back, or I'm willing to buy a few boxes. I don't know if any of the above products have been fetching good hits. All of the help is appreciate guys and girls. Whether it's prices, which products to buy, which products have been hot, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Photobucket: http://s915.photobucket.com/albums/ac354/RyanBostonRedsox9/

Last edited by ProspectGuy9; 07-30-2013 at 10:09 PM. Reason: Deleted other card shops names
ProspectGuy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:48 PM   #2 (permalink)

Blowout has boxes of 2011/12 Dominion for $280. If you're looking for big hits, I'd go with that.

Don't mention other websites that sell cards either. The powers that be don't appreciate it . Just go with "over there", but mentioning them by name is frowned upon. You can list their prices, though. Just no names.

If you're interested in Habs cards, I've got one you might be interested in. Been trying to get rid of it for a while, being a Leaf fan Let me know.

But yeah, if you're looking for really big hits and a "safer" break, Dominion @ $280 would be the way to go. Certified, Contenders and Anthology are all VERY hit/miss products that'll leave you dissapointed more often than not.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:18 PM   #3 (permalink)

I say you wait for UD Series one in a couple months get new rookies, that's what everyone will be going crazy over. What ever you decide to do I wish you the best of luck and hope you pull some huge hits. Also there is a card below let me know if your interested its a pretty one lol

RBKSNIPZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:19 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
Blowout has boxes of 2011/12 Dominion for $280. If you're looking for big hits, I'd go with that.

Don't mention other websites that sell cards either. The powers that be don't appreciate it . Just go with "over there", but mentioning them by name is frowned upon. You can list their prices, though. Just no names.

If you're interested in Habs cards, I've got one you might be interested in. Been trying to get rid of it for a while, being a Leaf fan Let me know.

But yeah, if you're looking for really big hits and a "safer" break, Dominion @ $280 would be the way to go. Certified, Contenders and Anthology are all VERY hit/miss products that'll leave you dissapointed more often than not.
Thank you for the tips.

Old 07-30-2013, 10:21 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBKSNIPZ View Post
I say you wait for UD Series one in a couple months get new rookies, that's what everyone will be going crazy over. What ever you decide to do I wish you the best of luck and hope you pull some huge hits. Also there is a card below let me know if your interested its a pretty one lol

Eh, I thought about UD1, but I'm not going to. I loved the Roy, until I saw the jersey was from Colorado. Thanks for the post though.

Old 07-31-2013, 08:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

Let's see....$320...

12/13 ITG Superlative hockey box at $345 (pitch in $25)

10/11 ITG Enshrined box at $259

10/11 UD Series 1 French case (go for Hall or Subban red leaf YGs) at $425 or boxes at $38

Actually an Enshrined box plus two boxes of those would be just about right...should be fun break too.
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:59 PM   #7 (permalink)

for $320 I'd honestly go for a case of some semi-inexpensive old school product
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:52 PM   #8 (permalink)

As of right now I'm thinking Dominion. Any more feedback guys?

Old 08-01-2013, 01:41 AM   #9 (permalink)

I like trilogy this year maybe grab one of those
product34526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:10 AM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to Wolfie3300

Galchenyuk, Gallagher, Tinordi and Beaulieu in UD Series 1 this year, all RCs, prospects and Habs, and you can probably get close to half a case. That's my opinion being a Habs fan...otherwise, any of the Anthology from the last few years, or taking a chance on 06-07 SP Authentic with the double rookie crop with Malkin, Crosby and Ovechkin, have fun finding it cheap though. Good luck on whatever you choose.
Wolfie3300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:40 AM   #11 (permalink)

I've always been a fan of UD Artifacts. Reasonable prices for boxes, approx $100 per. Great hits, good looking cards. Just my opinion
djdevon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:30 PM   #12 (permalink)

You could almost do a case of 11-12 Pinnacle from Blowout....that would be a decent amount of fun! Autos, game used, and tons of ripping. If you're not going high end like Dominion I'd do a case of Pinnacle.
PensFan29 is offline   Reply With Quote