Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/27/14

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2013, 08:37 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default FU Bettman; 2013-14 part 1

Okay, first of many this year I'm sure but let's take a look at how the league handled the Sabres/Leafs brawl;

Kessel suspended for 3 scrimmages and no regular season games;
Message sent to rest of the league; swing away boys, those enforcers are fair game if they challenge you and you're a p@$$%.

Rolston fined for "player selection and team conduct";
Y! SPORTS
This is a total misuse of power by the league and I'd appeal through the union. The league should have absolutely 0% say in what players a coach puts out on the ice for a given shift save for the last 5 minutes of the game. So know the league actually wants to fine coaches for putting their enforcers on the ice???? FU Bettman, everyone can see through this charade and its another lame ass attempt to get fighting out of the game. They took your helmet rule, made a mockery of that, so now you are going this way to try and curb it. Get over yourself, fighting is a part of the game and to try and determine what players a coach can and can't put on the ice is absolutely pathetic. If an opposing coach doesn't know that there might be trouble ahead on the next shift and puts his star players out on a line, maybe he's the one who should be fined for being an idiot, but of course Bettman sympathizes with that.
"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isnít that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16
Rinkwraith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 09:18 AM   #2 (permalink)

All major sports are trying to take physicality out of the game. It's just a shame the last true tough guy sport is doing the same. Fighting always has been part of hockey. These players know the risk involved. I don't understand it either man.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

In total agreement Rinkwraith. The "punishment" to Kessel is ludicrous - if it were the other way around and Scott swung his stick, he would be suspended 25 games.
I pull scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

I have never seen a bigger pussy move than what Kessel pulled TWICE in that brawl in almost 40 years of association with the sport. Take a few punches, shut your trap, and let your teammates deal with Scott.
Old 09-25-2013, 04:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

This just pushes the sport's integrity as well as it's growing popularity 'back' 10 years IMO!!

You obviously keep and leave alone the physical aspect we know and love, which includes the enforcer role every team has adopted he is their specifically on the roster to serve that part of the game which continues to make Hockey the unique sport it is!

On the other side of the coin, no matter who the player may be once you bring the stick into any form of altercation you must pay the price for violating such a sacred and necessary part of the game.