Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2013, 04:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Default Panini Peek: 2013-14 Dominion Hockey

Panini Peek: 2013-14 Dominion Hockey
Sep 26th 2013, 19:53, by Tracy Hackler

If itís true that absence really does make the heart grow fonder, hardcore hockey collectors are in for an intense love affair when 2013-14 Dominion Hockey makes its triumphant return to the ice in early December. Confined to a bonus-pack run in 2012-13 Prime Hockey during the non-traditional 2012-13 NHL collecting season, Panini Americaís high-end landmark returns to standalone status in 2013-14, complete with all the bells and whistles youíve come to expect and a new configuration.
Boasting the first autographed patch rookie cards of the new season, 2013-14 Dominion Hockey also returns venerable collection-makers such as Stickside Signatures, Tape to Tape Autographs, Engravatures, Peerless Patches and Silver Ensigns. But itís the new additions, including the introduction of autographed game-worn glove leather and the stunning Ice Level Autograph Booklets that just might steal most of the early headlines.

Due out December 6, 2013-14 Dominion Hockey will deliver one Rookie Autograph Patch card, one autographed memorabilia card and at least two other autograph or memorabilia cards in every six-card box. The product also will include more Rookie Cards than ever before.
Other highlights include:
  • Featuring the top NHL rookies of the star-studded Panini Double Rookie Class, each Rookie Autograph Patch card will feature an autograph, a prime piece of memorabilia and sequential numbered to 299 or less.
  • Look for a variety of rare game-worn memorabilia, including jerseys, patches, fight straps, Laundry Tags, snaps, gloves, sticks and more.
  • Each pack of 2013-14 Dominion Hockey contains at least one autograph memorabilia card; included on the insert roster? The return of Peerless Patch Autographs.
  • Silver Ensigns and Rookie Ensigns feature autographed NHL Shields and each card is individually numbered to one.
  • Two new Engravatures sets featuring 2012-13 Stanley Cup winning Chicago Blackhawks (numbered to 15) along with previous NHL champions (numbered to 10).
  • Ice Level Autographs features a unique look at the top young stars from the Rookie Showcase. Each acetate booklet card contains an autograph and memorabilia piece, numbered to 50 or less.
Weíll have plenty more 2013-14 Dominion Hockey to showcase here on The Knightís Lance in the coming weeks, including a must-see first look at the productís new Frozen Moments booklet autographs. For now, though, feast your eyes on this extended sneak peek that includes a few pre-ink looks at some of the jaw-droppers slated for inclusion . . .
All information is accurate at the time of posting. Content is subject to change. Card images are solely for the purpose of design display.

Panini Peek: 2013-14 Dominion Hockey | The Official Panini America Blog
blowoutcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 06:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

Point of Lucky Luc in a Pens uni is what?

Out of 1400+ plus regular season games, he played only 46 of them for Pittsburgh.

I cant stand it when companies do stupid crap like that.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to slappybag

Quote:
Originally Posted by JzWand View Post

Out of 1400+ plus regular season games, he played only 46 of them for Pittsburgh.

agreed!!!!!!!!!
slappybag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 09:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to nyisle

I didnt even remember him playing for the Penguins!

I ship in Bubble Mailers only!! NO PWE!!!
nyisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 10:59 PM   #5 (permalink)

Love seeing Luc in Pens jersey on card. I'm opposite, love it when make cards of them when they played a small time on team and most people probably don't remember it. Nice change of pace. Already a gazillion Luc Kings cards.
pnft17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:34 AM   #6 (permalink)

I guess I see your point.
But I just think I would be pissed if I pulled a Robataille pens card just as I would if I pulled a bobby orr blackhawks card.
Old 09-29-2013, 02:21 PM   #7 (permalink)

They are nice, but if that Yakupov is an example of what the base RC's are like, I think I prefer the 2012-13 versions that come in the Prime boxes. Bigger patch window and nothing numbered higher than 99.

Obviously the rest of the insert sets are great looking.

Looking for Andre Dawson Serial numbered cards that are his jersey number - either #8 or #10. So looking for cards like 8/8 or 08/99 or 10/250.
ddearing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

I just noticed the pricing on this. Less than $200 a box. Panini must have some higher-end products in the works. I can't believe their biggest product would only cost that much this year with the famed "double rookie class."
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 05:31 PM   #9 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to nyisle

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoldy97 View Post
I just noticed the pricing on this. Less than $200 a box. Panini must have some higher-end products in the works. I can't believe their biggest product would only cost that much this year with the famed "double rookie class."
I think they have a product thats going to incorporate some sapphires, garnets and coal into the cards

I ship in Bubble Mailers only!! NO PWE!!!
nyisle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:58 AM   #10 (permalink)

after seeing some of the patches for the previous dominion and now seing the preview card very excited
finlayson31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:06 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JzWand View Post

yeah, i don't get this either. someone else made a fair point that it mixes it up a little, but like you say... 1400+ games and he played half a season with the Pens.

in NT football this year they had Franco Harris in a Seahawks uniform, Emmitt Smith in a Cardinals uniform... it's almost blasphemous.
ejs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:07 AM   #12 (permalink)

Crap don't tell me Kreider is gonna have another shield in this.
HeyFitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:12 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgoldy97 View Post
National Treasures hockey edition this year to go up against the Cup. Thats the word coming down the pipe.

Mike
Tris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:19 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejs23 View Post
yeah, i don't get this either. someone else made a fair point that it mixes it up a little, but like you say... 1400+ games and he played half a season with the Pens.

in NT football this year they had Franco Harris in a Seahawks uniform, Emmitt Smith in a Cardinals uniform... it's almost blasphemous.
Personally I love it when they do this with cards, Love seeing the player in a different jersey.
Bourque in Colorado
Gretzky in a Blues uni. but they dont do that any more
Trottier in Pitts
Roenick in a Philidelphia uni

My all time favorite is Gordie Howe in the Whale jersey. I'm dying to get his Parkhurst Champs Auto in the Hartford jersey but it comes with a robust $250 price tag give or take $20.00.
Tris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:35 PM   #15 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to fergman78

I'm debating if I want to order a case of this. I can order a case plus 2 boxes for $1500. If there really is going to be an NT hockey then maybe I will wait and order that or Cup. So many choices....

Twitter: @scott_NECC
fergman78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 03:45 PM   #16 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tris View Post
National Treasures hockey edition this year to go up against the Cup. Thats the word coming down the pipe.

Mike
Thanks. I figured they'd step up their game/pile on more this year.
oldgoldy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:27 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tris View Post
Personally I love it when they do this with cards, Love seeing the player in a different jersey.
Bourque in Colorado
Gretzky in a Blues uni. but they dont do that any more
Trottier in Pitts
Roenick in a Philidelphia uni

My all time favorite is Gordie Howe in the Whale jersey. I'm dying to get his Parkhurst Champs Auto in the Hartford jersey but it comes with a robust $250 price tag give or take $20.00.

i can understand they have appeal and some collectors will like them. but it's sometimes a stretch.

i pulled a Pat Falloon, as a Pittsburgh Penguin, card out of Prime this year. he played even less games (30) for the Pens than Robitaille played. and, as far as i can remember, he had zero impact on the franchise.

Trottier won 2 Cups with the Pens... Bourque won the Cup with Colorado. i think it makes sense to see them in those jerseys.

after winning 4 super bowls with the Steelers, Franco played 8 games with Seattle and ran for 170 yards total. does anyone in Seattle even consider him part of that team's history?

i don't know. to each their own. i'm glad some out there like these cards.

Last edited by ejs23; 10-10-2013 at 05:26 PM.
ejs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 04:14 PM   #18 (permalink)

Looks quite good!!

85K Cards !!! Selling all my stuff in COMC, ANY OFFERS WILL BE ACCEPTED!
Lots of High-end cards: Basketball, Football, Baseball, Hockey, etc
coolz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 05:22 PM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

Looks great...cant wait for this to come out!!
ntlsportscards is offline   Reply With Quote