Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2014, 12:24 PM   #226 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
Did you see the girls get hit by the falling netting?

Netting Falls At Bruins Game, Injuring Two
No, that's bizarre I left right after Marchand scored the empty netter to get a quick beer at the Four's with the customer I was with, really did not know that happened until you posted the article!

Look's like those fans were more involved in the game than Ovechkin last night!
Old 03-09-2014, 12:15 PM   #227 (permalink)

Nice comeback win for the B's on the road in TB, the line of Eriksson, Soderberg & Kelly continues to look in synch, and Tuukka FINALLY get's rewarded with a Shootout (W) stopping all 7 SOG !!

On to Miami to play Luongo and the Florida Panthers.
Old 03-09-2014, 08:17 PM   #228 (permalink)

Man...what a win to take over 1st place in the Eastern Conference! Even though this was "only the Panthers" the Bruins were supposed to lose this game...a 21 hour turnaround from last nights game! Unbelievable!

Up next is a gigantic test! The B's must show they can beat Montreal!
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:21 AM   #229 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
Man...what a win to take over 1st place in the Eastern Conference! Even though this was "only the Panthers" the Bruins were supposed to lose this game...a 21 hour turnaround from last nights game! Unbelievable!

Up next is a gigantic test! The B's must show they can beat Montreal!
Yes the Bruins have been chipping away at the Conference lead and have finally been able to take the lead!!

This team seems to have another gear when the 3rd period rolls around and even playing on the back end of a night game really played well.

Iginla get's his 20th of the season , and #550 for his career, he has really fit in well with this team and the continued solid play from Krug has also been a pleasant surprise.

Meszaros had a nice debut getting his 1st goal as a Bruin, and is a big body who should make a difference in the playoffs. Was pretty happy with his overall game and love the fact he fires away from the point, finishing with a team high 6 shots on goal

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by TASS; 03-10-2014 at 07:23 AM.
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 08:49 AM   #230 (permalink)

The Bruins broke their 5 game losing streak last night in Montreal with a rather convincing win.

They had their typical slow start and if not for 'All-World' Tuukka they could have easily been behind by 2 goals, but as has been the norm of late they found their legs and pretty much controlled play from the 2nd period on.

Now into a 6 game win streak they look poised to challenge the Pens for the conference lead, especially if Rask continues to play as well as he has!!

With a back end game against Phoenix tonight it will be Chad Johnson going for his 14th W against only 3 losses this season.

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by TASS; 03-13-2014 at 08:52 AM.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:26 AM   #231 (permalink)

Huge two points! Glad they showed they can beat Montreal....especially IN Montreal. Another big game tonight. These back to backs are great for fans but probably not so much for the players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
The Bruins broke their 5 game losing streak last night in Montreal with a rather convincing win.

They had their typical slow start and if not for 'All-World' Tuukka they could have easily been behind by 2 goals, but as has been the norm of late they found their legs and pretty much controlled play from the 2nd period on.

Now into a 6 game win streak they look poised to challenge the Pens for the conference lead, especially if Rask continues to play as well as he has!!

With a back end game against Phoenix tonight it will be Chad Johnson going for his 14th W against only 3 losses this season.

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-13-2014, 10:20 AM   #232 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Bruins are looking really good right now. Should easily make it to the conference finals. Bergeron is lookong on top of his game
Old 03-13-2014, 09:27 PM   #233 (permalink)

Two more points against a tough team in the second game of a back to back! Back on top of the Eastern Conference as well.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:32 PM   #234 (permalink)

Quote:
Two more points against a tough team in the second game of a back to back! Back on top of the Eastern Conference as well.
Another strong game from Tuukka who I was surprised to see play back to back nights but when your hot your hot!!

Seven in a row and counting, also congrats to Coach Julian on getting his 300th Win as a Bruin!

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by TASS; 03-14-2014 at 07:56 AM.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:36 PM   #235 (permalink)

Quote:
don't get carried away, they've also played more games than Pittsburgh.
ejs23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:39 PM   #236 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejs23 View Post
One game not games, and I seem to remember not that long ago when the B's were 8 pts. back in the conference this team is on a roll!
Old 03-14-2014, 09:23 PM   #237 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejs23 View Post
Please enlighten me on how I am getting "carried away."
Old 03-15-2014, 03:41 PM   #238 (permalink)

Two more points in the bank and the B's continue to plug away. Love the defense the team has been playing lately.

Hopefully Boychuck isn't in too bad of shape.
Old 03-15-2014, 03:41 PM   #239 (permalink)

It could be against better competition...but this team is on a roll right now...getting into playoff mode...poor boychuk today lol
eguthrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 03:55 PM   #240 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eguthrie View Post
It could be against better competition...but this team is on a roll right now...getting into playoff mode...poor boychuk today lol
I disagree to an extent. Anytime you can beat Montreal....IN Montreal...is quite an accomplishment and both Phoenix and Carolina are desperate teams who are fighting for their playoff lives.
Old 03-15-2014, 04:10 PM   #241 (permalink)

desperate yes..but I would hardly consider pheonix and carolina good...I hear ya though..and indeed very glad about the MTL victory
Old 03-15-2014, 04:11 PM   #242 (permalink)

really though it doesn't matter who we play against as long as we keep playing Bruins hockey like we have been..keep it up Bs!!
Old 03-15-2014, 05:48 PM   #243 (permalink)

Quote:
Two more points in the bank and the B's continue to plug away. Love the defense the team has been playing lately.

Hopefully Boychuck isn't in too bad of shape.
What's the word on Boychuk did not see the game but did catch the highlights and I did see him congratulating Johnson at the end of the game so that's a good sign!!

Well that's 8 straight and with the Pens loss, the B's are now 3 points up in the conference!!

Also see where Krug has passed Orr for most goals in their Rookie season but still trails the infamous Greg Hawgood for the B's all time record!

I just hope this team is not 'peaking' too early, but I don't think there is a more balanced team from top to bottom than this club right now, and who would have thought the teams leading scorer would be Jarome Iginla

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by TASS; 03-15-2014 at 06:36 PM.
Old 03-15-2014, 06:34 PM   #244 (permalink)

Boychuck went awkward into the boards and missed a shift and then on his next shift he took a puck off the leg and missed another shift. Seems to be okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
What's the word on Boychuk did not see the game but did catch the highlights and I did see him congratulating Johnson at the end of the game so that's a good sign!!

Well that's 8 straight and with the Pens loss, the B's are now 3 points up in the conference!!

Also see where Krug has passed Orr for most goals in their Rookie season but still trails the infamous Greg Hawgood for the B's all time record!

I just hope this team is not 'peaking' too early, but I don't think there is a more balanced team from top to bottom than this club right now, and who would have thought the teams leading scorer would be Jerome Iginla

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-16-2014, 10:41 AM   #245 (permalink)

Was at the game yesterday despite having cold/flu bug all week (and am paying the price today for that decision), but learned a good lesson in how to Dougie;
"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isnít that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16

Shop Smart, Shop Rink-Mart
Rinkwraith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:25 PM   #246 (permalink)

Bruins go for their 9th straight tonight and will have to do so without yet another starting defenseman. as Boychuk is day to day after going into the boards hard Sat. night.

The B's have proven they have the depth to fill these spots, damn they have been playing without arguably their 2nd and 3rd ranked defenseman and have still managed to win 8 straight, you cannot question this teams depth!!

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-17-2014, 07:36 PM   #247 (permalink)
Banned

they sure did drop the ball on Seguin. He is a point per game player on the Stars now.
MW Connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:41 PM   #248 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW Connection View Post
they sure did drop the ball on Seguin. He is a point per game player on the Stars now.
Yea, really dropped the ball with Seguin as they currently lead the Eastern Conference with 95 points!

And with all that production there is a chance HIS new team will not make the playoffs! LOL
Old 03-17-2014, 08:46 PM   #249 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW Connection View Post
Horsepoopy...seguin had clearly given up on playing for boston...he needed the change if scenery/kick in the ass and boston got good return...it is what it is
Old 03-17-2014, 08:52 PM   #250 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eguthrie View Post
Horsepoopy...seguin had clearly given up on playing for boston...he needed the change if scenery/kick in the ass and boston got good return...it is what it is
Well looky there one of those guy's they got in return just scored Looooouii!!!