Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2014, 10:55 PM   #251 (permalink)

Seguin was the Billy Charlebois on their team. Good riddance.

Bruins are unstoppable right now.
ZappBrannigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 01:15 AM   #252 (permalink)
Banned

They will fold in the playoffs.
MW Connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:14 AM   #253 (permalink)

With last nights win the B's have now won 9 straight!!

The Wild are a pretty good team who will make some noise in the playoffs when they get their starting Goalie back as the kid let a soft one in last night that started the Bruins on a roll.

Nice to see the 3rd line contribute again, as has been said before and by last nights television crew the Bruins just might be the most balanced team in the NHL!!

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-18-2014, 08:22 AM   #254 (permalink)

Seguin never fit into the Bruins system. He was worth taking a chance on but in order to play for the Bruins it is required to go into the dirty areas and Seguin never did that.

Two U's, two K's, two points. It is impressive what the Bruins are doing without their second, third, and fourth blue-liners! And how about Iginla! The dude looked like toast after last year's stint with Pittsburgh. If you told me he would be knocking on the door to 30 goals this year I'd have thought you were crazy. He may be playing himself right into a contract extension.

Yet another back to back tonight...this time in Jersey. Hope the B's can keep their focus on the beginning of this tough roady.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:34 PM   #255 (permalink)

The train keeps rolling against the Devils. Iginla with his 26th.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:41 PM   #256 (permalink)

It's alarming how few penalties the Bruins are able to draw. I can't remember the last game where they had multiple power plays!
Old 03-19-2014, 07:00 PM   #257 (permalink)

10 straight and counting!!!

After last nights win in NJ it's nice to see all lines continuing to contribute night in and night out, what's been really surprising is how Claude has been switching up the defensive pairings with little to no effect on the scoreboard.

Not worried about this team 'peaking' too early as they have been getting the wins by not even playing their best hockey, as they have had defensive breakdowns but the tandem of Rask and Johnson have been nothing short of spectacular!!

Let's see if they can keep it rolling as they head out for two games out west, really like the fact that Iginla is contributing as much as he has and it looks like a sure bet he will get his bonus for scoring 30 goals .

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by TASS; 03-19-2014 at 08:15 PM.
TASS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:39 PM   #258 (permalink)

Can they make it 11 in a row tonight? I have a feeling it will come to an end as Colorado is by far the fastest team in the league and speed is what the Bruins have trouble with. If the Bruins do come out of tonight with two points they will be the first team to clinch a playoff spot!

Also...good news on the injury front...there is a report that Dennis Seidenburg may be ready for the playoffs...reported by Pierre McGuire so hopefully that comes true!
Old 03-21-2014, 09:14 PM   #259 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
Can they make it 11 in a row tonight? I have a feeling it will come to an end as Colorado is by far the fastest team in the league and speed is what the Bruins have trouble with. If the Bruins do come out of tonight with two points they will be the first team to clinch a playoff spot!

Also...good news on the injury front...there is a report that Dennis Seidenburg may be ready for the playoffs...reported by Pierre McGuire so hopefully that comes true!
I had not heard the positive news for Seidenberg, that would be a huge addition for the playoff run!!

Boychuk skated yesterday and is looking like he will return by the end of the month.

Looking forward for a big test on the road tonight, earn at least 1 point and they will indeed be the 1st team to clinch a playoff spot.

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-22-2014, 12:40 AM   #260 (permalink)

And the 13-14 Boston Bruins are officially the 1st team to clinch a playoff spot winning their 11 straight game and getting to 101 points on the season!!

What an effort from Chad Johnson as he shuts out the Av's for their 1st time this season and get's his second shutout of the season.

Chad Johnson has been the best backup in the league this season (16-3-1/ 2.04 GA) and proves to be a great off season pickup.

The B's have now gone 10 straight games where they have not allowed a 1st period goal a new club record, and have done so with a mix and match defense short on experience bit huge on effort.

Bergeron and Sodeberg score the goals and the B's will look for their 12th straight tomorrow night in Phoenix, this with a well rested Tuukka!!

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by TASS; 03-22-2014 at 01:19 AM.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:31 AM   #261 (permalink)

Congrats to the playoff-bound Bruins!!

Boy, was I completely wrong...the Bruins were able to contain Colorado's blazing speed with layer upon layer upon layer of smothering defense. They still need to work on not turning the puck over on their own blue line though...way too many odd-man rushes...

And yet again the Bruins cannot draw more than one penalty. It's baffling why this trend continues...

Going for 12 in a row on perhaps the toughest back to back of the season...Colorado to Phoenix!
Old 03-22-2014, 03:09 PM   #262 (permalink)

Well Bruins fans it's that time of the season where we vote for the '7th Player Award!!

There are so many deserving players this year that it's going to make this a very tough pick,

I've placed my vote for Soderberg who has had a great 2nd half to this season, but I was very close to picking Iggy who has definitely gone above and beyond what anyone could have expected especially given the slow start he had!

So B's fans who is your pick for the 2014 7th Player Award?
Old 03-22-2014, 04:03 PM   #263 (permalink)

Chad Johnson

This guy came out of nowhere to put up some pretty impressive numbers...
Old 03-22-2014, 04:12 PM   #264 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
Chad Johnson

This guy came out of nowhere to put up some pretty impressive numbers...
I hear ya, as I said there are so many deserving players this year it's going to be interesting to see who drives away with that truck!!
Old 03-23-2014, 01:28 AM   #265 (permalink)

12 straight now, anything can happen come playoffs but this team is sure looking like a scary opponent for anyone right now
eguthrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:07 AM   #266 (permalink)

Totally unstoppable right now and the odds on favorite to win the Stanley Cup. My money is on the Bruins with the bookmaker and hopefully they will pay me off soooo nicely. I will bet on the Bruins and root for the Penguins.....either way I win.
solt0131 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 11:13 AM   #267 (permalink)

Another two points in the cache. This was a game were the B's (understandability) could have coasted through the 3rd period but they fought back with ferocity and came away with #12 in a row.

The schedule continues to be brutal with Montreal and Chicago coming in this week and then right back out for a roady. I'd much rather the B's focus on health and freshness rather than #1 seeds or President's Trophy's. Those things are nice but completely not necessary...
Old 03-23-2014, 11:21 AM   #268 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
Totally unstoppable right now and the odds on favorite to win the Stanley Cup. My money is on the Bruins with the bookmaker and hopefully they will pay me off soooo nicely. I will bet on the Bruins and root for the Penguins.....either way I win.
They are still behind the Blues in terms of Vegas odds and tied with Chicago, but it will be tough to beat them if they keep up this level of play.

Fun team to watch, they do a lot right.
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:34 PM   #269 (permalink)

Iginla deserves a truck if anyone.
Old 03-23-2014, 01:09 PM   #270 (permalink)

The Bruins have now won 12 straight!!!

This team has another gear when the 3rd period comes around and proved again last night that they have been getting contributions from ALL lines as none other than the ever so popular Shawn Thornton got the game winner last night.

Another strong performance from Tuukka and the defense, who last night featured the return of Boychuk.

If you have been to a Bruins vs. Canadians game then you know the intensity that will be in the TD Garden tomorrow night as the Bruins look to extend this winning streak to 'Lucky 13', it does not get any better than this if your a Bruins fan.!!!

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by TASS; 03-23-2014 at 01:37 PM.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:19 AM   #271 (permalink)

Glad to see the B's grab at least a point.

Typical Boston/Montreal game! Very exciting. If Boston has a weakness it most certainly is the shoot-out...year after year they are just terrible at it. Another tough game coming on Thursday in a Stanly Cup Finals rematch!
Old 03-25-2014, 08:13 AM   #272 (permalink)

Very tough way to end the win streak with a SO loss, but it still earns the B's a point.

The Bruins hit 3-4 posts and really dominated play for most of this game but seemed to be out of synch and out of position for most of the game.

A typical Montreal/Boston game with the B's taking the physical aspect of the game and actually 'knocking out' a few Canadians along the way. Great game from Budaj who really stole the extra point for Montreal in this one!

It won't get any easier as the Blackhawks are next on the schedule, the Bruins need to play better than they did last night if they want to get the w vs. Chicago!

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by TASS; 03-25-2014 at 08:43 AM.
Old 03-25-2014, 02:07 PM   #273 (permalink)
Banned

Gif of the year;

Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:14 PM   #274 (permalink)

Entertaining game. B's lost cause they were a bunch of James Neal's in the 1st (albeit more successful), running around just trying to blast people.
#1 Collection : Barrasso
#2 Collection : Ron Hextall
Other : Crosby, Wregget, Malkin
NEED RON HEXTALL SPGU LETTER MARKS!!!
ncm7772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:31 PM   #275 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncm7772 View Post
Entertaining game. B's lost cause they were a bunch of James Neal's in the 1st (albeit more successful), running around just trying to blast people.
Please refrain from using that name in this thread, he is not welcome here!!

And Miller may have done his 'worst' impersonation of the aforementioned player, with the big difference being he was man enough to follow it up by dropping his gloves and consequently pummeling Moen.

Love the #AskNeal twitter questions from today.