Blowout Cards Forums
Retail Rummage

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2014, 05:35 PM   #276 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
Please refrain from using that name in this thread, he is not welcome here!!

And Miller may have done his 'worst' impersonation of the aforementioned player, with the big difference being he was man enough to follow it up by dropping his gloves and consequently pummeling Moen.

Love the #AskNeal twitter questions from today.
Typical Bruins fan. Get all fudgy when somebody cracks a little joke, but is perfectly within their right to incessantly rip on other players and teams. Take a deep breath, bub.
#1 Collection : Barrasso
#2 Collection : Ron Hextall
Other : Crosby, Wregget, Malkin
NEED RON HEXTALL SPGU LETTER MARKS!!!
ncm7772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:46 PM   #277 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncm7772 View Post
Typical Bruins fan. Get all fudgy when somebody cracks a little joke, but is perfectly within their right to incessantly rip on other players and teams. Take a deep breath, bub.
Typical Pens fan that does not get sarcasm, that's what this is used for bub

Last edited by TASS; 03-25-2014 at 05:49 PM.
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:04 PM   #278 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncm7772 View Post
Wow....bad day?

I think you missed the smiley...
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 06:38 PM   #279 (permalink)

I didn't detect sarcasm when you respond to a sentence and a sentence fragment with a 3-prong shot at my joke. I pictured you gritting your teeth as you typed red-faced, so I thought you perhaps needed to take a deep breath.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:16 PM   #280 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
Wow....bad day?

I think you missed the smiley...
Must have been gritting his teeth all red faced therefore he missed the LOL
Old 03-27-2014, 09:31 PM   #281 (permalink)

Two more points against the defending champs as the Bruins wrap up the Division!

Suffocating defense led the way for Tuukka's NHL leading 7th shutout.

It's clear the Hawks are a much different team without Kane in the lineup. Hope he gets back soon!
Old 03-27-2014, 09:49 PM   #282 (permalink)

Quote:
Two more points against the defending champs as the Bruins wrap up the Division!

Suffocating defense led the way for Tuukka's NHL leading 7th shutout.

It's clear the Hawks are a much different team without Kane in the lineup. Hope he gets back soon!
Actually the Hawks haven't been playing very good even before Kane's injury. This team seems to be in a funk that they can't seem to find a way out of.

Either way, great win by the Bruins and an even better tribute to the two fallen Boston firefighters. May they rest in peace.
SBND7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:44 PM   #283 (permalink)

I'm a 'Hawks fan, and I don't think Kane would have made much difference out there. The Bruins are almost impossible to beat when they play such a solid team game.

They've got talent, effort, and a top-tier goalie. They're undoubtedly the favorite in the East, and a top Cup contender.
Craig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 04:33 AM   #284 (permalink)

Rumors starting to fly around here that Dan Bylsma might be out as coach. That's bad news for Bruins fans!!!!
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 04:37 AM   #285 (permalink)

Nobody cares about the Penguins in this thread, its for the Bruins!
patriots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:04 PM   #286 (permalink)

It's been a long 2 day's dealing with a death in the family, but looking forward to kicking back and watching a replay of last nights win over the Blackhawks.

Based on what has been already been posted, it sounds like the B's had a nice bounce back win last night.

Tuukka getting his league leading 7th Shutout against the Blackhawks only strengthens his confidence going into the playoffs!!

Nice to see that Soderberg remains hot and a 'healthy' Bergeron nets a pair of goals over one of the leaders in the Western Conference.

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by TASS; 03-28-2014 at 07:14 PM.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:20 PM   #287 (permalink)

Solid effort by the B's today in getting the W against a 'desperate' Capitals team looking to make the playoffs, and with this win have officially clinched the Atlantic Division.

Chad Johnson has been on a roll winning his 6th straight, improving his season record to 17-3-1 with a 2.04 GAA in his backup role.

Iggy net's two more goals and reaches 30 goals for the 12th time in his career. I don't think anyone could have predicted just how important an addition he has been to this team. hat's off to the Bruins organization in getting the deal done and FINALLY bringing him to Boston!

Patrice Bergeron and Carl Soderberg both continue their hot scoring streaks for the Eastern Conferences best offensive team.

Time to start resting some of the veterans for what hopefully will be a long run in this years Stanley Cup playoffs.

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by TASS; 03-29-2014 at 05:23 PM.
Old 03-29-2014, 06:06 PM   #288 (permalink)

Yep...another impressive two points against a team fighting for their lives. This is a good test for the playoffs...playing teams who are in "must-win" situations.

Now that the division is (officially) locked up Boston's focus should be on getting through the rest of the regular slate without any major injuries.

They shouldn't really care for the President's Trophy or the top seed...just play their game, stay healthy, and let the chips fall where they may.

Quote:
Solid effort by the B's today in getting the W against a 'desperate' Capitals team looking to make the playoffs, and with this win have officially clinched the Atlantic Division.

Chad Johnson has been on a roll winning his 6th straight, improving his season record to 17-3-1 with a 2.04 GAA in his backup role.

Iggy net's two more goals and reaches 30 goals for the 12th time in his career. I don't think anyone could have predicted just how important an addition he has been to this team. hat's off to the Bruins organization in getting the deal done and FINALLY bringing him to Boston!

Patrice Bergeron and Carl Soderberg both continue their hot scoring streaks for the Eastern Conferences best offensive team.

Time to start resting some of the veterans for what hopefully will be a long run in this years Stanley Cup playoffs.

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-30-2014, 03:42 PM   #289 (permalink)

Well that was Boston's worst 60+ minute effort in quite some time. Giving up 50+ shots is just unacceptable! Hopefully it was just the aftereffects of yet another back to back.

Some well deserved time off before Wednesday Night Rivalry Night in Hockey Town!
Old 03-30-2014, 05:02 PM   #290 (permalink)

Quote:
Well that was Boston's worst 60+ minute effort in quite some time. Giving up 50+ shots is just unacceptable! Hopefully it was just the aftereffects of yet another back to back.

Some well deserved time off before Wednesday Night Rivalry Night in Hockey Town!
Agreed the B's played their weakest 3rd period in quite some time. You could see they had 'no legs' and were standing around in their own zone for the last 5 min. of that game. It looks like the Sat. matinee vs. Washington caught up to them.

Still nice to be able to get the 2 pts. and in a shootout no less!!

With the win the B's set a new club record with their 9th consecutive road win! A pretty good sign for this club heading into the playoffs

Tuukka showed why he is one of the favorites for this years Vezina Trophy with a career best 49 saves.

Flyers played a very physical game and with Mason in goal he could 'steal' a few games for this team in the playoffs if he plays like he did today.

Bruins inch a little closer to clinching the Conference with this win and remain in the lead for the Presidents Trophy.

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-30-2014, 07:11 PM   #291 (permalink)

BRuins stink gooo habs
oaklandasfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:52 PM   #292 (permalink)

What do you know? your a baseball fan...
eguthrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:07 AM   #293 (permalink)

Bruins were due to have 'one' of those games and were beat by a hungry Red Wings team for their first regulation loss since March 1st and broke their 9 game road winning streak.

The effort was there as they had plenty of shots but were stymied by Howard for most of the night. A few defensive breakdowns in the 3rd period lead to a breakaway and scramble goal scored within a few minutes of each other.

Julien has started to rest regulars as Iginla was a late scratch with what was termed a lower body injury even though he skated in the AM. If the playoffs he would have definitely played.

Soderberg scores another to keep his hot streak going and remains my favorite for the Bruins annual 7th player award!

The B's will play their 16th back to back game of the season tonight in Toronto.

Last edited by TASS; 04-03-2014 at 08:25 AM.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:53 AM   #294 (permalink)

Quote:
Bruins were due to have 'one' of those games and were beat by a hungry Red Wings team for their first regulation loss since March 1st and broke their 9 game road winning streak.
Exactly. One team was desperate, one team was not. Certainly not a loss that would have me worried if I was a B's fan.
Craig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 11:11 AM   #295 (permalink)

I'm a little concerned about the defensive breakdowns in the 3rd period. That's not what you want to see with the season winding down.

Also...that disallowed goal was atrocious! That is a situation where video replay would be a welcome addition!
Old 04-03-2014, 01:30 PM   #296 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm a little concerned about the defensive breakdowns in the 3rd period. That's not what you want to see with the season winding down.

Also...that disallowed goal was atrocious! That is a situation where video replay would be a welcome addition!
Have to agree with the defense interpretation as they have had 'moments' the last few games and would have had the streak ended far earlier if not for Tuukka & Johnson!!

I know Claude has been auditioning along with switching up the nightly defensive pairings but it's too that point where he needs to get these guys paired up and on a steady nightly schedule. I have been very impressed with Miller who has been playing some very steady defense and it helps that he's a banger!!

Looks like the Conference will be clinched in the near future and the Presidents Trophy is still in the picture, that being said Big Z needs some time off and now's that time.

Does not look like we will be seeing McQuaid in the near future and I would think not even for the 1st Rd. of the playoffs compound that with the loss of Seidenberg for the season, and it looks like picking up Meszaros at the deadline was a good move after all. He has been serviceable filling in and paired with Miller.

Last edited by TASS; 04-03-2014 at 05:56 PM.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:22 PM   #297 (permalink)

That reffing tonight was horrific crap.

Phaneuf is the new Alexei Yashin.
ZappBrannigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:26 PM   #298 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZappBrannigan View Post
That reffing tonight was horrific crap.

Phaneuf is the new Alexei Yashin.
At least Phaneuf doesn't completely despise Toronto and demand a trade. Other than that, yeah. Pretty much Yashin (or Alex Kovalev, for that matter).

Although if Phaneuf is the new Yashin, Clarkson must be the new Phaneuf. All that money and for absolutely nothing, except the 50 or so falls and the bad turnovers.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:48 AM   #299 (permalink)

Nice 3rd period for the B's last night, but with that strong comeback the win was not in the cards!

Nice to get the point on the road when it looked like after 2 periods the puck was not going to bounce their way, but has been the case this season this Bruins club was strong from the initial 3rd period puck drop.

Don't like the defensive breakdowns that have plagued this club the past few games especially giving up a goal in the final minute of a period, albeit a bad bounce.

The game Sat. could very well clinch the Conference for a club that needs to play out the season and stay healthy for the playoffs!

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-05-2014, 03:10 PM   #300 (permalink)

Your boys and Philly are locked in one heck of a game. As much as I don't like either team, I have huge respect for their styles of play.