Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2014, 09:59 PM   #326 (permalink)

Datsyuk was money with that shot good game for Detroit, B's need to get more shots on net.

Sometimes the puck bounces your way, sometimes it doesn't. Looking forward to Sunday!!

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-20-2014, 09:28 PM   #327 (permalink)

Great game for the bruins today. I understand the ramifications of the fighting major but I would have love to have seen chara just beat that fool down at the end of the first.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:06 PM   #328 (permalink)

Nice win for the B's today played their game and just plain wore the Red Wings down. Detroit tried to match them physically and that actually hurt them in the long run, don't think you will see them play the same type of game on Tue.

Great game from the Captain getting a nice PP goal then having a good laugh at Brendan Smith's expense. Chara is far to smart in taking a fighting penalty from a guy who was lucky he didn't get knocked into next week!! LOL

Tuukka was his typical solid in net and the B's even this series at 1-1 heading to Detroit.

Still see room for improvement especially their D around their own net, but that should be helped with the expected return of Bartkowski Tue. night.

No question about what kind of game you are going to get from this Bruins team in these playoffs, and it should only get better when Paille and Kelly return.

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-20-2014, 11:35 PM   #329 (permalink)

Stay classy, Lucic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ioq2...t=HL1398050333
Old 04-21-2014, 07:49 AM   #330 (permalink)

Great game for Boston, I'm glad both sides cleaned up their act after that gong show of a first... I fully expect Babcock to get Datsyuk away from Bergeron with last change here. For us to have any chance at winning this series we've got to push for two wins here, not sure it will happen though... I loved in the third period when Datsyuk took. Shot and went to follow up for the rebound, Rask had the puck covered, Chara just slid Datsyuk to the corner, almost like he was saying "Don't get mixed up in that crap".
msuspartans87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 10:31 AM   #331 (permalink)

Wings fan here.

Good game for the Bruins in GM2. Wings never really possessed the puck and Boston's PK was effective.

On a side note, Lucic should have been suspended for that classless move. Good player but that was plain stupid. I'm not surprised he wasn't suspended though, opposing players, dirty hits/moves vs the Wings go hand in hand (#@#@#@#@ you Shanahan!).....

Incoming -
Outgoing -
DetectiveChrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:16 AM   #332 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetectiveChrome View Post
Wings fan here.

Good game for the Bruins in GM2. Wings never really possessed the puck and Boston's PK was effective.

On a side note, Lucic should have been suspended for that classless move. Good player but that was plain stupid. I'm not surprised he wasn't suspended though, opposing players, dirty hits/moves vs the Wings go hand in hand (#@#@#@#@ you Shanahan!).....
Shanny's hands were already tied after fining Red Wings Legwand for 5k for doing the same thing to Malkin. Would be hard to not suspend one then suspend another.
"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isnít that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16
Rinkwraith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:36 AM   #333 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinkwraith View Post
Shanny's hands were already tied after fining Red Wings Legwand for 5k for doing the same thing to Malkin. Would be hard to not suspend one then suspend another.
The difference:

Legwand didn't spear him between the legs.
Legwand got a major/game.
Lucic, a known offender, got no penalty.

Incoming -
Outgoing -
Old 04-22-2014, 09:27 PM   #334 (permalink)

Good game tonight. Hope that the bruins can maintain what should be a frantic 3rd period.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:24 PM   #335 (permalink)

That was an all around dominating performance by the Bruins, starting to rethink my Wings in 6 prediction, as a Wings fan I hope they can turn things around. However, I think game 1 was a wake up call, and the Bruins have woken up.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:22 AM   #336 (permalink)

Solid win for the B's and there 1st at Joe Louis Arena since the 2007 season, could not think of a better time!

Tuukka has been virtually unbeatable in this series so far stopping 80 of 82 shots.

If the Bruins stick to their game plan and continue to play physical hockey in all zones they should be fine this series.

Nice to see the Thornton line contribute last night with Caron getting his 1st Stanley Cup playoff goal.

Defense was pretty tight last night with the return of Bartkowski and the continued maturation of Dougie Hamilton who had his best game of this series.

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-23-2014, 10:50 AM   #337 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCN12586 View Post
That was an all around dominating performance by the Bruins, starting to rethink my Wings in 6 prediction, as a Wings fan I hope they can turn things around. However, I think game 1 was a wake up call, and the Bruins have woken up.
Yes that was utter domination.

The Wings did look young and inexperienced yesterday. Offensive chances got bottled up quickly too.

Wings D is so bad - they are the death of this team in the playoffs - Lashoff, Quincey and Kindl stink, how can you let Hamilton walk in like that! Not to mention the most 3 on 1's I've seen seen the Wings let up! uggggggghhhhhhhhh

Incoming -
Outgoing -
Old 04-24-2014, 10:03 PM   #338 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Send a message via AIM to mgugs46

Lucic

Always looking for PEDRO MARTINEZ patches/autos
mgugs46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:53 AM   #339 (permalink)

After a sluggish 1st period and a determined Red Wings team with Zetterberg back in the lineup, the Bruins got back to playing their game and rebounded from a (2) goal deficit to win the ever important game 4 in Detroit.

Having not won a game in 'HockeyTown' since 2007 winning two in 48 Hrs. was an impressive feat to say the least!

Great to see the 1st line contribute on the winning goal as Iginla was credited with the OT winner tipping a shot from Dougie Hamilton and sending the B's back to Boston with a 3-1 lead.

The Bruins are one of the best teams in this years playoffs playing the puck both on the boards and the corners and that was never more apparent than on the winning tally. They continue to create opportunities with tenacious digging and if not for a couple of missed open nets (C'mon Marchand!!) and a hit post would have not needed the OT.

As with any NHL playoff game you need consistent quality goaltending and you can't say enough about the play of Tuukka and this Bruins defense.

Chance to wrap this series up on Sat. at home, but we all remember what happened last season with a (2) game lead, and I'm sure Claude will let his players know this series is not over until you win 4 games!

Last edited by TASS; 04-25-2014 at 08:07 AM.
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:38 AM   #340 (permalink)

Game 4's have not been kind to the Bruins in years past so it was nice to see them grind out a tough, tough come from behind road win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
After a sluggish 1st period and a determined Red Wings team with Zetterberg back in the lineup, the Bruins got back to playing their game and rebounded from a (2) goal deficit to win the ever important game 4 in Detroit.

Having not won a game in 'HockeyTown' since 2007 winning two in 48 Hrs. was an impressive feat to say the least!

Great to see the 1st line contribute on the winning goal as Iginla was credited with the OT winner tipping a shot from Dougie Hamilton and sending the B's back to Boston with a 3-1 lead.

The Bruins are one of the best teams in this years playoffs playing the puck both on the boards and the corners and that was never more apparent than on the winning tally. They continue to create opportunities with tenacious digging and if not for a couple of missed open nets (C'mon Marchand!!) and a hit post would have not needed the OT.

As with any NHL playoff game you need consistent quality goaltending and you can't say enough about the play of Tuukka and this Bruins defense.

Chance to wrap this series up on Sat. at home, but we all remember what happened last season with a (2) game lead, and I'm sure Claude will let his players know this series is not over until you win 4 games!

Old 04-26-2014, 04:49 PM   #341 (permalink)

That was Loui's fault
Old 04-26-2014, 04:52 PM   #342 (permalink)

Chara the Beast, awesome goal!
petesahuttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 04:52 PM   #343 (permalink)

Chara!!!!
Old 04-26-2014, 05:59 PM   #344 (permalink)

Bruins too good.
RBKSNIPZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 06:37 PM   #345 (permalink)

Bring on the Habs! Bring on the Habs! Bring on the Habs!
eguthrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 08:16 PM   #346 (permalink)

Nice effort from the B's today in wrapping up the series with 4 straight wins. A little break in play now should help to get Paille and hopefully Kelly back into contact practices and ready for Rd. 2!

What a PP they have developed going an impressive 6-16, and were equally successful in their PK which is going to be important against the Canadians.

Hats off to the Red Wings who were a tough opponent and made the Bruins earn every win, this was a good test for this club playing against a tight checking and disciplined team. This series will only benefit them as the playoffs move on.

Montreal will be another tough series, but I don't expect as tight a game from them and hopefully this will help Krejci and Bergeron to get on a roll. Lucic was an absolute beast in this opening series and only expect him to get better!

Tuukka is playoff primed and will need to continue his strong play as Montreal will utilize it's speed in trying to get odd man rushes with their quick passing game. The B's and their physical play should be able to wear down the pesky Canadians, I like the B's in 6! !

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by TASS; 04-26-2014 at 08:24 PM.
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 09:15 PM   #347 (permalink)

Mission Iggy; phase 1 complete.

Now another 5 days off should hope to bring our PK players back as well.
"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isnít that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16
Rinkwraith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 09:22 PM   #348 (permalink)

im thinking bruins in 6 over the habs

glad ole man detroit is out
Old 05-02-2014, 07:23 AM   #349 (permalink)

If you don't bury your chances in overtime then the outcome will not be in your favor!!

Nice job by Price as he did just what he had to do and that was steal a win in Boston.

Krejci and Bergeron just have to play better as they are the key to the Bruins winning this series IMO, the Canadians gave up plenty of opportunities and the B's did not take advantage of them.

Huge game on Saturday and one the Bruins must win!!!!

Old 05-03-2014, 04:33 PM   #350 (permalink)

Just a huge comeback win for the B's today as they again had to play from behind.

If this team intends to move on in this years playoffs they will need to play a more disciplined game then they have in the first two games of this series.

The return of Shawn Thornton from a knee injury suffered when Subban 'squirreled' to avoid a certain hit, only seemed to ignite this team and led to a flurry of 3 goals in just over a 5 min. span and a very important Game 2 Win!!

This series is only going to get tougher as it heads to Montreal and expect the Canadians to play the same type of game they always do and that's to get the B's off their game.

Discipline will decide this series for the Bruins, if they play smart physical hockey and continue to put shot's on goal I see them advancing. If they take penalties at the rate they did in the first two games I don't see much good going Boston's way!!

On to Montreal with the series all tied at 1-1!!!

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!