Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2013, 05:43 PM   #26 (permalink)

Solid road win for the B's in Buffalo as Lucic and Krug both found the back of the net a couple of times. Johnson did what was expected of him in net and gave Tuukka a night off before playing the 'undefeated' Sharks tonight.

Eriksson has returned to Boston after spending the night in the hospital and will be out indefinitely due to a concussion!!

I am not going to get into the whole scenario surrounding Scott and his well publicized antics but the league has to hand down a very serious suspension in this situation. This hit will probably be used for future reference as to what exactly the league is trying to prevent!

Again Iginla was held without his first goal of the year, but did pick up (2) assists so he continues to contribute on offense regardless of not scoring.
And Hamilton chipped in with his 2nd of the year and played an all around solid game on D.

Tonight will be a tough test as the Sharks have been the best team in this young NHL season, it's too bad Eriksson will be out of the lineup as that line was just starting to find some chemistry!

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!

GO SOX GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-24-2013, 08:33 PM   #27 (permalink)

And Iginla has his 1st as a Boston Bruin!!!!!!!!!

Wasn't a highlight reel goal but he's finally on the board!! And the B's lead the Sharks 1-0 after 2 periods.

Last edited by TASS; 10-24-2013 at 08:35 PM.
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 08:38 PM   #28 (permalink)

Can we beat the unbeatable????

http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g462/teosdesserts/
teosdesserts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:35 PM   #29 (permalink)

Krejci #Clutch
Old 10-24-2013, 09:36 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teosdesserts View Post
Can we beat the unbeatable????
Yes they can!!! Krejci with .8 seconds for the Win!!

The B's owe this one to Tuukka who faced 39 shots, and even though they were outshot the Bruins get the 2 points and send SJ to their 1st loss of the season.

Now back to the World Series, let's go Red Sox!!!!!

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-24-2013, 09:37 PM   #31 (permalink)

Holy crap!!!!!!!!

Old 10-25-2013, 08:32 AM   #32 (permalink)

Got to give McQuaid some respect, he's picked his play up a bit getting shots through so the boys have a good shot at tipping them in.
"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isnít that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16
Rinkwraith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 03:56 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinkwraith View Post
Got to give McQuaid some respect, he's picked his play up a bit getting shots through so the boys have a good shot at tipping them in.
McQuaid has really stepped it up and I can't agree more that ultimately it was his effort and well placed shot that contributed to Krejci's tip in Goal!

Bruins fans if you have not yet, make it a point to catch on NESN the new program 'Behind the B' it's a great behind the scene look at the team on and off the ice. A great perspective as to what is discussed in the locker room and on the bench, very well put together and Dennis Leary does the narrative!

Last edited by TASS; 10-25-2013 at 07:53 PM.
Old 10-26-2013, 07:27 PM   #34 (permalink)

The Bruins are getting all the bounces early in this one taking an early 2-0 lead over the NJ Devils, and even though it was far from a 'thing of beauty' Iginla has finally been credited with his 1st Goal as a Bruin!!

This was a tough loss for the B's, just have to shake it off and get ready for the Pen's on Wed. night!

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by TASS; 10-26-2013 at 10:49 PM.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:55 PM   #35 (permalink)

After last nights less than stellar effort against the Isles, the Bruins inconsistent offense has continued to plague this team!

Teams will go through these 'stretches' throughout their 82 game schedule but the' listless' play of the B's is starting to become a problem from the 1st through the 4th line!

Next up Seguin's return to Boston, if the team is not up for this one than Julian has more problems then he originally thought.

Good news on the injury front as Eriksson has started to skate again.

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-09-2013, 07:06 PM   #36 (permalink)

The 650th regular season matchup between the B's and Leafs should be a good one, we all remember what happened last time these two met!

Bruins are coming off a decent effort against the Panthers and need to start playing some consistent hockey.
Old 11-09-2013, 08:09 PM   #37 (permalink)

Chara with the goal!

Old 11-09-2013, 09:12 PM   #38 (permalink)

News flash:
Brad Mar-Shand now wants to be referred to as Brad Mar-chand. Next up he will be referred to as a symbol. Lame second period by the Bruins against the Leafs. Eriksson will never fit in in Boston.
ZappBrannigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:23 PM   #39 (permalink)

Go LEAFS GO!!!
Old 11-09-2013, 09:34 PM   #40 (permalink)

Riemer is saving the Leafs tonight ... could have been a blow-out
Old 11-09-2013, 09:54 PM   #41 (permalink)

Oh well Phaneuf sucked at the end ... Good Game Bruins!!
Old 11-09-2013, 11:10 PM   #42 (permalink)

Nice 3rd period to get the W by the B's, a real flat 2nd period is what has been the problem so far this early season the Bruins need to play for 60 Min.!

Tuukka was solid as usual and glad to see he kept Kessel off the score sheet.

Leafs fans will have reoccurring nightmares of Patrice Bergeron after this one.

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-11-2013, 03:52 PM   #43 (permalink)

Solid win for the B's today in the traditional Veterans Day matinee, and Tuukka gets a shutout over the Conference leading Lighting putting the Bruins into 2nd place!

As usual a nice gesture by the Bruins players in buying and donating tickets to our current and past Military personnel on Vet's Day.

Bruins starting to hit their stride and have 22 straight penalty kills and counting.

Have not heard any updates on Stamkos but it looks like he will be out for a significant period of time, don't like to see young stars like him get hurt.

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-15-2013, 01:53 PM   #44 (permalink)

Attended last nights game and have to give credit to the Blue Jackets for playing a strong game along the boards and in the corners. Bobrovsky is going to be the key for this club if they are going to secure a playoff position.

Johnson looked strong in net and made some big saves for only playing his 3rd game of the year. Thought Eriksson looked more comfortable last night, and I'm going to take credit for prior to the OT calling Lucic's number, but you will have to just take my word for it!

A very productive and successful 4-0-1 homestand, now on to the road and a big game in Ottawa tonight. B's need that 60 Min. effort if they plan on getting the 2 pts. on the road.

Last edited by TASS; 11-15-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:37 PM   #45 (permalink)

Well last night was a good example of what happens when you only play a 50 Min. game.

The B's could not follow up the previous nights decent effort with another one, played a very solid 1st period and showed some promise on the road. Marchand finally got back on the score sheet with a great individual effort, but as has been the case the Bruins stopped skating in the 3rd period and allowed 2 quick goals to seal their fate.

Last night was the first time I can say Torey Krug played like a rookie and unfortunately led to the Senators 3rd period scoring spree.

Any time you take a shift off in the NHL it will most likely cost you and it did for Krug and the Bruins. I'll guarantee Claude had a mandatory practice today as he was very critical of his teams play in his post game interview!
Old 11-18-2013, 07:38 PM   #46 (permalink)

Interesting night in Carolina for our Boston sports teams, not only are the B's playing the Hurricanes but the Patriots are also in Carolina to play the Panthers on Monday Night Football!

Nice start to this one a Reilly PPG followed by a Seidenberg Goal from the point, early 2-0 lead.

Good effort on the road, need to play the same 60 Min. game in NY tonight!

Last edited by TASS; 11-19-2013 at 12:06 AM.
Old 11-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #47 (permalink)

Yippee Paille motherranger.....
"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isnít that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16
Rinkwraith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:14 PM   #48 (permalink)

Well the Rangers got beat by a sensational effort from Tuukka tonight, he was the sole reason the B's got the 2 points!

The Bruins never seemed to find their legs on the back end of consecutive games but did just enough on the scoreboard.

The Bruins are now tops in the Conference.

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-21-2013, 04:53 PM   #49 (permalink)

Tonight's B's vs. Blues game is a must WATCH for any hockey fan, these teams are so similar in style this one is going to come down to goaltending and special teams.

There is going to be some serious physical play from the initial puck drop, really looking forward to this one!

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-23-2013, 05:21 PM   #50 (permalink)

Just got back from the B's matinee vs. Carolina and was glad to see this one end in OT and not get to a shootout!

Bruins dominated for the majority of this one but did not finish on numerous quality opportunities. Great patience shown by Krejci on the OT winning goal.

Really like the kid Reilly Smith who right now looks like the better player in the deal for Seguin, Eriksson has played better but still not putting the puck in the net. Inginla had a solid game and was the reason why Krejci got the game winner as his stick work coming into the zone was superb.

Solid game in net for Chad Johnson who earned the W and gave Tuukka a much needed day off!

Next game on the schedule is a rematch with the Pens, not sure what the status is with Krug who left the game in OT, the B's cannot afford to lose another defenseman.

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by TASS; 11-23-2013 at 05:23 PM.