Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2013, 11:05 PM   #51 (permalink)

Bruins struck quick in QT with a lazer from Krug to get the W so deserved by Tuukka.

The B's need to tighten up their D at the end of periods as this had been a continuing problem and ultimately handed the Pens a point tonight!

This was Eriksson best game of the season and along with Reilly Smith have been very productive the last few games.

Very impressed with the 4 rookie defenseman as they all held their own tonight against a solid Penguins club, nice to score the OT goal so quick after allowing the tying goal with .3 of a second, this Bruins team is playing with pride!
Old 11-28-2013, 09:37 AM   #52 (permalink)

So glad I was traveling last night and only listened up through two periods on the radio, there are going to be games like last night during the course of the season, the B's have today to forget than the matinee matchup with the Rangers.

Just a little surprised that Tuukka was in goal for the third period, the young D made numerous turnovers according to the write up but for the most part have been doing a decent job. The Red Wings have been a tough matchup for this team , time to put that game in the rear view mirror!

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-29-2013, 04:20 PM   #53 (permalink)

Black (and Gold) Friday special;

Get one Chara fight, get another Chara goal and assist free!!!

Chara goes Gordie, love it!
"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isnít that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 05:29 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinkwraith View Post
Black (and Gold) Friday special;

Get one Chara fight, get another Chara goal and assist free!!!

Chara goes Gordie, love it!
It was comical when McGuire referenced the 'Howe Hat-trick' during their interview and it looked like Chara had no clue what he was talking about.

Nice effort for the B's today coming off the nightmare game in Detroit but the team is still having a hard time finishing off opponents and continue to struggle in their own end at the end of periods.

Nice to see Seidenberg back in the lineup his presence was felt all game!
Old 12-01-2013, 11:58 AM   #55 (permalink)

B's get a much needed rest after playing 8 games in 13 days , of which they went 6-1-1!!

Nice dominating win last night against the Blue Jackets with Lucic playing another solid game and Johnson getting the W in relief of Tuukka , next up a match with the Canadiens in Montreal Thur. night.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:36 PM   #56 (permalink)

Tied up at 2-2
Old 12-07-2013, 09:39 PM   #57 (permalink)

#CharaClutch 3-2 lead!
Old 12-07-2013, 09:56 PM   #58 (permalink)

Thornton is a scumbag, as are fans that cheered his sucker punch... hope he gets his either on the ice or off.
ejs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 10:13 PM   #59 (permalink)

Neal claimed his knee to Marchand was unintentional.... ha
Old 12-07-2013, 10:18 PM   #60 (permalink)

Anyone else here find it ironic that eriksson gets his 3rd soncussion of the year the same night seguin gets a hatty?
Old 12-07-2013, 10:21 PM   #61 (permalink)

I figured I'd better post this here, there'd be hell to pay in the Pens thread

I fully support Thornton with what he did, although I do think he should be suspended. 5 games would be enough. Had Orpik dropped earlier he could've avoided the situation.

As for Neal, 20+ games would do the trick. Dirtiest play I've seen in a while, an absolutely disgusting display. If the league has any integrity at all, they'll suspend the scumbag for a long time. I don't care about the results, fact is he could've easily broken Marchand's neck. Again I'll say it, dirtiest play in a long while. We'll see how the league responds.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:26 PM   #62 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to harryhudini

harryhudini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 10:49 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFan28 View Post
Neal claimed his knee to Marchand was unintentional.... ha
Yeah. He's a sneaky POS. Always has been. Kelly injured on a cheap shot slash as well. Down 3 forwards. Time to see what Spooner and Fraser/ Johnson can do.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:53 PM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
I figured I'd better post this here, there'd be hell to pay in the Pens thread

I fully support Thornton with what he did, although I do think he should be suspended. 5 games would be enough. Had Orpik dropped earlier he could've avoided the situation.

As for Neal, 20+ games would do the trick. Dirtiest play I've seen in a while, an absolutely disgusting display. If the league has any integrity at all, they'll suspend the scumbag for a long time. I don't care about the results, fact is he could've easily broken Marchand's neck. Again I'll say it, dirtiest play in a long while. We'll see how the league responds.
Glad to get support from a Maple Leafs fan, and yeah and was probably smart to post this here and not in the Pens thread.

Hoping for a good game tomorrow
Old 12-08-2013, 12:53 AM   #65 (permalink)

Very impressed with the B's effort tonight especially after the tough loss in Montreal where they also dominated the 3rd.

Unfortunate turn of events with the Thornton incident but have to agree with the comments about Orpik not dropping the gloves when challenged, it does not surprise me Pens fans fail to mention the Orpik hit that put Eriksson out of the game, when reviewed Orpik should also face a suspension IMO as Eriksson took a head shot when he never was in possession of the puck.

James Neal is a known 'cheap shot' artist who will also face a few games suspension, it showed his true character when he denied the knee to Marchand's head was intentional but his track record speaks for itself.

As far as those that choose to trash Thornton he is one of the best and honorable enforcers in the league and is not known as a dirty player, this will be his 1st suspension EVER which says a lot considering the style of game he is asked to play. The interview I watched showed a remorseful player who was truly embarrassed by his actions and concerned for the health of Orpik. (Orpik was released from Mass General and was flying home with the team)

The Pens like to play a physical game but when challenged fail to drop the gloves, that I have a problem with and we all saw the direct result of that.

A well deserved W for the B's young defensive core who stepped up and held the Pens scoreless for the last 2 periods! The Bruins dominated the 3rd period and not for a missed open net and hit crossbar could have put the game away far earlier then the fantastic finish.

This game was a true character builder for this club and sends the team on a positive note for their (4) game Canadian road trip.

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by TASS; 12-08-2013 at 01:06 AM.
TASS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 01:07 AM   #66 (permalink)

Saint Brooks broke Erik Coles neck on a cheap shot so I don't want to hear any more victim talk about him. People get all butthurt about Thorntons first offense ready to ban him for good when good old Brooks put a guy out for a long while. It was a bad mistake, he'll sit his games and it won't happen again. He's not a dirty player, never has been Pens fans just love to bitch even though they have some of the cheapest, slimiest players in the game.
Old 12-08-2013, 02:05 AM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoexBondo View Post
Saint Brooks broke Erik Coles neck on a cheap shot so I don't want to hear any more victim talk about him. People get all butthurt about Thorntons first offense ready to ban him for good when good old Brooks put a guy out for a long while. It was a bad mistake, he'll sit his games and it won't happen again. He's not a dirty player, never has been Pens fans just love to bitch even though they have some of the cheapest, slimiest players in the game.
How dare you say that! The Penguins players are the nicest and cleanest players in the NHL! Nothing but sportsmanship from them!

#CookeisClean #NealisNice
Old 12-08-2013, 02:12 AM   #68 (permalink)

Poor poor eriksson, guy cant catch a break....cant they just him let him stay healthy i wanna see some of that swedish magic!!!
eguthrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 02:15 AM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newton615 View Post
Anyone else here find it ironic that eriksson gets his 3rd soncussion of the year the same night seguin gets a hatty?
Anyone else think seguin tanked last year so he could get into an offensive system... Dont think he wouldve panned out long term in boston im happy with the return we got...reilly has been a pleasant surprise..
eguthrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 02:25 AM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eguthrie View Post
Anyone else think seguin tanked last year so he could get into an offensive system... Dont think he wouldve panned out long term in boston im happy with the return we got...reilly has been a pleasant surprise..
Seguin is a 'soft' player and fits well in the wide open Western Conf., his game is not tailored for the dig and grind style of the Bruins.

To be a true Bruin you need grit and heart and those are two attributes I feel Seguin lacked, I am very impressed with Reilly Smith and when he can stay healthy I feel Eriksson will also be a consistent contributor!
Old 12-08-2013, 11:13 AM   #71 (permalink)

I just read some of the comments in the Pens thread and must say some of those posters need a reality check!

I have no intent to post in that thread but will say a few of those fans have a very selective memory about their own club as well as denial when it comes to how 'soft' a club they currently have.

As far as calling Bruins fans 'bandwagon' fans, one need only to reference their comments after the B's swept them in the playoffs last season!

The fact of the matter is if you want to play a physical game, you need to 'sack up' when the inevitable challenge occurs after you layout an opposing teams player, I'm sorry that Orpik does not believe in fighting maybe he should think before he sends his shoulder into a defenseless players head. I'm not saying he deserved the sucker punch from Thornton but do feel if he had done the honorable thing and at least dropped the gloves this situation may have been avoided, and that's the sentiment of the majority of players who have been known to play a physical game.

When all is said and done Thornton, Neal & possibly Orpik will be suspended for actions in last nights game, time to move on boys and girls!

I'm sure it does not help that the B's when the game was on the line were able to show just how tough and gritty they can be and ultimately won an important game.

I will say MAF looked like a 'pageant queen' waving on Chara's game winner LOL!!

Well I'm looking forward to the game in Toronto tonight after last nights exciting Win!!

And as always I thank Solty for my very accurate signature block below!!

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by TASS; 12-08-2013 at 11:21 AM.
TASS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:17 AM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
I just read some of the comments in the Pens thread and must say some of those posters need a reality check!

I have no intent to post in that thread but will say a few of those fans have a very selective memory about their own club as well as denial when it comes to how 'soft' a club they currently have.

As far as calling Bruins fans 'bandwagon' fans, one need only to reference their comments after the B's swept them in the playoffs last season!

The fact of the matter is if you want to play a physical game, you need to 'sack up' when the inevitable challenge occurs after you layout an opposing teams player, I'm sorry that Orpik does not believe in fighting maybe he should think before he sends his shoulder into a defenseless players head. I'm not saying he deserved the sucker punch from Thornton but do feel if he had done the honorable thing and at least dropped the gloves this situation may have been avoided, and that's the sentiment of the majority of players who have been known to play a physical game.

When all is said and done Thornton, Neal & possibly Orpik will be suspended for actions in last nights game, time to move on boys and girls!

I'm sure it does not help that the B's when the game was on the line were able to show just how tough and gritty they can be and ultimately won an important game.

I will say MAF looked like a 'pageant queen' waving on Chara's game winner LOL!!

Well I'm looking forward to the game in Toronto tonight after last nights exciting Win!!

And as always I thank Solty for my very accurate signature block below!!

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well said Tass
Old 12-08-2013, 11:41 AM   #73 (permalink)

Chris Kelly out with a broken ankle, courtesy of a Dupuis slash.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:49 AM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoexBondo View Post
Chris Kelly out with a broken ankle, courtesy of a Dupuis slash.
Where are you getting this info. I've checked every blog etc. and see he is not traveling to Tor. but all I am reading is lower body injury, do you have a link confirming a broken amkle?
Old 12-08-2013, 11:53 AM   #75 (permalink)

https://twitter.com/darrendreger/sta...19380612624384

From Dreger, it's legit.