Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2013, 06:34 PM   #101 (permalink)

Tonight's lineup looks to be one of the youngest I can remember in a long time. The Bruins will officially have the youngest team in the league with this lineup tonight!

Bruins Lines:

Milan Lucic - David Krejci - Jarome Iginla
Reilly Smith - Patrice Bergeron - Brad Marchand
Carl Soderberg - Ryan Spooner - Matt Fraser
Jordan Caron - Gregory Campbell - Daniel Paille
Zdeno Chara - Dougie Hamilton
Dennis Seidenberg - Torey Krug
Matt Bartkowski - Kevan Miller
Tuukka Rask
Chad Johnson

I'm looking forward to the Soderberg - Spooner - Fraser line, lots of speed for sure!

Looks like the Goaltender will be a game time call, I would think after the emotional game last night Tuukka would get the night off, we will have to wait and see!

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Last edited by TASS; 12-08-2013 at 06:42 PM.
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:13 PM   #102 (permalink)

Gronkowski out with a torn ACL?

sounds like a little karma for Bostondelphia.
ejs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:16 PM   #103 (permalink)

Bruins starting Johnson in net tonight, Tuukka getting the night off.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:18 PM   #104 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejs23 View Post

Yea another last second win, not sure if the win over Pissburgh or todays comeback was better. I really enjoyed both looks like you did too!

Shame about Gronk, thanks for your concern!

Last edited by TASS; 12-08-2013 at 08:21 PM.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:28 PM   #105 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
Yea another last second win, not sure if the win over Pissburgh or todays comeback was better. I really enjoyed both looks like you did too!

Shame about Gronk, thanks for your concern!
not sure i'd call that a "win." more like a gift from the refs who pretended to see an imaginary interference call in the end zone. early christmas present from the nfl i guess. hell, even the announcers didn't pretend that was a good call. nfl probably wanted to prevent another Brady breakdown.

as for Pittsburgh... we got 6 super bowl trophies. how about you?

and as for Gronkowski... just a little karma. hopefully much more to come for the most classless city in America.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:30 PM   #106 (permalink)

Quote:
not sure i'd call that a "win." more like a gift from the refs who pretended to see an imaginary interference call in the end zone. early christmas present from the nfl i guess. hell, even the announcers didn't pretend that was a good call. nfl probably wanted to prevent another Brady breakdown.

and as for Gronkowski... just a little karma. hopefully much more to come for the most classless city in America.
That means so much coming from a Classy Guy like you LMFAO!! Time to move on cuz, and this is the hockey forum go over to the football forum and knock yourself out!
Old 12-08-2013, 09:21 PM   #107 (permalink)

Quote:

You're a clown......you make me laugh. Keep living in the past with your 6 SB trophies, what have you won lately. I know you lost today, and the Pens lost last night. This year your football coach has tried to impact a game by stepping in the way of a kick return, and we all know what a bunch of girls you have on the ice (no offense to girls). Classless city? Right, where you from, Las Vegas it says.....nothing says class like the gambling and legal prostitution capital of the U.S.......nice try db.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:45 PM   #108 (permalink)

Quote:

Quote:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahhahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahhahahahahhahahahahahahaha.

ha
ha
ha

haaa
Old 12-08-2013, 10:38 PM   #109 (permalink)

I don't like Phaneuf

How is that a penalty on Boston.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:51 PM   #110 (permalink)

Well another W for the B's but the defense took some more hits as both Hamilton and Miller left the game with injuries.

Miller on a questionable hit from behind late in the 3rd from Phaneuf with no call! He looked like he will be alright, hope the same for Hamilton who may have suffered a knee injury,

The young guys did good in this one with Miller getting his 1st NHL goal. Regardless of injuries the Baby B's have done a great job in getting these kids ready to fit right into the lineup.

Great all around effort from Johnson in goal who has been exceptional when filling in for Tuukka.

The B's will need a few day's off to hopefully get their defense back together, pretty proud of the effort tonight.

Overall a pretty good weekend for the Boston Bruins who now sit atop the Eastern Conference!!

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by TASS; 12-08-2013 at 10:55 PM.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:55 PM   #111 (permalink)

Quote:

Karma sure is a b*tch isn't it Boston sports fans?

solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:05 PM   #112 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
Karma sure is a b*tch isn't it Boston sports fans?

You and the rest of people calling Gronks ACL injury karma for the Bruins game/ the classless city of Boston and all of its inhabitants are a joke.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:34 PM   #113 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFan28 View Post
You and the rest of people calling Gronks ACL injury karma for the Bruins game/ the classless city of Boston and all of its inhabitants are a joke.
No need to even reply to that moron.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:37 PM   #114 (permalink)

Down 3 starters and one lost in the first, a team with some balls nuts up and handles the Leafs. Instead of continually bitching they went out and took care of business, like a REAL team does. Great win.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:21 AM   #115 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoexBondo View Post
Down 3 starters and one lost in the first, a team with some balls nuts up and handles the Leafs. Instead of continually bitching they went out and took care of business, like a REAL team does. Great win.
What really impressed me about tonight game was how seamless the rookies fit into the 'system' and even when we lose yet ANOTHER defenseman this team just pulls together and gets the job done.

It's exactly what the Pat's did this afternoon , Amendola said it best when he said "We've got his back" after Gronk went down.

The reality is Hockey and Football are sports where you know players are going to get hurt, you just have to play through the injuries the Bruins have more than proven themselves and this weekend was a prime example!!
Old 12-09-2013, 01:10 AM   #116 (permalink)

Phaneuf to have disciplinary hearing for that cheap shot on miller.
Old 12-09-2013, 01:53 PM   #117 (permalink)

5 games for Neal. Good.
Old 12-09-2013, 02:49 PM   #118 (permalink)

Quote:
5 games for Neal. Good.
Just got that message, seems about right, now I hope the league does the right thing and gives Thornton a necessary hefty suspension.

As big a Bruin fan as I am he will deserve every game they give him and I think he will be the first to admit it.

I will say I truly feel his comments about the incident are sincere and I give him credit for acknowledging what he did has no place in the game, I also feel that this is going to impact him on both a personal and professional level when he does return.

The hit's keep coming as CJ has said Hamilton will be out for 7-10 days and McQuaid has been officially placed on IR along with Kelly and Eriksson both casualties of Sat. nights game, hope Boychuk is ready to come back for tomorrow nights game in Calgary.

Phaneuf will probably get a couple games for his hit on Miller, good news is Miller is said to be OK.

Last edited by TASS; 12-09-2013 at 04:32 PM.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:42 PM   #119 (permalink)

Quote:
5 games for Neal. Good.
I'm glad he got five. That was brutal and completely intentional (I mean you could clearly see him lean into Marchard - it's almost comical that he is saying it wasn't). It will be interesting to see what Thornton gets now. I'm guessing in the 8-10 range based on Orpik being taken off. I still think Orpik's hit should have got him a few games as well (especailly being a repeat offender) - I'm not completely convinced it was clean.
rhcardinals3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:47 PM   #120 (permalink)

Very nice and classy testimonial by the Calgary Flames organization and fans for Jarome Iginla's return!

The Iggy chant was a touching tribute to a guy that obviously is still very much revered in Calgary.

Last edited by TASS; 12-11-2013 at 08:35 AM.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:08 AM   #121 (permalink)

2 Goals in 1:38 and the beat goes on!!

This club is missing half it's starting defense, numerous players sick and missing Eriksson but they find a way to win, a great individual play by Reilly Smith with just under 5 Min. left in the game proves to be the game winner

A great return to Calgary for Iginla and a better win for his Bruins teammates!!

Yet another strong game for Tuukka Rask.

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-12-2013, 03:37 PM   #122 (permalink)

Just got my text from Bruins.com and the injuries just keep on coming here is the list of players who will be out of the lineup for tonight game and some for upwards to a month!

Daniel Paille is the latest addition as he went down in the Toronto game, and it looks like he will be out for the remainder of the road trip.

Loui Eriksson: out indefinitely (concussion) Pittsburg Game
Chris Kelly: out four-to-six weeks (broken right fibula) Pittsburgh Game
Dougie Hamilton: out two-to-four weeks (lower-body) Toronto Game
Daniel Paille: out indefinitely (upper-body) Toronto Game
Adam McQuaid: day-to-day (lower-body) Montreal Game

The injuries to Kelly and Paille will have a direct effect on the PK.

The Bruins have called up Nick Johnson who joins Spooner, Fraser & Miller who have all been previously summoned from Providence.

This gives CJ and the coaching staff a good look at players such as Spooner, Fraser & Caron where in Spooner's case could very well be playing for a permanent spot with this club moving forward.

Let's see if these kids can help to keep this little winning streak going with tonight's game in Edmonton!

Another great effort with a depleted lineup in the Bruins 3rd straight road game win, Jarome get's 2 tonight in Edmonton and Johnson wins his 5th straight game as the backup goalie!!

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by TASS; 12-13-2013 at 08:30 AM.
Old 12-13-2013, 04:36 PM   #123 (permalink)

Looks like it's going to be 10 games for Shawn Thornton. What a disgrace.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 05:35 PM   #124 (permalink)

Personally I see the same Cup final as last year. The Bruins and Hawks are just a notch better then everybody else in the league. I don't see anybody beating the Hawks in a seven game series, but the Bruins might have the only realistic shot if the better West can beat the Hawks up a bit.

I also see Iggy being a bigger difference maker on the Bruins then the ghost we was for the Pens. A man on a mans team goes a longer way then having to ride shot gun with one of the biggest sissies in Crysby. Just my opinion.
thetheham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 05:47 PM   #125 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
Looks like it's going to be 10 games for Shawn Thornton. What a disgrace.
if he only gets 10 games that's a joke. someone needs to serve him a heavy dose of justice next time he steps on the ice. he wants to play like a pathetic thug, he should be treated like one.

karma will catch up with him, just like it did the patriots.