Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #151 (permalink)

Seems like some more "karma"
Milan Lucic of Boston Bruins explains incident, rips hometown of Vancouver - ESPN Boston
What a POS Vancouver is.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:09 PM   #152 (permalink)

Milan Lucic Fights outside Vancouver Club 14/12/2013 (Full Video) - YouTube
Video on it
Old 12-17-2013, 08:57 AM   #153 (permalink)

Vancouver used to be a great place in the 1970's.
ZappBrannigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 12:17 PM   #154 (permalink)

Here is a funny Christmas parody for my fellow Bruins Fans, you all should get a kick out of this!

This is the second installment of 'The Bear and the Gang'

On a side note Torey Krug could very be impersonating Pascal Dupuis

Y! SPORTS[/EMAIL]

Last edited by TASS; 12-17-2013 at 12:24 PM.
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 12:37 AM   #155 (permalink)

You know times are tough when one of your 'call-ups' Matt Fraser is replaced by yet another Providence Bruin as Craig Cunningham made his NHL debut tonight.

Even with a third of their lineup consisting of Providence players the B's behind a solid game from Tuukka shut out the Flames!

This team is getting it done with the youngsters doing a great job of filling in, nice job on the PP by Chara who nets both goals in the 2-0 win

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-19-2013, 12:54 AM   #156 (permalink)

Providence vs Wilkes-Barre/Scranton if the Pens and B's played right now.

Ive always been a Nick Johnson fan. I thought he should've been given more chances when he was in Pittsburgh. Glad to see his getting a chance to play in Boston.
#1 Collection : Barrasso
#2 Collection : Ron Hextall
Other : Crosby, Wregget, Malkin
NEED RON HEXTALL SPGU LETTER MARKS!!!
ncm7772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 08:23 AM   #157 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncm7772 View Post
Providence vs Wilkes-Barre/Scranton if the Pens and B's played right now.

Ive always been a Nick Johnson fan. I thought he should've been given more chances when he was in Pittsburgh. Glad to see his getting a chance to play in Boston.
Yea Johnson had been becoming a fan favorite in Providence and really fits the mold of a Bruins player he should be getting some decent ice time in the next few weeks.

He is the one 'call-up' who has enough NHL experience to not look out of place, he loves to take the puck to the net and will throw his body around!

Last edited by TASS; 12-19-2013 at 08:26 AM.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:53 AM   #158 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
Yea Johnson had been becoming a fan favorite in Providence and really fits the mold of a Bruins player he should be getting some decent ice time in the next few weeks.

He is the one 'call-up' who has enough NHL experience to not look out of place, he loves to take the puck to the net and will throw his body around!
Yes, I respected both his toughness and his ability. Not sure if you're familiar w/ some of the Pens' fringe players over the last few years, but I never got why scrubs like Dustin Jeffrey, Chris Connor (dude is playing well now, but he sucked in his first stint in Pittsburgh), Luca Caputi, etc got call-ups ahead of him. 5 points in 10 games with the big Pens, figure that would at least get him into the "top call-up" spot. Eh, what do I know.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:13 PM   #159 (permalink)

The B's did not finish their chances last night in Buffalo and Chad Johnson suffered his 1st loss since Nov 2nd serving as back-up to Tuukka.

The Sabers deserve some credit for playing an inspired game and Ryan Miller played a good game in taking the 2 pts. away from Boston.

This game was similar to the loss in Calgary where it seemed for long stretches that the B's were in control then missed opportunities led to odd man breaks that the Sabers took full advantage of, that coupled with some 'shakey' goaltending by Johnson all contributed to this loss.

Maybe the press should continue to spread trade rumors involving Marchand as he played one of his best all around games last night!

The B's get another shot at the Sabers tomorrow night on home ice!

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-22-2013, 02:15 PM   #160 (permalink)

Last nights game was a perfect example of why the Bruins are one of the most 'grittiest' all around' teams in the NHL, a team that's not afraid to back up it's physical play when needed.

There is not A SINGLE player in their lineup who will shy away from a fight and that could not have been better proven by none other than Patrice Bergeron!!

Bergy (6'2"/ 194) had been pushed to the limits by Tyler Myers (6'8"/ 219) and when challenged did not hesitate to drop the gloves and held his own against the much larger opponent.

That altercation seemed to jump start the bench and ignited the B's to an eventual 4-1 win over the Sabers. Reilly Smith continues to be the 'diamond in the rough' from the Seguin trade and scored his 10th & 11th goals of the season.

The defensive play of David Warsofsky was much improved from Thur. nights debut, and more good news from the injury front as both Dougie Hamilton and Danielle Paille have resumed skating.

Last edited by TASS; 12-22-2013 at 02:18 PM.
Old 12-22-2013, 03:50 PM   #161 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
Danielle Paille
Any relation to Kristine Letang or Beaunita Bennett?
Old 12-22-2013, 06:08 PM   #162 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncm7772 View Post
Any relation to Kristine Letang or Beaunita Bennett?
HaHa, I just noticed that!!
Old 12-23-2013, 04:16 PM   #163 (permalink)

Last game prior to the little Christmas break and will be their 1st game vs. Nashville this season.

Some great news on the injury front as it looks like McQuaid has made the trip and will be a game time decision, Paille has resumed 'light' skating and may play this weekend.

Eriksson has also returned to the locker room and appears to have the worst behind him, still not expected to resume any on ice activity until after the 1st of the year.

B's need a win tonight to keep their momentum going prior to the weekend matchups with Ottawa, followed by a New Years Eve game vs. the Isles.

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by TASS; 12-23-2013 at 04:18 PM.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:15 PM   #164 (permalink)

Wow! Spooner looks EXTREMELY impressive. I think this should seal his spot on the team.
Old 12-24-2013, 03:54 AM   #165 (permalink)

anyone else notice reilly's ppg was the exact same setup as the other night? short give and go to bergy, then down low to soderberg and through the crease to wide open reilly...love that the pp is finally clicking now
eguthrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:39 AM   #166 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eguthrie View Post
anyone else notice reilly's ppg was the exact same setup as the other night? short give and go to bergy, then down low to soderberg and through the crease to wide open reilly...love that the pp is finally clicking now
The PP has been outstanding and Reilly has been a very pleasant surprise to say the least! They have been working that triangle to perfection and have been able to finish which we all know has been a problem with this team in the past.

This was a solid all around game and great to see Iginla start to find the net on a consistent basis, nice way to lead into a few day break.

The ironic thing was this was a fairly sloppy game for the B's but they were able to put this one away with a 'flurry' of goals in the 3rd! Another solid game from Tuukka.

Nice to get the toughness of McQuaid back in the lineup took all of 3+ minutes before he was 'throwing em' with Nystrom, welcome back Adam!!

Merry Christmas to all!!

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by TASS; 12-24-2013 at 11:01 AM.
Old 12-28-2013, 12:58 PM   #167 (permalink)

Well another Bruins home win and it would not be complete if they did not suffer yet another injury! This time it was Siedenberg who left the game late in the 3rd period with an apparent knee injury, looks like he will not be making the trip to Ottawa.

B's played like a team with a few day's off in the 1st period but dominated from the 2nd on. Reilly Smith and Ryan Spooner both continue to impress and Iginla has found his touch and is starting to pile up the points.

Tuukka was steady in goal getting his league leading 4th SO, and the Bruins have now won 8 straight at home!

Svedberg makes his NHL debut tonight in Ottawa, he has been solid all year in Providence and the team had promised him an opportunity after a solid camp this year. He will be joined by Nick Johnson and Warsofsky who were called up this AM on emergency basis.

Add Soderberg to the list of injuries as he also did not travel with the team to Ottawa and is the reason Johnson was recalled.

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by TASS; 12-28-2013 at 01:52 PM.
Old 12-28-2013, 04:38 PM   #168 (permalink)

This is not the news the Bruins wanted to receive on Dennis Seidenberg as he will be lost for the season with a torn ACL/MCL The loss of Seidenberg on D is going to be hard to replace but this team has been doing a good job in having these young players ready.

Zac Trotman is the most recent Providence Bruin to be called up and possibly make his NHL debut as soon as tonight.

As a lifelong Bruins fan I can never remember having these many significant injuries in a half season never mind a complete season, I do realize it's part of the game but this is getting ridiculous!

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by TASS; 12-28-2013 at 04:59 PM.
Old 12-28-2013, 08:05 PM   #169 (permalink)

Now Chara has been removed from the lineup with an undisclosed injury and has been listed as day-to-day.

This will be a very interesting game this evening for the B's time to REALLY DIG DEEP!

Not sure the Bruins will be able to field a full team at this rate

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-29-2013, 12:16 PM   #170 (permalink)

Great effort by the Prov...........em Boston Bruins last night as they almost stole a point in Ottawa.

Great to see Warsofsky get his 1st NHL goal and it was a beauty, but a bad play on the blueline by Krug led to a breakaway goal for Ryan and that was the game!

Overall the young D played a decent game but you could really see the inexperience in the transitional play as the B's had a tough time moving the puck out of the defensive zone and through the neutral zone.

It is going to be a tough few weeks in Beantown as the young players try to fill the voids, this team is REALLY going to miss Seidenberg.

Old 01-03-2014, 11:25 AM   #171 (permalink)

As we dig out of the 10-15 in. of snow here in Ma. & RI, I wanted to give props to Providence Bruins goaltender Niklas Svedberg on his 1st career NHL game and WIN!!

The kid played a good game stopping 33-35 shots and getting the W in OT on a beautiful 'toe drag' goal by Marchand. The B's played a typical game for them starting off slow then playing a horrible 2nd period followed by a strong 3rd.

The B's also benefited with the return of both Hamilton and Soderberg but still seemed to be in that funk they were in on New Years Eve, but were rewarded in OT on this one helping to start the new year on the right foot!

Forgot to mention that Iginla remains hot getting his 13th of the year to give the B's the lead late in the 3rd period

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by TASS; 01-03-2014 at 02:08 PM.
Old 01-04-2014, 06:08 PM   #172 (permalink)

And the B's go to 2-0 on the New Year thanks to two of their youngsters Krug and Reilly Smith!!

The 6th player from the AHL/Providence Bruins made both their NHL debut when Justin Florek was inserted into todays lineup.

Krug is starting to become a strong Calder Trophy candidate getting his 9th & 10th goals of the season in the B's 4-1 win over the Jets.

The B's now embark on a tough West coast trek that should be a real test for this young defense.

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-09-2014, 06:11 PM   #173 (permalink)

Tough loss in Anaheim especially after the B's played perhaps their best overall period of the season in the 1st with absolutely nothing to show for it!

The Ducks are tough at home but the Bruins poor play on the PK is really what did them in, down 3-0 the team battled back to 3-2 then loss the momentum when Marchand was called for a non existent penalty that lead to Anaheim's 3rd PP goal of the night.

Not seeing the Western Conference much I have to say I was pretty impressed with Jonas Hiller who stole the 1st period for his team.

Good news on the injury front as Eriksson has been skating in practice but has not yet been cleared for contact, but getting named to the Swedish team leads one to believe his return is not far off!

LA Kings tonight as the West Coast trip continues.

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by TASS; 01-10-2014 at 11:13 AM.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:04 PM   #174 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Went to the New Years Eve game the B's lost to the Islanders. It was a great game even though we lost. My girlfriend went to the following home game against the Jets in which they won. Im not from Boston but I love the B's. Growing in Miami, there isn't that much love for hockey and experiencing a Bruins game was amazing.
Autocentral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:48 PM   #175 (permalink)

No shame in falling to the Ducks. Points wise, they're now the top team in the league. And yeah, Hiller has been a beast lately.