Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2014, 10:14 PM   #176 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocentral View Post
Went to the New Years Eve game the B's lost to the Islanders. It was a great game even though we lost. My girlfriend went to the following home game against the Jets in which they won. Im not from Boston but I love the B's. Growing in Miami, there isn't that much love for hockey and experiencing a Bruins game was amazing.
Great to hear you were able to catch a game in Boston there is nothing better than a game at the Garden! I'm going to be down in Tampa next week and going to catch the TB/NYI game next Thur. night,

Looking forward to seeing Tavares and really like the fact I'm going to see an NHL game for under $20.00 a ticket!!
Old 01-09-2014, 10:20 PM   #177 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
Great to hear you were able to catch a game in Boston there is nothing better than a game at the Garden! I'm going to be down in Tampa next week and going to catch the TB/NYI game next Thur. night,

Looking forward to seeing Tavares and really like the fact I'm going to see an NHL game for under $20.00 a ticket!!
Tavares played great against the B's, so it should be a good game. It sucks you won't get to see Stamkos though. I usually go to Florida Panthers games usually for free or super cheap (like under $10).

Im at school in Atlanta right now and might drive either to Carolina or to Nashville to catch a game.

-Nick

Last edited by Autocentral; 01-09-2014 at 10:26 PM.
Autocentral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:12 AM   #178 (permalink)

This West Coast trip has become a disaster!

The B's have not played an entire 60 min. game in well over a week and last night was another game where they gave up (2) quick goals and were never able to recover.

Heading into their arguably toughest game against the Sharks this just might very well turn out to be a winless road trip!

What is most concerning is the pattern this team is starting to fall into, defensive breakdowns leading to numerous turnovers in their own end combined with a general lack of neutral zone chemistry could make these games leading up to the Olympic break a very trying time!

Tuukka and the current defense have struggled since the injury to Seidenberg making the need to pick up a veteran defenseman all the more necessary prior to the trade deadline.

As this current group of defenseman stand they will not go far into the playoffs without making a key acquisition! There have been rumors that they have been talking to Winnipeg about the possibility of bringing back Mark Stuart which would be a smart move IMO as he knows the system and was effective in his previous stint with the B's.

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-10-2014, 11:22 AM   #179 (permalink)

Quote:
This West Coast trip has become a disaster!

The B's have not played an entire 60 min. game in well over a week and last night was another game where they gave up (2) quick goals and were never able to recover.

Heading into their arguably toughest game against the Sharks this just might very well turn out to be a winless road trip!

What is most concerning is the pattern this team is starting to fall into, defensive breakdowns leading to numerous turnovers in their own end combined with a general lack of neutral zone chemistry could make these games leading up to the Olympic break a very trying time!

Tuukka and the current defense have struggled since the injury to Seidenberg making the need to pick up a veteran defenseman all the more necessary prior to the trade deadline.

As this current group of defenseman stand they will not go far into the playoffs without making a key acquisition! There have been rumors that they have been talking to Winnipeg about the possibility of bringing back Mark Stuart which would be a smart move IMO as he knows the system and was effective in his previous stint with the B's.

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think defense has been pretty weak these past two weeks. There have a been bone head plays that have cost us as well as a lack of agression on defense. I think the B's should be fine with the group they got but their play needs to step up.

-Nick
Old 01-10-2014, 11:33 AM   #180 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocentral View Post
I think defense has been pretty weak these past two weeks. There have a been bone head plays that have cost us as well as a lack of agression on defense. I think the B's should be fine with the group they got but their play needs to step up.

-Nick
I don't know if you saw last nights game but as far as turnovers it was an absolute abomination!! Boychuk's whiff on a clearing attempt led directly to Kopitar's goal and pretty much set the tone for this game!

I really think they need to add a veteran to the backline and hope the rumors pertaining to Stuart are accurate as his addition would make an immediate impact IMO.

On a positive note it was encouraging to see the two recent 'call ups' score last night with Justin Florek getting his NHL 1st!!

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by TASS; 01-10-2014 at 11:52 AM.
TASS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 06:39 PM   #181 (permalink)

Landed in Tampa Bay today and see where they have defeated the Flyers this afternoon and have tied the Bruins for 1st in the Conference!

Will be attending the game vs. the Isles Thur. night and will have to be rooting for those Isles.

Tonight's game in SJ has now taken on even more importance for the struggling B's if they want to return home still atop the Atlantic Conf.

Good news on the injury front as Eriksson will be returning along with Thornton who has served his 15 games.

The B's need to get on the board 1st this evening and start to play better with the puck in their own end. I look for Tuukka to bounce back tonight and regain that confidence that seems to have been lost the last few games.

A win on the road could do an awful lot in helping this club to turn things around prior to the scheduled break in Feb.

And good luck to the NE Patriots as they start their run in the 2014 NFL Playoffs!!

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-12-2014, 11:25 AM   #182 (permalink)

Quote:
Landed in Tampa Bay today and see where they have defeated the Flyers this afternoon and have tied the Bruins for 1st in the Conference! [/I][/B]
I think you mean division.....Pens are 1st in the Conference.

solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 01:09 PM   #183 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
I think you mean division.....Pens are 1st in the Conference.

WHO!!! LOL

I WAS referring to the Division and for now the B's have regained that 2 pt. lead, did not see last nights win as no coverage in Fla. but it looks like Tuukka saved the day with his League Leading 5th SO!!
Old 01-14-2014, 11:43 AM   #184 (permalink)
Banned

Byfuglien or Kane? Byfuglien or Kane? hmmmmm....

Reading up on the Jets willing to movie pieces and envisioning either of these two in a Bruins sweater. Bruins have trotted out enough young talent to showcase over the last two months and I really think one of these two could be key to another deep run.

Big Buff would give the Bruins two top defensive lines and fill some of the void left from Seidenberg. Chara, Buff, McQuaid would also give opposing teams headaches in a series.

Kane of course is already revered in Boston (best punch in hockey ever) and would give the Bruins a lethal left side with Lucic on line 1.
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 03:59 PM   #185 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinkwraith View Post
Byfuglien or Kane? Byfuglien or Kane? hmmmmm....

Reading up on the Jets willing to movie pieces and envisioning either of these two in a Bruins sweater. Bruins have trotted out enough young talent to showcase over the last two months and I really think one of these two could be key to another deep run.

Big Buff would give the Bruins two top defensive lines and fill some of the void left from Seidenberg. Chara, Buff, McQuaid would also give opposing teams headaches in a series.

Kane of course is already revered in Boston (best punch in hockey ever) and would give the Bruins a lethal left side with Lucic on line 1.
Kane Byfuglien each make 5.2 million and the Bruins have space for 3.8 million. Who you moving to fit those guys on?
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 04:34 PM   #186 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
Kane Byfuglien each make 5.2 million and the Bruins have space for 3.8 million. Who you moving to fit those guys on?
Requires a talk with two guys who have no-trade clauses but both are Canadian so they might not be as adverse to Winnipeg as others.

Buff would require Boychuck (3.6M) as part of the package.

Kane would require Marchand as part of the deal.

Yep both popular guys in Boston so hard deals and not a sure bet with the no-trade clauses, but either one sharpens the team up.
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 05:21 PM   #187 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinkwraith View Post
Requires a talk with two guys who have no-trade clauses but both are Canadian so they might not be as adverse to Winnipeg as others.

Buff would require Boychuck (3.6M) as part of the package.

Kane would require Marchand as part of the deal.

Yep both popular guys in Boston so hard deals and not a sure bet with the no-trade clauses, but either one sharpens the team up.
I would love to see the B's obtain Byfuglien even though it would require Boychuk leaving, the veteran leadership is exactly what is needed for the current defense and Byfuglien would also be a major upgrade for the PP.

Not sure if this trade is going to happen but if it did this would be a major 'piece of the puzzle' for this Bruins team going forward.

Not as excited for the Marchand/Kane possibility as I don't see much of an upgrade there and feel Marchand has started to turn the corner on returning to last years level of play.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:16 PM   #188 (permalink)

Dear Bruins;

You are going to have to be a little bit better then that if you would like us to celebrate on your ice again.

Sincerely,

Your Champion Chicago Blackhawks
thetheham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:17 PM   #189 (permalink)

God, Gregory Campbell is definitely to blame for this game for that opportunity he had in OT. Literally an open net for him and he whiffed the puck. Tuukka should have never allowed the second goal but what could you do. A lot of sloppy play but at least Marchand stepped up his play.

-Nick
Old 01-19-2014, 04:19 PM   #190 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetheham View Post
Dear Bruins;

You are going to have to be a little bit better then that if you would like us to celebrate on your ice again.

Sincerely,

Your Champion Chicago Blackhawks
Lol you guys definitely should have lost that game. But a loss is a loss, no matter what happens.

-Nick
Old 01-20-2014, 02:24 PM   #191 (permalink)

Have not seen the last few games but I'll take 3 out of a possible 4 pts. on the road.

Just saw the highlights of the game in Chicago and the B's played a solid road game and if not for the 'soft' goal allowed by Tuukka they had the Blackhawks beat! Campbell had that game won in OT if he had not fanned on that open net.

Nice to see Marchand going to the net and getting a few goals for his effort.

Looking forward to the matinee today vs. the LA Kings
Old 01-20-2014, 04:32 PM   #192 (permalink)

Marchand is playing crazy good right now
Old 01-20-2014, 04:36 PM   #193 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFan28 View Post
Marchand is playing crazy good right now
That was just a #@#@#@#@ing amazing short handed tally where he 'schooled' Kopitar and pretty much validates my feelings on why the B's should NOT trade this kid!!

He is playing to the level he was at the end of last season.

Lucic just pounded Jordan Nolan after Nolan took a run at Krug! Have to give Ted Nolan's kid some credit waving off the ref to complete the fight with Lucic

The boy's are playing a very spirited afternoon matinee!!

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by TASS; 01-20-2014 at 04:53 PM.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:41 PM   #194 (permalink)

Quote:
That was just a #@#@#@#@ing amazing short handed tally and pretty much validates my feelings on why the B's should NOT trade this kid!!

He is playing to the level he was at the end of last season.

Lucic just pounded Jordan Nolan after Nolan took a run at Krug!

The boy's are playing a very spirited afternoon matinee!!
Agreed and Lucic

Marchand almost got another SHG

Powerplay Boston
Old 01-20-2014, 04:43 PM   #195 (permalink)

Krug!
Old 01-20-2014, 04:52 PM   #196 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFan28 View Post
Krug!
Kid has a bomb from the point ehh..... top of the face off circle!

Krug really has been a pleasant surprise year to date as far as scoring goals.

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-20-2014, 06:27 PM   #197 (permalink)

Marchand stepped up when those rumors started flaring up.

Yesterdays game was great but I think Gregory Campbell is to blame for that loss. Sometimes you give up bonehead goals like Tuukka did but when you pretty much have an empty net goal and miss, it is a no brainier to put the blame of Campbell.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:43 PM   #198 (permalink)

I could watch LA vs. Boston all #@#@#@#@ing day!!

Two very physical teams that for the most part played a pretty clean game with some monster hits, have to give some credit to Dustin Brown who got hammered a few times today and took em' like a pro with no BS retaliation.

Nice 2 pts. for the B's on tough back to back day's, really impressed with Johnson in goal today as I did not see the win in Dallas but would have to say he earned one for his team this afternoon,

So playing 2 of the best from the West and getting 3 of a possible 4 pts. is not too shabby.

2nd game in a row where the Bruins have played with (4) 1st year defenseman and they all did a great job, nice to see Trotman get his chance as he is having a nice year in Providence, that being said the B's need to pick up a veteran backliner before the Olympic break.

Can not say enough about the resurgence of Marchand as he again scored 2 goals including the game winner 15 sec. after LA had tied it.

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by TASS; 01-20-2014 at 06:55 PM.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:18 PM   #199 (permalink)

that marchand goal was just silly, it has to be number one on this weeks espn top 10 .
mma138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:15 PM   #200 (permalink)

For those that want to see the best goal this season, well here you go!!

Not only does Marchand score his league leading 4th short-handed goal, but watch him 'school' both Doughty & Kopitar!!

Brad Marchand Goal on Jonathan Quick (12:07/1st) - NHL VideoCenter