Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2014, 12:07 PM   #201 (permalink)

A four day break hopefully has helped this team get just a little more healthy and that brings some encouraging news as Dougie Hamilton and Chris Kelly have traveled with the team and Hamilton will play in todays game!!

The Flyers and Bruins have always been a great matchup and today should be no exception in Philly, will be interesting to see how they react to the extended time off as prior to the break they were playing some pretty solid hockey.

Just announced Spooner will be out for todays game with the flu and Jordan Caron will take his place, have not been impressed at all with Caron so far this season and today will be a big game in deciding his future with this club IMO.

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by TASS; 01-25-2014 at 12:11 PM.
TASS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 01:01 PM   #202 (permalink)

GO FLYERS!
brewcrew8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 02:33 PM   #203 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewcrew8 View Post
GO FLYERS!
The Flyers are pretty stinky...
Old 01-25-2014, 08:12 PM   #204 (permalink)

Nice game for the B's today as they pretty much pounded the Flyers!

Flyers looked like they were unaware their was a Hockey game being played, a very disinterested team IMO.

Nice to see Iginla score a pair along with Chara, a nice Win for Tuukka and it looked like the mini 'vacation' was just what this team needed.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:58 AM   #205 (permalink)

Nice back to back wins for the B's who are now on a 4 game win streak!

Did not treat old friend Tim Thomas very well last night scoring 6 on him, but in all due respect the Panthers are a team that is just playing out the season at this point.

Good to see Chris Kelly back in the lineup, he was definitely missed on the PK and will be a welcomed addition to the 4th line.

What has been nice about this little run is the fact that this team is getting production from all 4 lines which is necessary in this day and age.

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-30-2014, 05:07 PM   #206 (permalink)

Thursday night hockey at the Garden and the Canadians are in town

Just saw that Budaj is getting the start over Price, a little surprised with that but I'm certainly not complaining!!

Let's see if the Bruins can keep up their recent offensive resurgence and get their 5th straight.

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by TASS; 01-30-2014 at 05:10 PM.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:01 AM   #207 (permalink)

Extremely disappointing and uninspired effort from the Bruins last night against the Canadians.

Montreal came out and controlled the game from the opening faceoff anytime you take a night off in the NHL it is surely going to show on the scoreboard!

If you don't come to play at home against one of your major adversaries you have some issues and I think they were pretty obvious last night.

If the playoffs were to start today the B's would be playing the Habs and considering they have now lost 5 straight to this club I would not be feeling overly confident if I were a player!

This club has been playing some decent hockey so hopefully last night was just one of those nights, they need to close out strong prior to the Olympic break.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:36 PM   #208 (permalink)

Solid bounce back win for the B's this afternoon against the Oilers, tight game through 2 mainly because of Scrivens, but that all came to an end when Hamilton scored on a beautiful wraparound at the start of the 3rd

Soderberg and Krug both scored on shots from the slot and Chad Johnson got his 1st SO as a Bruin, all in all a pretty solid game to get the B's back on track!

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-04-2014, 09:55 PM   #209 (permalink)

Solid game for the B's tonight as they avenged the lopsided loss they suffered back in December vs. the Canucks.

Another productive night for both Lucic and Iginla and a nice W for Tuukka who looked sharp following his little break.

Hugh physical game for Boychuk that included a great 90 ft. pass to Paille for a breakaway goal late in the 2nd period that pretty much closed out the night for Vancouver.

As a Bruins fan I must say it's always special beating Luongo and Vancouver!!

Well Chara is off to Sochi and the young 'D' will have to step up in his absence which to date has not been much of an issue

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by TASS; 02-04-2014 at 10:00 PM.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:45 PM   #210 (permalink)

Disappointed in the refs so far. Missed the highstick on Loui, blew the whistle on a loose puck in the crease, wouldn't let Boychuk & Oshie fight, and gave Boychuk an extra two minutes on that.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:24 AM   #211 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFan28 View Post
Disappointed in the refs so far. Missed the highstick on Loui, blew the whistle on a loose puck in the crease, wouldn't let Boychuk & Oshie fight, and gave Boychuk an extra two minutes on that.
Some questionable calls or lack of last night but still a great effort by the B's for coming back from 2 down in the 3rd

The puck did not seem to bounce their way but they continued to play hard and that effort turned into a point.

Thought they had won it in OT but like the miss form Campbell against the Blackhawks, Iginla missed one of his own although it did appear the puck was tipped off his stick and just wide of the open net.

Nice to see Boychuk , Krug and Miller step up in the absence of the Capt. and if not for Tuukka this game would have been over after 2 periods.

One more game sat. against the Senators then the 2 week Olympic break....

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-08-2014, 06:33 PM   #212 (permalink)

Nice way to go into the break by 'dismantling' the Senators this afternoon!!

7 different goal scorers with 4 players getting 2 pts. in this one and the B's end up 7-1-2 over their final 10 games leading into the Olympics.

Good luck to all the NHL players going over to compete in Sochi, and regardless of Chara, Bergeron, Krejci & Tuukka playing for their respective countries, I still have to say GO USA, USA, USA!!!!!!

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-18-2014, 08:41 AM   #213 (permalink)

Bad news for you Bruins fans:

Kris Letang is now out for the year.

No crazy antics and bad mistakes and turnovers this year.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:57 AM   #214 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
Bad news for you Bruins fans:

Kris Letang is now out for the year.

No crazy antics and bad mistakes and turnovers this year.
hey, save the playoff talk at least until the Pens pick up Tim Thomas for their backup goalie....
"So hard-signed Autograph Cards without nasty redemptions isnít that difficult to do. You just have to want to do it for your collectors"---Price 3:16
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:24 AM   #215 (permalink)

Just getting to posting about the 'return' game for the B's after the Olympic break.

It looked like they had been off for 2+ weeks especially in the lackluster 1st period, came on strong in the 2nd through most of the 3rd.

I give Buffalo credit for playing like they all want to keep their jobs, as they never gave up in this game even after blowing a 2 goal lead.

Tuukka did not make the trip and Chad Johnson was less than stellar in this one, although the D did not do him any favors especially on the goal scored with under a minute left in the 3rd!

A couple of solid practices and Tuukka returning to the net should get the boy's back on track, interesting to see how some clubs returned to play without some of their marquee players who took part in the Olympic closing ceremonies or had travel issues. Must have been tough to get back on North American time!!

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-02-2014, 11:48 PM   #216 (permalink)

Well the B's get their 1st post Olympic win and owe this one to Tuukka!!

The extended time off has really seemed to get this team out of synch, and they cannot afford to give up the amount of SOG as they did tonight.

Nice to see Iginla and Eriksson have a solid game, and just about everyone got on the board tonight.

Tonight was the 1st time in 32 games that the Bruins scored over 3 goals on Lundqvist which was why this turned out to be a not so typical Bruins vs. Rangers game.

Fortunate to get two points tonight, this team needs to pick up a veteran defenseman prior to the trade deadline and tonight was proof enough!

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-04-2014, 09:40 PM   #217 (permalink)

Krejci with the hat-trick
Old 03-04-2014, 10:25 PM   #218 (permalink)

Krejci played okay today....

http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g462/teosdesserts/
teosdesserts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:52 PM   #219 (permalink)

Was hoping for Pittsburgh to lose tonight, to bring the B's within 1. Great game though.
CorneliusHelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:32 AM   #220 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFan28 View Post
Krejci with the hat-trick
Nice to see that line continue to contribute in a big way!!

Always going to be bitter sweet when you beat Tim Thomas who really looks weird in a Panthers jersey although that might not be much longer.

Let's hope the Bruins make a splash today prior to the trade deadline, would love to see them get Vanek who was not in the Isles lineup last night, so he is going somewhere. And based on the severity of McQuaids injury we could also be seeing a defenseman coming this way.

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-06-2014, 05:22 PM   #221 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Heading to tonight's game vs. Caps and looking forward to the return of Mark Recchi who will be dropping the ceremonial puck as part of the '90 years of Bruins Hockey'!!
Old 03-06-2014, 06:52 PM   #222 (permalink)

Have fun at the game TASS, will be watching from home, hoping the B's can score half-a-dozen on that defense tonight!
petesahuttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:55 AM   #223 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by petesahuttt View Post
Have fun at the game TASS, will be watching from home, hoping the B's can score half-a-dozen on that defense tonight!
Thanks, had a great time at the Gaahden' and saw a great effort from the B's!!

Washington was a team for all extents and purposes that was beat up from the game vs. Philly the night before.

Really nice to see Eriksson, Soderberg & Kelly line really contribute last night, as they were by far the best trio for Boston IMO.

Bergeron is just one of the best two-way players in the league 'HANDS DOWN' and again showed it last night, virtually taking Ovechkin out of the game!!

Tuukka was sharp and got his league leading 6th SO, even though he really was not tested much at all.

Still a little concerned with our existing D and not sure when McQuaid will make his return, but looking forward to seeing just how Meszaros is going to fit in with this squad as any experienced 'big-body' will have to do at this time!

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-07-2014, 12:07 PM   #224 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
Thanks, had a great time at the Gaahden' and saw a great effort from the B's!!
Did you see the girls get hit by the falling netting?

Netting Falls At Bruins Game, Injuring Two

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/jon-s-box-breaks-and-more
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 12:18 PM   #225 (permalink)

bruins suck go habs
oaklandasfan is offline   Reply With Quote