Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > HOCKEY

HOCKEY Post your HOCKEY Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2013, 06:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2013-14 Boston Bruins Thread

The 2013-14 Bruins season kicks off tonight at the TD Garden as they look to make another run for Lord Stanley's Cup after falling just short last season to the Chicago Blackhawks.

I enjoyed this thread last season as it was a long season with plenty to discuss, so Bruins fans 'come on in' and comment on what you think of this years team!

The addition of Iginla and Eriksson along with the majority of last seasons core lineup returning (18 players from last season) make's this club as good if not better than last season IMO.

The defense will be young with the exception of Chara and Seidenberg and Hamilton and Krug should be ready right out of the gate after experiencing playoff hockey last year.

Tukka looks to be the 'rock' in net this season and has looked solid in the pre-season and enter's this season healthy!

Looking forward to another successful season here in Boston with some new rivalries bound to develop based on the new division alignments.

After a very strong pre-season Carl Soderberg will be out of tonight's lineup with an ankle injury he will be replaced by Jordan Caron, but it does appear David Krejci will be in the lineup after experiencing back spasms the last few day's.

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by TASS; 10-03-2013 at 07:30 PM.
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

Love to see some bruins fans on here!!! Lets go B's!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jake128387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:50 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake128387 View Post
Love to see some bruins fans on here!!! Lets go B's!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yea had a pretty good crew last season, will miss BostonNut who has retired from these boards!

Looks like you will be seeing Seguin local this year, it's going to be interesting to see how he does this year in Dallas.

Really liked the added grit and corner play from Eriksson in the pre-season and feel he will be a 25 goal scorer this season in Boston, Iginla is going to improve the PP which is one area the B's needed improvement and it looks like Chara is going to be playing down low parked in front of the net!
Old 10-03-2013, 06:52 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TASS View Post
Yea had a pretty good crew last season, will miss BostonNut who has retired from these boards!

Looks like you will be seeing Seguin local this year, it's going to be interesting to see how he does this year in Dallas.

Really liked the added grit and corner play from Eriksson in the pre-season and feel he will be a 25 goal scorer this season in Boston, Iginla is going to improve the PP which is one area the B's needed improvement and it looks like Chara is going to be playing down low parked in front of the net!
Yea it was tough loosing segin but we got aw stud in Ericson in return
Old 10-03-2013, 07:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

Can't wait for this season to kick off. Loved the players they acquired in Eriksson and Iginla. Great 2 way player and a vet that can def help the PP. Looking forward to Krug and Hamilton progressing their games from last year. If Tuukka can come close to playing like he did last year I don't see any reason another cup isn't in the future. Lets Go Bruins!!!
redsox6202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:33 PM   #6 (permalink)

And the 1st Goal of the 2013-14 Boston Bruins Season goes to Chris Kelly on a shorthanded penalty shot!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Last edited by TASS; 10-03-2013 at 08:35 PM.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:30 PM   #7 (permalink)

what a fight!!!!!!
Old 10-03-2013, 09:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

I thought the best thing for Iginla to do to endear himself to the fans after last year would be to fight in game 1....nice ovation.
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:18 PM   #9 (permalink)

Bergeron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-03-2013, 10:50 PM   #10 (permalink)

Well that's one in the books, strong game for Tukka and nice work while shorthanded (2) goals!!

Iginla looks good in the Black & Gold and will be a welcome addition to this club this season.

Still need to work on the PP as they struggled with the man advantage, next up the Red Wings on Sat. night.

GO B's GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-03-2013, 11:24 PM   #11 (permalink)

Hope they don't make the playoffs and if they do, hope the Pens sweep them. Can't stand them. Chara is a punk. I wish more people wouldn't back down on him and check him hard when they can.

Blowout's biggest Cardinals fan
SeanieTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 01:01 PM   #12 (permalink)

Going to be a great night in Boston tonight with the Sox at Fenway in Game 2 of the ALDS and the B's playing new conference rival the Detroit Red Wings across town!!

The Bruins need to play a full 60 Min. against Detroit to earn the 2 points, hope they have worked out the kinks on the PP.

Would love to see Iginla get his 1st as a Bruin tonight, he looks awful good in the traditional Black & Gold!

Looks like Soderberg will not play again tonight, but I still like the 3rd line with Caron who played a great game Thur. night.

GO B's GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOSTON STRONG

Last edited by TASS; 10-05-2013 at 03:11 PM.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:15 PM   #13 (permalink)

hopefully Dougie steps it up a notch or he's going to lose his spot to Bart.
Collecting: Trey Ball (Everything), Deven Marrero (Everything), Xander Bogaerts (Everything), Daniel McGrath (Chrome Autos/Refractors), Ty Buttrey (Chrome Autos/Refractors), Rosevelt Colvin (Everything), Stevan Ridley (Auto's), Shane Vereen (Auto's), Bruins (Auto's) and anything else that catches my eye.
MrDUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 05:21 PM   #14 (permalink)

LETS GO BRUINS!!!
Old 10-05-2013, 10:32 PM   #15 (permalink)

Well all is well in Beantown the Sox have won to take a commanding 2-0 lead in their ALDS series with TB and the Bruins are putting a hurting on the Red Wings!!

Almost feel bad for Detroit who have played 3 games in 4 nights and look absolutely 'tapped' tonight in the 3rd period.

Great goal from the guy I mentioned earlier Jordan Caron and Chara scored a beauty on a nice individual effort on the PP!! The PP was much improved tonight as the B's scored a pair.

It's a final Bruins win 4-1

Nice start to this season, next up 'fighting' Patty Roy and his Colorado Avalanche.

GO B's GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BOSTON STRONG
Old 10-15-2013, 12:52 PM   #16 (permalink)

Have only seen a few periods of the last few games, and must say this years team has some of the same problems they had last year.

From what I saw in the win over the Blue Jackets it was nice to see Eriksson get on the score sheet and Tuukka Rask is in mid-season form. That being said the PP still remains an issue for this team and needs to start producing.

Detroit stole one in Boston yesterday as Gustavsson was amazing in keeping the B's from winning that game. The Bruins have made some changes to the current lineup moving Marchand to the 3rd line and bumping up Reilly Smith, it appears to be more of a 'motivation' move for Marchand who has struggled so far in this new season.

Iginla has been getting a ton of shots but has yet to find the back of the net and looked frustrated yesterday. If he continues to put the puck on net it will only be a matter of time before he get's his 1st as a Bruin!!

On to Florida with a matchup with Tim Thomas, should be interesting and hopefully this Fla, trek will jump start their PP. The team is constantly making adjustments with the lineup as Claude is looking to get the offense 'rolling', maybe a trip to Florida will accomplish that!!

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-15-2013, 04:35 PM   #17 (permalink)

Since I'm always right when it comes to hockey, thank you for taking and paying Jarome Iginla. He will have your hometown team screwed up by mid-season I'm sure.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:05 PM   #18 (permalink)

we're taking the east for sure.

Good time to be a Boston fan. Hopefully the Celtics tank and end up with Wiggins.
patriots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 08:29 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
Since I'm always right when it comes to hockey, thank you for taking and paying Jarome Iginla. He will have your hometown team screwed up by mid-season I'm sure.
Yea I'll say this he has gotten his opportunities but cannot find the back of the net, I think he was a good trade off for losing Horton who had similar regular season issues!!
Old 10-16-2013, 04:13 PM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

FYI for all Bruins fans;

Chara/Rask/Kelly signing on 11/10;
Upcoming Appearances - Events
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:49 PM   #21 (permalink)

Well the B's get to face old friend Tim Thomas tonight in Sunrise Fla., and I could not think of a better time to get the offense rolling!!

Should be an interesting matchup to say the least, and I'm sure there are more than a few of the boy's looking forward to this one.

Could tonight be the night Iginla pots' his first as a Bruin on none other than TT!!

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-17-2013, 11:08 PM   #22 (permalink)

And Reilly Smith gets his 1st as a Bruin with .59 left to beat Tim Thomas and the Florida Panthers!!

It sure wasn't pretty but I'll take the 2 points on the road, Tim Thomas played a damn solid game for an old man!

GO B'S GO!!!!

AND GO RED SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-17-2013, 11:51 PM   #23 (permalink)

Great Win guys!!! Take that Tim Thomas!!
Old 10-20-2013, 12:46 PM   #24 (permalink)

Bruins sweep their Florida road trip putting on a beating in Tampa Bay!!

They routed the Lighting 5-0 with 5 different goal scorers, great game from Bergy, and Tuukka picks up his first shutout!!

The Bruins are starting to find their rhythm and look like they are poised to go on an early season run!

GO B'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO SOX GO!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-21-2013, 08:03 PM   #25 (permalink)

Just found this thread, Tuuuuuuuuuukka Rask is set to have a great year!

http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/g462/teosdesserts/
teosdesserts is offline   Reply With Quote